*** The Official LECOM Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

I am giving up :( I better start studying for the DAT AGAIN and reapply again, in case this wait list goes nowhere

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed on 1/28 and my LECOM status is still "Your file is being reviewed by the admissions committee. We will notify you as soon as a decision has been made." Lisa mentioned that our applications would make the decision deadline for Feb. 4th (or tomorrow for the updated timeline). Is this bad news considering that my status has not changed on LECOM's portal?

I had a feeling this would happen :(
The waitlist is a joke

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed on 1/28 and my LECOM status is still "Your file is being reviewed by the admissions committee. We will notify you as soon as a decision has been made." Lisa mentioned that our applications would make the decision deadline for Feb. 4th (or tomorrow for the updated timeline). Is this bad news considering that my status has not changed on LECOM's portal?
I interviewed that day too but my LECOM portal changed to getting a letter in the mail within 30 days. I'm not sure what either mean honestly

congrats! has your AADSAS or lecom portal changeD?
Thanks! My LECOM portal says they made a decision and I will receive a letter in 30 days and my AADSAS says I am still under review by their admissions committee. Hope that helps.

Congrats!!! I guess they aren't pulling anyone off the alternate list at this time?

I know there aren't a ton of us on here, but you would think at least one of us from the waitlist would have gotten in. it seems like they keep accepting people from the most recent interviews last round and this one. why don't like they us waitlisters?! lol

They'll fill out the class with as many "new interviewees" as they can and then is that they are going to start picking people from the waitlist.

Members don't see this ad :)
well at least it isn't rejection like I thought... even if i didn't get a spot at the end, it is still better than being rejected! I will start studying for the DAT again anyway!

But I know many people who have been rejected after interview!

Hey I just confirmed with Lisa that yesterday's round of acceptances were from January interviews and the wait list.

Mine doesn't say waitlist and I got no email, does this mean rejection?

i dont think they are going to take anyone from waitlist :(

i didn't ask her that.. but she said there are 90 people on the waitlist..........

I spoke to Lisa on 1/25 and she told me there were 90 people on the waitlist...so that can't be true :(

Well there are 90 on the waitlist for sure, however they sent out some yesterday but they have not all accepted the offer yet so the number is sure to go up. Probably >100 soon.

and also, some of those who were on the waitlist have got accepted...

well at least it isn't rejection like I thought... even if i didn't get a spot at the end, it is still better than being rejected! I will start studying for the DAT again anyway!
Does yours show on aadsas or was it a phone in

Rejected!
3.85/3.81 overall/science GPA, 21/21/18 DAT

I guess I didn't realize I was drooling at my interview!

Rejected!

really? that stats got rejected? woow
what are they looking for then?
so they reject people too

Well they accept and reject based off of background and interview so it could have been many different reasons

So did they actually accept anyone that was already waitlisted? It looks like they only accepted people that recently interviewed

Unreal...90 ppl on the waitlist? Does it even move?

Does yours show on aadsas or was it a phone in

It showed up this morning on the AADSAS, so I called and confirmed that I accepted to be on the waitlist, so it is also now showing on my LECOM portal. Call them if you are still not sure about your decision.

Rejected!

I'm so sorry to hear that. They have definitely lost an excellent candidate!

right now its rolling admissions so they can pull people from it anytime.....but they are still interviewing so I doubt that's going to happen.

anyone that also had an interview with Lecom last year get put on the waitlist ?

Last year, as in last cycle? Yes I did- on the waitlist x2 in a row

for those of you who already interviewed, did you fly into the sarasota airport? I tried to reserve a taxi and they are estimating a $100 charge to drive 7 miles from the airport to the school!!