Philadelphia COM - Georgia (GA-PCOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Was that after you made the deposit?

yea after you make the $250 deposit, you should get a separate email from student affairs with your login

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
MCAT: 510
OpoQQ.jpg

I applied to GA-PCOM and interviewed back in November but was placed on MCAT hold. I since then retook the January MCAT and sent my scores in about two weeks ago and followed up with an email. I still haven't heard back. Anybody else in the same predicament? If so, have you had any correspondence with admissions?

Several of my peers were place on hold for MCAT or grades. At first they were under the impression that once that information was submitted they would receive a decision. However after all this time, it looks like they may finish up the interview process then go back and review applications for those on hold to make a decision. Nothing has been officially stated to those on hold, but that is what seems like to be going on. I assume that those on hold should get a decision in April sometime after the interview cycle. At this time those accepted would have to submit the larger deposit so they could really have a feel on how many open seats they have.

Reactions: 1 users
interviewed 2/19 and waiting. so i called admissions today because the mail came and still no letter. they told me that they sent out decisions on thursday so if i still don't get anything by this friday, then to call them back and they'll resend it.

just in case anyone else is in the same boat.

accepted people: can you confirm something for me? if i was indeed accepted, i should have received an email and/or see a change in my portal, correct? so even though i haven't received my letter would you say that it's safe to assume it's either reject or waitlist? pcom wouldn't say anything over the phone

Last edited:
interviewed 2/19 and waiting. so i called admissions today because the mail came and still no letter. they told me that they sent out decisions on thursday so if i still don't get anything by this friday, then to call them back and they'll resend it.

accepted people: can you confirm something for me? if i was indeed accepted, i should have received an email and/or see a change in my portal, correct? so even though i haven't received my letter would you say that it's safe to assume it's either reject or waitlist? pcom wouldn't say anything over the phone

Unfortunately, since you did not get an email of acceptance and a link to send deposit, you are most likely waitlisted.

Because you interviewed 2/19 I think mail is the way you will find out. I think the most recent interviewers were notified via email. So try to be patient I know it's real hard!! Don't assume anything. They are still interviewing in fact the next one is Friday. So if your stats were good and your interview went well you could have very well been accepted. Try to think positive and speak it into existence. I hope it works out for you. :)

Does anyone know if PCOM-GA arranges/provides housing for rotations away from Atlanta?

Members don't see this ad :)
Got an interview invite just now for March 18th.

After some thought, I will take the invite and see what they have to offer. It's going to be hard to change my plans of attending an in-state DO (ACOM), but I figured I might as well see whats there. I'm mostly interested in the rotation sites, considering ACOM will keep me in my home state, which is my preference. I've read a lot of good things about PCOM, though.

Last edited:
When will I receive nucleus log in information and welcome packet? After paying the $1500 security deposit?

When will I receive nucleus log in information and welcome packet? After paying the $1500 security deposit?
You should get it after the initial deposit and be sure to send in your technical standards. You are not confirmed without both. I found that out last year and it delayed me receiving emails from financial aid because I did not send both. The 1500 is just the final deposit.

hey guys finally got my letter today and got academic hold (they want fall and spring grades from this year). can anyone give any insight as to what this means and how good my chances are? kinda don't know how to feel

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Just sent all deposits. I look forward to meeting you guys this fall!

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if PCOM-GA arranges/provides housing for rotations away from Atlanta?

Housing is arranged through the state AHECs. When I was a student there, the school would pay for your housing if you had to travel more than 30 miles from campus for a core rotation (all rotations but electives/selectives). Not sure how it works these days with the new regional tracks.

When you do away rotations in 4th year, you have to secure and pay for your own housing.

After submitting your seat deposit. It takes a while you won't get it immediately.

hey guys finally got my letter today and got academic hold (they want fall and spring grades from this year). can anyone give any insight as to what this means and how good my chances are? kinda don't know how to feel

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Check your PM!!

I just got invited for the 18...that's in two days...

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
That's the normal turnaround time for II on this thread. Mine was less than 48 hours. I actually liked this as it meant that the process was faster and had less waiting.

Which email contained the Technical Standards? I've looked back through everything and all I've received was a guide to disability services...

Edit: A simple google search answered my question. But now I have another question:

What time does interview day actually finish? The information said 2PM, is that accurate?

Edit: A simple google search answered my question. But now I have another question:

What time does interview day actually finish? The information said 2PM, is that accurate?
At my interview day, you could leave immediately following your interview, as that was the last event. I happened to be done around 2-ish, but I was also the second person from my group of 4 to go in to interview.

At my interview day, you could leave immediately following your interview, as that was the last event. I happened to be done around 2-ish, but I was also the second person from my group of 4 to go in to interview.

Thanks!

I was the last interview from my group and didn't finish till around 4.

Plan to be there until 5pm. If you get out early great if not you were prepared for it. If you have issues like flights and things be sure to mention it once you get there so they can try to change you around so you can interview earlier, but plan to be there until 5pm they have people walking into rooms at 4:30 last Friday, so you never know!

Did not enjoy my visit to PCOM. Totally my opinion and should not be assumed by anyone else. Will be withdrawing my application

Posted from my DROID Turbo

Did not enjoy my visit to PCOM. Totally my opinion and should not be assumed by anyone else. Will be withdrawing my application

If you don't mind me asking, what exactly made the visit not enjoyable?

Curious as to what happened during your visit. Could you PM me?

Didn't feel like a good fit for me. That's all. Nice place, good facilities, good people, just didn't "feel it "

I am really sad to hear this :-( PCOM is amazing in my opinion. I hope that your interview went well though even if you did not enjoy your visit. Have you already decided to matriculate elsewhere? Or just taking the chance of withdrawing and looking into other programs?

Accepted to ACOM and waiting on MDs. Family in Dothan makes a difference.

I think I should have phrased my original post a little better. Absolutely nothing was wrong with PCOM itself, just didn't like how I felt there.

Accepted to ACOM and waiting on MDs. Family in Dothan makes a difference.

I think I should have phrased my original post a little better. Absolutely nothing was wrong with PCOM itself, just didn't like how I felt there.

That's completely understandable. As long as you have secured 1 spot then that's really all that matters. I am a firm believer in being somewhere you feel at home and feel comfortable with. It produces the best learning environment. For me that's PCOM. & I feel like I feel the same way you feel about some other schools. Congratulations on all of your success thus far. Goodluck wherever you land.

Anyone else wonder how many people they waitlisted this cycle?

Will be declining my acceptance, so hope somebody on the waitlist gets the spot!

So if you are accepted into the program will you receive snail mail or an actual email for you to know you have been accepted?

So if you are accepted into the program will you receive snail mail or an actual email for you to know you have been accepted?

It all depends on when you interviewed. I heard that people who interviewed in the last few rounds have been getting emails and snail mail. Mainly because they want to get the deposits in and make sure people find out early enough before the April 15th deadline.

oh okay i interviewed late and i have not received an email but I am expecting something in the mail so I was paranoid because I felt may be that meant a hold or waitlist...

Would anyone know if they are still offering interviews this late in the cycle? Thanks

Would anyone know if they are still offering interviews this late in the cycle? Thanks

I was informed from someone who works in the admissions department and a student who interviewed last Friday that last Friday was the last interview date. They are not conducting anymore interviews. :-/

oh okay i interviewed late and i have not received an email but I am expecting something in the mail so I was paranoid because I felt may be that meant a hold or waitlist...

It usually takes about 3 weeks from the interview date for you to hear back. So if it's been more than 3 weeks feel free to call them and ask what's the hold up. If it has not been 3 weeks as hard as it may be.... just be patient it is coming!! I know I was so nervous and anxious waiting and I didn't have to wait 2 weeks we got our decisions within a 2 weeks only because it was Christmas holiday and school was closing though.

I was informed from someone who works in the admissions department and a student who interviewed last Friday that last Friday was the last interview date. They are not conducting anymore interviews. :-/
Oo ok. :/ thank you for the update

For anyone that's interested, if you search GA-PCOM on Facebook you can see some of the matches that they had! A handful of people posted pictures holding up signs where they're going.

Didn't someone say that new students are automatically sent a link to the new students FB page?

Didn't someone say that new students are automatically sent a link to the new students FB page?
Yeah you should receive the invitation through an e-mail. It took a while for me to get the link