RAVE HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm going to cry. My grandparents bought me a ticket home for thanksgiving without even telling me and surprised me by sending my itinerary in the mail. Like.. SNAIL MAIL. It's been 4 years since I had thanksgiving with my family because of distance. Thanksgiving is also the only time of year when EVERYONE in my family gets together. I can't wait to see everyone!!!! I called them immediately bawling my eyes out. <3

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 8 users
Kicked major butt on my anesthesia exam today. One more midterm and then I'm finally done!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
My bestie just texted to me to tell me she got us VIP ticket for Alton Brown with a meet and greet! For those of you who don't know that name, he has several shows on the Food Network, like Good Eats, Cutthroat Kitchen, and he's the host of Iron Chef America. He is my foodie hero and I'm slightly obsessed with him. I'm so excited I can't hardly contain it!

Reactions: 3 users
My bestie just texted to me to tell me she got us VIP ticket for Alton Brown with a meet and greet! For those of you who don't know that name, he has several shows on the Food Network, like Good Eats, Cutthroat Kitchen, and he's the host of Iron Chef America. He is my foodie hero and I'm slightly obsessed with him. I'm so excited I can't hardly contain it!
Heck yeah Good Eats! That and Unwrapped define my childhood

I usually lean more Pioneer Woman, but he is my man for Thanksgiving. His turkey is the ****.

So jealous. LOVE Alton Brown.

I went and applied at a couple of clinics on Tuesday, already got a call back about a full-time receptionist position! Interviewing tomorrow morning!

Reactions: 1 users
I just registered for SAVMA Symposium and you all should too!!! It's gonna be an awesome time up here in Minnesota and there are some great events planned, not to mention awesome lectures, if I do say so myself (which you know, has nothing to do with the fact that I planned some of them ;)). Woohoo!!!

I have the BEST anatomy professor ever! The weekend before every anatomy exam she opens up her house to use for review sessions on Saturdays, then comes into the lab on Sundays and sets up a practice practical where she answers any questions we have! We also all have her cell phone number and she ENCOURAGES us to call her with any questions!

Also, when she makes a mistake on something and has to send out another email she says: "Fecal Matter"

Reactions: 1 user
I have the BEST anatomy professor ever! The weekend before every anatomy exam she opens up her house to use for review sessions on Saturdays, then comes into the lab on Sundays and sets up a practice practical where she answers any questions we have! We also all have her cell phone number and she ENCOURAGES us to call her with any questions!

Also, when she makes a mistake on something and has to send out another email she says: "Fecal Matter"
Enjoy these amazing professors who love and live to teach because the higher up in the learning process you go, the less of them you get!

I just registered for SAVMA Symposium and you all should too!!! It's gonna be an awesome time up here in Minnesota and there are some great events planned, not to mention awesome lectures, if I do say so myself (which you know, has nothing to do with the fact that I planned some of them ;)). Woohoo!!!

I have vowed off SCAVMA symposium for the remainder of vet school (granted this coming one is the last one I would likely be able to go to anyway) after my knee injury at SCAVMA in Colorado... So instead me and the Hubs will be off to the beach for spring break vacay!!! Best Decision ever!

Members don't see this ad :)

Won't be there. There is a chance my parents might come visit during spring break. Besides the fact that it costs $$$$ of which I have none. The cold weather keeps freezing my money tree.

Today's been great so far. It was like 67 degrees out, so I went out an did a 5.3 mile run and then treated myself to a free Dunkin Donuts Iced Coffee since the Eagles won last night. I get free dinner tonight from a wet lab and have all but one study guide done for my exam on Friday.

Got called in for an emergency today but it was in the early afternoon, was fairly straight-forward and I had a great time talking with the on-call vet to and from the farm. Much better than just sitting in my PJs all day, truth be told :)

ROCKED my research presentation today :D

Today's been great so far. It was like 67 degrees out, so I went out an did a 5.3 mile run and then treated myself to a free Dunkin Donuts Iced Coffee since the Eagles won last night. I get free dinner tonight from a wet lab and have all but one study guide done for my exam on Friday.
That awkward moment when it's 30 degrees warmer in Philly than in Missouri...

Just registered!! Maybe I'll see you there!

Soooooo.. I went to an informational session and I might be going to Dublin for a minimester in May! The professor was super nice and helpful and really encouraging. Let's see if I can pull this off! :D

Soooooo.. I went to an informational session and I might be going to Dublin for a minimester in May! The professor was super nice and helpful and really encouraging. Let's see if I can pull this off! :D
Do it!! I went through Dublin for a maymester horse industry trip, best time of my life! If you're staying in hostels I definitely suggest Barnacles. Right in the middle of Temple Bar, just a few blocks from the shopping centers.

Found out who my rotation mates are for my Soft Tissue rotation during early entry. I don't know one of them, but I'm happy with the other two and since they're 4th years, I'm hoping they'll be willing to show me the ropes a little.

The leftover oreo cake someone left in the office at work to share!

I landed a weekend position at a local camp helping run the equine trail rides!
And in a couple of weeks, my dad is going to help me fix my car for a third of the mechanic's estimated price.

Last night, mere moments after getting home after a trying day (locked keys in car, forgot take home final at home, etc and so on) my sister calls me and, without a hi how are you, says "If you leave now you'll only miss the opening act." Her friends had bailed on her for an Ingrid Michaelson concert about an hour and a half drive away from where I live. So I thought about it for about 5 seconds and then said, "I'm in." :)

I may have spent a ridiculous amount of time driving yesterday and been up far later than I should have been, but it was such a good concert and great to spend some time with my sis.

Had a pretty crappy week. But today we had our palpation exams and I made a 100%! That felt good. We also have some fun activities planned for the weekend before we start really hitting the books for finals...which are 2 weeks from today. TWO WEEKS. Where did the time go?!

Made my first A on an exam (Histo lab)! This semester has been such a struggle with tests so I am thrilled!

Classmates + cider + junk food + Cards Against Humanity = a much needed evening to forget about residency apps and NAVLE and having to be an adult soon.

Done with finals for the semester! :soexcited:

Just finished installing a perch for my cat to watch out the window, now watching Elf and cleaning the disaster of a house I currently have. So much happier than six hours ago... :D

This is going to be really nerdy, but...

I found a physaloptera egg yesterday on a routine fecal. I have never seen one outside of parasit lab before.

I also did a 7 minute dog neuter and a 17 minute dog spay today.

Just grateful things are going well today

Reactions: 8 users
I spent my morning wrangling trumpeter swans and trying to figure out how the heck you give a turtle eye drops when it keeps pulling it's head inside its shell deeper than I thought possible. Then I spent my evening going with one of the vets from school to do an inspection on some circus animals that just came to town. My thoughts on circuses aside, since its thanksgiving I'd like to say that I'm thankful for all the awesome stuff I get to do on a pretty regular basis and all the people willing to teach me new things. Plus, since we got to the circus early, we sat around for fifteen minutes and this guy from the circus was setting up some sort of electrical wiring in front of us pretty much the entire time. At first glance I thought he looked attractive but kind of small and scrawny, but then oh my god the muscles the were bursting through that skin tight under armor shirt he was wearing... it was almost more exciting than the elephants.

I spent my morning wrangling trumpeter swans and trying to figure out how the heck you give a turtle eye drops when it keeps pulling it's head inside its shell deeper than I thought possible. Then I spent my evening going with one of the vets from school to do an inspection on some circus animals that just came to town. My thoughts on circuses aside, since its thanksgiving I'd like to say that I'm thankful for all the awesome stuff I get to do on a pretty regular basis and all the people willing to teach me new things. Plus, since we got to the circus early, we sat around for fifteen minutes and this guy from the circus was setting up some sort of electrical wiring in front of us pretty much the entire time. At first glance I thought he looked attractive but kind of small and scrawny, but then oh my god the muscles the were bursting through that skin tight under armor shirt he was wearing... it was almost more exciting than the elephants.
As someone who spends a good bit of time at our circus studio... mmmm circus men. It's almost all bodyweight exercise so they never get huge, but SO freaking strong.

Aerial straps videos are my pick-me-up in that regard.

We adopted a new cat yesterday. He was rescued from a hoarding situation a couple months ago and was featured in the paper about a week ago. Step-Dad alerted me to his existence, and I'd been toying with adding a cat for awhile, and this pretty much set it. He's an 8 month old male neutered DSH, and he's got almost the exact same markings as my girl Kuromi; all black with a little white spot on the chest and another one between the hind legs. We've named him Loki, and he's a little shy but settling in really well.

Major win for today. Went dress shopping for our End of Core celebration in two weeks and fell in love with a dress that didn't quite fit. The boutique said that was the only size they had and couldn't order it. So I took a picture of the tag and searched on line and found the dress at a huge discount. Normally it goes for $220 but I got it for under $90!!

Lost 15 pounds!!!

P.S. It's been super difficult for me to lose weight. My headaches get worse with basically any kind of exercise and the medication I'm on made me gain 40 pounds. Major victory for me. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Hubby just got a job offer that is an $18k raise over where he's at now!

Reactions: 7 users
Survived my first dropped pedicle during a spay, and managed to impress my boss when I didn't instantly freak out. Whew!

Reactions: 5 users
Nothing like wine, the sea, the stars, and some good friends to end a night of studying Histology! :)

You know those Victoria's Secret secret rewards cards? Mine has $500 on it :eek: