*** The Official Nova Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Have they started contacting waitlisted people for acceptances yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've run out of time and I had to put down a deposit on another school :(( I just don't understand why those of us who interviewed around the end of nov haven't been able to get any info. feeling a little disheartened at the moment, but i guess that is life.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone from the Dec. round of interviews hear anything?

I Interviewed there the first week of December and nothing. I wonder if any post-december interviewers got in..

I also interviewed early December and haven't heard anything.

I interviewed at NOVA December 11th, and was hoping to hear back today :( hope they are still deciding our fates as opposed to having a wait-list or rejection letter coming my way via snail mail.

got a rejection letter in the mail today dated jan 3 :( interviewed late nov.

Best of luck to the rest of you

got a rejection letter in the mail today dated jan 3 :( interviewed late nov.

Best of luck to the rest of you

I also had the interview late nov.
I am so sad to hear that.
Do you have other schools waiting?

Last edited:
Does anyone have any idea of how many people are currently on the waitlist? Thanks in advance!

I'm really afraid to check the mail now :(

Reactions: 1 users
If you live closer to FL than me (im in California) then you should have gotten a rejection already if they were to reject you. So just be happy that you havent received anything :)

Members don't see this ad :)
@sam2c
I hope eventually you'll get accepted somewhere else.You have any idea why they rejected you? I mean anything went wrong in your interview?

I'm really afraid to check the mail now :(

Checking the mail today was one of the scariest things I've ever had to do... Thank god there where no rejection letters in there. So fingers still corssed

Reactions: 1 users
@sam2c
I hope eventually you'll get accepted somewhere else.You have any idea why they rejected you? I mean anything went wrong in your interview?

Thanks you, I hope so too. The interview went well as far as I could tell. But during the interview, I was asked how many other interviews I've received. I answered truthfully and said this was the only one thus far. The interviewer asked me if I wanted his opinion as to why I'm not getting more interviews. And of course I did. He said I need to get my masters if I don't get accepted this cycle. Even though my GPA is very high and I did well on my DATs, I in my early 30s and I
took my pre-reqs at a CC. My B.S is from 2005. I guess I have to prove to them that I still got it.

It was my second time interviewing there too....very bummed out by the rejection

I also got the rejection letter. I so sad but I am happy that I can concentrate something else in my life.

So apparently they sent out the rejection letters. Where are you located?

My AADSAS was updated to waitlisted. I interviewed there in December.

Anyone else?

My AADSAS was updated to waitlisted. I interviewed there in December.

Anyone else?

I'm sorry to hear that, I'm sure you'll get off that list before you know it. As for me NOVA doesn't show up on my AADSAS school decision list so I'm not sure but I never received the call so I'm assuming I'm in the same boat as you.

Interviewed early December and was waitlisted. :( dang

I'm sorry to hear that, I'm sure you'll get off that list before you know it. As for me NOVA doesn't show up on my AADSAS school decision list so I'm not sure but I never received the call so I'm assuming I'm in the same boat as you.
nothing shows up on my aadsas either... its a little frustrating

Reactions: 1 user
I'm starting to think Dec. interviews = rejection / waitlist but no acceptances.

I'm sorry to hear about all the wait-lists, I'm also starting to think they have possibly filled there class already. For those of you who got wait listed did you find out from AADSAS? Because I just checked my mail and I still have nothing from nova and and nova doesn't show up in my AADSAS portal either.

At some point after december 2nd, the assistant director of student services sent an email to all of those who were accepted and did not BBC, so you could basically see who was accepted, and how many. I didn't really count but it seems there was about 200 email addresses, which means the class may be full. I might be wrong though. Also keep in mind that a lot of people are withdrawing from Nova.

At some point after december 2nd, the assistant director of student services sent an email to all of those who were accepted and did not BBC, so you could basically see who was accepted, and how many. I didn't really count but it seems there was about 200 email addresses, which means the class may be full. I might be wrong though. Also keep in mind that a lot of people are withdrawing from Nova.

Yup! It was I think 211 people. But I'm sure a lot of people are withdrawing or waiting on other schools to make a final decision. So wait listers, dont lose hope! Things change and you might see movement later on in the semester. Maybe in April when second deposits are due and other people have made their final decisions.

Holy crap 211 acceptances sent out in december for 120 spots? So they never really had any spots reaerved for post-dec interviewers....sigh

Yup! It was I think 211 people. But I'm sure a lot of people are withdrawing or waiting on other schools to make a final decision. So wait listers, dont lose hope! Things change and you might see movement later on in the semester. Maybe in April when second deposits are due and other people have made their final decisions.

Holy crap 211 acceptances sent out in december for 120 spots? So they never really had any spots reaerved for post-dec interviewers....sigh

All or most schools overfill this way. They know that applicants have more than one choice in schools! I'd remain optimistic if I were you. A lot of the current students didnt get in until later in the spring.

Thanks you, I hope so too. The interview went well as far as I could tell. But during the interview, I was asked how many other interviews I've received. I answered truthfully and said this was the only one thus far. The interviewer asked me if I wanted his opinion as to why I'm not getting more interviews. And of course I did. He said I need to get my masters if I don't get accepted this cycle. Even though my GPA is very high and I did well on my DATs, I in my early 30s and I
took my pre-reqs at a CC. My B.S is from 2005. I guess I have to prove to them that I still got it.

It was my second time interviewing there too....very bummed out by the rejection

Hey, I remember you, we interviewed on the same day (20th i believe?) You were the guy who flew in, interviewed and flew right back out to cali right? I'm really sorry about the rejection- i think it's really bad form for them to make you fly out for an interview a second time and not even give you a spot on the wait list. I mean, you obviously had the credentials to get a second interview, so the fact that they found a reason to turn you away seems completely arbitrary to me.

Hey, I remember you, we interviewed on the same day (20th i believe?) You were the guy who flew in, interviewed and flew right back out to cali right? I'm really sorry about the rejection- i think it's really bad form for them to make you fly out for an interview a second time and not even give you a spot on the wait list. I mean, you obviously had the credentials to get a second interview, so the fact that they found a reason to turn you away seems completely arbitrary to me.

Yup, that was me :)

Its all part of the game I guess. I was very disappointed with the rejection, but I cant hate on them. If someone comes along with better credentials, they will take him or her over me, regardless of it being my second time flying there. Sympathy is not something I expect to see from dental schools in these situations.
I see that you got an acceptance already from another school. I wish you the best of luck, where ever you end up

For those of you who interviewed in December, you will most likely get waitlisted. I interviewed on October and am still waitlisted.

If you have nothing in your aadsas portal, that could mean a rejection.

Hey guys I talked to Dr. Lippman last week. Acceptances were sent out 2 days ago. No notifications via adea were made. I was on wait list and was persistent with calls. I was made an offer on the spot over the phone when I was inquiring about my wait list position. I have yet to receive my offer packet, but it should be arriving today or tomorrow.

I can officially say that I will be apart of the 2018 class! Woot woot!

Reactions: 5 users
May I ask who were you calling? Dr. Lippman or the admission office.

Hey guys I talked to Dr. Lippman last week. Acceptances were sent out 2 days ago. No notifications via adea were made. I was on wait list and was persistent with calls. I was made an offer on the spot over the phone when I was inquiring about my wait list position. I have yet to receive my offer packet, but it should be arriving today or tomorrow.

Congrats. When was your interview? ??

Last edited:

that's wonderful. I also remember that during my interview, we were told to call them to show interest if we were waitlisted. It will definitely help. I personally already got into my state school so I won't be doing that.

good luck everyone

I got a letter on the mail saying I was placed on the "High Hold" list.

Joining the fray....Interviewed Dec 11th. Just got the letter (dated Jan 9th). I am assuming Hold means waitlisted...?

Last edited:
I received a letter yesterday saying my application was withdrawn since I cancelled my interview. Good luck everyone