VMCVM c/o 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
In state and just received an interview for Sunday!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats, guys! :clap:

I just got mine a few minutes ago. Interviewing on Sunday!

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS and nothing. Where will the status be listed in the portal, under the Application Summary?

Edit: Got an e-mail. OOS Waitlisted.

Stats:
BS Neuroscience- Honors College
Cum 3.26
Science 3.06
155V 159Q 3.5W GRE
~3200 hrs SA vet/sx assistant
~4600 hrs SA internship (lived above a clinic as an on-site intern for 3 years. Cared for hospitalized/post-op patients by myself after the clinic closed, on-call to assist in after-hour surgeries, etc.)
Among other shadowing/work experiences.

Note:
My GPA plummeted after the 1st semester I began my internship. Overwhelmed myself by enrolling full-time at school, dual-enrolling at the community college, working 30hrs/wk to afford school, plus the full-time internship where I basically never slept (Having to perform treatments for patients throughout the night and my apt bedroom being right above the kennel area. Cue the barking kennel dogs allll night!) Failed a class at my undergrad (biochem...) and one at the community college that semester. Learned my lesson of taking on too much. From there I persevered and found balance in school/internship/working. Tried explaining that in my explanation statement--just have to hope committee members will understand!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I'm not seeing anything at all in my portal. It was just an email. I hope you OOSers start hearing soon. Fingers crossed for you!

Also what do people's last names begin with? Any chance they are going down the list alphabetically?

Edit: never mind! Heard back OOS wait list

Last edited:
So excited-- got an interview for Saturday!!!

Edit: I'm IS and my last name starts with 'D'. I got my e-mail at 2:30 on the dot. Fingers crossed to all those who still haven't heard!!

Reactions: 3 users
Lol, please let us know if you plan to attend this interview by 12/11/15 at 8am.

Let me hop in my time machine.

Reactions: 7 users
Got an interview for the 16th!! OOS. Last name starts with S. Interview came at 2:28.

Congrats to those with interviews! :) I am OOS and just got an email that I have been put on the wait list. (For those who are curious cGPA:3.76, science: 3.65, Small animal veterinary experience: 720hrs, Idexx research experience: 1170 hours, large animal experience: 1000hrs., volunteering/other: 2000 hrs.)

I got an invite!!

Got marked as an alternate as well. Anyone know how many people are put on the waitlist?

Members don't see this ad :)
Can the people who received interview invitations please post stats?

Just received interview invite.

MD resident
B.S. Biomedical Engineering GPA 3.60
M.S. Mechanical Engineering GPA 3.85
160Q 162V 33MCAT (if that matters)
2600hrs paid shelter vet tech
200hrs volunteer shelter vet tech
100hrs shadowing ambulatory equine vet

OOS alternate as well. At least we finally have answers though!

1089 qualified OOS applicants though holy cow!

OOS alternate

3.97 cum GPA, 3.97 science GPA, 153V, 157 Q, 4.5W, 2500 hrs SA and some other stuff lol

Does everyone end up on the waitlist or do they reject people?

Reactions: 3 users
last year they put 'everyone' on waiting list instead of rejecting them:/

Woohoo IS invite!!

Reactions: 1 users
IS interview for Sunday the 17th!

Mine said 1437

Huh, that's weird. Mine says "There were 1089 qualified out of state applicants who applied this cycle and the admissions committee had very difficult decisions to make regarding invitations to interview."

Either way, that's a lot of applicants! Those who received interviews should be very proud!

OOS alternate

3.97 cum GPA, 3.97 science GPA, 153V, 157 Q, 4.5W, 2500 hrs SA and some other stuff lol

I'm similar to you (slightly lower GPA and higher GRE) and was alternate as well... Their average accepted OOS GPA is quite low, I don't really understand what they are looking for. Could anyone with an interview post their stats please? :)

I think that's in state versus out of state numbers!
I guess the 1437 is total applicants and 1036? was just out of state.
Wow that's an insane amount of OOS.
I'm included in IS as a WV contract applicant

OOS Interview invite.
non-trad.
undergrad GPA 3.0
Post bac GPA 3.97
cGPA 3.2
last 45 3.7
GRE Q157 V156 A4
Experience 24,000 hours as a full time farrier
about 10,000 hours spread between Food animal, Equine Vets, warmblood breeding farms, goat milking, Montana ranches, etc.
5 pretty Stellar LORs

OOS got an interview for Jan 17! Congrats to all who have received invites and hang in there those that haven't heard. I applied to 7 schools have gotten rejected from 4 so far, so there is hope!!

Is it true that everyone is put on a waiting list? That wasn't the case years ago.

Last edited:

any one have adivce on these mmis? it seems like a night mare

Finally got to check my email and I have an IS interview :D!

I'm similar to you (slightly lower GPA and higher GRE) and was alternate as well... Their average accepted OOS GPA is quite low, I don't really understand what they are looking for. Could anyone with an interview post their stats please? :)

I believe I posted earlier in this thread (and some current students as well) that admissions told me they look to add more diversity from their OOS pool. I was told that IS applicants are ranked and offered interviews based on their ranking, but they have freedom to choose from OOS people.
I was offered an OOS interview, and some of the alternates have better stats and more experience than me. 3.88 Cumulative, 3.91 Science, 3.93 Last 45. Q154 V157 W4 with like 600hours spread between small, large and regulatory and 500 hours of research. But I am a male and a veteran, so that might have what gave me an edge over some other applicants.

I believe I posted earlier in this thread (and some current students as well) that admissions told me they look to add more diversity from their OOS pool. I was told that IS applicants are ranked and offered interviews based on their ranking, but they have freedom to choose from OOS people.
I was offered an OOS interview, and some of the alternates have better stats and more experience than me. 3.88 Cumulative, 3.91 Science, 3.93 Last 45. Q154 V157 W4 with like 600hours spread between small, large and regulatory and 500 hours of research. But I am a male and a veteran, so that might have what gave me an edge over some other applicants.
If that's how they evaluate it seems unfair that they look at people differently

Long time lurker here! I'm OOS (NY) and I received an interview for Sunday, Jan 17th it came at 2:42 pm today and I almost missed it. Please check your spam folder guys, my invite was smack dab in the middle of a ton of spam/clutter that I routinely delete without a second glance!

I believe that at this stage of admissions they wait list people so that they can fill in the spots of those who do not confirm to show up for interviews. After interviews, the wait list will be totally different and ranked so that if someone who got offered a seat gives up the next in the wait list is automatically in as long as you're in the same pool of oos or is. So, theoretically, yeah, if you're not invited for interviews you are in the wait list