*** The Official Nova Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Did anybody on the wait list hear anything yet? I'm starting to lose hope and think that all spots are full and we'll have to wait until April now, but who knows

I've herd that a round of deposits are due on Monday... But I'm not to sure about that, but hey that might mean there's hope after next Monday so I'll take it.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I was accepted off the waitlist on February 4 and deposits are due by the 18th.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone from the wait list heard anything? This waiting game is killing me:((

Nova faculty posted on the Facebook page that the class for this cycle is currently full.

Damn, Nova was my last chance of getting into dental school. This is horrible.

Damn, Nova was my last chance of getting into dental school. This is horrible.

It's horrible for a lot of us, but for sure more spots will open up in April when people who have deposits at multiple schools will drop, so keep your head up. It's just a longer waiting game. I'm waiting for their call as well, but luckily I have a backup school. They're my top choice though and I really want it

Reactions: 4 users
I just declined my offer at Nova. Hope more spots will come out asap. Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
I just checked other forums and it seems like many who have already paid the first deposit at nova haven't decided yet. Some already have and it's not nova. I'm certain some spots will become open after April. Maybe sooner. I've been down since I read the news today, but am still hopeful. Keep your heads up my competitors. There is still hope.
That's true, many people who have paid the first deposit are also admitted to other schools, many of them to their first choice!!But I really hope they start calling before April. For some people like me who have to move to FL from places far away like Canada, April is a bit late.. Nevertheless, thank you for your message. Hopeful msgs always give me more faith and energy!!

Reactions: 1 user
I just checked other forums and it seems like many who have already paid the first deposit at nova haven't decided yet. Some already have and it's not nova. I'm certain some spots will become open after April. Maybe sooner. I've been down since I read the news today, but am still hopeful. Keep your heads up my competitors. There is still hope.

Lol totally fitting pic and user name my friend

Members don't see this ad :)
nope =[. Also to those of you who have sent emails to ms.zarrett or dr.lippman do they ever actually respond to them? Or do we actually have to keep calling to ask if they received our emails? I've emailed dr.lippman many times but he never responds...dont want to be annoying....>.<

Haha. Well why would you pick one over the other? Any insight into this would be greatly appreciated!

Haha. Well why would you pick one over the other? Any insight into this would be greatly appreciated!

I've lived in New York all of my life. For about 7 months of the year, the city is just so depressing to me. I'm just not a concrete-jungle type of person. But aside from that, I know that I would benefit from a smaller class size and cheaper tuition at Nova. I don't really know much about NYU because I didn't apply there, but I would think that the atmosphere of the school seems more inviting and open to helping students at Nova.

does anyone know when the date that people have to decide on one school is?

deciding between Nova and Midwestern- AZ. Any thoughts?

Proud to announce that i'm in!!! Its official, I received the call yesterday. So excited for this one.

Reactions: 11 users
are you sure? isnt the deadline for the next nova deposit april 15th?

Yeah you are right. I'm not 100% sure but I heard april.1 is the date that aadsas notifies the schools of multiple deposits so I'm guessing that's when you have to decide.

Congrats DuvalDentist! I think I interviewed the same day as you at Nova.

are you sure? isnt the deadline for the next nova deposit april 15th?

This is copied and pasted from the ADEA website: Applicants Holding Positions at Multiple Institutions. Starting April 1, dental schools report to ADEA AADSAS the names and identification numbers of candidates who have paid a deposit, hold a position in a dental school entering class, or both. After April 5, ADEA AADSAS reports to each institution the names of candidates for its entering class who hold acceptance(s) at additional institutions. A dental school may rescind an offer of admission to a candidate who has paid deposits to or holds positions at multiple institutions. If the dental school chooses to withdraw this candidate from the entering class, the dental school must give the candidate a minimum 15-day notice.

This is copied and pasted from the ADEA website: Applicants Holding Positions at Multiple Institutions. Starting April 1, dental schools report to ADEA AADSAS the names and identification numbers of candidates who have paid a deposit, hold a position in a dental school entering class, or both. After April 5, ADEA AADSAS reports to each institution the names of candidates for its entering class who hold acceptance(s) at additional institutions. A dental school may rescind an offer of admission to a candidate who has paid deposits to or holds positions at multiple institutions. If the dental school chooses to withdraw this candidate from the entering class, the dental school must give the candidate a minimum 15-day notice.
ooooh ok thanks!!

Yeah December 11th as well. No, unfortunately still waiting.

I INTERVIEWED JUST 2 DAYS B4 U FOLKS. DEC 9TH. hah, upset!

So the general thinking is we have to wait until after April 1st to see if we are off the wait list? Or after April 15th? Is there no chance of it being before then?

So the general thinking is we have to wait until after April 1st to see if we are off the wait list? Or after April 15th? Is there no chance of it being before then?

Thats when the bulk of the spots will open, but spots do open between now and then. And as they open Dr. Lippman goes to the W.L. and selects more candidates to fill the spots.

Thats when the bulk of the spots will open, but spots do open between now and then. And as they open Dr. Lippman goes to the W.L. and selects more candidates to fill the spots.

Awesome! Do you by any chance know how many people are on the wait list?

Hi, everyone! I'm new here. First time applicant. Applied in October, had an interview on Jan. 22!! Waitlisted....duh...

When new spots open up, do they sent out letters or call you?? :)

Hi, everyone! I'm new here. First time applicant. Applied in October, had an interview on Jan. 22!! Waitlisted....duh...

When new spots open up, do they sent out letters or call you?? :)
For Nova they do both, but you will first be notified via phone call.

I don't know but shes a D2 and i didnt ask how credible her source of finding this out but she just said that this cycle there were 200 ppl on the waitlist which is ridiculous but i find it possible for nova to do that

Officially made my final decision. I'll be joining the Nova Dental Class of '18!

See you all in the fall :D!!

Officially made my final decision. I'll be joining the Nova Dental Class of '18!

See you all in the fall :D!!
Cool! What made you pick Nova over other schools? I have a week to decide and still don't know what to do.