****The Official Roseman Univ. Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Anyone willing to share a rundown of their interview day experience? Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Where did you get this info?
I recently interviewed at the school and they said it many times.

Oh, really? I mean, it makes sense. After interviewing there last Friday and learning about the Roseman model and its emphasis on teamwork, collaboration, and lifelong colleagues, I could see the group presentation being a huge factor.

Was anyone else absolutely blown away by this school?? I was so impressed! :) DECEMBER CANNOT COME ANY SOONER!!!
I really did like it. I could totally see myself going there, the area is even fantastic. With their block system I can see them easily being one of the better schools.

I recently interviewed at the school and they said it many times.

I really did like it. I could totally see myself going there, the area is even fantastic. With their block system I can see them easily being one of the better schools.

Could you explain a bit more about their block system?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone willing to share a rundown of their interview day experience? Thank you.
The interview process consisted of 4 components: student-guided tour, presentations (financial aid, Roseman model, etc.), group presentation, interview.

Group presentation was fun! You break out into groups and learn about each other to introduce to the rest of the group.The actual interview is with 2-3 interviewers (D4 student and 2 profs for me) and very relaxed and lasted only 20 minutes. My interviewers just asked questions about various things on my application (including bouldering/rock-climbing!). I would say this was one of the more relaxing interviews and a very pleasant experience! I really hope to receive an acceptance from Roseman. :)

The interview process consisted of 4 components: student-guided tour, presentations (financial aid, Roseman model, etc.), group presentation, interview.

Group presentation was fun! You break out into groups and learn about each other to introduce to the rest of the group.The actual interview is with 2-3 interviewers (D4 student and 2 profs for me) and very relaxed and lasted only 20 minutes. My interviewers just asked questions about various things on my application (including bouldering/rock-climbing!). I would say this was one of the more relaxing interviews and a very pleasant experience! I really hope to receive an acceptance from Roseman. :)

Regarding the group presentations, is it just you talking to people within the group as an ice breaker or are you presenting something to interviewers as a group?

Regarding the group presentations, is it just you talking to people within the group as an ice breaker or are you presenting something to interviewers as a group?
You introduce each other in front of everyone...meaning Dr. Harman, 20+ other interviewees, and anyone else who is in the room at the time. It's a really chill, even fun activity so it's not stressful at all. :)

Reactions: 1 users
Some of us Roseman dental students made this video in the spirit of Halloween. Watch it if you want to get accepted.... ;)

Attachments

• upload_2014-10-17_13-34-19.png
    upload_2014-10-17_13-34-19.png
    17.1 KB · Views: 57
Reactions: 5 users
I just got an e-mail from Roseman indicating my application was now under review. This is a school I am really interested in going. How would I go about letting them know this is a high priority school?

Group important. Individual interview less so.

I'd have to disagree with this based on my personal interview experience there. I had a less than stellar group interview, but connected really well with my interviewer and ended up getting accepted. Just my two cents.

Reactions: 1 user
I just got an e-mail from Roseman indicating my application was now under review. This is a school I am really interested in going. How would I go about letting them know this is a high priority school?
Definitely get in touch with Dr. Harman who is the Dean of Admissions since your fate is ultimately in his hands.

I'd have to disagree with this based on my personal interview experience there. I had a less than stellar group interview, but connected really well with my interviewer and ended up getting accepted. Just my two cents.
Are you a D1 at Roseman?

Nice! Im just repeating what they said multiple times when I interviewed. But thats good to hear, the group interview went well for me but I think the individual interview was even better.

Members don't see this ad :)
You've been a RDH for 8 years?!!!. That's some work experience. Are you applying to roseman?
Yes I did. And yes I have been a hygienist for 8 years. Almost 9! I love dentistry lol.

Yes I did. And yes I have been a hygienist for 8 years. Almost 9! I love dentistry lol.

Have you interviewed yet? 9 years as a RDH is crazy. Def. someones whose a good fit for Dentistry.

Have you interviewed yet? 9 years as a RDH is crazy. Def. someones whose a good fit for Dentistry.
No. Haven't been invited. Graduated in August from undergrad so it took a while for aadsas to calculate my GPA. have you had an interview?

My application was put under review the same day as yours! Have you happened to hear back from them yet for an interview invite??

Re-applicants who interviewed last year, did any of you receive an interview for this cycle?! Dr. Harmon made it seem like they favored re-applicants during the interview last cycle.

My application was put under review the same day as yours! Have you happened to hear back from them yet for an interview invite??
I have not hear back from them yet. My plan is to call them on monday.

If you don't mind me asking, what si your SGPA and DAT scores?

I have not hear back from them yet. My plan is to call them on monday.

If you don't mind me asking, what si your SGPA and DAT scores?

Sounds great, I know sometimes it takes them a week or so to review all the apps so I wouldn't be in too big of hurry. As long as neither of us have heard I think it is okay.. hopefully haha. My stats are a little different b/c I am a reapplicant...after applying in 2012 and not getting in to any school I completed a master's program in biomedical science in order to boost my GPA. So... now my total cumulative (masters and undergrad) = 3.2 total cumulative sci (masters and undergrad) = 3.1 Just masters GPA sci and cumulative = 3.75 My DAT score is from 2012 and is 18 AA, 24 PAT, 18 TS . Since it seems like an innovative school hopefully they will be on board with the master's degree. What are your statistics?

Sounds great, I know sometimes it takes them a week or so to review all the apps so I wouldn't be in too big of hurry. As long as neither of us have heard I think it is okay.. hopefully haha. My stats are a little different b/c I am a reapplicant...after applying in 2012 and not getting in to any school I completed a master's program in biomedical science in order to boost my GPA. So... now my total cumulative (masters and undergrad) = 3.2 total cumulative sci (masters and undergrad) = 3.1 Just masters GPA sci and cumulative = 3.75 My DAT score is from 2012 and is 18 AA, 24 PAT, 18 TS . Since it seems like an innovative school hopefully they will be on board with the master's degree. What are your statistics?

I am an undergrad with biochem and music Sgpa 3.2 with an overall of 3.4 and all 300+ classes are 3.6 so there is that. I got 20 AA and Ts. I am also a re applicant but from last cycle. Your stats are killer especially 24 pat shoot.

I am an undergrad with biochem and music Sgpa 3.2 with an overall of 3.4 and all 300+ classes are 3.6 so there is that. I got 20 AA and Ts. I am also a re applicant but from last cycle. Your stats are killer especially 24 pat shoot.
Naw my stats aren't that great, always room for improvement! Urs are just as good if not better :) U have lots of things going for u! Lets hope an interview is in store for both of us! Did u end up calling them today?

Trying to book a departure flight on the day of the interview. Does anyone know how long the 12 PM interview lasted? On the interview invite email it states approximately 5 hours. Thanks!

Trying to book a departure flight on the day of the interview. Does anyone know how long the 12 PM interview lasted? On the interview invite email it states approximately 5 hours. Thanks!
Our interview ended right around 4:30pm. I would give yourself till 5pm and getting to the airport took less than 20 minutes. Book no earlier than 7pm? Mine was for 7:50pm and gave me enough time to grab a bite to eat!

Hello everyone! I just received my interview invite today via email.

Does anybody know where I can get some information regarding the ratio between interviewed and accepted?

Good luck and congratulations to all!

Does anybody know where I can get some information regarding the ratio between interviewed and accepted?

It's in the ADEA guide. $10 for online version

In-state interviewed 61 - accepted 41 - enrolled 24
OOS interviewed 234 - accepted 139 - enrolled 56

Reactions: 3 users
Hi, can you tell me where you got the accepted number? Do you have that info for more schools?
It comes from ADEA guide. There is a table there that lists all schools. Some are not accurate though.

Thank you for the data! I was trying to find the information on the Roseman section and forgot to look at the tables at the beginning of the book.

Anybody else having the interview the 21st of november too? I called today and they said it's the last pre-December interview day!!

I have mine on Nov 21st.
To my knowledge, Roseman had only one interview so far on Oct. 3rd. The only other pre Dec interview is Nov 21st. While 70+ applicants at each time, I'm hoping that this means our chances of getting in on Dec 1st is higher! :)

To my knowledge, Roseman had only one interview so far on Oct. 3rd. The only other pre Dec interview is Nov 21st. While 70+ applicants at each time, I'm hoping that this means our chances of getting in on Dec 1st is higher! :)

Hope so. :)

Are you interviewing on Nov 21st?

Is anyone interviewing next Friday (11/21) at 8am and want to split a cab back to the airport? The expenses for this trip are really adding up :(

Be sure to plan on getting lunch somewhere after the interview. They didn't feed us on Oct. 3rd.
You'll have a great time though!
Haha I JUST gave advice in a PM for the Roseman interview and said the same thing...I thought lunch was being provided (and no where in my email did it say no lunch is provided although another interviewee said he received an email saying so...) so I came slightly hungry. An hour into the interview my stomach was growling so I drank 2 bottles of water! >.<

How can we find out whos interviewing us specifically?
I don't think you'll know until the day of? Maybe call and ask but I feel like they wouldn't disclose that information...

Good luck to those interviewing tomorrow! Let's kill it. (8am group)

Congrats on the people who interviewed today, was really impressed with the candidates that I talked to. Current D3 here, let me know if you guys have any questions?

Hey @HannibalLecter , the student environment seems to be very ideal at Roseman for non-A type personality candidates such as myself. It was also reassuring to here that attending Roseman doesn't exclude you from specialties since some D4s already have multiple interviews/ acceptances. Do you have an idea on the chances of those who interviewed pre-December of getting in?

So, I was a pre-december (Nov) interview myself when I got in (around Feb-March). Just make sure to stay up with your application and know that the chance is pretty good. It really depends on your group interview and your individual interview. If you nailed those two, you are golden. If you exemplified that you can be another student here and fit right into our model, you will be accepted.

Reactions: 2 users
Pleasure meeting some of you from the Nov. 21st interview tours. I am following up on some questions that appear not to be answered in the thread.

1st as far as re-applicants that interviewed before. I cannot say if you are favored or not, although I interviewed 2 years in a row. 1st year was in June and was for waitlist spots. and on the 2nd interview was in April the following year. I got my phone call within a few days. I don't know if this helps anyone who is pre-december 1st. I have some classmates that are in their 2nd year (D2s) with me and they intereviewed pre Dec.1st and did not get accepted until as late as May in some cases.

If you guys still have more questions shoot me a message and I try to stay prompt on responding.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/225850380800451/ this is a link to the Facebook group for applicants for Roseman if you have any further questions or if you want to try to track down your interviewer/tour guide with more questions. Pretty much everyone is open to help out if you ask.

Also if you look up a post I wrote right before I began my 1st year I wrote about how it took 5 cycles for myself to get accepted finally. Hopefully it will give some of you hope as many of you might not get the phone call you were hoping for come December 1st but there are steps to take to work towards your goal.

Reactions: 6 users
Pleasure meeting some of you from the Nov. 21st interview tours. I am following up on some questions that appear not to be answered in the thread.

1st as far as re-applicants that interviewed before. I cannot say if you are favored or not, although I interviewed 2 years in a row. 1st year was in June and was for waitlist spots. and on the 2nd interview was in April the following year. I got my phone call within a few days. I don't know if this helps anyone who is pre-december 1st. I have some classmates that are in their 2nd year (D2s) with me and they intereviewed pre Dec.1st and did not get accepted until as late as May in some cases.

If you guys still have more questions shoot me a message and I try to stay prompt on responding.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/225850380800451/ this is a link to the Facebook group for applicants for Roseman if you have any further questions or if you want to try to track down your interviewer/tour guide with more questions. Pretty much everyone is open to help out if you ask.

Also if you look up a post I wrote right before I began my 1st year I wrote about how it took 5 cycles for myself to get accepted finally. Hopefully it will give some of you hope as many of you might not get the phone call you were hoping for come December 1st but there are steps to take to work towards your goal.

Thanks for sharing! That makes me kind of nervous...Do you know how many people they typically accept in the early round (first week of december)?

Will some of us hear decisions today? Does anyone remember what they said?

I think they said they would start calling today, right? I'm sure it takes a little while for the phone calls to come out, but I believe they said we can call them, too. Has AADSAS been updated for anyone, or are we all still at "Invited for Interview"?

They said we could call them too about our status? My AADSAS still says "invited for interview."