Ohio State 2019 hopefuls!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Still waiting for the supplemental app! Anyone else???

Members don't see this ad.

Just got the supplemental information, and I was verified last Tuesday.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone having trouble with the supplemental app?? I just received all my login, I activated and everything. I followed instructions and when I click on Student Self-service center then OSU supplemental Apps nothing comes up. Ive emailed them but I dont know what to do. Anyone else have this issue??

plp, I'm having the same issue. I' just going to wait until tomorrow and see if it starts working then.

plp, I'm having the same issue. I' just going to wait until tomorrow and see if it starts working then.
Okay. I know we submitted the same day and seem to be on the same track hah so I am thinking maybe after we registered on OSU's site now we have to wait for another email telling us the supplemental app is ready?? Ha I dont know. But Ill let you know if they email me back!

Do you have to log in with a name.#? If so, try name.#@buckeyemail.osu.edu instead of name.#@osu.edu.

Do you have to log in with a name.#? If so, try name.#@buckeyemail.osu.edu instead of name.#@osu.edu.
You just have to sign in with your last name.#

It's not logging in that's the issue. OSU's supplemental app page just isn't showing up when we follow the right pathway to get to it. Plus the actual website layout looks different from the word document they have posted to help you find the app.

okay I got an email this morning, it just said to set up my portal, so I did the whole activation thing. I thought that was it? Did you get an email telling you about the supplemental? or are you just reading it on the vet med admissions page?
I didn't get any other instructions besides activate your account. :shrug:

Oh I see now....on OSU vet med admissions page...okay let me go through the instructions and try and I will let you know if I hit any problems! :)

Update, it may be a browser thing. I got it to work on Chrome.

Yup I used Firefox and it worked just fine....it takes like 3-5 minutes, just asks residency info again, emergency contact, and reference names. That was it, oh and fee payment. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the email that my application is completed! They finally got that annoying little ETS PPI report! The email said to keep checking your email for updates and also this: * We will begin sending interview invitations via email toward the end of November, and then will continue sending them out through January.

So exciting!:rolleyes:

Reactions: 2 users
I finally got my e-mail for the supplemental. Now I just have to wait until tomorrow for my money to deposit and then I can pay and be done with all my applications for this year.

Got the email that my application is completed! They finally got that annoying little ETS PPI report! The email said to keep checking your email for updates and also this: * We will begin sending interview invitations via email toward the end of November, and then will continue sending them out through January.

So exciting!:rolleyes:
So exciting!!

Reactions: 1 users
VMCAS app was verified on the 14th. Received my OHIO supplemental email yesterday, and submitted it today.
:)

So excited for you guys!! If you have any questions, just ask! Ill be starting in the Fall!

Could you tell me if I'm qualified to apply to OSU?

I'm a pre-vet student (biology major, chemistry minor) in my 3rd year- application time is coming up quick! My overall GPA isn't the best.. it's a 3.67 (same for my science GPA). I'm in the general honors society and the biology honors society at my college. I'm treasurer of the biology honors society and I'm an active member of the biology club. I haven't taken the GRE yet, I'm scheduled to next month. My extra curricular activities are:
  • working (20-40 hrs a week) at animal hospital as a veterinary assistant (wildlife and small animal practice)
  • volunteered at multiple animal shelters (cat and dog)
  • participate in fundraiser walks (breast cancer, allergy, suicide awareness)
  • volunteer occasionally at the local soup kitchen
  • volunteer at wild life sanctuary
  • volunteer with children at medical hospital
  • going to South Africa for 2 weeks in December to volunteer (rehabilitating wild animals and building community)
  • going to UPenn for Summer Vet 2 week program
  • shadowing a local veterinarian during surgeries
  • fostered kittens for a total of 9 months
Do you think I have what it takes? Feedback- negative and positive- would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Could you tell me if I'm qualified to apply to OSU?

I'm a pre-vet student (biology major, chemistry minor) in my 3rd year- application time is coming up quick! My overall GPA isn't the best.. it's a 3.67 (same for my science GPA). I'm in the general honors society and the biology honors society at my college. I'm treasurer of the biology honors society and I'm an active member of the biology club. I haven't taken the GRE yet, I'm scheduled to next month. My extra curricular activities are:
  • working (20-40 hrs a week) at animal hospital as a veterinary assistant (wildlife and small animal practice)
  • volunteered at multiple animal shelters (cat and dog)
  • participate in fundraiser walks (breast cancer, allergy, suicide awareness)
  • volunteer occasionally at the local soup kitchen
  • volunteer at wild life sanctuary
  • volunteer with children at medical hospital
  • going to South Africa for 2 weeks in December to volunteer (rehabilitating wild animals and building community)
  • going to UPenn for Summer Vet 2 week program
  • shadowing a local veterinarian during surgeries
  • fostered kittens for a total of 9 months
Do you think I have what it takes? Feedback- negative and positive- would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Im confused why you think you wouldnt have a chance? Especially with all of that experience and your GPA is competitive....

Im confused why you think you wouldnt have a chance? Especially with all of that experience and your GPA is competitive....

I don't really know what they're looking for exactly. Everyone I've talked to said that being accepted into US schools is nearly impossible.

I don't really know what they're looking for exactly. Everyone I've talked to said that being accepted into US schools is nearly impossible.

Every year thousands of people are admitted to veterinary schools across the US, it's not impossible. Are you an international student? That could make admission a little more challenging in the US. If you're not, the stats you posted are well within the ranges of past admitted classes.

You might have to apply multiple times, as many people do, but, again, it's not impossible.

Check out OSU's past class stats on their website. Look at the GPA's, extra-curriculars, hobbies, etc. They have lots of information about what makes a competitive applicant and how they objectively and subjectively score applicants.

Am I supposed to receive an email assuring me that I have successfully submitted my suppl app?
Also, does the portal automatically update itself? Just wondering because my application status says my suppl app is still incomplete. Just double checking since other portals update right away.

Am I supposed to receive an email assuring me that I have successfully submitted my suppl app?
Also, does the portal automatically update itself? Just wondering because my application status says my suppl app is still incomplete. Just double checking since other portals update right away.
I don't remember getting an email after I submitted by supplemental app but that was 2 years ago so it could have changed. The portal app (I assume you mean buckeyelink) was pretty inconsistent. Some people's updated right away and others never did. Same goes for when they start accepting/denying/waitlisting. It doesn't always end up being updated on buckeyelink.

I don't remember getting an email after I submitted by supplemental app but that was 2 years ago so it could have changed. The portal app (I assume you mean buckeyelink) was pretty inconsistent. Some people's updated right away and others never did. Same goes for when they start accepting/denying/waitlisting. It doesn't always end up being updated on buckeyelink.

Thank you! It kinda sucks that it's not reliable though >___>

Thank you! It kinda sucks that it's not reliable though >___>
Hi! I submitted mine last week. Did not receive an email. Took a few days for the portal to say my suppl app was complete!

Hi! I submitted mine last week. Did not receive an email. Took a few days for the portal to say my suppl app was complete!

Thank you!!! Will keep an eye out for an email then ;)

Every year thousands of people are admitted to veterinary schools across the US, it's not impossible. Are you an international student? That could make admission a little more challenging in the US. If you're not, the stats you posted are well within the ranges of past admitted classes.

You might have to apply multiple times, as many people do, but, again, it's not impossible.

Check out OSU's past class stats on their website. Look at the GPA's, extra-curriculars, hobbies, etc. They have lots of information about what makes a competitive applicant and how they objectively and subjectively score applicants.

No, I'm a New York resident. Ok will do, thanks!

So I received and submitted my supplemental app about a week or so ago. Should I be getting an e-mail or anything? The portal says I'm in review, does anyone else have this? What does it mean?!

Also, I just got an e-mail reminding me to send in my ETS PPI scores, even though I sent them in September. Called OSU, apparently they've been having a problem with receiving PPI scores. So if anyone's worried, just call them to double check, they're really nice :)

Also, I just got an e-mail reminding me to send in my ETS PPI scores, even though I sent them in September. Called OSU, apparently they've been having a problem with receiving PPI scores. So if anyone's worried, just call them to double check, they're really nice :)
I got that email too! Im calling them now!

They have received mine too! She said its just a general reminder!

They have received mine too! She said its just a general reminder!
Good, I'm glad! I called and they never got mine, so I just sent them again.

Is there a way to check on the portal? Or do we need to call or email to check?

I dont think you can check PPIs on the portal. At least I do not see where there is that option. This evening I received an email saying they have all of my stuff and to expect emails for interviews to be sent out Nov-Jan! So just to be safe just give them a call! They were super nice!

Yeah, call if you're worried. My e-mail sounded different than plp's. Mine was a direct reminder to turn in my PPI.

I received a "general reminder" e-mail too.

I'm just going to recheck the school codes at the ETS site and make sure they matched the directions from OSU. I sent an ETS-PPI report to OSU and CSU over a month ago and I know for sure that CSU received it so I'm not really worried. Hopefully, OSU gets confirmation e-mails out before Friday notifying people that their application materials have been received and are complete.

I received that reminder too. But going to call tomorrow and double check. Might as well ask them if they have received my GRE scores too (on the email it says I can check the status of my GRE scores but couldn't figure it out).

@Gwenevre my status says in "review" as well.

I received that reminder too. But going to call tomorrow and double check. Might as well ask them if they have received my GRE scores too (on the email it says I can check the status of my GRE scores but couldn't figure it out).

@Gwenevre my status says in "review" as well.
On the portal there's a tab that says "Standardized tests," your GRE should be on there

On the portal there's a tab that says "Standardized tests," your GRE should be on there
Thanks!

Just got off the phone with them and apparently they didn't get my PPI evaluations....even though I submitted early september...I highly encourage everyone to double check! The email they sent me was a "reminder." I wish it would've said "we are missing this" because they were...what if I wouldn't have called >___>

Thanks!

Just got off the phone with them and apparently they didn't get my PPI evaluations....even though I submitted early september...I highly encourage everyone to double check! The email they sent me was a "reminder." I wish it would've said "we are missing this" because they were...what if I wouldn't have called >___>
I think if you get the "reminder" e-mail, you're missing them. @plp13 sounded like she got a "we have everything e-mail, will let you know in November/December" e-mail.

I think if you get the "reminder" e-mail, you're missing them. @plp13 sounded like she got a "we have everything e-mail, will let you know in November/December" e-mail.
Ahhhh I see. Well the email said this "If you have not already done so, this is a friendly reminder that the ETS PPI report must be completed by October 31. This is just a general reminder."

I did it in September, so I thought it didn't apply to me and fell into that "already done so" category. I thought they just sent that to everyone:confused:

Oh well, I'm glad I fixed it though.

Yes! Right after the PPI email was sent to me about an hour later I received an email that said they have everything!

I got the reminder email but when I emailed back they said they already had mine. No other email yet. :shrug:

Okay so I got the PPI email, but no follow up, so I called and they said they have everything from me. I never got an email saying they have everything, just one saying my supplemental app is complete/submitted. Soooooo I guess if you're unsure just call and ask! :)

Yes! Double check! I spoke with them today and they are apparently having quite a few people who have submitted PPI reports and have them never arrive at the college. I submitted my PPI in mid September and they never got it. I resubmitted today and was encouraged to call back I see if it actually was received.

Yes! Double check! I spoke with them today and they are apparently having quite a few people who have submitted PPI reports and have them never arrive at the college. I submitted my PPI in mid September and they never got it. I resubmitted today and was encouraged to call back I see if it actually was received.
Strange it seems like everyone who submitted their PPIs in Sept had a problem with OSU receiving them. I guess sometimes procrastination pays off! haha. Im just kidding.

Reactions: 2 users
Strange it seems like everyone who submitted their PPIs in Sept had a problem with OSU receiving them. I guess sometimes procrastination pays off! haha. Im just kidding.
Maybe it really does in this case! I will have to see if my PPI now actually gets there by the 31st ( ets says it can take up to four days) hopefully I can still have my application considered! Feeling slightly nervous about this one, I hate cutting things close.

Scratch that, I got the emailing saying they have everything from me shortly after calling and confirming! :) I submitted my scores in September, about 4 days before the VMCAS deadline (Davis's deadline as well) I was worried bc Davis said it could take 2 weeks, but they sent within 2 days. GRE scores took about 3-4 days.

Okay so I got the PPI email, but no follow up, so I called and they said they have everything from me. I never got an email saying they have everything, just one saying my supplemental app is complete/submitted. Soooooo I guess if you're unsure just call and ask! :)
Which number are you calling to double check with them? Not sure if we're supposed to call the Professional Admissions Dept, or the CVM or what?

Super nervous about them getting my stuff...my ETS PPI was supposed to have been sent Sept. 16th...but my status still says "Pending".

Thanks!