***The Official NYU Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Members don't see this ad :)
hey congrats!! May I ask your stat and state of residency? You just made me feel so much better because I have app complete of early august and I was worried haha
3.4 O and SGPA, 21 DAT, and FL resident. I actually sent them an email asking if there was any updates to my status and a few hours later I got an invite.

II! Complete and "Under Review" July 14. Called and sent in an update last week

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
For those of you who had the interview already, around what time did you all finish everything and leave? I'm aware that you'll have the opportunity to talk with current students during lunch, so is everyone free to leave whenever they're done with lunch?

For those of you who had the interview already, around what time did you all finish everything and leave? I'm aware that you'll have the opportunity to talk with current students during lunch, so is everyone free to leave whenever they're done with lunch?
My interview day finished at around 1pm. And you don't have to stay for the lunch (with current students/ our tour guides). Though, if you do have the time i would recommend staying. You do get a free coupon to get anything you want from their lunch cafe and get to ask any other questions you still have on your mind.

My interview day finished at around 1pm. And you don't have to stay for the lunch (with current students/ our tour guides). Though, if you do have the time i would recommend staying. You do get a free coupon to get anything you want from their lunch cafe and get to ask any other questions you still have on your mind.
Yeah the lunch was pretty good :)))

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe not. I wrote a letter and received an invite a day after they wrote me back saying that my app was still complete and under review

Who did you write the letter to? And did you just mention your interest in the school in your letter?

Interview!

3.4o/3.3sGPA
22 DAT
MI resident
Complete 0n 7/11

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know what dates they have available right now?

Anyone know what dates they have available right now?
Just got an invite today, and I'm able to schedule for Monday Nov 7th.

This is not dental related, but I have never been to NYC and it has always been on my bucket list so I actually plan to spend the weekend there. The problem is I don't know anyone, so I'm wondering if there is an app/website that allows me to find a travel buddy? Or better yet, any fellow SDNer wants to explore The Big Apple with me? :D

Last edited:
I wrote them an email asking for an update about my status and got a reply a few hours later saying that my app is still complete and under review. 30 MINUTES LATER, they sent me an interview invite. Just saying!
Are you OOS?? My theory is that they're sending out OOS invites later on this cycle (but who knows?)

Are you OOS?? My theory is that they're sending out OOS invites later on this cycle (but who knows?)
I'd like to accept this, true or not -thank you lmao

Reactions: 2 users
For those who had the interview, what was the format like? I know that there is an "informal" one and a formal one, but how informal is it? Any pressing questions by the interviewers? And also, do they ask you to write some sort of essay in the morning? Appreciate any feedback

Just got an invite today, and I'm able to schedule for Monday Nov 7th.

This is not dental related, but I have never been to NYC and it has always been on my bucket list so I actually plan to spend the weekend there. The problem is I don't know anyone, so I'm wondering if there is an app/website that allows me to find a travel buddy? Or better yet, any fellow SDNer wants to explore The Big Apple with me? :D
I would definitely go to Rockefeller at night for the observation deck.
I personally loved the Press Lounge, if you are into cocktails :) best view ever. No other lounges are better

Interview this morning.

sGPA/oGPA: 3.41/3.44

DAT: 21AA/22TS/16PA/17QR/23RC

Sent them an email two days ago asking if there was any update to my application, and wrote a little paragraph explaining why I was interested in the school. Maybe it's more than a coincidence this is happening to folks?

Interview this morning.

sGPA/oGPA: 3.41/3.44

DAT: 21AA/22TS/16PA/17QR/23RC

Sent them an email two days ago asking if there was any update to my application, and wrote a little paragraph explaining why I was interested in the school. Maybe it's more than a coincidence this is happening to folks?
I think this happened to other applicants as well. I sent them an email too but no news for me yet :(

Has anyone emailed NYU and not received a reply back answering their question?

Hello everyone. I'm a D3 at NYU and I would like to wish everyone good luck on their application process. If anyone has an interview at NYU and wants to save money on hotel expenses, please feel free to message me. I live in a 2-bedroom apartment a block away from the school. Last year's interviewees who stayed here had a great experience. Having gone thru the same process, I can also give you some tips.
Thank you and good luck to all.
Just messaged you!

So from what I gathered in the interview invitation email, the interviews are the first thing we do when we get there at 8am (after checking-in, etc.)? Also, as one of the above posters mentioned, can those who have had the interview give a brief feedback of how it was? Appreciate it!

Last edited:
So I know a few people have said that the informal chat with the admissions officer didn't feel very informal...
But was the admissions officer an admissions ambassador? Like a dental student? Or is the admissions officer a member of faculty?

So I know a few people have said that the informal chat with the admissions officer didn't feel very informal...
But was the admissions officer an admissions ambassador? Like a dental student? Or is the admissions officer a member of faculty?
Faculty (for me at least)

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using SDN mobile

For those of you interviewing tomorrow I'll see you there! What time are you guys heading out? The NYC traffic is kind of crazy...

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Sup guys - I got an interview invite on October 18th, 6:30 AM. I scheduled it for November 3rd. Fingers crossed!

Anyone applied in september and heard back?

Did anyone have Dr. Spielman as his/her interviewer? Just wondering what your overall impression and thoughts on interviewing with him were...

do u you have NYU on ur aadsas? i dont have it on mine and want to know the status.
No NYU doesn't use the portal but they're so friendly, anytime I ask for status updates. Give em a call