Tufts c/o 2016 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i'm rooting for you orca2011, both for tufts and penn!!!!!

:xf::luck::xf::luck: :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I received an OOS interview invite today and will be turning it down tomorrow. I was accepted to my in state (CSU) which just makes more sense for me in every way. However, I am sad to not visit Tufts as I hear it is beautiful. Hopefully TigerWillow or dreid1492 will get my interview, so stay positive!

Members don't see this ad :)
I received an OOS interview invite today and will be turning it down tomorrow. I was accepted to my in state (CSU) which just makes more sense for me in every way. However, I am sad to not visit Tufts as I hear it is beautiful. Hopefully TigerWillow or dreid1492 will get my interview, so stay positive!

Here's hoping! Congrats on the CSU acceptance!

I know this is a long shot for Tufts to even look at me, but anyways.. are they sending interview invites to your permanent address or your current?

I know this is a long shot for Tufts to even look at me, but anyways.. are they sending interview invites to your permanent address or your current?

I just got an email from them regarding the interview schedule. It says that letters were sent to your mailing address. If you have questions I would contact them, they've been super friendly and helpful.

Mailing address?? I have 2 of those unfortunately. I'm scared to contact them.. I think I'm afraid they will tell me I've been rejected.

so... based on your encouragement, I think I'll bring my parents ...but... how many of you stayed with a student host?

so... based on your encouragement, I think I'll bring my parents ...but... how many of you stayed with a student host?
I stayed at a bed and breakfast but it's up to you. The 2 student contacts were very helpful with questions. whatever is more comfortable for you!

Mailing address?? I have 2 of those unfortunately. I'm scared to contact them.. I think I'm afraid they will tell me I've been rejected.
I know mine got sent to my mailing address aka my school one last year. the USPS/my school lost it for over a week. I'd email or call. They're very nice about that stuff!

Nothing for me today either. But I did have a dream last night about getting an acceptance letter. Premonition?? I sure hope so, but I doubt it.

Nothing for me today either. But I did have a dream last night about getting an acceptance letter. Premonition?? I sure hope so, but I doubt it.

Sorry Orca. It's not over til it's over. Maybe your dream will still come true (and mine, too).:xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats on everyone that got an invite! Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone on the interview waitlist. No mail for me yet either, I was waitlisted for an interview last year but I didn't end up getting an interview. Hoping for an outright interview this year!

They said that while some letters were sent last week, the bulk of them will be sent throughout this week. So hang in there, no need to panic yet.

They said that while some letters were sent last week, the bulk of them will be sent throughout this week. So hang in there, no need to panic yet.
Interviews were sent out this week or rejections.....?

I am in New Orleans and haven't heard anything yet either..... im hoping but feel that i probably wont get one.

My understanding was that denies, acceptances, and waitlists are all still being sent out

Gosh...I didn't know there was a waitlist for interviews.

Gosh...I didn't know there was a waitlist for interviews.
Yeah.....don't panic yet though!
Hang tight, gang! Luck and best wishes to everyone!!

Still :xf: for everyone! For those who were waitlisted for interviews, don't fret! I work with a doctor who just graduated from Tufts 2 years ago. She was also waitlisted for interviews, got an interview, and then was put on the waitlist again. Two days before classes started, she got a call saying she was accepted! Try and stay positive!

I just withdrew my application from Tufts, Michigan State, Auburn, and Iowa State so hopefully this will open up another spot for you guys! Good luck everyone! :xf::luck:

I just withdrew my application from Tufts, Michigan State, Auburn, and Iowa State so hopefully this will open up another spot for you guys! Good luck everyone! :xf::luck:

Good to know! Man this bites

I've been staying off SDN this week to try and preserve some sanity, but finally gave in today. I spoke to the admissions counselor, Ford, who is apparently the new Laura (for anyone who knew Laura, I am sad she's gone, she was SO sweet!) and he confirmed that the bulk of letters are going out this week. I called to ask about fall grades - while I'm long since done with prereqs, I wanted to give them mine and they were JUST released today. He had me email them so he had the unofficial update, and said they'd add them officially once the transcript arrived.

Fingers crossed. I've been losing my mind this week - still nothing and the mailman already came.

You're not the only one-- I'm checking my email every 15 minutes and stalking my mailman. Still haven't gotten a letter (im W coast FL).

So, I got an interview invite for 2/6 that I'm still having a hard time believing is real :D and I just had a quick question regarding the itinerary, when do the actual interviews take place? Are they just dispersed throughout the day and you find out when you get there?

So, I got an interview invite for 2/6 that I'm still having a hard time believing is real :D and I just had a quick question regarding the itinerary, when do the actual interviews take place? Are they just dispersed throughout the day and you find out when you get there?

if i remember correctly, i think they're scheduled for every hour? i.e. mine was at 10am, the next one was at 11am, and they have several interviews going on at once (different pairs of interviewers). for me, my interview time was included in my interview invite email but i'm not sure how they do it for the february interviews (i got one of the early interviews in december, never received invite in mail everything was through email).

if anyone has questions about the actual interview itself just let me know! :)

My interview time was included in my snail mail letter :)

Ok, I probably read through the letter too frantically to actually retain anything that it said haha, I'll have to check that when I get home. Thanks :)

Heylo interviewees & hopefuls: interview itinerary - last year (and anyone who had that Dec. interview can add what they will as well!) there is a day plan (that's why guests are encouraged). If you just want to show up for the interview, they set aside one hour for each interviewee. makes sense.

I'm so excited that invites, times and such are starting to pick up. WAHOO!!!! :D Best of luck to all - I can't wait to meet my future classmates!!!! :luck::xf::luck:

I just got my interview invite today. It is dated 1/5 but postmarked 1/12. I had been traveling for the past week and I pretty much lost all hope when I arrived home yesterday and didn't find a letter waiting for me. I don't think I've ever been so excited/relieved :D.

I'm in Southern California and got an email about the interview this morning and when I got home I had a snailmail letter this afternoon. The letter is dated the 5th and the post mark was the 10th.

I still have not heard a thing from Tufts. This is a long weekend, so I guess I can't count on any more mail until Tuesday. It's getting frustrating waiting. Anyone else still in limbo with regard to Tufts status?

I still have not heard a thing from Tufts. This is a long weekend, so I guess I can't count on any more mail until Tuesday. It's getting frustrating waiting. Anyone else still in limbo with regard to Tufts status?
Yup still in limbo here. i called yesterday and they said all letters have gone out and that my letter went out on wed/Thursday so i hope to hear something by today! :xf:

It's getting frustrating waiting. Anyone else still in limbo with regard to Tufts status?

Yes it is. B, hang tough, and I'll keep my fingers crossed for good news for you in the next few days.
:xf:

LaylaPhone - I already got today's mail with now news. I guess I'll get something on Tuesday.

KM - Trying to hang in there. How about you? PM me anytime.

Just got completely blindsided. Had my dad call me today if I got a letter from Tufts since I'm Syracuse dropping my sister off back at school. Apparently I got a letter, so I had him read it to me. I haven't seen the actual letter yet, but I've apparently been rejected. Ended up giving the phone to my mom cause I started bawling in the lobby of my sister's dorm. Soooo was not expecting that when I got wait listed last year and was told if either my grades or experience had a little extra to it, I would have probably been okay. Had like 80 hrs vet experience last year and now have at least 700. I'm just at a complete loss.

Good luck everyone on either waiting for an interview or on your interviews. I loved the school, so I'm taking this one pretty hard compared to others.

Just got completely blindsided. Had my dad call me today if I got a letter from Tufts since I'm Syracuse dropping my sister off back at school. Apparently I got a letter, so I had him read it to me. I haven't seen the actual letter yet, but I've apparently been rejected. Ended up giving the phone to my mom cause I started bawling in the lobby of my sister's dorm. Soooo was not expecting that when I got wait listed last year and was told if either my grades or experience had a little extra to it, I would have probably been okay. Had like 80 hrs vet experience last year and now have at least 700. I'm just at a complete loss.

Good luck everyone on either waiting for an interview or on your interviews. I loved the school, so I'm taking this one pretty hard compared to others.

OMG I am so so so sorry. I really thought you were a shoe in. I really don't know how these things work because I've been waitlisted at one school that I thought was a long shot and rejected by one that I thought I had a fighting chance. I hope things look up for you, and you do fantastic on your other interviews. Don't give up hope.

Xoxo,
TW

I'm so sorry orca... that sucks balls. It's the worst when it feels like you're doing worse than before, but please don't take it too personally. I don't think it necessarily means that you did anything wrong, or that you didn't improve, or that they thought you were any less deserving. More than anything else, it probably means that this year's batch of applicants were stronger than last year's.

I'm so sorry Ocra :( I just got my rejection in the mail today too... Tufts was my IS and my first choice... I'm devastated as well :'(

Thanks TigerWillow and Minnerbelle. I'm trying not to take it personally, and I'm sure you're right in that they just had a ton of more qualified applicants but it definitely sucks balls. I tried not to go into this cycle with any expectations based on last years cycle, but it's kind of impossible to prevent yourself from developing a few. All I can do from here on out is make sure I rock the interviews I do have. I do hope that whoever is the open-file person in my Penn interview doesn't ask about Tufts this year since they know about me being wait listed last year. I might start crying in the middle of the interview and I'm not sure how well that would be taken. Haha.

Last edited:
Orca and Spoon - Such bad news. I haven't gotten anything from Tufts, but at this point I'm losing hope for an interview. I am expecting the rejection on Tuesday in the mail. You both have other great prospects, so put Tufts behind you and move forward. You will both go to great schools and become great vets.

Regrets and sympathies to Spoon and orca. :( I'm so sorry to hear this news. Are you still waiting on others, Spoon? And orca, just do your best at the UPenn interview. Be strong and don't let this rejection bring you down. It really IS hard not to bank on how last year was and build on expectations because of it. Keep the spirits up and try not to take any of the decisions too personally.

Best of luck to you both!!! :luck::xf: and :biglove: to everyone still waiting! I hope there's some good news soon.

I just got my rejection in the mail today too... Tufts was my IS and my first choice... I'm devastated as well :'(

Thanks TigerWillow and Minnerbelle. I'm trying not to take it personally, and I'm sure you're right in that they just had a ton of more qualified applicants but it definitely sucks balls. I tried not to go into this cycle with any expectations based on last years cycle, but it's kind of impossible to prevent yourself from developing a few. All I can do from here on out is make sure I rock the interviews I do have. I do hope that whoever is the open-file person in my Penn interview doesn't ask about Tufts this year since they know about me being wait listed last year. I might start crying in the middle of the interview and I'm not sure how well that would be taken. Haha.
Regrets and sypmathies

Hey there,
I'm so sorry to hear that you were not accepted this year, but I also wanted to say do not give up hope!! :) I was in a very similar situation, wait-listed at Tufts my first year, rejected my second, and accepted the third year of applying! I am currently nose-deep in classes at Tufts, and am glad things turned out the way they did - I'm not sure I would have been ready had I got in the first time around. Do not give up, if it's what you truly want to do, keep fighting for it! Be sure to have a meeting with the admissions office about your application - they can give you great insight into what you need to improve (even if you did it last year, do it again this year!). If you reapply next year, start over. Make a totally new application. Re-fill in the paperwork, be as accurate as you can be. Get new/additional letters of rec. Do not submit the same essays - be sure to write new ones, have all your friends/family read it and give feedback. Consider taking a few upper level classes, working on your GRE, or anything you can do to show that this is what you want and you are willing to do whatever it takes. The admissions committee takes note of these improvements and will be more likely to accept you. But whatever you do, DO NOT GIVE UP! :) Again, I am so sorry to hear that it did not work out this year, but truly, keep fighting, and it will work out in the end!! :)

Hey there,
I'm so sorry to hear that you were not accepted this year, but I also wanted to say do not give up hope!! :) I was in a very similar situation, wait-listed at Tufts my first year, rejected my second, and accepted the third year of applying! I am currently nose-deep in classes at Tufts, and am glad things turned out the way they did - I'm not sure I would have been ready had I got in the first time around. Do not give up, if it's what you truly want to do, keep fighting for it! Be sure to have a meeting with the admissions office about your application - they can give you great insight into what you need to improve (even if you did it last year, do it again this year!). If you reapply next year, start over. Make a totally new application. Re-fill in the paperwork, be as accurate as you can be. Get new/additional letters of rec. Do not submit the same essays - be sure to write new ones, have all your friends/family read it and give feedback. Consider taking a few upper level classes, working on your GRE, or anything you can do to show that this is what you want and you are willing to do whatever it takes. The admissions committee takes note of these improvements and will be more likely to accept you. But whatever you do, DO NOT GIVE UP! :) Again, I am so sorry to hear that it did not work out this year, but truly, keep fighting, and it will work out in the end!! :)

I just got rejected from Tufts and was completely heartbroken when I read the letter. Loved your post...It definitely gives me feelings of hope!

On the other hand, Orca has interviews coming up at other schools, so I think that if she is successful at one of those, she should accept the admission and go there rather than refuse it and reapply to Tufts again next year. I know Tufts is great, but I would go to Penn if I didn't get into Tufts for sure. (Orca...don't mean to discuss you like you aren't here or something).

Oh, I completely agree! :) If you/anyone have interviews elsewhere, keep going! Stay focused on those for now! Anywhere you go, you will get a terrific veterinary education. In the end, the experiences are what you make of them!

But if this particular year doesn't work out in terms of admissions, full speed ahead for next application cycle! Just don't give up on the veterinary dream, if it's what you really want!

On the other hand, Orca has interviews coming up at other schools, so I think that if she is successful at one of those, she should accept the admission and go there rather than refuse it and reapply to Tufts again next year. I know Tufts is great, but I would go to Penn if I didn't get into Tufts for sure. (Orca...don't mean to discuss you like you aren't here or something).

Haha, don't worry. I'm not offended or anything.