Ohio State 2019 hopefuls!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
At this point I would like an email just to say hey we know you exist!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Rejected...figured at this point. Oh well, spent 4 years in Ohio for undergrad I'm ok with not going back!

Congrats to all you future Buckeyes!! And good luck to those of you who haven't heard yet. Any Penn State grads out there?? Also, when is your class making a facebook page? I just put a deposit down on an apartment and am looking for a roommate!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected via email (finally something! haha). That's OK! I have found a new CVM home! :) Good luck to everyone else!

Just received an interview invite for Feb. 28th wahooooo!!! Holy crap this is crazyyy :D

Reactions: 5 users
Just received an interview invite for Feb. 28th wahooooo!!! Holy crap this is crazyyy :D

OH my gosh congrats! There is a light at the end of the tunnel!

-chants "O-HIO" while refreshing inbox-

Just curious what time did you receive it?

8:16 pm. There's three interview times scheduled feb 28th. 9:00-9:30, 9:45-10:15, and 10:30-11:00. I'm assuming they'll be interviewing several people at each time slot. So there must be more invites heading out :) fingers crossed for you guys !!

Reactions: 1 user
I am going to go crazy tomorrow! Why can't they just send them all at once!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats on the interview! Is it safe to assume final decisions won't be out until after that interview date?

I thought we were supposed to know mid-February, but I guess not... good luck to everybody waiting on an interview!

I thought we were supposed to know mid-February, but I guess not... good luck to everybody waiting on an interview!
Seriouslyyyyyyyyy Omggg! I'm happy for everyone getting an interview but more waiting??? I was the second interview day so I'm going crazy!!!! Congrats to ya guys tho!

Seriouslyyyyyyyyy Omggg! I'm happy for everyone getting an interview but more waiting??? I was the second interview day so I'm going crazy!!!! Congrats to ya guys tho!

Ugg, same here! I just want to know! Trying to convince the parents to let me get a puppy (yeah, I know horrible idea. But I adopted a stray dog before my sophomore year of undergrad, before I could live off campus so apparently I am just weak willed... or dumb, I dunno.) if I get in. But afraid of hearing bad news too. Wish they would just tell everybody on the same day!
Congrats to those who are getting interviews though!

Pending pending pending...must resist urge to call/email!

It's possible they are making decisions for everyone that they have already interviewed and those individuals may find out sooner. They may just be interviewing a last few people to fill the spots in the class. Don't count out a mid-February decision just yet!

I am starting to think they don't even know what they are doing I called earlier and the girl told me interviews were done and decisions would be out February 15th :confused:

Yet when I called the other day I was told they are interviewing into February. ...

Your killing me Ohio!

I am starting to think they don't even know what they are doing I called earlier and the girl told me interviews were done and decisions would be out February 15th :confused:

Yet when I called the other day I was told they are interviewing into February. ...

Your killing me Ohio!
I think it is both. The 'regular' interviews are completed (we got an email stating as such). They may be interviewing a last few candidates late in Februrary for whatever reason.

Thanks for that information NStarz! I hope you are right about still getting that mid-February answer. I think that will work in everybody's favor! Those who had interviews already can stop holding their breathe and those who are still waiting still get an chance to interview. Win-win!

Congrats to all you future Buckeyes!! And good luck to those of you who haven't heard yet. Any Penn State grads out there?? Also, when is your class making a facebook page? I just put a deposit down on an apartment and am looking for a roommate!

Which apartment did you pick? I was really liking the Runaway Bay apartments, but Ohio's recommended apartment list was recently updated and did not include them.

Which apartment did you pick? I was really liking the Runaway Bay apartments, but Ohio's recommended apartment list was recently updated and did not include them.
runaway bay apartment is pretty far away from the campus…and that 5th ave you have to take to get to school is always busy in rush hour

runaway bay apartment is pretty far away from the campus…and that 5th ave you have to take to get to school is always busy in rush hour
I disagree that it's far. I get to school in 15 minutes in traffic, 10 if there's not. (20 on annoying snow days like today :arghh:)

HOWEVER I definitely wouldn't live here. The actual apartment itself I like (safe, spacious, dog park, pool, lake, etc...) but the management is awful. They are extremely rude and mess up all the time (I've been overcharged on utilities for 3 months in a row, and then they "forget" to use my credit for the next month), they have also told about everyone I've talked to the wrong original rent...I don't even understand how that can happen.
I do think they know this though, because I've seen some new and slightly more competent people show up in the office...

The current first years have all asked for them to remove runaway bay from the list for these reasons.

I disagree that it's far. I get to school in 15 minutes in traffic, 10 if there's not. (20 on annoying snow days like today :arghh:)

HOWEVER I definitely wouldn't live here. The actual apartment itself I like (safe, spacious, dog park, pool, lake, etc...) but the management is awful. They are extremely rude and mess up all the time (I've been overcharged on utilities for 3 months in a row, and then they "forget" to use my credit for the next month), they have also told about everyone I've talked to the wrong original rent...I don't even understand how that can happen.
I do think they know this though, because I've seen some new and slightly more competent people show up in the office...

The current first years have all asked for them to remove runaway bay from the list for these reasons.
I dunno, I've lived at Runaway Bay for 3 years and have never had any issues...just saying.

If anyone is looking for a place, my roommates and I are looking for another person. I also know another house that is looking for people. PM me if you want more information on either.

I dunno, I've lived at Runaway Bay for 3 years and have never had any issues...just saying.
I don't know how!
A bunch of us moved here because the VME II/III students liked it/they allow pets/it was a convenient place to choose, but we've had nothing but problems. (Although I think I've heard they got new management this year? Don't know if that's true.) One girl had a broken window for multiple months that they took a very long time to fix. Another girl got put into the entirely wrong apartment and she had to move. We had a group chat for all the VME Is at runaway bay and it seemed like everyone has had at least one major problem.

Last edited:
I don't know how!
A bunch of us moved here because the VME II/III students liked it/they allow pets/it was a convenient place to choose, but we've had nothing but problems. (Although I think I've heard they got new management this year? Don't know if that's true.) One girl had a broken window for multiple months that they took a very long time to fix. Another girl got put into the entirely wrong apartment and she had to move. We had a group chat for all the VME Is at runaway bay and it seemed like everyone has had at least one major problem.
Oh dear. Lol. Well, go with the group, then. ;)

Oh dear. Lol. Well, go with the group, then. ;)
Haha yeah, we couldn't really believe how many things went wrong. I'm glad it wasn't bad for you guys though! We just didn't want to recommend it here in case it's like that for next year.

I live at Runaway Bay now. I can't say that I would recommend Runaway Bay to anyone and most of the people in my class who live here don't feel very positively about it either.

Last edited:
I live at Runaway Bay now and am moving to the Quarry next year. I can't say that I would recommend Runaway Bay to anyone and most of the people in my class who live here don't feel very positively about it either.
Honestly, I haven't heard great things about the quarry either. Lol. They're all the same...

I lived at Runaway Bay for my first year and didn't have too many issues. After I moved out in May they've changed management TWICE now and from my friends that still live there (apart from NStarz) say they've had nothing but problems since! They're all moving out. Kind of a shame since it was a nice place to live before!

I have friends that live in the Quarry and like it! Every big apartment complex will have some problems, but I think the Quarry is better than Runaway. I also know people that love Fisher Commons.

Hi all! I am new here, also waiting on a final decision from OSU. Interviewed on the 8th.

Thank you, so very much, everyone! I greatly appreciate your input on my housing question.

Thank you, so very much, everyone! I greatly appreciate your input on my housing question.
My friend lives in Lakeview Square Apartments and I really like that set up and her rent is super reasonable, if you want to look into that :)

(also sorry, I would have mentioned it before but I didn't know the name of the place, but she's sitting next to me right now so I could ask)

I've decided on OSU and I'm so excited!! Hi fellow Buckeyes :D
ALSO, has there been a Facebook page set up for the c/o 2019 yet?!

If people are looking for a guide to Columbus' neighborhoods and some listings, Metro-Rentals is a decent resource. It doesn't have a ton of listings, but you can get a general feel for what types of housing options and prices are out there. It also has a sister website, Suburban-Rentals.

I've decided on OSU and I'm so excited!! Hi fellow Buckeyes :D
ALSO, has there been a Facebook page set up for the c/o 2019 yet?!

There is a page, April will email you the link.

Just got my rejection e-mail. Bleh.

I'm sorry. Waiting this long for a rejection is disappointing :(

Did anyone else hear anything today? The silence is killing me!