***The Official NYU Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Accepted

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Do they send everyone an email at once?

Maybe she meant by 5pm (and they're sending the emails in batches)?
I would think because the director of Case Dental said the servers would melt if all the acceptances were sent out at once. Hey I called now someone else should lol

Whoever got the acceptance email, what does your last name start with? Maybe they are sending in batches alphabetically. Mine starts with B

Members don't see this ad :)
Whoever got the acceptance email, what does your last name start with? Maybe they are sending in batches alphabetically. Mine starts with B
I wanna know this too. It has to be because she said you will know decisions by 5pm and last year ppl knew if they were waitlisted instantly too.

Jeez I hope not man mine starts with S.

Maybe by app complete or interview dates?

Someone should call.. I already did an hour ago lol

Waitlist smh! I think I did pretty decent on the interview as well (the dude told me so lol).

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Anyone wanna share their stats?

those of you who got waitlisted, did you list interviews you got during your NYU interview (on that paper?). I'm thinking they waitlisted everyone who they thought would get accepted elsewhere.

those of you who got waitlisted, did you list interviews you got during your NYU interview (on that paper?). I'm thinking they waitlisted everyone who they thought would get accepted elsewhere.

I mean, were we not supposed to?

I don't know about that because I interviewed at my state school which has a high in-state acceptance rate and my interviewer kept saying how I would probably rather go to my state school because it's much cheaper and closer to me. I mean he might have said that to see what I would say, but Dr. Meija told me that as well when I was talking to her.

I didn't even have any other interviews to list lol. But only my DAT was great haha I don't really have a high GPA

we were, but it makes sense from their point of view
...that'd be a pretty silly way to choose your class (those who won't get in anywhere else) lol
How does waitlist work? Are we ranked?

Accepted at 12:25 PM, PST
I'm OOS, and I kept in touch with the admissions committee, as well as Dr. Mejia by sending updates/letters of intent.
Last name starts with Y

Rejected without interview. From Canada, 22AA/21TS, 3.7 bcp/3.61sGPA, 1000s of shadowing and volunteering....wtf NYU, what does a man have to do to get an interview, I wanted that good lunch too lmao

Reactions: 5 users
Waitlisted. Thanks for the lunch though, I went big that day!
Also, I listed all of my 6 interviews on the secondary application. Now I kinda regret doing that...

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users