****The Official Midwestern University-Arizona Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance/Rejection***

You're not going to get a call.. This is so weird. I just got an email from Krista Ross congratulating me for getting accepted!!!! I called her office to make sure.

First acceptance after 3 long years!!!!! I have no words!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 9 users
Congrats. Did you confirm with her that you only have 10days to decide?

No I didn't. Midwestern is my top choice so I won't be needing those 10 days :)

Members don't see this ad :)
You're not going to get a call.. This is so weird. I just got an email from Krista Ross congratulating me for getting accepted!!!! I called her office to make sure.

Congrats! Would you mind sharing your stats? Thanks.

I just got the call!!

did your interviewer call you? who did you interview with?

who did you interview with?

Anyone who interviewed before dec 1st and still haven't heard back from the school? I called the office on the first week of dec and the person told me that they will make a decision by the end of the week... And it has been a month, I am still very anxious to hear back from them. Btw, does anyone know if they rejected anyone?

Interviewed with Dr. Zais

No phone call / portal changed showing 1k fee and checklist / email

Stats:

3rd year applying / 1st year applying to Midwestern

Overall GPA: 3.78
BCP: 3.86

18AA / 20TS / 18OC / 20GC / 21BIO / 18RC / 15QR / 23PAT

Reactions: 1 user
no call! but I called them and it is official!
good luck everyone

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewed with Dr. Zais

No phone call / portal changed showing 1k fee and checklist / email

Stats:

3rd year applying / 1st year applying to Midwestern

Overall GPA: 3.78
BCP: 3.86

18AA / 20TS / 18OC / 20GC / 21BIO / 18RC / 15QR / 23PAT
Congrats, again!

Anyone who interviewed before dec 1st and still haven't heard back from the school? I called the office on the first week of dec and the person told me that they will make a decision by the end of the week... And it has been a month, I am still very anxious to hear back from them. Btw, does anyone know if they rejected anyone?
Same here

I also had a pre-Dec interview with no word yet. I called them yesterday and was told "they're still making a decision on your application."

Midwestern supplemental application asked me to verify phone number provider and address but my checklist is the same.. but I didn't get any interview invite. Is this a good news?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know if we will receive an official acceptance letter/packet via snail mail??

Hey everyone! So, my applicant checklist updated to include my pre-req check (I do not have the accepted student checklist). I called admissions and they told me that I was selected as an alternate. I asked if they expect there to be a lot of movement in the list... they told me yes so i shouldn't be too discouraged. Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Nothing is being updated on my MWU portal, which makes me pretty worried at this point. :( I had an interview in late September for reference.

Hey everyone! So, my applicant checklist updated to include my pre-req check (I do not have the accepted student checklist). I called admissions and they told me that I was selected as an alternate. I asked if they expect there to be a lot of movement in the list... they told me yes so i shouldn't be too discouraged. Good luck to everyone!

Just called them, I am an alternate as well! Hope it's a sign!

nothing on portal. no notification. but called to find out i was rejected

Last edited:
Anyone know if we will receive an official acceptance letter/packet via snail mail??
I believe we will receive a letter of acceptance.. or at least that is what the adcom lady said over the phone!
Hope to meet you in August classmate !

Ok good! I'm yet to see anything official from them. The email I received sounded like a follow up email saying "congrats on being accepted to the <<prog>>". Someone was slacking when they forgot to fill in the program name. And I also didn't receive a call :(

Hope to meet you too!

Last edited:
Does anyone know how likely it is for someone to be pulled off the MWU-AZ alternate list? Maybe someone who was pulled off the alternate list last year or years before can shed some light on this? Sorry, i don't want to have a false sense of hope based on what one person in the admissions office said :unsure:

Does anyone know how likely it is for someone to be pulled off the MWU-AZ alternate list? Maybe someone who was pulled off the alternate list last year or years before can shed some light on this? Sorry, i don't want to have a false sense of hope based on what one person in the admissions office said :unsure:

From what I read, it seems people do tend to drop due to COA compared to cheaper options. Could be wrong tho just my speculation.

From what I read, it seems people do tend to drop due to COA compared to cheaper options. Could be wrong tho just my speculation.

Can confirm. Dropped MWU-AZ because it was heaps more expensive than my state school.

Hope my seat goes to someone who deserves it.

Absolutely loved this school, but the COA can't be ignored

Reactions: 4 users
So I emailed them, and asked when will they stop interviewing. They told me that they will be interviewing until May!!! Do u guys think this will really happen!

Getting an interview? Yeah probably.

People are dropping this school like flys.

Reactions: 2 users
So I emailed them, and asked when will they stop interviewing. They told me that they will be interviewing until May!!! Do u guys think this will really happen!

I was placed on the alternate list and they told me on the phone that they stop interviewing in March and start pulling from the alternate list after their last interviews. I will be calling to confirm this next week.

I was placed on the alternate list and they told me on the phone that they stop interviewing in March and start pulling from the alternate list after their last interviews. I will be calling to confirm this next week.
That's exactly what I thought, but they also told me that the class was 50% full, so I really don't know.

Hi everyone! Has anyone from a January interview heard anything back? Is there any idea when another round of acceptances will go out?

I interviewed a little earlier this month. At the end of the day the admissions counselor told the 4 of us (very small group that day) that we could expect to hear back sometime next month. I think that's when the admissions committee is meeting again to review files.

I was pretty blown away by this school. The facilities and technology were terrific, and every person we passed on campus, faculty or student, was very friendly and seemed ecstatic to be there. I also liked the way the dean seems to approach education. The interview itself was pretty laid back and short, but it was still my first one so I went in pretty nervous and don't feel like I quite gave the performance I had prepared for. Hoping I didn't botch it up too badly and that the rest of my file is strong enough to make up for it.

Last edited:
I interviewed a little earlier this month. At the end of the day the admissions counselor told the 4 of us (very small group that day) that we could expect to hear back sometime next month. I think that's when the admissions committee is meeting again to review files.

I was pretty blown away by this school. The facilities and technology were terrific, and every person we passed on campus, faculty or student, was very friendly and seemed ecstatic to be there. I also liked the way the dean seems to approach education. The interview interview itself was pretty laid back and short, but it was still my first one so I went in pretty nervous and don't feel like I quite gave the performance I had prepared for. Hoping I didn't botch it up too badly and that the rest of my file is strong enough to make up for it.
Dude, I thought I did terrible in the interview, but I got in. Good luck, hoping for good news for all of you waiting to hear back!

Dude, I thought I did terrible in the interview, but I got in. Good luck, hoping for good news for all of you waiting to hear back!

Same here dude. Pretty sure my interviewer hated me.

Still got in...

Man, I wish I am as lucky as you are.

It's not luck. It didnt make any sense.

Hell, the same dude sounded pissed off whenever he called me about my acceptance.

How long did it take to hear back after your interview?

Interview: Dec 16
Acceptance: Jan 6

So it seems like about 3 to 4 weeks. Guess I have to suffer for a few more weeks. Thanks for the info!

Hey guys I'm a current D1 here, please pm me if you have any questions about the school or first year or if you would like advice if you're coming here next year! :) it really is the most amazing school!

Has anyone from January interview heard back from the school?