***The Official University of Detroit Mercy Dental class 2017***

I got the call a few days ago so it is definitely moving!! It will be much faster once the rest of the canadian schools send out their acceptances (May/June) Good luck everyone :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey congrats! Can you share with us your stats?

I'm looking for a female roommate who will also be a first year at the dental school. Please message me if you are interested. Thanks! :)

Hi!! I just got accepted a week ago and I need a roommate too! Any luck finding one?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, does anybody know if UDM requires a second deposit after the initial $1500?

Received the call today, off the wait list. Interviewed in November.

Received the call today, off the wait list. Interviewed in November.

Congrats! Hopefully, I can get some good news soon. Did they mention anything useful, like number of remaining offers?

Got an offer at UDM and looking for housing! If you are looking for a roommate, message me

Long time lurker but got the call today! So there is hope for all those waiting :)

got a call just now (10:45 AM CST). interviewed on jan 26th morning session

20 AA 20 TS 21 PAT 16 RC 18 BIO 18 QR 25 OC 22 GC

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an acceptance call on April 9th! interviewed October 9th ish

I was accepted on Monday and will decline today. Hope my seat goes to someone that really wants it!

I would call but for some odd reason Betsy always tells me she herself doesn't know anything

Nice yea I have a 3.7 gpa 19 AA DAT still waiting to hear :(

Yea prepping for another dat #3 ...sucks but what else can I do...also as a backup I've applied to 4 grad schools for MS in biomedical sciences...it'd be so nice if I get a call...ill cancel my dat, forget about grad school party the next two months before classes start... It's all good either way life will go on

Did anyone get accepted yesterday/today?

Also, anyone likely to drop their spot? PM me if you don't want to post publicly.

I spoke with Betsy and she said the last spot was filled with someone and they are awaiting that persons response. Monday they will know whether they will take the seat or not. I wonder how many ppl got accepted off the waitlist so far. I just got accepted to a masters program in Tulane as a back up. Classes start July 13. I sure hope I get an answer from Detroit before then.

I'm really hoping this person says no. I feel like if they really wanted it they would have confirmed by now and not wait until the very last day.

I'm really hoping this person says no. I feel like if they really wanted it they would have confirmed by now and not wait until the very last day.

Calm down... What if that person doesnt have enough funds yet? Give them a break.. What if their spouse is trying to find work in Michigan before committing to move? Dude u can wait til Monday.. Don't be a duck to them. Gl to u

Telling someone to "calm down" is beyond aggravating. Especially considering you have been accepted somewhere and they haven't. I actually know Emory... he's a cool dude. I don't blame him for being concerned; this is his future. Remember how panicked you were before you got in? You were freaking out all over this forum. Everyone does, it's how it works.

That being said, I wish everyone the best and hope there's more movement on the UDM waitlist and other waitlists (hint UoP, Penn, UMD!!!) :)

I Never said he wasn't a good person. My intention for him isn't bad either. I only made one thread about myself asking for help.

I know. :)

It's beautiful out here (at least in Virginia) so I'm going to get off SDN and enjoy this weather before my SDNitis comes back. Haha.

Just because it's the last spot doesn't mean more won't open up. Canadian schools will be giving out acceptances which should open up more spots. Stay positive!

I know. :)

It's beautiful out here (at least in Virginia) so I'm going to get off SDN and enjoy this weather before my SDNitis comes back. Haha.

I'm in Iowa, 83 on Monday, 4 inches of snow today...

I'm in sc it was like 90 a week back 60 and muggy today I wore a hoody to the gym... Lol

Anyone know what are the chances of getting accepted off the waitlist at this point? There was quite a bit of movement around this time last year, but that was due to the increased class size.

Buddy I would say dont depend too much on it. Every year things are becoming tougher and competitive overall. Start preparing for the worst. Maybe retake ur dat, enroll in a masters, take some more undergrad science courses to get your gpa higher, and definitely enhance your shadowing hours.

I'm curious as to why so many schools do not share their wait list rankings/claim they do not rank. I find it extremely hard to believe that UDM's adcom members meet every single time a spot is available because the person accepted off the wait list declines the offer. Therefore, I'd assume they select a list of at least a few people each time they meet to discuss available spots. That way if they called one person and that person said no they can quickly go to the next person instead of having to meet again.

This would save them time. Less people would bother them about an update. Etc.

Any ideas? The only reason (not a good one) that I can think of is to keep people in suspense so that everyone stays excited about the school.

Any chance of me getting in? No interview? No rejection?

GPA: 3.78 s3.99
DAT: AA 18

OCHEM: 18
CHEM: 21
BIO: 17
PAT: 16
RC: 19
QR: 16

I'm curious as to why so many schools do not share their wait list rankings/claim they do not rank. I find it extremely hard to believe that UDM's adcom members meet every single time a spot is available because the person accepted off the wait list declines the offer. Therefore, I'd assume they select a list of at least a few people each time they meet to discuss available spots. That way if they called one person and that person said no they can quickly go to the next person instead of having to meet again.

This would save them time. Less people would bother them about an update. Etc.

Any ideas? The only reason (not a good one) that I can think of is to keep people in suspense so that everyone stays excited about the school.

im guessing after u pass the interview portion and whoever interviewed u gives good feedback they must have some sort of ranking based on stats... because i have yet to hear anyone who interviewed and got rejected... so whoever the professors say is good to go gets entered into a large pool and the ones with the highest GPA and DAT get first dibs and people with lower scores are lower in the rankings and must wait... i have no source to verify this but its my opinion lol

im guessing after u pass the interview portion and whoever interviewed u gives good feedback they must have some sort of ranking based on stats... because i have yet to hear anyone who interviewed and got rejected... so whoever the professors say is good to go gets entered into a large pool and the ones with the highest GPA and DAT get first dibs and people with lower scores are lower in the rankings and must wait... i have no source to verify this but its my opinion lol

I agree that there must be a system. I'm more curious as to why they hide it. What benefit do they get out of the lack of transparency?

I called on Friday. Since I didn't hear anything back, I asked them what is going on with the process. I mean they didn't even invite me for an interview. First, she was surprised and said they were at the end of making final decisions then she looked at my application. She said my application is under review and they might call me for an interview. I don't know what that means??? Then I said I have to think about replying.She said go ahead and reply. They will return my registration fee if I get in. They are making me so mad. First, she made me feel like I am out of the questions and then she sounded like i have some hope.

I don't know what to do. I don't know if i should retake my dat. My scores were not that great. everything else was great. Why are they holding my application? Does anyone know about this process? Do they call people for an alternative interview later and tell them they can start next year? I mean if they want to reject me, go ahead. Just tell me what I need to do to make my application stronger. I hate not knowing.

Now my mind is going everywhere. Guys, I need your advice. Should I just start studying for dat or should I ask them if I need to retake it? :mad:

Is there anyone else who is at the same position as me?

This is all speculation, but...

When did you guys apply? Maybe they ran out of interview times but are keeping you on the side just in case?

Last year someone said they were interviewed after being rejected since the class size expanded and they needed more people. Not sure how accurate this is, but maybe the are avoiding a similar outcome?

I applied like mid-july or end of july. Don't remember the date exactly. Still I think they should give us some concrete answer. I wish if they are just honest with us then it would save them lot of time. I wouldn't be calling and bugging them over and over again.

I am in the same boat. I am still waiting. No interview and no rejection yet.

Did you interview at any other university? or you were like me who only applied to 2 universities - making my chances very slim.

I applied in october. Waiting is such a pain and everytime I would call I hear the same answer over again and that they are still considering me. At this moment I would really want to know if I am rejected (god forbid) but I need to know whether I should start studying again. I hope we get interviewed, this is my dream career!