RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
We're currently under a boil water advisory. o_O I guess the water treatment facility lost power for a bit last night, so it sounds like it's just a precaution, but it's slightly annoying.

Also I've definitely gained weight over the past few months, because the slacks I wore to my K State interview in December have reached the point where they no longer fit. :cryi:

We're currently under a boil water advisory. o_O I guess the water treatment facility lost power for a bit last night, so it sounds like it's just a precaution, but it's slightly annoying.

Also I've definitely gained weight over the past few months, because the slacks I wore to my K State interview in December have reached the point where they no longer fit. :cryi:
I have all this business casual type stuff that I bought last year but didn't end up needing until now. Come to find a good bit of it doesn't fit anymore...

I have all this business casual type stuff that I bought last year but didn't end up needing until now. Come to find a good bit of it doesn't fit anymore...
The struggle is real. :( We're supposed to wear business casual for classes, too. At least nice jeans are allowed!

Reactions: 1 users
Because this university is crazy, i might not actually end up enrolled in anything other than expensive health insurance this year because they failed to specify that things needed to be finalized online at the end of business hours rather than at the end of the day (all the email said was 8/15). I have ben editing things for a week now, and have been trying to chat with my family about the choices today but they were in meetings all day. So angry at this system.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh my god. Business casual for CLASS is totally nutso to me! Give me jeans any day!

Though I'm stuck in business casual for clinics. Hmmph.

Reactions: 2 users
Labs aka clin path. Should actually be pretty decent one to come back to since I've heard the hours aren't too terrible and there's no patient care/weekend duties/etc but I still don't want to set an alarm...

Totally chill rotation. Fixed/reliable hours, minimal study outside of class, straightforward test at the end.....

Make sure you put in the time to go through the example slide boxes ... all .... however many there are. Worth it in the long run.

Reactions: 1 user
Omg they're so easy. Don't have to try to match things or make an outfit that looks good or whatever. You just wear the dress and BOOM. Done.
I won't wear dresses on clinics though because I could TOTALLY see myself falling, or a dog being a dork and then all of a sudden you see mah bum!

you seem to be confusing dresses with scrubs ;)
I threw on green bottoms and a bright pink top the other day and didn't think about it until I got to work. There was a moment of horror when I realized what I was wearing. It was great.

I threw on green bottoms and a bright pink top the other day and didn't think about it until I got to work. There was a moment of horror when I realized what I was wearing. It was great.
"Pretty flower! Pretty, pretty flower!"

Omg they're so easy. Don't have to try to match things or make an outfit that looks good or whatever. You just wear the dress and BOOM. Done.
Ah see I don't do outfits. I do jeans plus whatever geeky t-shirt I grab first. On workdays, it's jeans and whatever dressy shirt I grab first.

Reactions: 5 users
Caught a dragonite on pokemon go this morning! But its CP value and moveset are total ****, so yeah...not useful.

Celsius is communist.

(But I admit, I do like the metric length measurements.)

Me too! Except for measuring people's heights. Metric is better for pretty much everything else, especially weight and liquids.

For temps, though... I like that Fahrenheit is a finer scale. Also America. Freedom. Bald eagles. Apple pie.

Speaking of Chopped, my friend and I were working on a Chopped Bingo drinking game earlier tonight. :p
Someone misses an ingredient.
Someone gets blood on their dish.
A judge complains that the ingredient hasn't been transformed enough.
You correctly guess a mistake before it happens. (Oh, they just highlighted them putting a crumble to brown? Gonna be burned in 3.. 2... 1...)
Kitchen fire.

etc...? :p

You correctly guess a mistake before it happens. (Oh, they just highlighted them putting a crumble to brown? Gonna be burned in 3.. 2... 1...)
Kitchen fire.

What does ANY of this mean...

Kitchen fire.

Some of the ones we came up with were:

Someone gets lost in the pantry
Ice cream maker mishaps (x2 if not churning fast enough, x3 if overchurned)
Someone makes a bread pudding for dessert
Ted Allen looks concerned about a contestant
A contestant vastly overestimates their own abilities
Scott Conant complains about raw red onion
Zakarian complains about spicy food
Amanda Freitag clearly does not understand how to eat the dish correctly
Alex Guarnaschelli has a look on her face like everyone around her is an idiot (x2 is everyone around her actually is an idiot)
Someone doesn't know what a basket ingredient is
Someone complains about a basket ingredient being canned food
Everybody makes basically the same dish in a round
Undercooked food (x2 for rice, quinoa, pasta, or similar)
Ugly plating
Sob story told in first round
Cocky contestant eliminated in first round

And, the absolute best, someone talks trash about the other contestant's dishes and then is themselves eliminated in the round

Reactions: 3 users
Some of the ones we came up with were:

Someone gets lost in the pantry
Ice cream maker mishaps (x2 if not churning fast enough, x3 if overchurned)
Someone makes a bread pudding for dessert
Ted Allen looks concerned about a contestant
A contestant vastly overestimates their own abilities
Scott Conant complains about raw red onion
Zakarian complains about spicy food
Amanda Freitag clearly does not understand how to eat the dish correctly
Alex Guarnaschelli has a look on her face like everyone around her is an idiot (x2 is everyone around her actually is an idiot)
Someone doesn't know what a basket ingredient is
Someone complains about a basket ingredient being canned food
Everybody makes basically the same dish in a round
Undercooked food (x2 for rice, quinoa, pasta, or similar)
Ugly plating
Sob story told in first round
Cocky contestant eliminated in first round

And, the absolute best, someone talks trash about the other contestant's dishes and then is themselves eliminated in the round
Both ones I considered putting in my list. :laugh:

Can we add "a judge raving about how creative a dish is when it's just breading the protein with the starch OR making ice cream"? Because man that gets eye rolls out of me every time.

Imma need a completed version of this when you're done. I looooove Chopped. Right @Caiter92? :p

What does ANY of this mean...
Get your ass on Netflix right now and watch some Chopped. It's a competitive cooking show, sort of like Iron Chef, but better.

Can we add "a judge raving about how creative a dish is when it's just breading the protein with the starch OR making ice cream"? Because man that gets eye rolls out of me every time.

Imma need a completed version of this when you're done. I looooove Chopped. Right @Caiter92? :p

Get your ass on Netflix right now and watch some Chopped. It's a competitive cooking show, sort of like Iron Chef, but better.
I also used to play a Cupcake Wars one but I think it might actually be dangerous to your health, as a few categories included "contestants wearing tutus", "the host being creepy", "icing melts off cupcake", and "contestants seem to have never made a cupcake in their life before".

Also, honestly, if I was on Chopped I think I would serve Scott Conant a giant plate of raw red onions out of a personal vendetta against him.

I also used to play a Cupcake Wars one but I think it might actually be dangerous to your health, as a few categories included "contestants wearing tutus", "the host being creepy", "icing melts off cupcake", and "contestants seem to have never made a cupcake in their life before".
Also, honestly, if I was on Chopped I think I would serve Scott Conant a giant plate of raw red onions out of a personal vendetta against him.
Did you ever watch Sweet Genius? "Host being creepy" would send you to the hospital before the end of the first episode.

I actually did a homebrew Chopped round as part of a TV-inspired cooking challenge on reddit a couple years back... made the SO secretly pick up ingredients for me and everything. It's really HARD!

Last edited:
Did you ever watch Sweet Genius? "Host being creepy" would send you to the hospital before the end of the first episode.

I actually did a homebrew Chopped round as part of a TV-inspired cooking challenge on reddit a couple years back... made the SO secretly pick up ingredients for me and everything. It's really HARD!
Sweet Genius was my favorite! Did you see the episode where he made himself an inspiration for a round? So horrifying.

Chopped, such fun. Kids edition is ridic, they are so driven. "I'm 8 and I want to be a neurosurgeon, own my own restaurant and I already have my own catering business." I'll just keep vegging on the couch in my state of ineptitude, thanks very much.

Yeah, I would give Scott red onion 5 ways, all states of raw ;)