Shark WWeek Signups and GAME thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'd be surprised if there was no way to convert in the game. At this point I think we're either looking for a convert or an original wolf who was seered while being protected.

Anyway. I voted for STL because of lingering suspicion over her claimed role (PM interception seems like a wolf ability to me) and the info she provided/way she provided it (with the PMs that are quoted below [first one 'altered names to protect players' then second a bit later in that same cycle names those players], the protection needed/not needed thing, etc).

But if you think she's truly a shark, and we can trust her information, then I have a question: Do we think that there really is a "measly villager with no role" in the game? I would say there isn't one. Granted, that is based on what I've gleaned from the thread, but I think it's a reasonable conclusion. All the sharks who have died (save jamr0ckin, the whitetip reef shark) have been named with an ability. I don't think it's too much of a stretch to infer that she was the 'good friend' that VetAsh (the blacktip reef shark) could PM with.

So... how much do we really know about LIS.
Gender mix ups always make me giggle... STL is a dude. While his role could be a wolfy one, I haven't found him to be behaving in a wolfy way in PMs or otherwise.

Also, I see no reason to be suspicious of LIS solely for the fact that he has a role with no ability. It is not uncommon for there to be a vanilla villager (or several) in games. I doubt he would have been trusted by so many sources of information if he wasn't looked into early in the game.

Of course that doesn't address conversions.

Personally my suspicions lie with you and FFM

Why am I suspicious? I can PM with someone each night.

Who wants a PM tonight?

Members don't see this ad :)
Given FFM's role reveal, and the fact that cuit, who has barely contributed in the latter half of the game is all of a sudden throwing blame whatever which way, I will ******unlynch the flimsy man and lynch cuit******
Also I am in fact a male as was previously stated by WZ

I don't think STL is a wolf. He has been very helpful to the villagers throughout the game. I agree cuit's posting was surprising.. ***lynch cuit**** for now
LIS is another iffy one

And I don't trust MJ. Just throwing my suspicions out there

The gender conversion wasn't intentional, STL.

I have been busy with life things. I'm not "all of a sudden throwing blame whatever which way." I've voiced suspicion of STL and voted for him in the past. I would have voted for him more in the past few cycles, but you know, there were confirmed wolves to lynch.

Anyway. I was trying to generate discussion on things I found suspicious after going back through the thread (which is my sole source of information) in my last post. I had initially ignored STL's information because it seemed suspect and decided to re-examine it with the mindset that it was valid. With those conclusions, I wanted to know what information we really had about LIS so I could have more hopefully solid information to pick the correct mindset (STL's information is valid vs. it is not).

(And, if you take the mindset of it's valid -- it's kind of odd that a villager who 'knows a little about a lot of people' would still be alive at this point in the game. Not unprecedented, but odd)

I'm a tiger shark. Lynching me won't net you a wolf but it will probably get you 2 dead villagers... someone goes with me when I die, doubt mods would make it a wolf.

Going to stick with my vote.

Given FFM's role reveal, and the fact that cuit, who has barely contributed in the latter half of the game is all of a sudden throwing blame whatever which way, I will ******unlynch the flimsy man and lynch cuit******
Also I am in fact a male as was previously stated by WZ

Let's Go Sharks!!! You can do iiiiiitttt!!!
c9a8564e4fc658274c2c02c727e7a0d9.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Unofficial tally:
Cuit 4 (WZ, STL, MJ, swings)
STL 2 (Cuit, kaydubs)

Members don't see this ad :)
The gender conversion wasn't intentional, STL.

I have been busy with life things. I'm not "all of a sudden throwing blame whatever which way." I've voiced suspicion of STL and voted for him in the past. I would have voted for him more in the past few cycles, but you know, there were confirmed wolves to lynch.

Anyway. I was trying to generate discussion on things I found suspicious after going back through the thread (which is my sole source of information) in my last post. I had initially ignored STL's information because it seemed suspect and decided to re-examine it with the mindset that it was valid. With those conclusions, I wanted to know what information we really had about LIS so I could have more hopefully solid information to pick the correct mindset (STL's information is valid vs. it is not).

(And, if you take the mindset of it's valid -- it's kind of odd that a villager who 'knows a little about a lot of people' would still be alive at this point in the game. Not unprecedented, but odd)

I'm a tiger shark. Lynching me won't net you a wolf but it will probably get you 2 dead villagers... someone goes with me when I die, doubt mods would make it a wolf.

Going to stick with my vote.
From the few games I've seen, when villagers take a player down with them it is a defense against nightkills, not lynches. A player that kills after being lynched sounds wolfy to me.

Reactions: 1 users
I was going to say the same thing. There have been some potentially ambiguous abilities, but one that, as you are portraying it, could only hurt the village does not sound like a villager role to me...

From the few games I've seen, when villagers take a player down with them it is a defense against nightkills, not lynches. A player that kills after being lynched sounds wolfy to me.
:smack: I interpreted it as a random player would also die if I was killed overnight or if I was lynched (what I said above - someone goes with me when I die - was the extent of my role description). It... honestly didn't occur to me that I may simply take down my attacker if killed overnight.

I apparently can't brain today. Or back when I got the role PM.

I'm just going to stop defending myself since I'm apparently just digging my own grave. You'll see that I'm a villager soon enough.

:smack: I interpreted it as a random player would also die if I was killed overnight or if I was lynched (what I said above - someone goes with me when I die - was the extent of my role description). It... honestly didn't occur to me that I may simply take down my attacker if killed overnight.

I apparently can't brain today. Or back when I got the role PM.
Care to tell us what it said exactly? In dvmd'a wording.

Willow's video won't play for me :( and I'm at a loss this lynch round....
The video was being weird this time. Here's the link if that makes it work any better:

Edit: It keeps automatically embedding the video instead of putting the link there. Let's try this - just copy the two halves of the link and put them together.
https://www.youtube.com/
watch?v=Za-u9xy1Z3c&list=UUadda0QcDeRIo_gu5-FiG0Q

Sorry, mods, I hit edit on my post without thinking since I'm not playing the game and just sharing a video. The only thing I changed was removing the embedded video and replacing it with the link. Please don't mod-rez me just to mod-kill me for editing a post. ;)

As the sharks swarm around Cuit, she lashes back. And takes Swingnsave with her. Dead are Cuitl, Tiger Shark who would take someone with her, and Swingnsave, The Cobblers Wobbegong Shark who could make other players post as she desired.

Player list
Arctic Ocean

1. Kaydubs - Great White Shark
2. Lupin - Common Sawshark
3. LIS
4. devyn - polar bear
5. nohika- Basking Shark
6. Mad Jack

Pacific Ocean
1. FS - Dolphin
2. hedgie
3. Orca2011 - Hammerhead Shark
4. cuitlamiztli - Tiger Shark

5. Kpowell - Sand Tiger Shark

Atlantic Ocean
1. cocoa - Whale shark
2. Gwen- Thresher Shark
3. swings - Cobblers Wobbegong Shark

4. VetAsh - Blacktip Reef Shark

Indian Ocean
1. Jamr0ckin - Whitetip Reef Shark
2. FFM
3. Cyndia - Sea Turtle
4. BI - Dogfish

Southern Ocean
1. WildZoo
2. SummerTheLynx
3. WillowLeaf - Female Lawyer (but not a lawyer role)
5. Resolute Mike - The Leopard shark

Night Deadline? Lets go til 1 pm. I have most PMs in already.

Nobody dies!

Player list
Arctic Ocean

1. Kaydubs - Great White Shark
2. Lupin - Common Sawshark
3. LIS
4. devyn - polar bear
5. nohika- Basking Shark
6. Mad Jack

Pacific Ocean
1. FS - Dolphin
2. hedgie
3. Orca2011 - Hammerhead Shark
4. cuitlamiztli - Tiger Shark
5. Kpowell - Sand Tiger Shark

Atlantic Ocean
1. cocoa - Whale shark
2. Gwen- Thresher Shark
3. swings - Cobblers Wobbegong Shark
4. VetAsh - Blacktip Reef Shark

Indian Ocean
1. Jamr0ckin - Whitetip Reef Shark
2. FFM
3. Cyndia - Sea Turtle
4. BI - Dogfish

Southern Ocean
1. WildZoo
2. SummerTheLynx
3. WillowLeaf - Female Lawyer (but not a lawyer role)
5. Resolute Mike - The Leopard shark

Lynch deadline 10 pm eastern

FFM proved his role last night, I intercepted his message. And yes, I do agree FFM on both counts, but I am inclined to start here.

*****lynch hedgie*****

Lynch hedgie

From what I know, kaydubs is legit, and STL is very likely legit. I have no feels about WZ, LIS, or hedgie. The ability to send messages is probably a villager role, but could be a wolf role- I'm more inclined to believe FFM is a villager though. I'm picking hedgie simply because every time I don't, she ends up being a sleeper wolf.

### lynch hedgie ###

I guess I can get on board. She has been quieter than usual.

lynch WZ, I've been busy with orientation stuff and driving back and forth from omaha to ames. I'm the protector. I've been protecting kaydubs pretty much every night since she was resurrected.

What's going on here guise?

Someone tag me when the next game sign ups start, I may be able to give it a shot

Reactions: 2 users
Unlynch hedgie

Gorrammit. That kind of puts some doubts in regard to STL back on the table. I'm also kind of suspicious of LIS- what do we know about his role? Supposedly WZ was legit earlier in the game though, her role isn't wolfy.

Ugh, well there goes that train pf thought then.... I guess I will go with the other thing that FFM suggested
******unlynch hedgie, lynch MJ

Guess I could brain after all. C'mon, sharks... you can do this!

players are struggling to finish up the game. mod is struggling alone to run it ;)
I can help with lynch tallies if you'd like :)

I'm a goblin shark. I'm a villager that has the exact same ability as Cyndia- death avoidance x3, hence why I was pretty certain that another lynch would kill her. I also went out of my way to take down Cyndia and WL if you read back in the thread.

Logically, there's no way in hell a mod would give two wolves triple death avoidance, that'd be way too OP- without an assassin that's 8 lynch cycles to take out two wolves.

I'm a goblin shark. I'm a villager that has the exact same ability as Cyndia- death avoidance x3, hence why I was pretty certain that another lynch would kill her. I also went out of my way to take down Cyndia and WL if you read back in the thread.

Logically, there's no way in hell a mod would give two wolves triple death avoidance, that'd be way too OP- without an assassin that's 8 lynch cycles to take out two wolves.

So if we try to lynch you, you won't die?

So if we try to lynch you, you won't die?
Yep. Most likely, anyways. These nights with no kills could be a result of the wolves trying to kill me, as I don't know if I get notified if an attempt on my life is made. So I guess there's a chance I'm running out of "lives," as it were, and am just unaware.

I've got to go with Lynch STL. His role is the one that makes the least sense at the moment. Kaydubs has looked into basically everyone else from what I gather, so he's the most likely candidate for an original wolf out of what we've got left.

Where has LIS been? He seems to have dropped off the face of the Earth.

I'm wondering if we're just looking for conversions at this point, which means roles may not mean a thing. In which case I have no idea what to do...

Lynch LIS I guess

GO SHARKS!!!!

Unofficial lynch tally:
hedgie 1 (FFM)
WZ 1 (hedgie)
MJ 1 (STL)
STL 1 (MJ)
LIS 1 (WZ)

Unofficial lynch tally:
hedgie 1 (FFM)
WZ 1 (hedgie)
MJ 1 (STL)
STL 1 (MJ)
LIS 1 (WZ)

Glad to see things running smoothly without me around. 5 way tie, lynch em all! Ffm wins! Unless lis lynches ffm... Then I win?

Ugh...### unlynch hedgie ###
### lynch MJ ###

Maybe we just burn an avoidance.