*** The Official Nova Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

You dont interview for waitlist spots. You interview for DMD seats.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hello everyone, so I just received a letter from Nova saying that the committee has classified me as a "High Hold" candidate, this gave me a little bit of hope (wait listed again lol)......Anyone else received this letter? did they send this letter to everyone who interviewed in early Dec?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everyone, so I just received a letter from Nova saying that the committee has classified me as a "High Hold" candidate, this gave me a little bit of hope (wait listed again lol)......Anyone else received this letter? did they send this letter to everyone who interviewed in early Dec?
I interviewed early October and got that letter.

I interviewed late November, but I'm still considered part of the December interview group and haven't received anything yet. I know from previous years that everyone who gets waitlisted is a "high hold" candidate and that the wait list usually includes a LOT of people.

From which state are you ?

Thanks for your responses guys! I guess this high hold thing isn't that special. @SISTERPOWER2018 I live in GA, so Nova is my top choice, after GRU.

Hi, i have an interview on wendsday. Is anyone interviewing that day?

Anyone received calls yesterday or today?
I've been checking my phone constantly for a missed call for the last few hours!

Call me Dr. Lippman!!

Anyone received calls yesterday or today?
I've been checking my phone constantly for a missed call for the last few hours!

Call me Dr. Lippman!!
LOL, I feel like he lost our numbers! :p

I got my wait list letter in the mail, and it says that's i am a high hold, does anyone know what that means..does it say that for everyone?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
I got my wait list letter in the mail, and it says that's i am a high hold, does anyone know what that means..does it say that for everyone?

Thanks
Yea, so far anyone that has gotten a wait listed letter has been a high hold. Apparently you got a high chance of getting a spot and that you're up there on the list. Seems to me the list is super long and barely moves...

Yea, so far anyone that has gotten a wait listed letter has been a high hold. Apparently you got a high chance of getting a spot and that you're up there on the list. Seems to me the list is super long and barely moves...

Ehhh...what a shame, I guess we gotta wait and see what happens :unsure:

Thanks though!

no calls this week?
Dr. Lippman was just BSing I guess!!
He said he might be making some calls this week, but I guess he's going to drag this one out until February.
I am really anxious to hear from them.

I am also interested in their DMD/DO dual degree. Sounds like an interesting idea, being able to practice family medicine and general dentistry. It's like a one stop shopping.

no calls this week?
Dr. Lippman was just BSing I guess!!
He said he might be making some calls this week, but I guess he's going to drag this one out until February.
I am really anxious to hear from them.

I am also interested in their DMD/DO dual degree. Sounds like an interesting idea, being able to practice family medicine and general dentistry. It's like a one stop shopping.
I also think he won't make any move till he will know for sure how many seats remains. I think it all depends how active ppl with their deposit , the one who already been accepted. Active=he knows how many seats= faster he will call us or not that Active=he is not sure how many seats are open =he won't call in order not to loose ppl who wants . It's my impression . It's ok to wait as long as by the end will be a positive result. Tomorrow is another day :)

Portal update : waitlisted.

I am so sad.

I had on jan 8 , can I ask u why u asking ? What u r trying to figure out ? Share pls

just trying to see what kind of stats people have and still get rejected. Trying to see if there is a pattern, or lack thereof.

I interviewed early November, put on high waitlist, still no call.

Edit: Whoooops, wrong thread. that'll teach me to post on my phone.

Talked to Su Ann Zarrett recently and she said the next round of acceptances will be early February when deposits for January acceptances are due. Strange thing about my case is that I interviewed late November, haven't received a letter and my portal isn't updated. Still not completely sure if I'm waitlisted or not.

Talked to Su Ann Zarrett recently and she said the next round of acceptances will be early February when deposits for January acceptances are due. Strange thing about my case is that I interviewed late November, haven't received a letter and my portal isn't updated. Still not completely sure if I'm waitlisted or not.
Who is Su Ann Zarrett ?

Did u call them ? And if yes than when ? If you don't mind to tell me :)
Yea, I called the admissions office like 4 times, 2-3 weeks apart, and left Dr. Lippman a voicemail, so I basically showed plenty of interest since its my #1 school. My first phone call was a week after dec 1st. I am not planning on calling again cause I don't really want to come off as an annoying applicant.

Yea, I called the admissions office like 4 times, 2-3 weeks apart, and left Dr. Lippman a voicemail, so I basically showed plenty of interest since its my #1 school. My first phone call was a week after dec 1st. I am not planning on calling again cause I don't really want to come off as an annoying applicant.
Yes, U did enough !!! I honestly don't understand what they want cuz I have very strong file but ..... they consider it's not enough .
I am sick!!!
Can I ask you how you can call directly to Dr.Lippman ? Can you pls pm number? Thank you in advanced !!!

Current D1 at NSU.

Hey everyone! Just dropping by in the middle of my studies to say chin up and good luck! I know several student's who waited till March for their acceptances. It can happen at any time, but you have to take the initiative! They' want to see who has the most passion for their school (and so do we). Grades don't mean much if you've already interviewed. There are thousands of bright and qualified students who apply to nova's dental program, but they want to see who wants to come here first and foremost. Keep making the calls, sending those emails, writing those letters, and visit the school if you need to!

Reactions: 2 users
The next round of acceptances will be going out this week. Good luck everyone.

Do you think the people that are on the wait list are at a disadvantage versus the freshly interviewed individuals?

Do you think the people that are on the wait list are at a disadvantage versus the freshly interviewed individuals?
I think no one know the right answer for this q. I hope not!!!

Astvac jan

no more acceptances ? it's been pretty quiet since early-mid january.

did any of the pre december wait listers hear anything?

I interviewed last Wednesday (Jan 28) and Dr. Lippman told us that 90 seats have been filled so there are still a good number open! Best of luck everyone!

I interviewed last Wednesday (Jan 28) and Dr. Lippman told us that 90 seats have been filled so there are still a good number open! Best of luck everyone!
thank you for sharing information. Did he said anything about wait list ppl?

@dawgsontop816 i was there with you! But yes he did say 90 seats were filled, 10 acceptances in the mail that day. So if they accept those 10 we are left with 25 seats. I've called on Monday, no decision made. I called today but got Su Anne's voice mail. I'm kind of confused as to whether we will receive mail or phone call. I recall dr. Lippman telling us there would be a phone call?

@SISTERPOWER2018 I didn't ask specifically about the wait list :/ all he told us was that they do not conduct interviews for wait list spots so as long as they are interviewing there are still actual DMD seats available. @eunji86 great to hear from you! Yes, Dr. Lippman will call for an acceptance :)

Anyone that interviewed last week hear anything? I'm getting nervous.