*** Official ECU Class of 2020 Thread ***

Choose wisely.

• Carolina Blue

Votes: 37 90.2%
  • Duke Blue

Votes: 4 9.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No interview invite yet invite despite some solid (not exceptional but solid) stats: 22AA 3.6 sGPA, 3.88 BCP, Navy veteran.

My guess is I'll get an interview invite post December because they want to see if I'm serious about ECU. With applicants with my numbers they probably get the old "well, I got into Carolina, sooooooo, um, yeah" a lot. However, I'm not in-state at UNC though (long story how I am in state at ECU and not at UNC).

Of course, I am dead freaking serious about ECU--other than UNC where I have virtually no chance, it's at the top of my list.

Why is that?

No interview invite yet invite despite some solid (not exceptional but solid) stats: 22AA 3.6 sGPA, 3.88 BCP, Navy veteran.

My guess is I'll get an interview invite post December because they want to see if I'm serious about ECU. With applicants with my numbers they probably get the old "well, I got into Carolina, sooooooo, um, yeah" a lot. However, I'm not in-state at UNC though (long story how I am in state at ECU and not at UNC).

Of course, I am dead freaking serious about ECU--other than UNC where I have virtually no chance, it's at the top of my list.

Obviously I don't know how much you have or haven't done in this regard, but ECU admissions really stresses volunteerism/service, and particularly dental volunteering in under-served areas. It's not an official requirement, but it seems to be effectively an unofficial one, that you work at least one NC MOM clinic (and more is better), and any other kind of local need-based clinic is good too.

Members don't see this ad :)
is anyone interviewing on tuesday?? it's my first interview and i'm feeling kind of nervous... hehe~ any advice from those who have interviewed previously? thanks in advance :)

Reactions: 2 users
@jlim1131 How was your interview?!?

I think it went well! The interview environment was super relaxed and the other seven people seemed like really great people. Staff is great, interviewers were great, and the students were super cool too! I had fun~ :D

Reactions: 1 user
@jlim1131 That is awesome! I'm glad you had a great experience! I interview next week!

Congrats! You will have a great time! They give you a lot of time to talk to dental students, so if you have any questions, you will definitely have time to ask! :) hope it goes well!

Members don't see this ad :)
When do phone calls start rolling out? Tuesday morning? or the first Monday of December (12/7)?

I hope they call bright and early. I took the day off from work because I don't want to be screaming for joy or doing my Eeyore impression there. But I'm just going to be bouncing off the walls at home ...

:whistle::xf::(:happy::cryi::eyebrow::D:confused::nailbiting::scared::laugh::woot::clap:

Reactions: 3 users
I hope they call bright and early. I took the day off from work because I don't want to be screaming for joy or doing my Eeyore impression there. But I'm just going to be bouncing off the walls at home ...

:whistle::xf::(:happy::cryi::eyebrow::D:confused::nailbiting::scared::laugh::woot::clap:

I like the confidence :)

favor.jpg

Good luck, y'all! Hope to see you soon.

Reactions: 3 users
Good luck on Tuesday everyone! It's hard to believe that it's almost December 1st!

I received a phone call last year on Dec 1st at 7:45AM, but was notified via email that morning at 6:23Am.

Good luck trying to fall asleep tomorrow night! :poke:

Reactions: 7 users
Accepted! Email at 6:18 AM!

Reactions: 4 users
I'm in!!! Via email. I can finally sleep now. :whistle::sleep:

I'm in! See you guys in August! Congrats to everyone!

ACCEPTANCE EMAIL AT 6:18 am !!!!! Dr. Broome called at 8:07 to relay my acceptance and told me Mr. Lowery wold be calling later this evening with more info!!! Welcome all pirates, and I can't wait to meet you all! CONGRATS WE MADE IT :highfive::soexcited::clap::bow:

Reactions: 5 users
Email at 6:18 am & a call from Dr. DeWitt!!! Congrats everyone!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Email at 6:18 am & a call from Dr. DeWitt!!! Congrats everyone!!!
I got an email at 6:23 Am saying this " At this point in time, your application is currently under active review by the Admissions Committee, but a final decision has not yet been made." I wonder when they will make more acceptances...

I got an email at 6:23 Am saying this " At this point in time, your application is currently under active review by the Admissions Committee, but a final decision has not yet been made." I wonder when they will make more acceptances...
I got the same thing... *nose goes!* .. well looks you gotta call them and see what they say..

This is not bad news! They have not rejected you, many will reject their offers so stay positive, your chances are still great, I would call Dr. Lowery and see what he says… best of luck to you!

Reactions: 1 users
Congratulations to the newly accepted students! For you and anyone who has already interviewed: what would you recommend a male applicant wear to the interview? A suit & tie or a sportcoat & khakis/slacks, etc? Thanks!

Congratulations to the newly accepted students! For you and anyone who has already interviewed: what would you recommend a male applicant wear to the interview? A suit & tie or a sportcoat & khakis/slacks, etc? Thanks!
Suit and tie, it is always better to be more professional!! That's what the guys in my group wore.

Reactions: 1 users
Just curious, anyone out there interview on the 17th and get an offer yesterday?

First, congrats to all that got accepted! Second, did anyone get rejected or know someone who got rejected on the 1st? To me, it seems like everyone who did not get an acceptance is placed under "active review". If this is the case, does it mean that there is not a wait-list and that everyone is still on square 1, even if they got an interview? Any knowledge of this would be great!

Not accepted yet but I got an email saying my app was still under review :/ Got in other places though

Is ECU still interviewing? I have decent stats for that school and haven't had an interview or heard a thing. :(

Is ECU still interviewing? I have decent stats for that school and haven't had an interview or heard a thing. :(
are you in-state?? I don't mean it as insult but there are a handful of people that apply to ECU each year that don't realize it is in state only

Haha, yes!
haha ok good, just making sure! Have you been getting interviews elsewhere? maybe they think your stats are TOO high and will be going to UNC?? and honestly.. they cant interview everyone or maybe your personal statement didn't appeal to them.. they really focus on community service and a commitment to serving NC.. who knows.. I've decided the process is 90% stats/interview and 10% of just completely random drawing straws or something...

I have an interview at UNC, but no, my stats definitely aren't too high. I looked and they interview 2/3 of the people who apply while UNC interviews less than 1/3. I've worked at a free dental ministry and worked NCMOM clinics. My personal statement was about that, but it was a semi-humorous story rather than a deep, empathetic one

I have a slight suspicion that they just wait longer to take action in the application process because they know that some of their most qualified candidates will choose UNC.

I have a slight suspicion that they just wait longer to take action in the application process because they know that some of their most qualified candidates will choose UNC.

You may hit the nail on the head...

Last edited: