The WWatering Hole Bar Grand Opening - Game Thread.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have been shattered, ground down, and now burned, all times as a villager, does this officially not clear me?! What else can be done to clear me?!

Since you asked....

images

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If a mod-mistake occurred, most mods will acknowledge it in thread in a general sense, since it obviously effects game-play.

Some won't. I dunno Trilt's position on it.

~Multiple mod mistakes occurred on both mine and trilt's side. In particular 3m is right we forgot to incorporate the fact that 3m stole BBC's ability last night~

Reactions: 3 users
*runs in* If I'm not too late I'll be raising a toast to the village tonight, which for me is actually today. Phew, okay, gotta run again, about to head out for tea. We'll be driving back to Adelaide tomorrow so not sure what day/night cycle I'll be back on presuming I don't turn up dead in the meantime. Lucky the internet in the hotel is better than I thought.

Oh and...

Contingency lynch Britzen

on top of feels, etc, that mover business just sounds too wolfish intel for my liking.

Reactions: 1 user
As far as other candidates go...
These are the claims we have right now:

LIS - vanilla
Cray - vanilla
Ceke - write-up thing
3m - thief
Ski - innocent child
Ritz - probably the one making the little communication groups I would think
BBC - linked with PBC
Me - night cancel, used

And I wasn't of the opinion that it was being used in a villager type way at the beginning of the game...haven't been paying attention recently.

As 3M confirmed, making a temporary pm group is my ability. I basically spent the game pairing up one person I thought was probably village with somebody who I had doubts about or didn't have any reads on one way or another (with an exception of the first night when I just RNG'ed it because my role wasn't clear about what would happen, it just said that it would cause two people to "make bad decisions together"). I was hoping that some things would shake lose in pms or that somebody would slip up, the way cray was talking about in an earlier post. Here's the list of people I paired (likely villager first):

Ski/STL (RNG)
LIS/Cray (sorry LIS)
LoTF/Cyndia
PBC/Allie
Ski/Raf (Cyndia redirected this and it ended up with 3M/Raf)
PBC/DVMD (PBC died, so ended up just being DVM)

Not sure what WZ means by not used in a villager type way? I definitely disrupted the communication in their group on D4 (or 3?), so sorry about that - it definitely wasn't my intention and I chose to leave everyone in that group alone afterward. LoTF knew what my ability was and I offered to move her into a group with somebody who seemed suspicious to one or both of us - she chose cyndia because she seemed fishy and the most likely person out of the maybe-wolves who would actually talk to her in pm.

I really don't think that this can be construed as wolfy intel fishing (seems like there would have been much more effective ways to construct pm groups if that was the purpose), but WZ thought it seemed non-village at the beginning, so maybe I'm wrong there.

If anybody wants the chance to pm with somebody else, let me know and I'll move you.

As 3M confirmed, making a temporary pm group is my ability. I basically spent the game pairing up one person I thought was probably village with somebody who I had doubts about or didn't have any reads on one way or another (with an exception of the first night when I just RNG'ed it because my role wasn't clear about what would happen, it just said that it would cause two people to "make bad decisions together"). I was hoping that some things would shake lose in pms or that somebody would slip up, the way cray was talking about in an earlier post. Here's the list of people I paired (likely villager first):

Ski/STL (RNG)
LIS/Cray (sorry LIS)
LoTF/Cyndia
PBC/Allie
Ski/Raf (Cyndia redirected this and it ended up with 3M/Raf)
PBC/DVMD (PBC died, so ended up just being DVM)

Not sure what WZ means by not used in a villager type way? I definitely disrupted the communication in their group on D4 (or 3?), so sorry about that - it definitely wasn't my intention and I chose to leave everyone in that group alone afterward. LoTF knew what my ability was and I offered to move her into a group with somebody who seemed suspicious to one or both of us - she chose cyndia because she seemed fishy and the most likely person out of the maybe-wolves who would actually talk to her in pm.

I really don't think that this can be construed as wolfy intel fishing (seems like there would have been much more effective ways to construct pm groups if that was the purpose), but WZ thought it seemed non-village at the beginning, so maybe I'm wrong there.

If anybody wants the chance to pm with somebody else, let me know and I'll move you.
Wasn't about who you paired up necessarily (well, except the LIS/Cray pair, not sure why you thought that would be a good idea considering on-thread statements), more about breaking up communications. Especially moving Cyndia when you did. That is part of what led to that whole snafu.

I haven't had any issues with LIS in PM, he seems to tolerate me well enough. In general he's been pretty patient with answering a lot of my noobier questions.

If I really thought LIS was village, and I thought someone was cray cray sketchballs, I would have him as my good pick for sorting that out.

This was posted at 6:36 pm. I know you're on PST, but still... Impressively late!

I went to bed around 3:30 am, I think my last posts were around 2 am.

That's why I get upset *every* game, where I've always been villager, (like 6, I think) where people start talking about lynching me over my weird hours.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wasn't about who you paired up necessarily (well, except the LIS/Cray pair, not sure why you thought that would be a good idea considering on-thread statements), more about breaking up communications. Especially moving Cyndia when you did. That is part of what led to that whole snafu.

LIS/Cray did seem like a bit of an odd couple, but I figured cray would pester LIS regardless in pm, so maybe they'd actually have a few messages (instead of LIS just not initiating and saying nothing all day, which might have happened anyway, tbh). LIS was the only person I really had leaning village at that point, which is why I picked him. My top 3 wolf candidates were ceke, genny, and cray. Genny looked like she was headed to a lynching anyway, so that seemed like a waste. Ceke I ended up never pairing with anybody during the game because somebody mentioned pm'ing with her on thread, so I didn't feel like it was necessary.

I had no way of knowing that you/STL/cyndia would be so involved in pms, or that it would be quite as disruptive as it was... Moving people didn't seem quite that catastrophic last game, and it's my only reference for WW. The only option I would have other than making pairings would be to sit on the ability and just not use it the entire game. (Which sounds like it is maybe the better option for the village.)

Reactions: 1 users
LIS/Cray did seem like a bit of an odd couple, but I figured cray would pester LIS regardless in pm, so maybe they'd actually have a few messages (instead of LIS just not initiating and saying nothing all day, which might have happened anyway, tbh). LIS was the only person I really had leaning village at that point, which is why I picked him. My top 3 wolf candidates were ceke, genny, and cray. Genny looked like she was headed to a lynching anyway, so that seemed like a waste. Ceke I ended up never pairing with anybody during the game because somebody mentioned pm'ing with her on thread, so I didn't feel like it was necessary.

I had no way of knowing that you/STL/cyndia would be so involved in pms, or that it would be quite as disruptive as it was... Moving people didn't seem quite that catastrophic last game, and it's my only reference for WW. The only option I would have other than making pairings would be to sit on the ability and just not use it the entire game. (Which sounds like it is maybe the better option for the village.)
To be fair my early comments on it were before I knew who had the ability. I can give you some leeway on it for not knowing the likely communication networks you were breaking up.

In any case the ability itself is not necessarily village by nature and process of elimination doesn't leave me many options for the (hopefully) last wolf.

Contingency lynch Ceke

Same reasons as before, plus the fishing for intel that she seems to have done in light of DVM's ability.

Somebody (Ski?) mentioned that ceke seemed like she was fishing for intel in chat. Would be interested to hear more about that.

Also looked back at the 20 questions nonsense since that seems like a great way to get people to tell you things they don't mean to. Turns out genny started it and AM spent a lot of time asking what kind of drink she was. Super sketch in hindsight with the DVM beer info:

Are you a beer?

No. I'm not sure why that's relevant.

With a quick search of the thread, there are only two other people who have declared what type of drink they are as far as I saw: ceke (completely out of nowhere, text below) and WZ (in response to asking why allie's liquor role would be sketchy since hers was the same). WZ's seems (maybe) like an innocent off the cuff remark, but ceke's looks like it could have been an attempt to get others to say "me too!" or "so what, I'm a vodka" given how far out of left field it came. (Or maybe I'm getting into Crayola conspiracy theory territory, I dunno. But I don't like it.)

Here's the posts

And if you want full disclosure. I am a Heddura Tequila, I am expensive, bring class to the bar, but can cause people to get lost and confused when they drink me (paraphrased). Also villager.

Unless we know what cheezit/trout realllllyyyy hate, I don't really see how role names would help too much.

Honesty points.

I'm jiving with the rest but why is being tequila bad? I'm also tequila.

I haven't had any issues with LIS in PM, he seems to tolerate me well enough. In general he's been pretty patient with answering a lot of my noobier questions.

would be interested to hear what you and @LetItSnow think of each other based on your pms

Especially moving Cyndia when you did. That is part of what led to that whole snafu.

As one last comment in my defense on this part, I really didn't know what a d*** STL was (he was mod-killed for non-participation last game). Never would have guessed he'd go nuclear after one day of not being able to talk to somebody.

would be interested to hear what you and @LetItSnow think of each other based on your pms

LIS' thoughts are likely more useful since I already said in thread, but I'll say again, he was willing to engage and seemed totally normal

I have nothing from PM to support my suspicions of him
he is totally self consistent between the thread and the PM

I'm only suspicious of him because of the way that he and DVMD were "jiving" on thread imo via the posts they both liked, I feel he came to DVMD's defense a few times, and his tunneling of Ceke, and the fact he feels "logic lite" this game, feels like we're getting less analysis, village pointers, and interest in wolf hunting from him

besides all that, which could all be village, he seems very village

I don't want my perception of a connection between him and DVMD to lead to anything.... unless of course that connection is real

I definitely squinted when Ceke revealed what booze she was... it seemed odd.

contingency lynch Ceke

assuming I live past morning. I am wondering what the morning will bring as far as confirming/denying my feelz on who is villager at this point.

I am side-eying Ceke, Britz, LIS, WZ, skiotter the most. But with 8 players, likely 2 wolves, a list of 5 isn't really narrowing it down helpfully, I realize. Let's see what the morning brings.

~NIGHT CLOSED~

tumblr_n8cp5zEdW71qjq7hxo1_500.gif
Unfortunately our friend Jack is so right, its a tragedy when the rum is gone. Especially such a fine Captain as @mmmdreamerz who was found empty with not a spot of liquor left in her.

24. @mmmdreamerz - Captain Morgan Rum who could steal one person's ability each night and use it the following night.
It is now Day 8. Lynch closes 2200 EST.

_ _ __ ___ ____ ______ __________ ______ ____ ___ __ _ _

Roster

(Lonely) Hearts
1. @LetItSnow

Spades

2. @TheGirlWithTheFernTattoo
9. @Ceke2002

Diamonds
14. @WildZoo

Clubs
22. @britzen
8. @SkiOtter
10. @Crayola227

19. @Animal Midwife - Southern Tier Pumking Beer
20. @tartesos - Malibu "Rum"
13. @genny - Jack Daniels Whiskey
16. @Jilary - Strongbow Cider
3. @SnowshoeDog143 - St. George Absinthe
11. @finnickthedog - Water
4. @rabbott1971 - Tanqueray Gin
12. @SummerTheLynx - Angel's Envy Whiskey
23. @PippyPony - Pabst Blue Ribbon Beer
17. @allieh8607 - Jose Cuervo Tequila
6. @Kam325 - Blue Moon Beer
15. @Cyndia - Josh Wine
21. @LadyOtheFarm - Raleigh Rum Company Rum
18. @raf2769 - Guinness Beer
5. @PrincessButterCup - Maker's Mark Whiskey
7. @DVMDream - Johnnie Walker Whiskey
24. @mmmdreamerz - Captain Morgan Rum

P.S. someone would like to say:
14e8jus.gif

People make too much of this arguing ****.

It's a game, and the game is designed around conflict. So yeah, there's arguing, yelling, bull**** taunting, whatever. But it's still just a game and it's all meaningless. I can call STL a lying, manipulative, bull-**** artist SuperSpy and still like him.

It's no different than when my 90-year-old grandma used to call people "pond scum" when we'd play cards.

I went to bed around 3:30 am, I think my last posts were around 2 am.

That's why I get upset *every* game, where I've always been villager, (like 6, I think) where people start talking about lynching me over my weird hours.

Try being an ER doctor where you're super active for a few days while you're off work, then you go on a multi-day stretch of 14+ hr shifts, effectively vanish, and people declare "YOUR PLAY CHANGED! YOU MUST BE A WOLF!"

Or you have a history of being late to games because of the above, and then for once you show up on time and play on D1, and people are all "OMG! TOTALLY NOT NORMAL! WOLF!"

LIS/Cray did seem like a bit of an odd couple, but I figured cray would pester LIS regardless in pm, so maybe they'd actually have a few messages (instead of LIS just not initiating and saying nothing all day, which might have happened anyway, tbh).

Can't deny this is exactly how it played out.

Last edited:

Didn't push me one way or the other. Didn't get a wolf vibe, but nothing was said to make me think "villager!"

In retrospect (i.e. after re-reading it now) Cray's question about Ceke (see below) seems a little odd - I mean, my thoughts are probably pretty obvious, right? But other than that, seems pretty innocuous to me.

But here, you can decide for yourself.

Crayola: hey thought I'd open this up with you
I enjoyed PM'ing with you last game it was very useful I thought
I'm still getting caught up on thread
what are your thoughts on Ceke?

Crayola: crap, it wasn't you that told me you are categorically against PM'ing?
wasn't that DVM?
I'm trying really hard not to make brains hurt
I just feel like I have info about stuff that would be best done in small PM groups than on the open thread

Crayola: My night one results were "you feel a cold chill, but then it passed."
Not too sure what to make of this.

CheezyD: For the record I almost died laughing when I received the action that lumped you two together, the people I was drinking with couldn't understand why I couldn't breathe XD

Crayola: Cray cray LeTits? Sounds like a good stripper name

LeTitsNow: I'm not categorically against PM'ing. That's DVMD.
But I do tend to limit it and not use it a ton - I like info in the thread.
In this particular case, it doesn't matter much: I got no useful info to share. :)

LeTitsNow (in response to CheezyD): I'm annoyed. I liked being the only solo drinker. You know. The crazy old guy with the messed-up hair, sweater vest, and urine smell sitting in a booth in the corner mumbling under his breath (with occasional outbursts of swearing) drinking from a bottle of cheap-ass wine all night long.....

Crayola: lmao
I could be wrong, but I'm starting to get the feeling this may be a heavy PM game
we're not very far in, but it seems like with not only a bunch of roster moves but these special PM boxes...

I dont know about Trilt games, but I really get the feeling that as a mod, Mel would get lots of lulz from being in on everything and watching us flounder from the additional in-the-dark he said/she said that I could see happening in a game with mechanics meant to skew it more towards PM'ing

I'm not sure what are the best ways to use/not use this, in the few games I've played, when the mods set it up for PM'ing and people stay quiet... it sucks

I'll share this pet theory on the thread

is it better for villagers to be pretty forthcoming about what goes on in PMs (aside from outing crucial roles, duh), not use the PMs much, or use them but keep pretty quiet about it?

LeTitsNow: Well, that kinda depends on how clever you are, and what the info is. I mean, it's too general a question to answer.

In general, I'm not clever, so I don't try and pull STL Super Spy moves. If I was in the army, I'd be a grunt with a bazooka. That's why I'm an ER doc - nothing subtle about ER work.

LIS' thoughts are likely more useful since I already said in thread, but I'll say again, he was willing to engage and seemed totally normal

I have nothing from PM to support my suspicions of him
he is totally self consistent between the thread and the PM

I'm only suspicious of him because of the way that he and DVMD were "jiving" on thread imo via the posts they both liked, I feel he came to DVMD's defense a few times, and his tunneling of Ceke, and the fact he feels "logic lite" this game, feels like we're getting less analysis, village pointers, and interest in wolf hunting from him

besides all that, which could all be village, he seems very village

I don't want my perception of a connection between him and DVMD to lead to anything.... unless of course that connection is real

FWIW, my takeaway from the PMs were the same. CrayCray was consistent. Even down to the bit about whether things should be in PMs or in thread - I think he/she posted that in the main thread as well. *shrug*

DVMD probably seemed like we 'jived' because we have played together for years, we talk outside the game some, and we are similarly cynical and jaded. I came to her defense because her play seemed typically village to me. I won't apologize for that. Is what it is - she's a good enough player to fool me easily.

Actually, wait a sec.

Did I really come to her defense?? Where? I'm pretty sure that when I was asked about her I was ambivalent - not that I outright defended her.

CrayCray, are you putting words in my mouth?

The Dead's Unofficial Lynch Tally

britzen (1) - Ceke
Ceke (3) - britzen, Crayola, LIS

4/7
lynch close in 10 hours

@Crayola227 ....

I want you to justify your comment that I "came to DVMD's defense". As far as I can recollect, I was pretty steady with my "no idea; she seems to be village, but I can't tell" feelings on her all game. That isn't a defense of her.

Just seems like you're trying to draw a connection that isn't justified, which of course makes me wonder why....

Last edited:
lynch ceke

@LetItSnow Can I lynch you if Ceke isn't a wolf? Just wondering :p

(90% joking)

You can lynch me whether Ceke is a wolf or not, you know that. But if Ceke is not a wolf, I'm kinda hoping the remaining wolf/wolves will just do me the courtesy of putting me down tonight. :)

I might be tunneling. Sure. I admit it. But I've wanted to lynch Ceke all game and I ain't stoppin' now. :)

Don't know what it's about and couldn't tell you what night number it was, but I felt it the Saturday to Sunday night (that one might've been n2 actually?)
SO you got that result Sunday morning? That's the same time I got it.

Weirdness. I want to know what it meeeaaaans.
Possibility it has something to do with the pm group changes? Crayons supposedly got it the night I moved, I got it the night I moved back and she moved out, you got it the night STL moved back. That's the only obvious link I can find that would explain why multiple people got that message on the same night.

Possibility it has something to do with the pm group changes? Crayons supposedly got it the night I moved, I got it the night I moved back and she moved out, you got it the night STL moved back. That's the only obvious link I can find that would explain why multiple people got that message on the same night.
Maybe it was wolf seering? And the double night was due to boost?

(Can't remember enough of who did what to who with what ability what night)

My amusement is lacking! :mad:

Revive me! I'll provide entertainment. :)
I vote you revive me instead. DVMD had her turn, and I was only alive a short time. I think it would be totally fair to bring me back now! I have plenty to say! :nod:

I vote you revive me instead. DVMD had her turn, and I was only alive a short time. I think it would be totally fair to bring me back now! I have plenty to say! :nod:

We could both be revived! Massive amounts of entertainment! :)

Good Melbourne Morning folks, we're just about to hit the road and it looks like I'll be arriving dead - well in the game at least, not in real life 'cause that would be bad. The gif message was toast to the village for catching the alpha wolf, glad I could be a part of that even if all I did was put in a
lynch vote.

See you on the flip side. :)