***The Official University of Detroit Mercy Dental class 2017***

Did you interview at any other university? or you were like me who only applied to 2 universities - making my chances very slim.

I only applied to two school, I don't want to move out of state, which was a very bad idea:(

Members don't see this ad.

Yea I would start preparing for next cycle. I doubt they will invite anyone for an interview so late, I'm not sure why they are leading you on like that.

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied in october. Waiting is such a pain and everytime I would call I hear the same answer over again and that they are still considering me. At this moment I would really want to know if I am rejected (god forbid) but I need to know whether I should start studying again. I hope we get interviewed, this is my dream career!

I hope that too, but just for back-up plan. I applied to basic medical science program at Wayne State. I heard this program really boost up you chances. I also started studying for DAT - although I haven't register yet. I am gonna wait till end of May and see if I really have to take it. Next year,going to apply out of state.I would recommend that you start working on you back-up plan. :(

if you haven't heard about an interview from them by now...you're rejected.

Thanks for being honest. I am already working on my back-up plan. Still, I hate when schools do that. Why can't they just tell us, what is going on?

Did anyone get accepted recently?or anything???????

Any chance of me getting in? No interview? No rejection?

GPA: 3.78 s3.99
DAT: AA 18

OCHEM: 18
CHEM: 21
BIO: 17
PAT: 16
RC: 19
QR: 16

hi If you dont mind asking did they get back with you

Hi juju1,

I don't mind at all. No, they didn't get back to me. No Interview?? No rejection?? I think there is another person who is on same boat as me. We don't know what's going on? Well, I started working on my back-up plan. I am going to retake dat- the third time and make sure that my scores improve. In the mid-time, I applied for bms master's program.

Guys,

Should I send them my final transcripts? I just graduated with biology major and chemistry minor. My GPA also increased. It is now 3.87. Or there is no point since I didn't get invited for interview yet.

Guys,

Should I send them my final transcripts? I just graduated with biology major and chemistry minor. My GPA also increased. It is now 3.87. Or there is no point since I didn't get invited for interview yet.

I would say it's too late, maybe if you were on the waitlist but I would just prepare for next cycle, with that GPA you should get in.

Anything new? any movement on the waitlist recently?

Got the call from Dr. Jeffers yesterday! Good luck to everyone else still waiting, don't give up hope! :)

Canadian Student
GPA: 3.55 but it was 4.00 for the last 3 years
DAT: AA 21 PAT 22
Interviewed on Dec 5
Dental shadowing +150 hrs

Have u applied to Canadian schools also? When do they usually send out their acceptances?

Members don't see this ad :)
Have u applied to Canadian schools also? When do they usually send out their acceptances?

Yes, I'm still waiting to hear back from a few. I was wait listed at Western, but like Detroit, they don't tell you where on the wait list you are. I'm also waiting to hear back from Dalhousie in Halifax. I've accepted UDM, but if I chose to go to another school I will definitely post on here to update everyone! I know how stressful/frustrating it can be to not know where you are on the lists and get rejected. Keep your hopes up and keep working hard toward your goals. I applied three times before I even got an interview at UDM. NEVER give up!

Western's acceptances/offers went out early May, Dalhousie's will be late May/early June.
U of T's acceptances were out a while back and I'm pretty sure the other Canadian schools have all sent out offers too.

I hope that too, but just for back-up plan. I applied to basic medical science program at Wayne State. I heard this program really boost up you chances. I also started studying for DAT - although I haven't register yet. I am gonna wait till end of May and see if I really have to take it. Next year,going to apply out of state.I would recommend that you start working on you back-up plan. :(

That was what Dr. Jeffers recommended for a masters degree for the re-applicants. I do not plan on begining with my masters degree I will register back as a post-bach. I will study for the DAT in June but this time I definitely learned my lesson to apply early. Keep me updated if any status changes occurs by the school.

I called UDM again, because I really wanted to know if I should retake dat. She said they might gonna invite more people for interview. SO there is hope for all the waitlisted people and who still didn't hear anything back. When I asked about replying, she said go ahead reply. When I asked about retaking DAT - she said she doesn't have my file yet. But guys, just wait and relax.

I called UDM again, because I really wanted to know if I should retake dat. She said they might gonna invite more people for interview. SO there is hope for all the waitlisted people and who still didn't hear anything back. When I asked about replying, she said go ahead reply. When I asked about retaking DAT - she said she doesn't have my file yet. But guys, just wait and relax.

Why are they interviewing more people? Why not just accept those still on the waitlist, unless those new interviewees will take my place on the waitlist after I get my call!

Why are they interviewing more people? Why not just accept those still on the waitlist, unless those new interviewees will take my place on the waitlist after I get my call!

i dont kno why they are doing this... its so annoying... they always say something different every time u call them... and not giving ranks on waitlist is another pain in the ass

i dont kno why they are doing this... its so annoying... they always say something different every time u call them... and not giving ranks on waitlist is another pain in the ass

Pain in the ass is a euphemism describing this situation...every time I call is same stupid vague answers... What I don't get is they are accepting Canadian applicants over US applicants, not that I have anything against Canadian applicants, I just would think that a US based school would prefer it's own citizens... I'm starting to lose hope overall...today's my 23rd birthday and I feel depressed...I graduated college two years ago had a solid 3.7 gpa. I tired of waiting...my gf just got accepted to law school and that just makes me feel even worse...she's progressing while I'm still waiting...idkkkkkk

Pain in the ass is a euphemism describing this situation...every time I call is same stupid vague answers... What I don't get is they are accepting Canadian applicants over US applicants, not that I have anything against Canadian flicants, I just would think that a US based school would prefer it's own citizens... I'm starting to lose hope overall...today's my 23rd birthday and I feel depressed...I graduated college two years ago had a solid 3.7 gpa. I tired of waiting...my gf just got accepted to law school and that just makes me feel even worse...she's progressing while I'm still waiting...idkkkkkk

U know why Canadians are favored over US citizens? Its cause internationals have the money to fork over to the schools that need to offset their budget cuts. Canadian schools are highly competitive and forces their applivants to apply to US DS. They are more likely to take your spot since they have few schools vs 63 DS. .Accepting US citizens who can't pay for tuition is waste of schools time. Why do u think NYU(few years back), tufts(while back), BU, USC, UDM, San Antonio, NOVA, Columbia, upenn, buffalo, OHSU, CWRU, and Minnesota accept internationals?

Money driven business not advocating student cause.

Don't Canadians pay the same thing as Americans at UDM? The source of the loans/funds might be different but the school gets the money regardless.

They are more likely to accept UDM vs a US CITIZEN. They have less schools to apply in Canada and its more cut throat.

Yea makes sense... Anyway if I don't get in, it'll only be because of myself... I've got admission into Tulane for a one year pharmacology program... I just found out they just opened another one year program for microbiology and immunology and they accept dat scores min of 18 in lieu of gre.. My father is pushing me to get a masters in anesthesia ( anesthesia assistant)... It's two years but requires a damn gre, which I really don't want to take..,you can't practice in some states, but in those states that you are able to practice, you'll be getting a starting salary of 120-130k a year... It's a good back up plan but will also prep well for dental school... You have to know your anesthesia in dentistry!! If you don't you gonna have patients punch you in the face then file law suits against u lol... I'm taking another dat in June 29, my third and last attempt...only reason I'm doing it in June is for UDM...maybe if I make a higher score and I send my raw scores to them, I might have a higher chance being pulled off the wait list..

Yea makes sense... Anyway if I don't get in, it'll only be because of myself... I've got admission into Tulane for a one year pharmacology program... I just found out they just opened another one year program for microbiology and immunology and they accept dat scores min of 18 in lieu of gre.. My father is pushing me to get a masters in anesthesia ( anesthesia assistant)... It's two years but requires a damn gre, which I really don't want to take..,you can't practice in some states, but in those states that you are able to practice, you'll be getting a starting salary of 120-130k a year... It's a good back up plan but will also prep well for dental school... You have to know your anesthesia in dentistry!! If you don't you gonna have patients punch you in the face then file law suits against u lol... I'm taking another dat in June 29, my third and last attempt...only reason I'm doing it in June is for UDM...maybe if I make a higher score and I send my raw scores to them, I might have a higher chance being pulled off the wait list..

Don't lose hope!! I am sure they will contact you soon. Anyways, nice back-up plan. If you don't mind me asking, what were you dat scores?

September 2012
19 AA
20 total science
20 biology
22 chemistry
19 orgo
19 perceptual
19 RC
16 QR

May 2012
18 AA
19 total science
18 biology
21 chemistry
19 orgo
21 perceptual
15 RC
19 QR

So yea I went down in QR and perceptual second time I took it... Unfortunately schools don't look at your best section scores... Attempt #3 is in a couple weeks...I hope it's better than previous attempts

September 2012
19 AA
20 total science
20 biology
22 chemistry
19 orgo
19 perceptual
19 RC
16 QR

May 2012
18 AA
19 total science
18 biology
21 chemistry
19 orgo
21 perceptual
15 RC
19 QR

So yea I went down in QR and perceptual second time I took it... Unfortunately schools don't look at your best section scores... Attempt #3 is in a couple weeks...I hope it's better than previous attempts

Overall you went up, I wouldn't worry about it so much. UFD doesn't care about QR section anyways. How did you study the second time? your science scores went up. I am thinking about retaking it third time as well. My first two attempts were not that great. I really want to know what did u use for biology, rc, and PAT.

Overall you went up, I wouldn't worry about it so much. UFD doesn't care about QR section anyways. How did you study the second time? your science scores went up. I am thinking about retaking it third time as well. My first two attempts were not that great. I really want to know what did u use for biology, rc, and PAT.

Crack the dat for pat, I actually got the program for my first attempt and the computer I had installed it on died when I made my second attempt...second time I didn't study at all and relied only on Kaplan pat prep which sucked and I think that's why I scored less on PAT section...so now I got it transferred to my new computer and am using it... For biology, I'm using cliff notes ap biology which I didn't use before, Kaplan, and just online vids from YouTube, chemistry I'm just mainly using Kaplan, organic I used Kaplan but am going to find my old organic chem as a second language book for both orgo 1 &2...I've heard it's the best prep...for RC Kaplan strategies helped second time round...QR idk crack the dat and Kaplan both this time around...I'm hating it so far...get maybe 3-4 hrs studying daily...need to really up it up...

I've heard mixed things about Canadian schools and how they are expected to impact the wait list at UDM. Anyone care to chime in?

Is it true that a couple of the Canadian schools still have not filled many of their seats?

Are there people already accepted at Canadian schools but have not withdrawn from UDM?

I'm just confused since I expected to hear about more wait list movement by now.

Lol I was set to attend tufts biomedical masters program... I almost lost hope!! Thank God I don't have to take another dat!!!!

Lol I was set to attend tufts biomedical masters program... I almost lost hope!! Thank God I don't have to take another dat!!!!

Congratulation drshadifar. You really wanted it and you got it. I am happy for you.

Do you mind me asking if you have contacted the school while on the alternate list to express your interest in their program? Like a letter of intent to register if offered a spot.

Do you have any advice of anything special that one can do to boost his/her chance of getting accepted from the alternate list at this point?

I just wanted to share this with you so you can compare it to your cases and see where you fit.I had my interview on Jan 26, in that interview they told me if you get accepted, you will be on the waiting list. Then I received email from them on Feb 21 saying that I've been accepted on their waiting list. After that I received a call from Dr. Jeffers on Apr 1 offering me a position.

I have a feeling someone here is going to get a call very soon...

You are right! lol
I received a call from Dr. Jeffers today around noon. I am accepting the offer.
I am Canadian too by the way.

You are right! lol
I received a call from Dr. Jeffers today around noon. I am accepting the offer.
I am Canadian too by the way.

Congrats!

I wonder if they try to maintain a certain number of Canadians or if that's just a coincidence.

Thank you everyone. I do not think it is a Canadian for a Canadian policy. I just think it happened that I was on the top of the alternate list when a spot opened.
By the way my states, for whoever is interested, are:
Canadian DAT: 21 for all the subcategories except General Chem 22.
cGPA: 3.80 sGPA: higher than the cumulative.
Finished undergrad then Engineering Master degree.

Those are very impressive stats! I'm surprised they even wait listed you, but I guess it's even more competitive for Canadians.

got a rejection letter today from ufd. I am sad!! Hopefully, I will get in next year.

For those who were accepted, did you guys received anything in the mail?

I hope to see more movement in the wait list... plzzzzz soon

Hey anyone looking for a room mate in windsor PM me (class of 2016).

Got a call from Dr. Jeffers today. I am accepting the offer. Already sent in my deposit in the mail. Good luck to the people who are still waiting to hear.

For those who were accepted, did you guys received anything in the mail?

I just realized I haven't mentioned I was accepted! I didn't receive a phone call...I was informed by email.

I guess two people were accepted last week, so the waitlist is definitely moving!!