***The Official COLORADO Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Not yet!

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks for checking! Maybe there is still hope. Congrats to all who got in though!!!!!

It looks like she started calling so late in the day... Maybe they will call more tomorrow??

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Check your aadsas profile. Mine has changed to Offer made.

Nope still says invited for interview. Stink, well there's still a small chance I guess! Hopefully I hear from them in March or April. Does anyone know if they are completely done with interviews? Are they basically just ranking students now?

I don't understand how I can get offers from a handful of schools, but I still have yet to hear from CU (my state school). What is the deal???

Reactions: 1 users
I don't understand how I can get offers from a handful of schools, but I still have yet to hear from CU (my state school). What is the deal???

In the same boat as you right now and it's ridiculous

Yeah same boat. To be honest I would drope the other schools in a heart beat if it meant I could go to my state school.

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree with both of you. I have an Army scholarship and money doesn't matter for me, and I STILL consider it my top choice. Yet I have heard nothing. I know I shouldn't complain since I have offers, but wtf?? How can I get into a state school for a state I have never been to yet not hear from CU. What did I do wrong?!:confused:

I'm about to call her right now and ask what's up

I'm about to call her right now and ask what's up
I am at work but I am gonna try to call in a bit too... I need to plan my life. I have gotten so many grey hairs during this process... LOL. This waiting is just too stressful.

I am at work but I am gonna try to call in a bit too... I need to plan my life. I have gotten so many grey hairs during this process... LOL. This waiting is just too stressful.

Haha I hear yah! It really is so stressful! Well let me know what she says. I'm at work as well and won't be able to call till tomorrow morning when she will be in office.

Probably best for us not to all blow up her phone in the same 30 minutes haha. @MFang93 let us know what she says!

So I just got off the phone with her and this is what she said:

1. If you didn't get a call yet, you will not be getting a call this February, meaning we are still in consideration for the next wave, which will be mid March I believe. (If not then the last one is mid April)

2. Most of the people who got calls December 1 confirmed, so it's safe to say the class is at least half full right now. I'm guessing this round was for a quarter of the class or so (total guess)

3. She didn't say this but based on my own speculation I'm guessing that 10 or so people who have confirmed their seat in the same way that I'm holding onto a seat at my other accepted school so I don't think we're out of the chase yet.

Keep faithful fam we'll get it

1. If you didn't get a call yet, you will not be getting a call this February, meaning we are still in consideration for the next wave, which will be mid March I believe. (If not then the last one is mid April)

2. Most of the people who got calls December 1 confirmed, so it's safe to say the class is at least half full right now. I'm guessing this round was for a quarter of the class or so (total guess)

3. She didn't say this but based on my own speculation I'm guessing that 10 or so people who have confirmed their seat in the same way that I'm holding onto a seat at my other accepted school so I don't think we're out of the chase yet.

Thanks for the update! Prayers all around!

So I know this is pure speculation, but in terms of the numbers I think it is safe to say: 25 (about half IS acceptances) went out on Dec 1 and most accepted. Lets say 25 to keep it easier. Then they just sent out 12 invites. So mid-march there will be about 12 more (give or take)? Meh. I don't like those odds, especially since I interview in September;(

So I know this is pure speculation, but in terms of the numbers I think it is safe to say: 25 (about half IS acceptances) went out on Dec 1 and most accepted. Lets say 25 to keep it easier. Then they just sent out 12 invites. So mid-march there will be about 12 more (give or take)? Meh. I don't like those odds, especially since I interview in September;(

Are they required to save half their class spots for out of staters though?

So is it safe to say they will no longer be giving out interviews?

When I interviewed they said that they generally have 50ish spots for instate. Maybe that is lower now. Who knows.

The worst part of all of this is I am working full-time and taking two classes that ONLY CU requires. I am slaving away for seemingly nothing. ugh

I didn't ask her that but because there's a full month between now and the next round of acceptances, I wouldn't be surprised if there's still a chance

I can't believe we have to wait at least a whole month to hear from them....Thanks for calling though MFang93!

When I interviewed they said that they generally have 50ish spots for instate. Maybe that is lower now. Who knows.

The worst part of all of this is I am working full-time and taking two classes that ONLY CU requires. I am slaving away for seemingly nothing. ugh
Oh that sucks, what classes are they?

Oh that sucks, what classes are they?

Anatomy and physiology. That is probably the one thing holding me back, since no other schools requires me to take them (and it shows since I've been accepted at other places). It stinks to pour so much money and time into something that might not even help me in terms of CU. The unfortunate thing is, these classes don't end until the end of March, so the final decisions will have already been made (at least for the most part).

Colorado didn't require an anatomy/phys class do they? I never took one and there wasn't a problem with my prerequisites that I knownof

Me too! I've got accepted and I only took A&P I ...its not required, but recommend to take

Colorado didn't require an anatomy/phys class do they? I never took one and there wasn't a problem with my prerequisites that I knownof

Well I sent in my transcript and they advised that I take Microbio and 2 additional upper division science courses. I should add I was a molecular bio major, so it isn't like I had a shortage of science in undergrad...

Well I sent in my transcript and they advised that I take Microbio and 2 additional upper division science courses. I should add I was a molecular bio major, so it isn't like I had a shortage of science in undergrad...
Well now I feel entirely unqualified haha I fortunately did well enough on my DAT to get considered

They are required to have 65% of the class in-state from what I recall. So 52 minimum...... hopefully they take more of us in-staters!!!!! :thumbup::nod::thumbup:

Reactions: 4 users
:happy: For any of the In-state people who are from the Springs area, if we get in, first round is on me!!

Ill go ahead and extend that offer to any In-state people!! It'll be so much cheaper in-state that I'll be able to afford a few rounds!!!:claps:

Last edited:

No, they're still giving out interviews. I just received an interview invite today for February 20 or 23, which I'm going to decline because I've already gotten into my state school. Only wished I'd gotten this interview invite in the fall because I'd love to visit Colorado and see the campus.

Reactions: 2 users
So there was another round of interviews last Friday and yesterday, correct? Are those the only interviews until the next meeting?

I was wondering this too. I know since the last round of acceptances, there were interviews last Friday (2/20) and the Friday before (2/13), and and the next round of acceptances is mid-March, not sure if there are more before then. There were interviews yesterday, Monday 2/23 as well?

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if CU is still conducting interviews? I am instate and have yet to hear anything. Any information would be great!

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if CU is still conducting interviews? I am instate and have yet to hear anything. Any information would be great!

I've heard that they conduct interviews through March, but I don't know 100%. It makes sense that if they're going to give out offers mid March, and then again in April, that they might have some more interviews at the end of March. Or maybe after they give out offers in March and get their responses back, maybe they just reevaluate and rank everyone they've currently interviewed. Sorry - I know this doesn't help much. CU's admissions process has my brain completely scattered ha.

I've heard that they conduct interviews through March, but I don't know 100%. It makes sense that if they're going to give out offers mid March, and then again in April, that they might have some more interviews at the end of March. Or maybe after they give out offers in March and get their responses back, maybe they just reevaluate and rank everyone they've currently interviewed. Sorry - I know this doesn't help much. CU's admissions process has my brain completely scattered ha.

CU's admissions has me a bit scattered brain as well, thank you so much for the clarification! :)

As far as I understand they are interviewing till end of march and they are working to fill out all the spots in april. Good luck to you guys still waiting ...hope to see you in august :)

Reactions: 2 users