****The Official Midwestern University-Arizona Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance/Rejection***

I interviewed on Jan 8.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone going to be there for the feb 12 interview? I'm flying in on the 11th and staying until the 13th to check out the area.

Anybody still waiting post interview receive an email titled "Enhance Your Professional Skills"? Promoting their Biomedical Sciences Program. The first paragraph makes me wonder if a rejection is on its way shortly.

"By completing the DAT, you've demonstrated a desire to pursue a career in healthcare as a dentist. Are you looking for a program to help improve your credentials to strengthen your application to a professional program? Perhaps you need another year or two to have time to retake an entrance examination while demonstrating your ability to successfully complete graduate-level coursework. Or, you may want to enhance your learning in the basic sciences and explore an individualized research program. Midwestern University can help you achieve your goals."

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody still waiting post interview receive an email titled "Enhance Your Professional Skills"? Promoting their Biomedical Sciences Program. The first paragraph makes me wonder if a rejection is on its way shortly.

"By completing the DAT, you've demonstrated a desire to pursue a career in healthcare as a dentist. Are you looking for a program to help improve your credentials to strengthen your application to a professional program? Perhaps you need another year or two to have time to retake an entrance examination while demonstrating your ability to successfully complete graduate-level coursework. Or, you may want to enhance your learning in the basic sciences and explore an individualized research program. Midwestern University can help you achieve your goals."

Don't read in to the mail. It was most likely automated to send to a wide pool of recipients. I declined acceptance to MWU-Az in December and just received this email as well.

Reactions: 2 users
Don't read in to the mail. It was most likely automated to send to a wide pool of recipients. I declined acceptance to MWU-Az in December and just received this email as well.

Thanks! You have put my mind at ease!

Reactions: 1 user

I just received the same email. I thought the same thing at first, but it seems a little odd that it's from the College of Health Sciences and mentions both AZ and IL. Seems pretty automated and generic. Not sure if we should be too worried.

Fingers crossed that it's not indicative of anything and those of us waiting receive some good news in the next week or two.

Last edited:

I received this as well and i'm on the alternate list.

I haven't even had my interview there yet and received this today, it's likely an automated email send to everyone on file.

Oh no, I didn't get that email. Is it a bad sign?

Oh no, I didn't get that email. Is it a bad sign?
Who knows? It's probably nothing to fret over.

Was anyone else asked to verify their address and phone number when they logged on to their MWU portal today? It's popped up for me before, about a month ago. Last time (previous page of this thread) it looks like people who had interviewed received notice of being accepted or wait-listed within a day or two of seeing it. Could just be coincidental, however.

Was anyone else asked to verify their address and phone number when they logged on to their MWU portal today? It's popped up for me before, about a month ago. Last time (previous page of this thread) it looks like people who had interviewed received notice of being accepted or wait-listed within a day or two of seeing it. Could just be coincidental, however.

Oh, same thing happened to me today. Hope the good news are on the way!

Doesnt mean anything. I got the pop up too, but I got rejected.

Also, you might not hear anything back if you got rejected. I know I didn't. I called in to check on my status, and they told me I was rejected. Snail mail took about two weeks to come. My aadsas portal was updated much later to rejection too.

Asked to update here as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed here on January 15th and still haven't heard anything.

However, I will say, I was asked if I knew what tenure meant and I said yeah (because I had heard it in undergrad so many times) and then Dr. Zais asked "can you give me a definition?" and I said no. So I will just accept my rejection now.... basically lied to an interviewer and freaked out about it for two weeks. I loved the school though, everything about it was great in my opinion. Except cost, but hey, that's dental school, right?

I interviewed here on January 15th and still haven't heard anything.

However, I will say, I was asked if I knew what tenure meant and I said yeah (because I had heard it in undergrad so many times) and then Dr. Zais asked "can you give me a definition?" and I said no. So I will just accept my rejection now.... basically lied to an interviewer and freaked out about it for two weeks. I loved the school though, everything about it was great in my opinion. Except cost, but hey, that's dental school, right?
Lol at least you got an interview. I applied beginning of august and I still didn't get a interview or get rejected. I guess its a soft rejection w.e. lol.

Called in today and found out that I made the alternate list. Better than a rejection I guess.

Called in today and found out that I made the alternate list. Better than a rejection I guess.
Definitely better that a rejection!

Did you receive any changes to your portal beforehand? My checklist was updated yesterday to include my prerequisites.

Definitely better that a rejection!

Did you receive any changes to your portal beforehand? My checklist was updated yesterday to include my prerequisites.
Exactly that, I called into figure out what was going on with one of my prerequisites and admissions told me.

Exactly that, I called into figure out what was going on with one of my prerequisites and admissions told me.
Gotcha! I got an email response from admissions yesterday morning saying no official decision had been made on my file. The portal change occurred later in the day though. I'm missing a prereq too, but I already knew that after discussing it with the counselor at the end of the interview day.

Just called and found out I was put on the alternate list. Now I wonder when they will start pulling ppl off from the list. This is distressing! More waiting ....

So r they done interviewing lol. I just want my rejection

Anyone else going to be there tomorrow for the Thursday interview? I'm flying in early afternoon

Anyone remember how much tuition will increase each year? Was it 4%?

Anyone remember how much tuition will increase each year? Was it 4%?

The dean said about 5%. This is from their website:

Glendale Tuition and Fees (for academic year 2014-2015)
Please Note: Tuition rates are subject to change each academic year for all enrolled students. Historically, tuition has increased between 4% and 7% annually.

Nobody else has heard anything? I received a letter marked 2/10 notifying me that I'm on the alternate list. Slightly discouraging, but I'm trying to remain positive. I realize SDN represents a small number of applicants, but I wonder if anyone who interviewed in January was accepted.

Anyway, good luck everyone!

Nobody else has heard anything? I received a letter marked 2/10 notifying me that I'm on the alternate list. Slightly discouraging, but I'm trying to remain positive. I realize SDN represents a small number of applicants, but I wonder if anyone who interviewed in January was accepted.

Anyway, good luck everyone!

I interviewed in January. On the alternate list as well.

Anyone know if MWZ-AZ is done with interviews?

I interviewed on the 17th and I heard it might have been their last round.

Just from experience last year. Most Jan. and Feb. interviewees heard back mid March about either being accepted or placed on the wait list. Also interviews usually go until March (however these are usually held for the masters students who currently attend MWU with a couple spots for other applications here and there).

If anyone has any questions let me know!

Good luck everyone still waiting!

I know its tough waiting but keep in mind guys that even though there may not be a lot of movement now, once April 1st comes a lot of students will be forced to choose their first choice. Historically, MWU has been a school where students will forgo due to tuition. Thus there should be a lot of movement come April. Good luck.

Does anybody know how many people are currently on the alternate list? Last time I called (in Jan.) there was 88 people on it

There are currently 188 alternates -

interviewed 2/12/15 and am on the alternate list.

Wow, that's a lot. I am worried... :(

Does anyone know when they start accepting people from the alternate list?

Wow, that's a lot. I am worried... :(

Does anyone know when they start accepting people from the alternate list?

I was told that they don't start pulling off the alternate list until interviews are over. So some time after March.

At least it's not Nova. I hear theyre at 300+ on the waitlist.

At least it's not Roseman. They're at 500+

For those of you on the alternate list, has your portal status in AADSAS changed? Thank you!

interviewed 2/9; in-state
just called, and found out I'm on the alternate list.

For me, my addsas didn't even change to "invite for interview"..

Rejected without an interview :(

Good luck to everyone else applying and waiting. The list on the alternate does move! Don't give up.

Anyone on here on the waitlist for interview? Is it too late for interviews now?