***The Official NYU Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

People who've had their interview recently: can you share your experience with us please? :)

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone get an interview recently? What dates are available now?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone needing a place to stay for your interview, we (guys) have a large living room available for a lot less than a hotel in the city. We live in Waterside, a 7 minute walk to the admissions office. Private message me to set something up or with any questions. We are D2 and D4s.

why is NYU so quiet this year.

Not sure if this is related... but I asked an admissions officer the percentage of people who are interviewed/accepted and she said she wasn't sure because they're doing things differently this year and are trying to interview less. It is still early though

Not sure if this is related... but I asked an admissions officer the percentage of people who are interviewed/accepted and she said she wasn't sure because they're doing things differently this year and are trying to interview less. It is still early though
i heard the exact same that they are interviewing less this year.. I really want an interview here :(

Cutting down 30% you say?

If anyone needs a cheap place to stay here, Carlton Arms hotel is really close and a nice place! 5 minute walk for $80 shared bathroom/ $130 private bathroom. As far as the interview, it's very enjoyable and laid back, more like a conversation. Great way to start off the interview season!

Hey everyone! What was your experience with Uber and Lyft in the city? I am flying into LaGuardia, and the place I am staying at is 6 miles away (like a 25 minute drive). How pricy were your guys' drives and how many miles did they cover? Thanks!

Hey everyone! What was your experience with Uber and Lyft in the city? I am flying into LaGuardia, and the place I am staying at is 6 miles away (like a 25 minute drive). How pricy were your guys' drives and how many miles did they cover? Thanks!
Are you staying at a hotel in Manhattan? Or any of the boroughs? If yes, just use the subway. LaGuardia has a shuttle of some sort that jets you to the subway. I have lived in the city before and usually just relied on the subway or walking.

Drove 6 miles (from upper east side to NYU) and it cost me $17.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you staying at a hotel in Manhattan? Or any of the boroughs? If yes, just use the subway. LaGuardia has a shuttle of some sort that jets you to the subway. I have lived in the city before and usually just relied on the subway or walking.
Drove 6 miles (from upper east side to NYU) and it cost me $17.

OMG, $17!?! WOW! @dentstudents 2015 - I am staying at a family member's house on Crane Street in Long Island City. I know what busses I need to take from LGA, but not entirely sure how to buy tickets (MTA).. I also don't know how the subway from LGA to Crane Street would work! Help please!!

I would just bite the bullet and take an Uber. You don't want to be navigating the subway for your first time before an interview.

I would just bite the bullet and take an Uber. You don't want to be navigating the subway for your first time before an interview.

I think it should be fine because I plan on using uber the day of the interview, but I wanted to save money from the airport to the place I am staying since I get there at 2 PM on the day before the interview!

OMG, $17!?! WOW! @dentstudents 2015 - I am staying at a family member's house on Crane Street in Long Island City. I know what busses I need to take from LGA, but not entirely sure how to buy tickets (MTA).. I also don't know how the subway from LGA to Crane Street would work! Help please!!
Hey!
The Shuttle is called the La Guardia Link Q 70 "Select Bus Service" I believe. Ticket is 2.75. It makes various stops throughout the city when you leave the airport. Since you are going to Long Island City you would probably want to get off at the 7 train. I would double check with Google Maps that way you get exact directions. You can purchase a Select Bus Service ticket outside of the airport. Make sure you have change when buying the Select Service ticket. Do not rely on credit/debit card. The select bus service ticket works different than the normal MTA!

Best of luck on your interview! Mine is coming up in two weeks!

Hey!
The Shuttle is called the La Guardia Link Q 70 "Select Bus Service" I believe. Ticket is 2.75. It makes various stops throughout the city when you leave the airport. Since you are going to Long Island City you would probably want to get off at the 7 train. I would double check with Google Maps that way you get exact directions. You can purchase a Select Bus Service ticket outside of the airport. Make sure you have change when buying the Select Service ticket. Do not rely on credit/debit card. The select bus service ticket works different than the normal MTA!

Also, you would need an additional 2.75 when purchasing your MTA ticket. I forgot to mention that. Pretty cheap fair over all!

Hey!

Hi - do I buy the tickets from a machine at the airport? Why can't I use my credit card? Also, so it would be 2.75 for the Q70 and then buy a second ticket of 2.75 for the 7 train?

Yes, you buy the ticket from a machine at the airport. It was strange, I just remember when I bought a select bus service ticket I could NOT use my metro card and need to buy a ticket. If I remember, correctly there was not an option to pay with card.

Yes, you would need buy a select bus service ticket in addition to a one way pass for the MTA train!

Do any of you guys know if NYU is done with pre-december interviews?

Yes, you buy the ticket from a machine at the airport. It was strange, I just remember when I bought a select bus service ticket I could NOT use my metro card and need to buy a ticket. If I remember, correctly there was not an option to pay with card.

Yes, you would need buy a select bus service ticket in addition to a one way pass for the MTA train!
Thanks!

I've noticed that the more recent interview feedback reviews have said that 2 people do the interview with you instead of 1.. can someone confirm?

I've noticed that the more recent interview feedback reviews have said that 2 people do the interview with you instead of 1.. can someone confirm?

There is an informal interview with the admissions coordinator. Read the email.

Yeaaa it really did not feel "informal" to me. Stay woke
Yeah I didn't like how they described it as an informal chat when it was obviously an interview. I thought it was pretty misleading and because I might be dropping $400,000 to go to your school, I feel that you need to be as transparent as possible.

Yeah I didn't like how they described it as an informal chat when it was obviously an interview. I thought it was pretty misleading and because I might be dropping $400,000 to go to your school, I feel that you need to be as transparent as possible.
I found out later, from a current student, that these admissions people are actually the ones who make the final decision on acceptances.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using SDN mobile

My informal chat was as informal as it could've gotten. She asked what, maybe two questions from the sheet? The rest of it was her inputting information to the computer and chit chat about family, hobbies etc. They are admissions coordinators not directors. You know who makes the desicions? The dean, not them. They are the front office people you call in to help you on your application.
Could they have a opinion and write a comment on you when the commitee comes together and decides? Definitely, but they certainly are not the ones making the final say lol.

Last edited:
My informal chat was as informal as it could've gotten. She asked what, maybe two questions from the sheet? The rest of it was her inputting information to the computer and chit chat about family, hobbies etc. They are admissions coordinators not directors. You know who makes the desicions? The dean, not them. They are the front office people you call in to help you on your application.
Could they have a opinion and write a comment on you when the commitee comes together and decides? Definitely, but they certainly are not the ones making the final say lol.
Well that's what my tour guide (student) told me. Maybe I'm too gullible lol!

I definitely got the feeling that the admissions interview was more important than the faculty interview just based on what we discussed. The faculty interview seemed more like a conversation whereas the admissions interview had a few more probing questions.

Well that's what my tour guide (student) told me. Maybe I'm too gullible lol!

Both my tour guides said they have no idea how they are paying off their debt. Makes you really think about it lol.

Both my tour guides said they have no idea how they are paying off their debt. Makes you really think about it lol.

Interesting. My tour guide talked about attending NYUCD sponsored meetings for students that discuss loans/refinancing plans and how much better she felt after getting more information. Shout out to Pauline

Interesting. My tour guide talked about attending NYUCD sponsored meetings for students that discuss loans/refinancing plans and how much better she felt after getting more information. Shout out to Pauline

Theres 360+ students, not all of them even see/know each other. So plenty doing their own things lol.

When I asked my guide how close the estimated cost of living was to the real cost of living in NYC he told me he didn't know because his debt load is so high he stopped looking at the cost and just focused on studying. I found his attitude... unimpressive.

Reactions: 2 users
Hello everyone. I'm a D3 at NYU and I would like to wish everyone good luck on their application process. If anyone has an interview at NYU and wants to save money on hotel expenses, please feel free to message me. I live in a 2-bedroom apartment a block away from the school. Last year's interviewees who stayed here had a great experience. Having gone thru the same process, I can also give you some tips.
Thank you and good luck to all.
I have interview on 17...female
please send your cell so I can contact you

Did anyone who sent a thank you letter/email to their interviewer get a reply?

Hello everyone. I'm a D3 at NYU and I would like to wish everyone good luck on their application process. If anyone has an interview at NYU and wants to save money on hotel expenses, please feel free to message me. I live in a 2-bedroom apartment a block away from the school. Last year's interviewees who stayed here had a great experience. Having gone thru the same process, I can also give you some tips.
Thank you and good luck to all.

I highly recommend this option if anyone has an interview coming up. I stayed at her place on Oct 11 for very cheap (cheaper than any hotel or airbnb) and it's only a 3 min walk to the dental building. She was also a fantastic host. She made sure I had everything I needed (fresh towels, hair dryer, iron, wifi, ect.). She was kind enough to hang on to my luggage so I didn't need to bring it to the interview.

The interview itself was very pleasant and short (20 mins). Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
I received a confirmation from this school on August 11 and in the email it said I was going to receive a questionnaire within 2-3 weeks but it is now October and I have no received anything, I even emailed them last week about this but no reply yet. Did this happen to anyone else or does anyone know why and what I should do?

I received a confirmation from this school on August 11 and in the email it said I was going to receive a questionnaire within 2-3 weeks but it is now October and I have no received anything, I even emailed them last week about this but no reply yet. Did this happen to anyone else or does anyone know why and what I should do?
Call.