PCOM - Suwanee, Georgia Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
:laugh: Just got my acceptance letter in an email after I interviewed on Mar. 24th!!!:laugh:

They said it would be about 4 weeks before they would send out anything but I guess they were just being cautious! SO EXCITED!!!

BTW the interview was really laid back I had Dr. Wong and Dr. Smallwood and they were both really cool. I was very impressed.

Still waiting for Mercer or LECOM interview. If not, my third choice out of 7 is fine with me!!!

Oh yeah, here's some stats for those still in limbo:

GPA - 3.0
PCAT - 84

6 months experience, and I think I killed my interview :cool: Good Luck!

Congrats!! I interviewed the same day so now u got me worried that i didnt do so well lol.

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats!! I interviewed the same day so now u got me worried that i didnt do so well lol.

I was really not expecting it! There was a guy there (don't know if it was you or not lol) that was telling people that he heard from a friend who interviewed the earlier week that all the spots were full and they were only wait-listing people now.

No offense to that guy but I am really glad he can eat his words!:laugh:

I wouldn't be too worried yet though, it seemed really really fast to me and I got it late in the day, so perhaps they will be making more decisions later this week and next week.

Or you may have not elected to have them send you the info through email. Regular mail is way too slow for my liking, so I actually asked if it was possible that they send me my decision through email.

Either way, I interviewed today at Lipscomb and have another at Belmont next week. Honestly I don't know where I'm going to go now that I'm off that initial shock of my fist acceptance.

Good Luck to you and hope you find something out soon! - Kevin

I was really not expecting it! There was a guy there (don't know if it was you or not lol) that was telling people that he heard from a friend who interviewed the earlier week that all the spots were full and they were only wait-listing people now.

No offense to that guy but I am really glad he can eat his words!:laugh:

I wouldn't be too worried yet though, it seemed really really fast to me and I got it late in the day, so perhaps they will be making more decisions later this week and next week.

Or you may have not elected to have them send you the info through email. Regular mail is way too slow for my liking, so I actually asked if it was possible that they send me my decision through email.

Either way, I interviewed today at Lipscomb and have another at Belmont next week. Honestly I don't know where I'm going to go now that I'm off that initial shock of my fist acceptance.

Good Luck to you and hope you find something out soon! - Kevin

No that wasnt me that said they were only wait-listing ppl lol. It was the big guy with the beard that said that to me. ur the one that goes to fsu right? im the one that was also from fl. But i didnt even know you could request for them to email you instead of mailing it out. I guess i just have to wait and see. But good luck with the rest of ur interviews. Rikki

Members don't see this ad :)
Excited for my interview on April 21st!! I was wondering if it really lasts until 4:00 PM, I will be traveling from Florida and I'm trying to finalize my travel arrangements.

Excited for my interview on April 21st!! I was wondering if it really lasts until 4:00 PM, I will be traveling from Florida and I'm trying to finalize my travel arrangements.

I was one of the last people to be interviewed and I finished out by 3pm. I guess it depends on how many people are being interviewed on that date and how long they take. I had 6 in my group, and there are 2 "sets" of interviewers...2 interviewers per interviewee.

Good luck :thumbup: They were REALLY laid back and just joked around.

I am interviewing on the 20th! YEY! I am really excited - I really liked PCOM when I went for a campus tour. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Got my acceptance today!!!:soexcited:

Can't wait to meet my fellow Ga PCOM students!!!! Mailing my deposit fee tomorrow!

I am interviewing on the 20th! YEY! I am really excited - I really liked PCOM when I went for a campus tour. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I'm interviewing the 20th also! I'm really excited, but SUPER nervous!

My interview was 2 weeks ago and I havent heard anything yet. And ive seen ppl who interviewed with me and after me have gotten their acceptance letters already. Im starting to get nervous. Should I be worried?

My interview was 2 weeks ago and I havent heard anything yet. And ive seen ppl who interviewed with me and after me have gotten their acceptance letters already. Im starting to get nervous. Should I be worried?

Well, Aisha said that it could take up to 4-6 weeks, but I would definately give them a call and ask about the status of it.

I got in 6 days after my interview:cool: but i turned them down so there is atleast one more spot now. and am about to turn down a school in maine for one in michigan :xf:

What is Aisha's email address? Im having a hard time finding it. thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
So i received a letter after my interview. It said the admissions committe has decided to delay a decision on my application and will continue to interview prospective candidates. I emailed aisha bout it and asked if i was waitlisted and she said that i was not waitlisted and it means that the committee would like to give my application further review before making a decision. does anyone know what my chances are of getting in or have received this letter also. I just want a better understanding of where I stand. thanks for your help

So i received a letter after my interview. It said the admissions committe has decided to delay a decision on my application and will continue to interview prospective candidates. I emailed aisha bout it and asked if i was waitlisted and she said that i was not waitlisted and it means that the committee would like to give my application further review before making a decision. does anyone know what my chances are of getting in or have received this letter also. I just want a better understanding of where I stand. thanks for your help

I think this is a good news, because you application was good enough, they want to give it one more review (they could have rejected you otherwise). So hopefully they will review it again and accept you :xf:. Last year's average GPA was 3.1 and they accepted 78 applicants, and this year they said they are going to accept more applicants than last year. So you can almost understand where you stand as far as your GPA, and also your PCAT scores.

Last edited:

I think you will be fine :xf:. Would you mind sharing some of your stats?

I think this is a good news, because you application was good enough, they want to give it one more review (they could have rejected you otherwise). So hopefully they will review it again and accept you :xf:. Last year's average GPA was 3.1 and they accepted 78 applicants, and this year they said they are going to accept more applicants than last year. So you can almost understand where you stand as far as your GPA, and also your PCAT scores.

Thanks I really appreciate it. Im tryin to stay positive but all this waiting is killin me lol.

Thanks for the support. My Gpa is 3.0 with 65 pcat. also great lors and 6 years pharmacy experience

You def will be fine :thumbup: Stay relax and you will get their acceptance very soon :love:

Hi everyone. I applied to PCOM a little late even my Sup Appl too, since I had an issue with my PCAT score (being wrong updated). After got fixed, my App resent to all my applied schools including PCOM late March. Until now I dont hear anything about my Appl status yet. Anyone know that when is the last interview day will be held? How many days they let you know ab interview in advance? By email or call? If they decline my appl, should they let me know? My stat is OverallGPA = 3.86, sGPA >3.90, good LORs, Pharm. experiences, volunteers, but PCAT 49% (in Jan 2011):mad:.
I have 2 interviews next week so far but still want to know whether I can have a chance to go to Georgia! Anything tip can help. Thank!

Nvm: I got an interview. I am debating whether I'll go for interview since I probably hear the result from the other three schools by May 5. However, loving to see Georgia!

Last edited:
Thanks I really appreciate it. Im tryin to stay positive but all this waiting is killin me lol.

Hey dont worry about it i got that same letter in the mail and got my acceptance letter today in the mail.

It depends on what time you get there. The earlier you do the earlier you'll get out. I was te third person there and the third person interviewed and left when I was done.

HI everyone! Congrats to those that have been accepted! I am scheduled for my interview next week- Apr 21st.. I was just wondering how the interview is?? Any specific questions they ask, or any website I should look at for questions? I searched on the SDN interview feedback page, and I dont see the school on the list :(
Please let me know... Also, Im thinking the interview is pretty late, what do you think?? Are their a lot of spots open??? Thanks guys! :D:D:D:D:D

HI everyone! Congrats to those that have been accepted! I am scheduled for my interview next week- Apr 21st.. I was just wondering how the interview is?? Any specific questions they ask, or any website I should look at for questions? I searched on the SDN interview feedback page, and I dont see the school on the list :(
Please let me know... Also, Im thinking the interview is pretty late, what do you think?? Are their a lot of spots open??? Thanks guys! :D:D:D:D:D

The interview is very laid back, they know your grades and everything they just want to know about you. I spent 15 minutes talking about sports and random things. They ask you what field you want to get into but they don't grill you. The essay is easy so I wouldn't worry too much.

Hey guys.
Those of you who have got accepted to PCOM, how long did it take after the interview to get the accepntace email?

Same for me. Interviewed on a Wednesday and found out something the next Wednesday while at the airport about to fly out for another interview :)

YAY!! Just got my acceptance email :clap::clap::clap::clap:
Interviewed: April 6th, Accepted on April 15th

Congratzz !!!:love::xf::xf::xf:

Would you mind sharing your stats, Stevenn? :D

PCAT composite: 62 (Bio: 84 Chem: 95, Qunti: 57 Reading&Verbal:thumbdown:)
Undergrad GPA: 3.9 (Foreign+U.S. coursework)
I don't have a bachelors
Pharmacy experience

Having a bachelors degree is absolutely a plus, but IT'S NOT REQUIRED so if you don't have one it's not going to affect your decision that much (with above average PCAT and GPA). I got interview invitations from NOVA, MCPHS, Thomas Jefferson, RFU, UNE though I did not have a bachelors. Turned them all down except one 'cause I want to stay in Atlanta.

The interview is pretty laid back, they are really helpful at each point and make you express your self. So you don't need to be nervous at all. If you want to perform good on the interview definitely check the interview questions on SDN; even if PCOM isn't there, they ask similar questions. Make sure you know why PCOM and why pharmacy.

Cheers

Last edited:
PCAT composite: 62 (Bio: 84 Chem: 95, Qunti: 57 Reading&Verbal:thumbdown:)
Undergrad GPA: 3.9 (Foreign+U.S. coursework)
I don't have a bachelors
Pharmacy experience

Having a bachelors degree is absolutely a plus, but IT'S NOT REQUIRED so if you don't have one it's not going to affect your decision that much (with above average PCAT and GPA). I got interview invitations from NOVA, MCPHS, Thomas Jefferson, RFU, UNE though I did not have a bachelors. Turned them all down except one 'cause I want to stay in Atlanta.

The interview is pretty laid back, they are really helpful at each point and make you express your self. So you don't need to be nervous at all. If you want to perform good on the interview definitely check the interview questions on SDN; even if PCOM isn't there, they ask similar questions. Make sure you know why PCOM and why pharmacy.

Cheers

Thanks for sharing :)

By the way, I had my interview a week ago and yet I have not heard anything back from them :scared: Do you guys think I should start calling Aisha asking about my status or just give them some more time? :xf:

Hey guys, I just got a interview for this school, and it was one of my number 1 choice since foreverrr. is the interview held in suwanee or Atlanta?

Hey guys, I just got a interview for this school, and it was one of my number 1 choice since foreverrr. is the interview held in suwanee or Atlanta?

It's in Suwannee, and it's actually not too far from Atlanta (~15 miles). I was interviewed and got accepted a few weeks ago. I was very impressed with the school it seems like a nice area and they have their priorities in order.

I won't be attending however, as I just got accepted to a school higher up on my list, and I have an interview at Mercer next week :xf:.

I'll be letting PCOM know tomorrow that I am giving up my spot, so good luck to those who are still waiting!!!

It's in Suwannee, and it's actually not too far from Atlanta (~15 miles). I was interviewed and got accepted a few weeks ago. I was very impressed with the school it seems like a nice area and they have their priorities in order.

I won't be attending however, as I just got accepted to a school higher up on my list, and I have an interview at Mercer next week :xf:.

I'll be letting PCOM know tomorrow that I am giving up my spot, so good luck to those who are still waiting!!!

DO you have any idea about how they invite candidates, since I got invitation 2 weeks ago but my interview day later than my friend, who has invitation this week but the interview day before mine?:idea: Thanks for any tip!

DO you have any idea about how they invite candidates, since I got invitation 2 weeks ago but my interview day later than my friend, who has invitation this week but the interview day before mine?:idea: Thanks for any tip!

Don't know but they might let you change your date if you request. I emailed them and asked if there were any other dates available I could interview and was able to change my date.

It has been 10 days since my interview and I have not heard anything back yet T___T. Does this look like a bad sign ...:scared: Should I give Aisha a call and ask her about my application status?:confused:

Don't know but they might let you change your date if you request. I emailed them and asked if there were any other dates available I could interview and was able to change my date.

Thank! Is it possible to have an interview rescheduled earlier ? How the delay interview day will affect your chance? since I'll have exam on the days and the final on the following week. Hard to handle! Anyone has idea?

It has been 10 days since my interview and I have not heard anything back yet T___T. Does this look like a bad sign ...:scared: Should I give Aisha a call and ask her about my application status?:confused:

Not necessarily a bad sign vivi, but I would definitely give admission office a call and ask the status... good luck:xf:

Thank! Is it possible to have an interview rescheduled earlier ? How the delay interview day will affect your chance? since I'll have exam on the days and the final on the following week. Hard to handle! Anyone has idea?

I had mine moved up two weeks on a Monday to that Thursday (just a few days later).

I actually switched my interview date with ksh09, and even though I went later, I don't think it hindered my chances--received my acceptance a week after the interview :)

I actually switched my interview date with ksh09, and even though I went later, I don't think it hindered my chances--received my acceptance a week after the interview :)
Thanks.
But now I regret bcs it is hard to find a affordable flight ticket for next week interview day. I am stuck! May 1 week delay a good idea?

has anybody who has been deffered heard anything back yet? I got the letter that they are going to delay a decision on my application about a month ago and was wondering what my chances are. thanks

Just received my acceptance email! :laugh:
Super excited!!! Congrats to all others that got in .... and :thumbup: good luck for those who are still waiting!!!

Just received my acceptance email! :laugh:
Super excited!!! Congrats to all others that got in .... and :thumbup: good luck for those who are still waiting!!!
When was yr inteview day? How many interviees were in your group? I have mine next week. Do you mind sharing any tip? Thank you.

When was yr inteview day? How many interviees were in your group? I have mine next week. Do you mind sharing any tip? Thank you.

I had my interview on the 20th and there were 9 people in my group. The interview was like people mentioned in this forum .... very relaxed. The two students giving the tour were very nice .... all in all a very pleasant experience. Don't worry about the questions ..... just talk about yourself and add your experiences regarding pharmacy into your discussion.
Good luck!!:thumbup:

I had my interview on the 20th and there were 9 people in my group. The interview was like people mentioned in this forum .... very relaxed. The two students giving the tour were very nice .... all in all a very pleasant experience. Don't worry about the questions ..... just talk about yourself and add your experiences regarding pharmacy into your discussion.
Good luck!!:thumbup:
Thanks a lot!

Hey dont worry about it i got that same letter in the mail and got my acceptance letter today in the mail.

I got the same letter :scared: I was really hoping to get in to PCOM, I guess this is essentially an alternate list or waitlist? Here's to hoping!