Noobs...in SPAAAAACE - 5th Annual Noob WW Game

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was really torn whether or not to out you. I wanted the village cred but lynching wolves was not good for me to win.
Based on how you did it for a while I thought you were ability seer. It wasn't until killer came out as tracker that I realized I messed up.

@Matthew9Thirtyfive silenced the wolf chat the day that I was converted so I was trying to problem solve without any information from wolves (I didn't join chat until lynch close that day). Was sure I'd go in and find info that he was chaos. Then I realized THERE WAS NONE AND HE WASN'T.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
@Barkley13 I'm very proud of how patient you were with using your shot and weighing the pros and cons of virtually everything you did. Even protecting your role when it could super easy to get cred and remove suspicion just so you could be a confirmed village number during late game. All amazing thought processes.

Thanks for being a great manator and answering all my questions!! :love:

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Based on how you did it for a while I thought you were ability seer. It wasn't until killer came out as tracker that I realized I messed up.

@Matthew9Thirtyfive silenced the wolf chat the day that I was converted so I was trying to problem solve without any information from wolves (I didn't join chat until lynch close that day). Was sure I'd go in and find info that he was chaos. Then I realized THERE WAS NONE AND HE WASN'T.

Can I also point out that when matty ice silenced wolf chat, there was only 1 wolf in it. Then stagg died and there were no wolves in it. Then coffee came in and there was 1 again.
I got a laugh out of how convinced you were that shutting down woof chat was really messing with our strategy. There was no strategy happening bc we were all ded.
Great idea though, and if you had used it earlier, it really would have ****ed with us!!

Reactions: 11 users
I realized I lynched Dina first thing last night and it took me almost 24 hours to make the decision to keep lynching her

Coffee why didn’t you try to off me last night?
I realized you'd all be protected. And that since Matt was between me and you for wolf, if you could claim being attacked then that'd leave me for wolf. Then what it'd come down to is if village wanted chaos or wolves to win.

So, I planned the tie, and it worked, just not the way I wanted.

I decided to keep you and Matt for LyLo after you didn't die, because 1. it'd be fun and 2. you were vanilla. NEVER saw it coming that you'd get your abilities restored.

Reactions: 1 user
Can I also point out that when matty ice silenced wolf chat, there was only 1 wolf in it. Then stagg died and there were no wolves in it. Then coffee came in and there was 1 again.
I got a laugh out of how convinced you were that shutting down woof chat was really messing with our strategy. There was no strategy happening bc we were all ded.
Great idea though, and if you had used it earlier, it really would have ****ed with us!!
Yes, I loved the item idea. Really enjoyed seeing things that I never imagined could exist.

I totally had no idea you were all dead until after I had already used it lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
I realized you'd all be protected. And that since Matt was between me and you for wolf, if you could claim being attacked then that'd leave me for wolf. Then what it'd come down to is if village wanted chaos or wolves to win.

So, I planned the tie, and it worked, just not the way I wanted.

I decided to keep you and Matt for LyLo after you didn't die, because 1. it'd be fun and 2. you were vanilla. NEVER saw it coming that you'd get your abilities restored.

I actually wasn't between you and zig for wolf. I knew zig wasn't wolf because she was with me all night.

And I made the ability restoring item initially to use when I brought dandi back, which never happened. I decided to use it on zig because I needed both of us to stay alive if we made it past chaos. Crazy **** lol.

Oh yeah, when he got that item back (which, wtf, I don't think I've seen a tinkerer get their own items back twice in one game) he used it on shelter/em, with just shelter as a backup. Their PM was already closed that day due to both of them being blocked the night before, so I just used it on shelter, which was kind of funny because she had the Great Key and could have used it to PM with someone...so then she couldn't...and then she died holding that and the AI Storage Unit so they went out of the game.

I actually wasn't between you and zig for wolf. I knew zig wasn't wolf because she was with me all night.

And I made the ability restoring item initially to use when I brought dandi back, which never happened. I decided to use it on zig because I needed both of us to stay alive if we made it past chaos. Crazy **** lol.
So it really was the only chance :p

So it really was the only chance :p

Yeah, literally the only reason we won was the RNG chose dina to die. I really figured she was chaos and you were probably the wolf (I had no idea when you converted though lol). But I didn't think we'd survive haha.

Yeah, literally the only reason we won was the RNG chose dina to die. I really figured she was chaos and you were probably the wolf (I had no idea when you converted though lol). But I didn't think we'd survive haha.
I said it and I'll say it again! Mods can't lie - that wouldn't be fair!

edit: Oh you said WHEN you converted, not that you converted :p

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah I may trust the mods in the future. I came up with an elaborate plan that chaos was behind all the transmissions including your villager thing lol. Clearly I don’t know how this game works

Yeah, I knew it was after that, but I couldn't figure out when. I didn't put it together with stagg since I hadn't read the write-up, though I may have missed it anyway.

Yeah I may trust the mods in the future. I came up with an elaborate plan that chaos was behind all the transmissions including your villager thing lol. Clearly I don’t know how this game works
STL isn't around anymore so that's probably safe ;)

I don't like to lie to players or be intentionally misleading (unless I'm in a troll-y mood, but then I usually tell ya). The game isn't about you figuring me out, it's about you figuring each other out.

That's why I kept transmissions separate from the writeups too. They were originally going to be included in there but to some extent I wanted you guys to realize they could be ignored.

Reactions: 4 users
I do want to say that despite my complaints about this game that didn't want to end, I LOVED modding for you all, and I hope you all stick around and keep playing. Can't wait to play with you when I break myself out of my modding streak :)

Superlatives:

Best use of ability - @Matthew9Thirtyfive You made some kickass items that had me having to think through midgame balance a lot more than I expected. You also get the most popular award because almost every person that got the PM item wanted to chat with you.

Most Dedicated/Obsessive Player - @ziggyandjazzy You give me a run for my money ;) Way to work hard and give it all you've got.

Most Entertaining - @picklegurl Never change. Well, maybe chill a little. But not too much :D

Overall Best Play - @Dinashadow You killed it. Never expected chaos to make it this far and be one step away from winning. You should be very proud, as should your manators!

Biggest Pain in My Ass - @Stagg737 ...You know why :p

Most In-Sync Manator/Manatee Matchup - @Karabiner13 and @ziggyandjazzy Welcome to the family, zigzagoon. The mind meld has begun already.

Longest PM - Goes to the wolves and their manators! @grebes4lyfe @Stagg737 @picklegurl @CoffeeQuestionMark @muttmanager @SportPonies @Melchizedek @StayingPositive2017 . Largely not due to game-related posts, but holy 54 pages.

Many thanks to all the manators for taking the time to teach the new crew about WW, and for entertaining me in our chat. Shoutout to @Karabiner13 for guessing almost all of the matchups.

And many thanks to my co-mods for keeping me somewhat sane and suffering along with me, @vetmedhead and @Trilt :D
Haha it was fun! Thanks for entertaining my weirdness and for not getting mad at me for accidentally outing myself as wolf... lmao I will chill, but only a little, because I don’t actually know how to do that haha.

Reactions: 3 users
Final long post from me incoming:

cheezit - grebes4lyfe
Finn - mypetmoose
SAR/mixy - Stella Mudd
coop/kcough - emlady09
AM - Barkley13
sporty - picklegurl
karabou - ziggyandjazzy
skimble/MJ - Dinashadow
capri - MSUcvmHope
allie - Doctor-S
genny - FrostySparrow
pippy - Beagle-Brigade
craycray - m935

Lol, when you said your manator only told you to shut up early in the game my first thought was "welp, Dirks manator definitely isn't Cray!"

@Crayola227 is the manator for @Matthew9Thirtyfive ??? @Stagg737 softly approves, and we can expect to see more wall posts!

And now our family will be more dysfunctional than ever...

I'm pretty sure she would have gone with me. I think I could have created enough doubt, plus my actions were pretty anti-wolf the whole game.

Keep in mind that with conversions this oftentimes won't matter. No one had a clue about coffee until the final day or two d/t the conversion. Some wolves are also legit nuts and will literally bus their whole pack to get the victory
like I did in WWLurking Below.

Good job village! Though i admit it feels a little...

a2qj9Zw_460s.jpg

LOL. This is is both hilarious and perfect for this game.

Overall Best Play - @Dinashadow You killed it. Never expected chaos to make it this far and be one step away from winning. You should be very proud, as should your manators!

Definitely the MVN of the game. The fact that you even came that close to a victory with those win conditions is ridiculous. Incredibly well played and I can honestly say this is one of the better played games I've seen by anyone so far.

Longest PM - Goes to the wolves and their manators! @grebes4lyfe @Stagg737 @picklegurl @CoffeeQuestionMark @muttmanager @SportPonies @Melchizedek @StayingPositive2017 . Largely not due to game-related posts, but holy 54 pages.

Eat it @Lawper !!

I'm in super early development of an Always Sunny game and I'm really tempted to just make everyone chaos, lol.

You really were so close! I've never seen a chaos player get so far before haha

@CoffeeQuestionMark actually won a game as chaos pretty recently. No idea what the win conditions were but I want to go back and read it now.

I actually thought the same thing. My "too many seers" theory was a completely legit theory and even after I PM'd with Shelter and found out neither of them were seers I still thought you were role seer up until you bandwagoned onto my lynch vote. Really took me forever to figure anything about Dina out.

Reactions: 3 users
Oh, and Dina was a super seer, so got role name, affiliation, and ability.

When Coffee used the scanner on her, I RNG'd which of her three abilities she would learn. It was just coincidence that it was also the one she was using that night.

By the way, for those of you asking about chaos wolf as a possibility... It has happened before (I was once a wolf that converted a chaos player to a chaos wolf). It is mostly not allowed in games anymore because it makes things confusing af for the mods usually, so a lot of times nowadays chaos is not convertible

Final long post from me incoming:

Lol, when you said your manator only told you to shut up early in the game my first thought was "welp, Dirks manator definitely isn't Cray!"

And now our family will be more dysfunctional than ever...

Keep in mind that with conversions this oftentimes won't matter. No one had a clue about coffee until the final day or two d/t the conversion. Some wolves are also legit nuts and will literally bus their whole pack to get the victory
like I did in WWLurking Below.

LOL. This is is both hilarious and perfect for this game.

Definitely the MVN of the game. The fact that you even came that close to a victory with those win conditions is ridiculous. Incredibly well played and I can honestly say this is one of the better played games I've seen by anyone so far.

Eat it @Lawper !!

I'm in super early development of an Always Sunny game and I'm really tempted to just make everyone chaos, lol.

@CoffeeQuestionMark actually won a game as chaos pretty recently. No idea what the win conditions were but I want to go back and read it now.

I actually thought the same thing. My "too many seers" theory was a completely legit theory and even after I PM'd with Shelter and found out neither of them were seers I still thought you were role seer up until you bandwagoned onto my lynch vote. Really took me forever to figure anything about Dina out.
I feel like everyone should be a wolf in an IASIP game haha

And Final *******Padawan Post**********

Everything I posted as a Padawan post or as a comment about game mechanics is as true as I could make it. I tried to write those from as neutral of a position as possible even when I was a wolf. Hopefully it was helpful for this game and going forward. The final two lessons have already been said but can't be emphasized enough:

1. READ everything. Try not to skim anything, especially don't skim the write-ups. There several major things which were missed which could have drastically changed the course of this game (some by myself as well). Sometimes things are just mod-flair. Sometimes there are super important clues (like me or coffee being converted). The more you play the more you'll be able to pick this stuff up, but no one can pick it up if they don't read it.

2. TRUST NO ONE!! Unless someone has been hard-cleared via mod-notification you shouldn't trust anything 100%. Even with a mod-clear things can change (conversion) or not be what they seem.

So keep reading, keep looking at different perspectives and theories, and keep playing!

Thanks for the fun game everyone!

I'm pretty sure she would have gone with me. I think I could have created enough doubt, plus my actions were pretty anti-wolf the whole game.
I was always with you 100%, I only started to doubt it today when I found out coffee was def originally a villager. I think I would've figured it out. I didn't put too much thought into who I was going to protect because I was just trying to get dina lynched lol.

What a fun game!! Not gonna lie, I was cheering hard core for chaos by the end—even though I wasn’t sure who it was, lol.

Thanks mods!!!!

Reactions: 8 users

Zigzag could still have been the wolf. She could have used her protection and killed someone and you probably would have gotten the same night results as you did. Wolves can both kill and use their individual night action

@Karabiner13 I was shocked that you weren't @picklegurl 's manator. So many similarities.

What were you seeing as similarities? Zigzag was definitely closer (at least in pm). So many times she'd post things I was thinking

Ah, then you haven't seen when someone makes an item that causes the same announcement or a role (and item) that can change how someone's affiliation appears to seers and it also changes how their affiliation appears on death

Zigzag could still have been the wolf. She could have used her protection and killed someone and you probably would have gotten the same night results as you did. Wolves can both kill and use their individual night action

What were you seeing as similarities? Zigzag was definitely closer (at least in pm). So many times she'd post things I was thinking

Ah, then you haven't seen when someone makes an item that causes the same announcement or a role (and item) that can change how someone's affiliation appears to seers and it also changes how their affiliation appears on death
When she was outted as wolf it reminded me a lot of when you wilfed in Colorado.

Oh good to know. I assumed that since it said she was with me all night that she couldn’t have also attacked someone.

Oh good to know. I assumed that since it said she was with me all night that she couldn’t have also attacked someone.
I actually hadn't thought about it that way until you used it as a way to determine she wasn't a wolf. I haven't yet run into a situation where a wolf was protecting someone and killing (protectors aren't uncommon conversion targets, and converts often keep their abilities) so it didn't cross my mind that the wording would make you think she couldn't have killed anyone haha

I also don't always give those kinds of notifications. Did this game because I felt like it, but some games I'll only notify for absolute necessities, like wolves knowing they killed or seers getting their info.

Dina has come off as decently village to me, but I've never been able to say that I have good reason to believe her. That being said given the few people left her agreeableness comes off as survivability causing me to pin her as Chaos.
Are you kidding me? I thought correctly? Personal victory. Lol

Reactions: 4 users