***The Official NYU Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

I agree, I was waitlisted and didn't even get off it last cycle, but she was great.

What month did you interview last cycle?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dr. Mejia is literally one of the sweetest and most caring people I have ever met. Andrea's negativity towards NYU sounds like she got rejected and is mad.
Nope just talked to a lot of predents that have been interviewing there recently. After practicing dentistry for the last 8 years I wouldnt care either way. Just stating what I have heard so people have a heads up. IDK if she even was at NYU many moons ago.

Last edited:
Dr. Mejia does not make you feel that way. She's rude and makes students feel awkward and uncomfortable with her comments. NYU needs a new dean of admissions because she is a detriment to their admissions interviewing process and makes students not want to go to NYU.

Wait, so you didn't even meet her in person and you're making remarks like these?? I don't care if you are a doctor, that's just unprofessional :nailbiting:

Reactions: 4 users
Wait, so you didn't even meet her in person and you're making remarks like these?? I don't care if you are a doctor, that's just unprofessional :nailbiting:
I met her through ADEA and these are things the predents and dental students have said too

Last edited:
Does anyone know whether NYU is done with their Pre-Dec interview invitation????? :S
I just want to see Dr.Mejia whether or not she is kind or whatever lol..

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know whether NYU is done with their Pre-Dec interview invitation????? :S
Lol
There are committees so it's multifactorial

They are still giving out Pre-Dec interviews! I got one last week!

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats! I guess I am not getting one though since u got it last week..
I was told that they will only schedule interviews a few weeks in advance of their invitation date. So that means it's likely still possible to secure an interview within the last couple weeks of November :) Keep that head up, @Loving123 !

I was told that they will only schedule interviews a few weeks in advance of their invitation date. So that means it's likely still possible to secure an interview within the last couple weeks of November :) Keep that head up, @Loving123 !
Thanks for your reply! I hope to hear some good news from them! Good luck with your interview:)

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't understand why a practicing dentist is meddling so much in pre-dental forums. What a sad waste of time.

Reactions: 3 users
for those of you who already attended the interview, how was it? and is it correct that we have to do the secondary application there?

for those of you who already attended the interview, how was it? and is it correct that we have to do the secondary application there?

I enjoyed my time there. The interview was very relaxed. The interview takes place in the new building, but most of the lecture halls and labs are in the old building. All the clinics and sim labs are fairly standard. Everyone was very welcoming and happy there at NYU. Yes, a very short secondary application while you wait for your interview.

Last edited:

I agree with @Hyunin1210. My interview was probably the most laid-back one I had. Secondary application is short and not complicated. I would just make sure you have access to AADSAS that day, because I had to get on my phone and look up information about mail-out dates and such to complete it.

Reactions: 2 users
I enjoyed my time there. The interview was very relaxed. The interview takes place in the new building, but most of the lecture halls and labs are in the old building. All the clinics and sim labs are fairly standard. Everyone was very welcoming and happy they are at NYU. Yes, a very short secondary application while you wait for your interview.
Thank you ! feel so much better !!

I agree with @Hyunin1210. My interview was probably the most laid-back one I had. Secondary application is short and not complicated. I would just make sure you have access to AADSAS that day, because I had to get on my phone and look up information about mail-out dates and such to complete it.
good to know! thank you for the info !

Yeah I think that is good advice....print the school designations/decisions pages or at least jot down 5 of the schools you interviewed at with the mailing dates and all that (or applied to if you dont have interviews yet).

Last edited:
Yeah I think that is good advice....print the school designations/decisions pages or at least jot down 5 of the schools you interviewed at with the mailing dates and all that (or applied to if you dont have interviews yet).
You have to tell them where you interview? Lol

You have to tell them where you interview? Lol

Assuming it is like last year, yeah they ask you about the status of schools you applied to (if you have applied, interviewed, or post dec if you have been accepted, rejected, or waitlisted). You don't have to tell them obviously because they can't check

my interview is on NOV 12th, do you guys know how's the weather gonna be like?

I'm batch 8 and been waiting so anxiously. Have anyone from batch 8 heard anything from nyu lately?

Got an invite at 7:45pm Pacific time!!! Huh?

I booked my interview on 30/11. Do you guys think I will know the result on dec 1st? And could anyone please tell me when the interview ends at?

I booked my interview on 30/11. Do you guys think I will know the result on dec 1st? And could anyone please tell me when the interview ends at?

I think they have to have at least a week to make a decision.

are you from canada?

and I wouldn't count on Dec 1 but I'd say within a week or so you should hear something back. Unless you are really impressive or really terrible and they make a snap decision lol

Not sure. But the interview ends at 1pm-ish. It doesn't run late.

I interviewed at my school (not NYU) on Nov 17 and got an acceptance December 20/21

I just got an interview invite yesterday, called this morning and booked the interview for next Thursday 11/19! Guy on the phone said I'll know by Dec 1, was not expecting that! I'm also really scared now, this is my first interview and it's in basically a week. Any tips on NYU?

Thanks and good luck everyone!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Holy cow, just got an interview invite yesterday, called this morning and booked the interview for next Thursday 11/19! Guy on the phone said I'll know by Dec 1, was not expecting that! I'm also really scared now, this is my first interview and it's in basically a week. Any tips on NYU?

Thanks and good luck everyone!

I just had my interview yesterday and it was really relaxed! Try to get there ahead of time to work on the supplementary (very short) and so that you get interviewed first and don't have to wait too long after the other applicants there. My interviewer was extremely kind and genuinely wanted to know why I wanted to be a dentist. Have some responses to the common interview questions prepared, but don't sound rehearsed. It was more of a long conversation with a few questions thrown in. If you have any specific concerns or questions, bring them up during the Q&A period. It's your chance for Dr. Mejia (who was kind and funny) to answer questions you wouldn't find on the website/elsewhere online.

Good luck! I'm sure you'll do fine :)

I haven't heard anything since August 14th...form the email that they have received my application complete and under review.. Wondering if this is a bad sign..OOS too form Cali :/

..What do you guys think?