RAVE HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The bf took me to the bus stop this morning on the bike. Both on the same one. A really small one. Haha I wish I had a picture. It's the last time for him to do this because he's leaving tomorrow. We're hopefully gonna be able to have a date night tonight! :xf:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I love end of block cookouts. At the end of every rotation of students, they're grilling outside the barn. Lots of food. I'm starving today and only have ramen with me, so I'm super excited. I didn't realize thy three weeks were already over again.

Complained yesterday about my relatives talking about how people waste their money on veterinary treatments... ran into one of the people they had complained about on the way into the condo, with his dog.

Friendly conversation ensued, and of course me going in to vet school came up. The (single, older man) owner was absolutely adorable, encourages me to specialize because of his great experiences with getting his dog cataract surgery at a specialty center, and goes on to say, "It's just wonderful what you guys can do now. This dog is worth a million bucks, he's my best buddy and having him be able to see again was the best thing I could have spent my money on."

:love:

Complained yesterday about my relatives talking about how people waste their money on veterinary treatments... ran into one of the people they had complained about on the way into the condo, with his dog.

Friendly conversation ensued, and of course me going in to vet school came up. The (single, older man) owner was absolutely adorable, encourages me to specialize because of his great experiences with getting his dog cataract surgery at a specialty center, and goes on to say, "It's just wonderful what you guys can do now. This dog is worth a million bucks, he's my best buddy and having him be able to see again was the best thing I could have spent my money on."

Aww...some people are so sweet.

And those are the people we go through 4 years of vet school hell for.

Just found out how useful VIN can be. I :love: it. So in NC we've had thunderstorms pretty much every night. I could go either way with them but my Chi is so afraid. The thunder and the rain scare her. I typically keep her in a DAP collar during storm season and that helps to take the edge off, but she still pants and can't relax. So it's worrying me on a Saturday night when I can't go to a clinic. I put a shirt on her, tight, but not a thundershirt. And then I go to VIN and read about noise phobias. Someone suggested http://throughadogsear.com/canine-noise-phobia-series/. I played a couple of sample clips and it seems to have helped. When she'd get a little more anxious I'd play some more. :xf: I really hope this will work. I'd prefer to keep her off drugs.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview done. Think it went well but couldn't get a read on the doc.

The rave is that I am now at Urth Caffe in Santa Monica, waiting on a delicious if expensive panini, a ridiculously caloric chocolate blackout cake, and a French press of coffee heaven.

Now all I need is a celebrity sighting.

Interview done. Think it went well but couldn't get a read on the doc.

The rave is that I am now at Urth Caffe in Santa Monica, waiting on a delicious if expensive panini, a ridiculously caloric chocolate blackout cake, and a French press of coffee heaven.

That is awesome!! I'm sure you did great! Can't wait to hear and I want your cake!! :D

That is awesome!! I'm sure you did great! Can't wait to hear and I want your cake!! :D

03c00e9f.jpg

And

33688dc1.jpg

Also, from the looks that a group of firemen accross the street are giving me, I might be the celebrity. :eek:

Glad it went well, FTB! And that food looks delicious!

I get to go back to the clinic I volunteered at a bunch in undergrad for the next week and a half. So pumped. I have missed the people here so much!

The cake was delicious, as was the coffee. :)

I was walking to my car from the cafe and a guy walking past me actually stopped and turned around to look at me (lol) I kept walking and two blocks later he caught me up and offered to buy me a beer. I explained I had an SO, and he said "just a beer" and that's what it was. A beer at the Santa Monica pier with the roller coaster and sunset in view. Good times, and we ended up teasing his friends who showed up, claiming to be long lost childhood friends who used to ride Harley's together :lol: and he told stories about retouching movie posters. all in all, a good hour and a half with total strangers, one beer and one hell of a view.
And then I came home to a lovely bunch of flowers from BF and some cuddles, because he didn't have to work an overnight last night.

I needed a good night. And now I have the other half of that turkey panini for lunch and cake for dessert. Nom nom.

I just put down a deposit on a flat!! :soexcited:

Now all that has to happen is that after I fill out the application they approve everything and that I can actually move in. The guy who showed the place and took my deposit said that he would be sure that they approve everything and not to worry... :D:D:D:D:D:D:soexcited:

I have arrived in Edinburgh!! :)

I cannot express how much I love that city. It's AMAZING. Go hike up to Arthur's Seat and take some pics, mkay? Then buy yourself some fish & chips to celebrate a successful apartment hunt! My friend and I literally just spent days wandering around the city. It's old in the best possible way. :love:

I cannot express how much I love that city. It's AMAZING. Go hike up to Arthur's Seat and take some pics, mkay? Then buy yourself some fish & chips to celebrate a successful apartment hunt! My friend and I literally just spent days wandering around the city. It's old in the best possible way. :love:

Seconding the Arthur's Seat bit. Just don't do it in sandals. Did that the 2nd time I visited and climbed up it. Was still successful but I would have preferred more traction at some parts.

Just found out my parents turned in their requests for Oct 12-21. As soon as it goes through they're getting plane tickets to come and visit me. I can't wait! I miss them so much.

My dad bought me a new coach bag just because! And my parents told me that they want to buy me some new school clothes and gave me their credit card. I haven't been shopping in probably 3 years so I am excited!

I think I just took a level in computers (windows specialty)!
I have successfully deleted Ubuntu and changed BIOS settings so that my XP recovery disk recognized the HDD, which it is now 35% into formatting to NTFS. Then I will follow the setup prompts to install XP and hopefully resurrect this Dell laptop for use as a media center.

I have successfully deleted Ubuntu and changed BIOS settings so that my XP recovery disk recognized the HDD, which it is now 35% into formatting to NTFS. Then I will follow the setup prompts to install XP and hopefully resurrect this Dell laptop for use as a media center.

I want to say that sounds awesome because it sounds super impressive, but actually, I have no idea what any of that means. Props to you!

I want to say that sounds awesome because it sounds super impressive, but actually, I have no idea what any of that means. Props to you!

I know what some of it means, and I know now what I had to do to fix the laptop, which makes me smarter* than the easy tech guy at staples who said "buy a new hard drive" but not as smart as my CS friends who think I should have learned to work with Linux/Ubuntu.

*he also is there to sell you hard drives, so maybe he isn't stupid, but then he'd be dishonest.

I think I just took a level in computers (windows specialty)!

...:confused::confused: where were you a few hours ago when i was trying to install office 2010 university and it was flat out refusing to verify me?? though, the tech support led to kind of a funny conversation (mind you that before this convo took place, i had already verified that microsoft does indeed know that grenada and SGU exist, it just wasn't letting me proceed from there) - TS: "please give me the name of your school, the state and city where the school is located, and your school email address" ME: "St. George's University, which is on the island of Grenada (West Indies), email address" TS: "what state is the school in?" ME: *facepalm* "Grenada is an island" TS: "i need the city and state where the university is located" ME: *facepalm harder* "I live in the US, but I go to school in the country of Grenada" :rolleyes: good times. she did later go on to fix the problem (but it did take awhile) at least :laugh:

2 raves:

1. My horse was sound this morning after being lame for over 2 weeks!
2.And I fit into a pair of pants this morning that I haven't been able to wear since last summer!

This is looking like a good day! :D

I got approved for a cell phone plan in the UK!!!! Even with no UK credit and having only been here for only a week. So happy!! I have normal access to the world again!!

...:confused::confused: where were you a few hours ago when i was trying to install office 2010 university and it was flat out refusing to verify me?? though, the tech support led to kind of a funny conversation (mind you that before this convo took place, i had already verified that microsoft does indeed know that grenada and SGU exist, it just wasn't letting me proceed from there) - TS: "please give me the name of your school, the state and city where the school is located, and your school email address" ME: "St. George's University, which is on the island of Grenada (West Indies), email address" TS: "what state is the school in?" ME: *facepalm* "Grenada is an island" TS: "i need the city and state where the university is located" ME: *facepalm harder* "I live in the US, but I go to school in the country of Grenada" :rolleyes: good times. she did later go on to fix the problem (but it did take awhile) at least :laugh:
:laugh:
Oh tech support. Oh Microsoft.

Hopefully next time you have a problem, we will both be in Grenada! :smuggrin:

One more day of the fair!! It's been a lot of fun teaching kids to milk goats and cows but if be totally ok if their parents taught them some manners.....

Finally heard from my big sib and it is someone I've never met, so it is not a person that doesn't like me! Yay!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SDN Mobile

I got approved for a cell phone plan in the UK!!!! Even with no UK credit and having only been here for only a week. So happy!! I have normal access to the world again!!

Lucky you. I tried that cause I couldn't get service in my bedroom and certain areas of my flat and wanted to switch providers from T-Mobile during my second semester. I tried Vodafone which wasn't any better and then 3 which was a bit better but turns out my phone from the states wasn't actually 3G so it rejected the SIM card. They denied me because I didn't have a permanent address and only had a US debit card. Guess they're nicer in Scotland. :laugh:

I like you. Who else do you need?!!?!?! :p :D

I'll punch em in the throat. Point em out!

If I have you and Emiloo I'm set for life! j

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SDN Mobile