***The Official UCLA Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone happen to know how long we have to complete the application for UCLA? Thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone happen to know how long we have to complete the application for UCLA? Thanks! :)
there's no specific time frame, but they suggest you finish it in 2-3 weeks. So I would make sure to finish it in 2-3 weeks lol

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know if this is okay to ask. But is anyone willing to send me a PDF of the secondary app so I can get started on it? Thanks.

Edit: Nvm, just received the app.

Last edited:
Just submit my 2nd app, but I have very less hope to get in UCLA.

I just checked School Decisions on AADSAS and UCLA already posted my status - Received/Application Complete. Figured I should let you all know!

I just checked School Decisions on AADSAS and UCLA already posted my status - Received/Application Complete. Figured I should let you all know!
Nice! Mine updated to that status within a day or two of getting the secondary too, so it seems like they're pretty quick on checking it and making sure it's kosher and stuff.

Just to confirm, you all didn't receive the secondary until your application was complete? Well.. as complete as it could be without the supplemental?

UCLA is asking about offenses in their secondary app. I have two speeding tickets where the fine was over $200, so since I'm not going to lie, I added them to the question. Are the traffic tickets something that will affect my application?

UCLA is asking about offenses in their secondary app. I have two speeding tickets where the fine was over $200, so since I'm not going to lie, I added them to the question. Are the traffic tickets something that will affect my application?

Speeding to help a dental patient in need, right? ;)

Just to confirm, you all didn't receive the secondary until your application was complete? Well.. as complete as it could be without the supplemental?
I got the application just by submitting the AADSAS application. I received mine today and my mail out date was 7-15
Speeding to help a dental patient in need, right? ;)
Ha! I think I'm just being paranoid about it and it'll be okay. It's not like I was drinking and driving.

I don't remember the exact wording of the app but I really don't think you need to mention speeding tickets

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! I had a question regarding the format of the secondary app. On the email, it states you cannot save the information on the form if you are using Adobe Reader or using a Mac. However I am using Adobe Reader on my Mac and it seems to be saved. How did you guys submit it? Did you print it and scan it, or did you just submit it the way it was? I'm so confused :( Also, if we want to attach our publication, is it ok to send a separate PDF or should we combine the two PDFs to create a single file?

Thanks guys!

I don't remember the exact wording of the app but I really don't think you need to mention speeding tickets
Here is what it says on the application.

"Have you even been convicted or pleaded no contest to any offense, misdemeanor, or felony in any state, the United States, or a foreign country? (Except violation in traffic laws resulting in fines of $200 or less)"

I used Preview on my Mac and it worked fine sending it as a pdf
Oh ok thanks! Did you have any trouble with some of the space that was given? For example, for the time attended for university, my month/year got cut off so I'm wondering if that will be an issue.

Here is what it says on the application.

"Have you even been convicted or pleaded no contest to any offense, misdemeanor, or felony in any state, the United States, or a foreign country? (Except violation in traffic laws resulting in fines of $200 or less)"
Strange wording. Then yeah I'd put it just to be safe but it won't affect your app at all.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah I had to make a new text box in that case :/ it does get cut off in those alotted boxes
It gets cut off on your end but they see everything. Somehow, I really don't know how, but yeah. I asked last year about it.

My application was mailed out on 7/15 and I still haven't received secondary from UCLA. Should I be worried?

It gets cut off on your end but they see everything. Somehow, I really don't know how, but yeah. I asked last year about it.
Oh ok good to know thank you! Do you remember if you submitted the PDF with the fillable forms or did you flatten the PDF so that they couldn't change it?

My application was mailed out on 7/15 and I still haven't received secondary from UCLA. Should I be worried?
no
Oh ok good to know thank you! Do you remember if you submitted the PDF with the fillable forms or did you flatten the PDF so that they couldn't change it?
can't remember :\ I'd guess submitting with fillable forms would be safe though so I probably did that. I'm sure someone else on here submitting this year will chime in

and if I remember correctly, I think some people I know last cycle hand wrote their secondaries. is that an option still?

How long after submitting the secondary did it update?

Received the supplemental! Without my DAT scores being submitted yet! Normal ? I read earlier in the thread that it isn't.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Could you tell us when your AADSAS was mailed out?? Thanks!! And I don't think they will start to review your application (including supplemental) until they get your DAT score.

Could you tell us when your AADSAS was mailed out?? Thanks!! And I don't think they will start to review your application (including supplemental) until they get your DAT score.
Mailed on 7/22, still haven't received mine

I used preview on Mac but apparently ucla can read whatever gets cut off (see above) :)

I see...the idea of leaving my answers cut off doesn't feel right though. Maybe I'm just extra paranoid... If UCLA doesn't have anything against creating text boxes to answer the questions, I might just try that instead.

I only used text boxes for the school section since I couldn't fit anything there like the dates of attendance and awards. I thought that was okay since it's an informational part. Other than that I kept my essays to fit the sections!

Ahh thanks for the clarification!

Does anyone know how to lock the forms on the PDF so they cannot be changed by anyone else?

Does anyone know how to lock the forms on the PDF so they cannot be changed by anyone else?
I believe if you "print" the document and change method to "PDF," they won't be able to access the text boxes you used while drafting.

I believe if you "print" the document and change method to "PDF," they won't be able to access the text boxes you used while drafting.
Do you think it's bad if we just left it the way it was? Without locking it?

Do you think it's bad if we just left it the way it was? Without locking it?
I doubt the Office of Admissions will mind!

I think for the previous poster, they wanted to ask someone to look over the doc for content and grammar and didn't want them to make direct edits.

I'm sorry but I'm a bit paranoid now.. I created text boxes for my responses. Theres no harm in doing that right?

I'm sorry but I'm a bit paranoid now.. I created text boxes for my responses. Theres no harm in doing that right?
The application cycle is really stressful, so totally understandable!

When I applied, I didn't create text boxes and didn't go over the allotted space in the essay portion, out of fear that the ADCOM wouldn't be able to view the additional text. But this was also because I used the "print to PDF" function to stay within the 5 mb limit.

From my experiences thus far, they seem really flexible! For the listed courses where some people opted to create text boxes, I opted to shorten whatever words I could. Example: University of Southern California became Univ. of Southern CA.

If you're concerned, Noemi is very helpful and responds to emails quickly. I'd shoot her a quick email.

Anybody whose AADSAS app was mailed out on 7/22, but has not received supplemental application from UCLA, please raise their right foot!

Reactions: 2 users
Anybody whose AADSAS app was mailed out on 7/22, but has not received supplemental application from UCLA, please raise their right foot!
Right here with you buddy

Reactions: 2 users
The application cycle is really stressful, so totally understandable!

When I applied, I didn't create text boxes and didn't go over the allotted space in the essay portion, out of fear that the ADCOM wouldn't be able to view the additional text. But this was also because I used the "print to PDF" function to stay within the 5 mb limit.

From my experiences thus far, they seem really flexible! For the listed courses where some people opted to create text boxes, I opted to shorten whatever words I could. Example: University of Southern California became Univ. of Southern CA.

If you're concerned, Noemi is very helpful and responds to emails quickly. I'd shoot her a quick email.
What do you mean by listed courses? I did not see that at all on the secondary.

What do you mean by listed courses? I did not see that at all on the secondary.
My mistake. I meant somewhere in the middle where they ask you to list colleges attended, awards, degrees, timespan, etc.

My AADSAS was submitted on 7/15 and I was feeling antsy because I hadn't gotten the secondary. On a whim I checked my gmail spam and there it was, sent 8 days ago. Check your spam filter guys!

Anyone with AADSAS mailed on 7/22 got their secondary yet?

Finally received supplemental email this morning. AADSAS mail out date is 7/22. Check your spam mail box if you don't see the email!

Status
Not open for further replies.