*** The Official Nova Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Hello~ I have a question about sending an update letter. I sent it directly to Ms. Zarrett's email but when I checked with NSU admission office they said it is not in the file yet. Is there other email where I can send it? or should I just wait? I have been calling Ms. Zarrett's for two weeks now but now answer... Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hello~ I have a question about sending an update letter. I sent it directly to Ms. Zarrett's email but when I checked with NSU admission office they said it is not in the file yet. Is there other email where I can send it? or should I just wait? I have been calling Ms. Zarrett's for two weeks now but now answer... Thanks
Can i ask what is an update letter?

Can i ask what is an update letter?

Basically you tell them anything new/good things that you have done/achieved since the interview. For example, you made all As in the fall 2013 semester, retook DAT, or more shadowing etc anyhing thats new.

Members don't see this ad :)
Basically you tell them anything new/good things that you have done/achieved since the interview. For example, you made all As in the fall 2013 semester, retook DAT, or more shadowing etc anyhing thats new.
Oh thank you.

Anyone know if there has been any recent wait list movement?

Do you guys have Nova on your aadsas status page? I was invited for interview but nova never came up on the page

Do you guys have Nova on your aadsas status page? I was invited for interview but nova never came up on the page
Nova hadnt appeared on aadsas until i was waitlisted at nova

Reactions: 1 user
Can y'all provide any help to me guys? ^ thanks

Can y'all provide any help to me guys? ^ thanks
I also had to decide between BU and Nova. I decided to go with Nova because I'm from Miami, and I want to stay close to my family. However, I really loved BU, I hate cold, but that would have been my second choice after Nova. It really depends on what you want. I didn't feel the clinics at BU were "better" than at Nova, students seemed to be happy at both. One of the D4 that toured us was from Miami and decided on BU because he had not gotten in Nova.

For those that are interviewed after dec 2nd, if we are not accepted then we are waitlisted, or there are rejections also?....

There are rejections also but if you haven't heard anything yet then they are still reviewing ur file

Members don't see this ad :)
I am also wait listed, I interviewed at NOVA dec. 11th

I saw in previous posts in THIS YEAR THREAD, they argued that there is no such thing as HIGH HOLD OR LOW HOLD waitlist.
However, i saw one post 4 yrs ago, that someone said he received a LOW HOLD LETTER.
Can anyone answer me this question, i started to get confused again

Here the quote
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/waitlisted-at-nova.778789/
As I said earlier in this thread there is only "high hold" and nothing else. Everyone wait listed were told they were high hold. Su-AnnZarrett told me herself.

Got the call this afternoon. Accepted off the waitlist!

Reactions: 3 users
Did anyone from jan interview get accepted? We are supposed to hear back this week!

My interview was November 20th. I talked to Dr. Lippman and sent letters of intent to Dr. Lippman and su-ann zarret

Can anybody comment on the clinical education at Nova? Does Nova still have problems with flow of patients?

My interview was November 20th. I talked to Dr. Lippman and sent letters of intent to Dr. Lippman and su-ann zarret
When did you send the letter of intent after or before you were watilisted?

did you also call them often? or you just sent letters of intent?

Can anybody comment on the clinical education at Nova? Does Nova still have problems with flow of patients?
I would really like to know what the situation is with this too. Does anyone who interviewed and toured have any recent information from any of the present students? Thanks.

Got the acceptance phone call this morning at 10am!!! :soexcited:

I'm extremely happyyyy!!! I can't believe thiss!!

Interviewed there the first week of December and wait listed in January.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Got the acceptance phone call this morning at 10am!!! :soexcited:

I'm extremely happyyyy!!! I can't believe thiss!!

Interviewed there the first week of December and wait listed in January.

Wow your on fire, congrats. I hope I get a call lol

Reactions: 1 users
I think today will be the big day for a lot of us, GL everyone ;)

Reactions: 2 users
Friday deposits were due, lippman told me they were reviewing the list after the 7th so I assumed it meant today. I guess I was wrong everyone sorry

Friday deposits were due, lippman told me they were reviewing the list after the 7th so I assumed it meant today. I guess I was wrong everyone sorry
Possibly anyday this week . Can anyone tell me from now on, how long is the deposit due, like 2 weeks?

He said the same thing to me and said phone calls will maybe go out today. From what I heard from others, it seems like phone calls typically go out on Thursdays and Fridays. I hope this is the week

Possibly anyday this week . Can anyone tell me from now on, how long is the deposit due, like 2 weeks?
I was accepted Feb. 7th and my deposit is due Feb 21th, so yes its 2 weeks to make this deposit.

BTW - once I was accepted my Webstar changed, like the prerequisite section and my AADSAS status never changed. So I would check if there are any changes on your webstar. GL everyonee!

I was accepted Feb. 7th and my deposit is due Feb 21th, so yes its 2 weeks to make this deposit.

BTW - once I was accepted my Webstar changed, like the prerequisite section and my AADSAS status never changed. So I would check if there are any changes on your webstar. GL everyonee!
You are already admitted to 3 or 4 dental schools and one of them is your top choice. That's great, congratulations. But do you really want to make a deposit at Nova too? Let the space gets open for us who are waiting for so long plzzzzzz.. ;)

Hey on webstar how do you know if you have been accepted or not?

Hey on webstar how do you know if you have been accepted or not?
Im not saying that changes on Webstar are an accurate indicator of anyone being accepted but my Webstar now looks like that image on page 6 of this thread

All of you who are hoping to hear of your acceptances - good luck to you all. I assume you all interviewed and met with students? Please does anyone have any updates about the clinical issues at Nova? Is it all ironed out or is it still a mess?

What clinical issues are you referring to? The students who led my group said that they were meeting all requirements, and in fact exceeding them and felt more than ready for boards. I'm no veteran of the admissions process, but I can say most dental students at the schools I interviewed at told me, if you are diligent and work hard you will meet your requirements and graduate and feel confident as a new dentist. Some schools may hold your hand a bit more than others, but again the seniors who led my group at Nova Southeastern stated they felt no pressures to meet requirements, and no pressures that they were deficient in any areas. They also stated they did not feel in competition with the residents in the specialty areas for cases. There was enough to go around was a term they used.

What clinical issues are you referring to? The students who led my group said that they were meeting all requirements, and in fact exceeding them and felt more than ready for boards. I'm no veteran of the admissions process, but I can say most dental students at the schools I interviewed at told me, if you are diligent and work hard you will meet your requirements and graduate and feel confident as a new dentist. Some schools may hold your hand a bit more than others, but again the seniors who led my group at Nova Southeastern stated they felt no pressures to meet requirements, and no pressures that they were deficient in any areas. They also stated they did not feel in competition with the residents in the specialty areas for cases. There was enough to go around was a term they used.

I agree, I'm not exactly sure where the rumor about NOVA's clinic began. Possibly in the past but in its current state everything seems to be working in its proper manner

There used to be a problem with 4th years full filling their requirements on time (especially endo) but the issue has been since resolved and everyone seems to be making and exceeding their requirements for graduation. I was definitely iffy about the competition between the pre-doc and post-doc students for cases but no one has had any gripes recently that I have heard of.

Yes the issues I read were about the 4th years not ful filling their requirements due to lack of patients even though there is a wait list for patients which didn't make any sense to the students. Then some posted that patients were diverted from them to other departments. Some had to return another year to finish and another year of tuition is just unfair because they don't have their act together there. It would be real nice to have a Nova student in 3rd or 4th year give us an update.

Yes the issues I read were about the 4th years not ful filling their requirements due to lack of patients even though there is a wait list for patients which didn't make any sense to the students. Then some posted that patients were diverted from them to other departments. Some had to return another year to finish and another year of tuition is just unfair because they don't have their act together there. It would be real nice to have a Nova student in 3rd or 4th year give us an update.

actually they didn't come spend an entire year, they just stayed the summer session.

Thanks for the clarification DentaElle. So it was only for another summer? I wonder what they were charged for that extra summer? So it seems like you know a bit of detail, have you heard if things are better?

Thanks for the clarification DentaElle. So it was only for another summer? I wonder what they were charged for that extra summer? So it seems like you know a bit of detail, have you heard if things are better?

Yes definitely! I'm not sure exactly how they fixed the situation but during my interview there and when I went later to the Ada pre-dental day, they suggested just getting work done during D3 which many students seem to be doing so no one is fighting D4. And Inthink i heard about them improving their screening and clinical set up as to eliminate the unreliable ones and adding another rotation site. I'll try to find out more details on the last one for you.

Reactions: 1 users
Did anybody on the wait list hear anything yet? I'm starting to lose hope and think that all spots are full and we'll have to wait until April now, but who knows