Vote for President

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Vote for President

• Hillary Clinton

Votes: 150 52.1%
  • Donald Trump

Votes: 138 47.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another great article on the corrupt enterprise that is the Clinton Foundation slush fund. Some things we have discussed. Some things we have not. Particularly interesting was the stat that 181 entities gave money to the Foundation during Clinton's tenure while officially lobbying the State Department. Hmmm. So, what was in those 30,000 emails and why did she set up a private server again?

http://spectator.org/shut-it-down-the-clinton-foundation-is-too-corrupt-to-exist/

Members don't see this ad.

Another great article on the corrupt enterprise that is the Clinton Foundation slush fund. Some things we have discussed. Some things we have not. Particularly interesting was the stat that 181 entities gave money to the Foundation during Clinton's tenure while officially lobbying the State Department. Hmmm. So, what was in those 30,000 emails and why did she set up a private server again?

http://spectator.org/shut-it-down-the-clinton-foundation-is-too-corrupt-to-exist/

Like I said to hide evidence of the cocaine fueled satanic orgies, with human sacrifice of course.

Like I said to hide evidence of the cocaine fueled satanic orgies, with human sacrifice of course.

To be fair, Bill has probably had plenty of coke orgies. And I don't want a mental picture of what Hillary and Abadin do behind closed doors, thanks.

Read the article. Plenty of info about their corruption. Pick a continent. They've most likely defecated on it and made money.

Members don't see this ad :)
To be fair, Bill has probably had plenty of coke orgies. And I don't want a mental picture of what Hillary and Abadin do behind closed doors, thanks.

Read the article. Plenty of info about their corruption. Pick a continent. They've most likely defecated on it and made money.

Oh god! Do you ever tire of the allegations and conspiracy?

fascinating discussion, are you guys going to kiss and make up after the election, or will the feud continue?

Reactions: 1 user
"50 GOP Officials Warn Donald Trump Would Put Nation's Security 'at Risk'"
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/09/us/politics/national-security-gop-donald-trump.html

"GOP National-Security Veterans: Trump Wound Be 'Dangerous President'"
http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2016/...-veterans-trump-would-be-dangerous-president/

Sounds like the final throws of a desperate Establishment. Trump loses and they retake control. Trump wins and there will be a huge influx of Trumpeteers.

Sounds like the final throws of a desperate Establishment. Trump loses and they retake control. Trump wins and there will be a huge influx of Trumpeteers.

Trump has already won the nomination, so, barring some fancy theatrics, that ship has sailed. Now all they can hope for is that he will lose the general election. This is not a foregone conclusion, but at this point seems likely. Therefore, the effect of this letter is likely to be minimal.

The alternative hypothesis to yours is that these are people who know what they are talking about and are expressing serious concerns.

Trump has already won the nomination, so, barring some fancy theatrics, that ship has sailed. Now all they can hope for is that he will lose the general election. This is not a foregone conclusion, but at this point seems likely. Therefore, the effect of this letter is likely to be minimal.

The alternative hypothesis to yours is that these are people who know what they are talking about and are expressing serious concerns.

Your initial sentences are what I am trying to say.

The truth is likely in the middle. I am sure they genuinely feel that way, but the feeling is compounded by him not being on "their team".

They have a vested interest in him losing though. But it is a gamble. If he wins, see you later Establishment cronies.

Members don't see this ad :)
If he wins it will be the triumph of the idocracy.

Last edited:
"
GOP senator Susan Collins: Why I cannot support Trump
By Susan Collins August 8 at 9:00 PM

I will not be voting for Donald Trump for president. This is not a decision I make lightly, for I am a lifelong Republican. But Donald Trump does not reflect historical Republican values nor the inclusive approach to governing that is critical to healing the divisions in our country.

When the primary season started, it soon became apparent that, much like Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), Mr. Trump was connecting with many Americans who felt that their voices were not being heard in Washington and who were tired of political correctness. But rejecting the conventions of political correctness is different from showing complete disregard for common decency. Mr. Trump did not stop with shedding the stilted campaign dialogue that often frustrates voters. Instead, he opted for a constant stream of denigrating comments, including demeaning Sen. John McCain’s (R-Ariz.) heroic military service and repeatedly insulting Fox News host Megyn Kelly.

With the passage of time, I have become increasingly dismayed by his constant stream of cruel comments and his inability to admit error or apologize. But it was his attacks directed at people who could not respond on an equal footing — either because they do not share his power or stature or because professional responsibility precluded them from engaging at such a level — that revealed Mr. Trump as unworthy of being our president.

[When it comes to Trump, a Republican Treasury secretary says: Choose country over party]

My conclusion about Mr. Trump’s unsuitability for office is based on his disregard for the precept of treating others with respect, an idea that should transcend politics. Instead, he opts to mock the vulnerable and inflame prejudices by attacking ethnic and religious minorities. Three incidents in particular have led me to the inescapable conclusion that Mr. Trump lacks the temperament, self-discipline and judgment required to be president.

The first was his mocking of a reporter with disabilities, a shocking display that did not receive the scrutiny it deserved. I kept expecting Mr. Trump to apologize, at least privately, but he did not, instead denying that he had done what seemed undeniable to anyone who watched the video. At the time, I hoped that this was a terrible lapse, not a pattern of abuse.

The second was Mr. Trump’s repeated insistence that Gonzalo Curiel, a federal judge born and raised in Indiana, could not rule fairly in a case involving Trump University because of his Mexican heritage. For Mr. Trump to insist that Judge Curiel would be biased because of his ethnicity demonstrated a profound lack of respect not only for the judge but also for our constitutional separation of powers, the very foundation of our form of government. Again, I waited in vain for Mr. Trump to retract his words.

Third was Donald Trump’s criticism of the grieving parents of Army Capt. Humayun Khan, who was killed in Iraq. It is inconceivable that anyone, much less a presidential candidate, would attack two Gold Star parents. Rather than honoring their sacrifice and recognizing their pain, Mr. Trump disparaged the religion of the family of an American hero. And once again, he proved incapable of apologizing, of saying he was wrong.

I am also deeply concerned that Mr. Trump’s lack of self-restraint and his barrage of ill-informed comments would make an already perilous world even more so. It is reckless for a presidential candidate to publicly raise doubts about honoring treaty commitments with our allies. Mr. Trump’s tendency to lash out when challenged further escalates the possibility of disputes spinning dangerously out of control.

[Ghazala Khan: Trump criticized my silence. He knows nothing about true sacrifice.]

I had hoped that we would see a “new” Donald Trump as a general-election candidate — one who would focus on jobs and the economy, tone down his rhetoric, develop more thoughtful policies and, yes, apologize for ill-tempered rants. But the unpleasant reality that I have had to accept is that there will be no “new” Donald Trump, just the same candidate who will slash and burn and trample anything and anyone he perceives as being in his way or an easy scapegoat. Regrettably, his essential character appears to be fixed, and he seems incapable of change or growth.

At the same time, I realize that Mr. Trump’s success reflects profound discontent in this country, particularly among those who feel left behind by an unbalanced economy and who wonder whether their children will have a better life than their parents. As we have seen with the dissatisfaction with both major- party nominees — neither of whom I support — these passions are real and the public will demand action.

Some will say that as a Republican I have an obligation to support my party’s nominee. I have thought long and hard about that, for being a Republican is part of what defines me as a person. I revere the history of my party, most particularly the value it has always placed on the worth and dignity of the individual, and I will continue to work across the country for Republican candidates. It is because of Mr. Trump’s inability and unwillingness to honor that legacy that I am unable to support his candidacy.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...1095be-5d7e-11e6-9d2f-b1a3564181a1_story.html
"

"
GOP senator Susan Collins: Why I cannot support Trump
By Susan Collins August 8 at 9:00 PM

I will not be voting for Donald Trump for president. This is not a decision I make lightly, for I am a lifelong Republican. But Donald Trump does not reflect historical Republican values nor the inclusive approach to governing that is critical to healing the divisions in our country.

When the primary season started, it soon became apparent that, much like Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), Mr. Trump was connecting with many Americans who felt that their voices were not being heard in Washington and who were tired of political correctness. But rejecting the conventions of political correctness is different from showing complete disregard for common decency. Mr. Trump did not stop with shedding the stilted campaign dialogue that often frustrates voters. Instead, he opted for a constant stream of denigrating comments, including demeaning Sen. John McCain’s (R-Ariz.) heroic military service and repeatedly insulting Fox News host Megyn Kelly.

With the passage of time, I have become increasingly dismayed by his constant stream of cruel comments and his inability to admit error or apologize. But it was his attacks directed at people who could not respond on an equal footing — either because they do not share his power or stature or because professional responsibility precluded them from engaging at such a level — that revealed Mr. Trump as unworthy of being our president.

[When it comes to Trump, a Republican Treasury secretary says: Choose country over party]

My conclusion about Mr. Trump’s unsuitability for office is based on his disregard for the precept of treating others with respect, an idea that should transcend politics. Instead, he opts to mock the vulnerable and inflame prejudices by attacking ethnic and religious minorities. Three incidents in particular have led me to the inescapable conclusion that Mr. Trump lacks the temperament, self-discipline and judgment required to be president.

The first was his mocking of a reporter with disabilities, a shocking display that did not receive the scrutiny it deserved. I kept expecting Mr. Trump to apologize, at least privately, but he did not, instead denying that he had done what seemed undeniable to anyone who watched the video. At the time, I hoped that this was a terrible lapse, not a pattern of abuse.

The second was Mr. Trump’s repeated insistence that Gonzalo Curiel, a federal judge born and raised in Indiana, could not rule fairly in a case involving Trump University because of his Mexican heritage. For Mr. Trump to insist that Judge Curiel would be biased because of his ethnicity demonstrated a profound lack of respect not only for the judge but also for our constitutional separation of powers, the very foundation of our form of government. Again, I waited in vain for Mr. Trump to retract his words.

Third was Donald Trump’s criticism of the grieving parents of Army Capt. Humayun Khan, who was killed in Iraq. It is inconceivable that anyone, much less a presidential candidate, would attack two Gold Star parents. Rather than honoring their sacrifice and recognizing their pain, Mr. Trump disparaged the religion of the family of an American hero. And once again, he proved incapable of apologizing, of saying he was wrong.

I am also deeply concerned that Mr. Trump’s lack of self-restraint and his barrage of ill-informed comments would make an already perilous world even more so. It is reckless for a presidential candidate to publicly raise doubts about honoring treaty commitments with our allies. Mr. Trump’s tendency to lash out when challenged further escalates the possibility of disputes spinning dangerously out of control.

[Ghazala Khan: Trump criticized my silence. He knows nothing about true sacrifice.]

I had hoped that we would see a “new” Donald Trump as a general-election candidate — one who would focus on jobs and the economy, tone down his rhetoric, develop more thoughtful policies and, yes, apologize for ill-tempered rants. But the unpleasant reality that I have had to accept is that there will be no “new” Donald Trump, just the same candidate who will slash and burn and trample anything and anyone he perceives as being in his way or an easy scapegoat. Regrettably, his essential character appears to be fixed, and he seems incapable of change or growth.

At the same time, I realize that Mr. Trump’s success reflects profound discontent in this country, particularly among those who feel left behind by an unbalanced economy and who wonder whether their children will have a better life than their parents. As we have seen with the dissatisfaction with both major- party nominees — neither of whom I support — these passions are real and the public will demand action.

Some will say that as a Republican I have an obligation to support my party’s nominee. I have thought long and hard about that, for being a Republican is part of what defines me as a person. I revere the history of my party, most particularly the value it has always placed on the worth and dignity of the individual, and I will continue to work across the country for Republican candidates. It is because of Mr. Trump’s inability and unwillingness to honor that legacy that I am unable to support his candidacy.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...1095be-5d7e-11e6-9d2f-b1a3564181a1_story.html
"

Yet another person who feels the need to take the "high road" by publicizing to everyone that they are not voting for a particular guy. Move along, Collins. Nobody cares.

In related news, Jeb's son endorsed Trump. That's bizarre. Should be an interesting Turkey Day dinner.

Yet another person who feels the need to take the "high road" by publicizing to everyone that they are not voting for a particular guy. Move along, Collins. Nobody cares.

In related news, Jeb's son endorsed Trump. That's bizarre. Should be an interesting Turkey Day dinner.
People care. Republicans vote republican because they typically share values; in particular this time around because Hillary Clinton is satan's bezoar to them.

Do you realize how terrible, I mean, HORRENDOUS, a candidate has to be for republicans to refuse to vote for HRC's F$&@ING OPPONENT?!

It's sad that they didn't disown him after threatening to murder families of terrorists, or after the religious immigrant ban or the Indiana guy can't be a judge cuz he's Mexican stuff. In reality he should have been ridiculed off the stage with the whole birther race baiting stuff, but I think they just tried to ignore him as long as possible.

How is anything worse than endorsing murder? Or removing judges because their f$&@ing ETHNICITY IS A CONFLICT OF INTEREST?!
Whether he took it back or not, that's how the this buffoon thinks.

But, I mean, HRC, right?!

I didn't look-lemme guess.
Benghazi?
Emails?
Am I warm?

No concerns over civil war and how Mrs. Hinton MAY be indicted FOR SOMETHING, and how this would threaten the republic. The stock and trade innuendo and half truths.

So now Mr. Trump suggests violence against Mrs Clinton. Yup truly presidential. He is yours Ignatius, own him. Own the guy who suggests killing his opposition.

So now Mr. Trump suggests violence against Mrs Clinton. Yup truly presidential. He is yours Ignatius, own him. Own the guy who suggests killing his opposition.

It doesn't matter, rational reasoning is not an option with him. I know it's hard to let go but this is truly an endless battle.

lol, he just can't stop taking his foot out of his mouth

cT4Ef4C.jpg

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/trump-clinton-second-amendment-judges-guns-226833

I didn't look-lemme guess.
Benghazi?
Emails?
Am I warm?

See no evil hear no evil.....

Did you read the full quote? It would take a non-benefit of the doubt to ascertain that. And it is silly to run with it, but you will. Of course. We'll pick apart his words and argue semantics, but hey, agree to disagree on that silly little 150 million dollar bribe for Russia to get our uranium!

"Hillary wants to abolish -- essentially abolish the Second Amendment. By the way, if she gets to pick, if she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do, folks. Although the Second Amendment people, maybe there is, I don't know," Trump said.

In other Hillary news, the Taliban-loyal father of the shooter in the biggest mass shooting in history sat right behind Hillary at her rally.

And oh yeah, those 30,000 emails that were deleted and obstructed justice and were said to be "personal", well, some were released and surprise! They were not of the personal variety.

Silly Hillary, always lying and cleaning the corruption off of her computer! That sneak!

The biggest challenge for Trump supporters is mastering the art of polishing a turd.

Reactions: 3 users
See no evil hear no evil.....

Did you read the full quote? It would take a non-benefit of the doubt to ascertain that. And it is silly to run with it, but you will. Of course. We'll pick apart his words and argue semantics, but hey, agree to disagree on that silly little 150 million dollar bribe for Russia to get our uranium!

"Hillary wants to abolish -- essentially abolish the Second Amendment. By the way, if she gets to pick, if she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do, folks. Although the Second Amendment people, maybe there is, I don't know," Trump said.

In other Hillary news, the Taliban-loyal father of the shooter in the biggest mass shooting in history sat right behind Hillary at her rally.

And oh yeah, those 30,000 emails that were deleted and obstructed justice and were said to be "personal", well, some were released and surprise! They were not of the personal variety.

Silly Hillary, always lying and cleaning the corruption off of her computer! That sneak!

Always the same thing over and over and over, look your suppositions and innuendos prove nothing. There were multiple agencies involved with the uranium deal, I note that you can find no evidence concerning them. What was there reason? Did Mrs Clinton have some svengali type power over them?

If you listen to the quote in context with everything else he said it is a veiled threat, particularly given enough the open hatred of Mrs. Clinton at these rallies.

You cannot see anything beyond your hatred of Mrs. Clinton.

Last edited:
Always the same thing over and over and over, look your suppositions and innuendos prove nothing. There were multiple agencies involved with the uranium deal, I note that you can find no evidence concerning them. What was there reason? Did Mrs Clinton have some svengali type power over them?

If you listen to the quote in context with everything else he said it is a veiled threat, particularly given enough the open hatred of Mrs. Clinton at these rallies.

The obvious answer here is that Mrs. Clinton was the head of the State Department and wielded considerable influence in the matter. If she was altruistic, perhaps she would have disclosed to the government, as agreed upon, that the Chairmen of Uranium One had given the Clinton Foundation a massive donation. Or perhaps she would have seen an obvious conflict of interest and recused herself on the matter. It is common sense. She did not do either of these very simple steps.

If you have read 1/100th of what I have posted, you would understand and see a consistent pattern of behavior intended to obfuscate the clear link between Clinton Foundation donors and State Department business, ending with a deletion of 30,000 personal emails that actually, new records show in the recovered copies, were not personal at all. Because she is an utter and complete corrupt piece of **** who deserves to be nowhere near the White House.

As an article above states, there were 181 entities who donated to the CF while officially lobbying a Clinton State Department. If you fail to understand the blatant conflicts of interest here and how the Clintons monetized and preyed on people then you are part of the problem. Let this crony capitalist into the White House. Maybe she will leave "dead broke" again. But I doubt it.

Trump is either bat**** crazy or he is working for Hilary. Just my opinion. This dude cannot go 24 hours without saying something stupid.

LOL

Fareed Zakira has the gall to call someone a BS artist?

I've lost count of how many sharks have been jumped this election. It's like Discovery Channel Shark Week, er, Year.

(Trump is of course a world class BS'er. I just love the fact that this guy is pointing the finger.)

Yep. It's a bunch of monkeys throwing poop at each other at this point, with each one claiming the other monkey is throwing too much poop. Every single party in this election who has said anything or written a column should be locked up and new candidates should be selected.

Nothing to see here, folks. Young Democratic staffer murdered in cold blood. Rumors about him having dirt on a Clinton court case.

Murders happen, right? Except the perps did not take his wallet or keys or any money. No motive established.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...-seth-rich-wikileaks-dnc-source-shot-dead-dc/
I know you didn't acknowledge the Iranian nuclear guy getting executed was not a result of emails (neither did Tom Cotton, of course). So I assume when this amounts to nothing it'll just be another forgotten attempt at associating HRC with, well, whatever you can find.

But again, yes she was Secretary of State and she is part of one of the largest charities ever created with tens of thousands of contributors.

Since you don't require evidence of any kind of wrongdoing beside some sort of association, I don't know why you're stopping at uranium deals! You get enough republican interns combing through donors I guarantee you can link HRC to Rwandan genocide or ISIS in Europe. In fact, she might be responsible for Trump's entire campaign, considering his donations. The possibilities are endless.

Fortunately for us Trump haters, we actually have his words advocating murder, racist birther conspiracies, religious immigrant bans, judgeships based on ethnicity, etc...

But keep looking! When you believe every accusation you read or makes it easy to ignore the REAL things your guy has said and done.

BTW, we all know what he meant with his 2nd amendment folks. I won't go into his penchant for advocating violence, his jokes about guns and shooting people, his lack of advocating organized civil protest of any sort, because I guess that's what you want to argue he meant the "2nd amendment" people would do?

How is this a surprise to anyone? Seriously?

It's frustrating trying to discuss stuff with folks who believe every accusation that supports their hatred.

There is no equivalency here. Trump tells us exactly who he is and what he believes, and it's real ugly. There's no need to interpret or accuse. Even republican politicians are seeing that.

Strong emotions like hate blind people though. And when it comes to the Clinton name, there's plenty of hate out there.

It's frustrating trying to discuss stuff with folks who believe every accusation that supports their hatred.

There is no equivalency here. Trump tells us exactly who he is and what he believes, and it's real ugly. There's no need to interpret or accuse. Even republican politicians are seeing that.

Strong emotions like hate blind people though. And when it comes to the Clinton name, there's plenty of hate out there.

It is well-placed hate, and there are plenty of their victims who feel the same way. I like how Trump "tells us exactly how he thinks and feels" despite the fact that the guy has had the media look into what he says and twist and warp it to their agenda since the very beginning. Yeah, he called for the assassination of Clinton yesterday. Sure.

The Clintons are corrupt pieces of ****, and it's funny seeing people deny that. The fact that you pretend there isn't evidence of that totally destroys the little credibility you have.

I like how Trump "tells us exactly how he thinks and feels" despite the fact that the guy has had the media look into what he says and twist and warp it to their agenda since the very beginning.

If anything, since the very beginning the guy doesn't look into what he confidently says that he maybe probably definitely thinks or feels, twists and warps it to his agenda and when the media looks into it, it's bs.

You don't like Hillary. Fine. But side-stepping Trump's very obvious habit of shoving his foot in his mouth? C'mon.

It is well-placed hate, and there are plenty of their victims who feel the same way. I like how Trump "tells us exactly how he thinks and feels" despite the fact that the guy has had the media look into what he says and twist and warp it to their agenda since the very beginning. Yeah, he called for the assassination of Clinton yesterday. Sure.

The Clintons are corrupt pieces of ****, and it's funny seeing people deny that. The fact that you pretend there isn't evidence of that totally destroys the little credibility you have.

Here is the quote from yesterday: "Hillary wants to abolish, essentially abolish, the Second Amendment. By the way, and if she gets to pick --if she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do, folks. Although the Second Amendment people, maybe there is, I don't know. But I'll tell you what, that will be a horrible day, if -- if -- Hillary gets to put her judges in."

Do I think he seriously called for her assassination? No. But he is incredibly careless with his words. It was funny in the primaries. It's scary the closer it gets to early November.

So I see a couple aspects and interpretations of his wording:
A) I think its clear he's not calling on voting by the 2A people he refers to because in his 'what if' scenarios, she's already elected and she's picking judges. So voting by citizens has already happened in the election. Or Trump doesn't understand we are republic, but let's assume he understands basic civics we all learned in high school.
B) He called for unity, like he said in his clarification today. Well, again, as in A, too late for unity in his 'what if' scenario cause she's already picking judges. Unity to put pressure on members of congress? Maybe. I see that as poorly trying to put meaning after the fact to his carelessly spoken words.
C) He proves again how carelessly he speaks off the cuff. Maybe he tried a making a joke about the "2nd amendment people" using 2nd amendment devices. Maybe it was a stupid joke. If so, not what I want my next POTUS making jokes about.
D) He's serious about C. I definitely don't want my POTUS making serious claims about that.
F) He had no effing idea what he was saying at the time. My grandfather used to ramble and make no sense at time and we chocked it up to senility. Definitely don't want that trait in a POTUS.

I'm leaning to it being a stupid, off the cuff, piss-poor attempt at a joke to a North Carolina crowd, but this isn't the primaries any more, it's the big leagues. I get that he isn't PC, but this wasn't a non-PC rambling, it was a vague stream of consciousness with scary interpretations that was based in unfounded claim about Clinton wanting to abolish 2Aa

Oh, and here is Politifact rating Trump's claim that HRC wants to abolish the 2nd amendment as false (from May 11 2016): http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...-trump-falsely-claims-hillary-clinton-wants-/

Nonody said he was "calling for" anything. He was saying that maybe some angry person would shoot her. It was a joke, I think. But we all know that's what he meant. Why deny it? This is like a 3/10 on the ridiculous-o-meter of Trump statements. No bigee overall really.

The Clintons are standard lifer politicians. Exchange them for anyone here. Doesn't matter.

This is about Trump. He's all that matters. That isn't going to change. He is the worst presidential candidate in history. Period. Even people who have spent their lives trying to destroy the Clintons will admit that.

And you support him. So your judgement on people's credibility isn't terribly valuable.

Nonody said he was "calling for" anything. He was saying that maybe some angry person would shoot her. It was a joke, I think. But we all know that's what he meant. Why deny it? This is like a 3/10 on the ridiculous-o-meter of Trump statements. No bigee overall really.

The Clintons are standard lifer politicians. Exchange them for anyone here. Doesn't matter.

This is about Trump. He's all that matters. That isn't going to change. He is the worst presidential candidate in history. Period. Even people who have spent their lives trying to destroy the Clintons will admit that.

And you support him. So your judgement on people's credibility isn't terribly valuable.

Anyone who can whistle past the Clinton graveyard that plays out like a John Grisham novel should not be taken seriously. Period. They are a disgusting, despicable family on an infinite number of proven levels and the epitome of crony capitalism and what is wrong with our government. If nothing else, I'll vote for Trump because it seems people will actually call his BS and he has not laced the whole system with his cronies throughout the government.

In the meantime, some easy reading:

http://spectator.org/no-trump-did-not-call-on-second-amendment-people-to-kill-hillary/

"Typical lifetime politicians." That was a good laugh by the way. If by typical you mean morally corrupt, then okay.

Here is the quote from yesterday: "Hillary wants to abolish, essentially abolish, the Second Amendment. By the way, and if she gets to pick --if she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do, folks. Although the Second Amendment people, maybe there is, I don't know. But I'll tell you what, that will be a horrible day, if -- if -- Hillary gets to put her judges in."

Do I think he seriously called for her assassination? No. But he is incredibly careless with his words. It was funny in the primaries. It's scary the closer it gets to early November.

So I see a couple aspects and interpretations of his wording:
A) I think its clear he's not calling on voting by the 2A people he refers to because in his 'what if' scenarios, she's already elected and she's picking judges. So voting by citizens has already happened in the election. Or Trump doesn't understand we are republic, but let's assume he understands basic civics we all learned in high school.
B) He called for unity, like he said in his clarification today. Well, again, as in A, too late for unity in his 'what if' scenario cause she's already picking judges. Unity to put pressure on members of congress? Maybe. I see that as poorly trying to put meaning after the fact to his carelessly spoken words.
C) He proves again how carelessly he speaks off the cuff. Maybe he tried a making a joke about the "2nd amendment people" using 2nd amendment devices. Maybe it was a stupid joke. If so, not what I want my next POTUS making jokes about.
D) He's serious about C. I definitely don't want my POTUS making serious claims about that.
F) He had no effing idea what he was saying at the time. My grandfather used to ramble and make no sense at time and we chocked it up to senility. Definitely don't want that trait in a POTUS.

I'm leaning to it being a stupid, off the cuff, piss-poor attempt at a joke to a North Carolina crowd, but this isn't the primaries any more, it's the big leagues. I get that he isn't PC, but this wasn't a non-PC rambling, it was a vague stream of consciousness with scary interpretations that was based in unfounded claim about Clinton wanting to abolish 2Aa

Oh, and here is Politifact rating Trump's claim that HRC wants to abolish the 2nd amendment as false (from May 11 2016): http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...-trump-falsely-claims-hillary-clinton-wants-/
And REAL gun advocates don't stereotype "2nd amendment folks" as angry murderous nut jobs. Trump doesn't care about guns or the 2nd amendment.

His NRA forum pandering might've been the most embarrassing of all: "I've got so many guns laying around; it's actually a little scary". Because that's what he thinks a gun advocate would say.

And where the f$&@ are his taxes? People blame the Clintons of being corrupt but don't demand to see his taxes. There is evidence of lies and corruption in there. We know this.

That's how you know this is about hatred, not about politics and corruption.

Reactions: 1 users
And REAL gun advocates don't stereotype "2nd amendment folks" as angry murderous nut jobs. Trump doesn't care about guns or the 2nd amendment.

His NRA forum pandering might've been the most embarrassing of all: "I've got so many guns laying around; it's actually a little scary". Because that's what he thinks a gun advocate would say.

And where the f$&@ are his taxes? People blame the Clintons of being corrupt but don't demand to see his taxes. There is evidence of lies and corruption in there. We know this.

That's how you know this is about hatred, not about politics and corruption.

Evidence of lies and corruption? Hey brother, little secret, his tax return is on the IRS's table right now. The same IRS that is in cahoots with the White House. It's being given it's due process. What- the electorate going to sort through it and nail him?

Geez man, you're going the way of deep state. Not even making sense in your logic now.

By the way, any interpretation you offer of his comments are just that- your interpretation. You can say that he didn't say it carefully enough or whatever, but to keep implying it is the correct one is absurd and many people disagree.

Anyone who can whistle past the Clinton graveyard that plays out like a John Grisham novel should not be taken seriously. Period. They are a disgusting, despicable family on an infinite number of proven levels and the epitome of crony capitalism and what is wrong with our government. If nothing else, I'll vote for Trump because it seems people will actually call his BS and he has not laced the whole system with his cronies throughout the government.

http://spectator.org/no-trump-did-not-call-on-second-amendment-people-to-kill-hillary/

"Typical lifetime politicians." That was a good laugh by the way. If by typical you mean morally corrupt, then okay.
Tens of millions spent on republican led investigations and hearings, most recently multiple republican led hearings on Benghazi.
Independent DOJ investigation into the Clinton foundation. FBI email investigation.
No charges. Zero.

But sure, maybe they're the most corrupt politicians since Tammany Hall, but despite millions of dollars and thousands of pairs of eyes on them in the most powerful government in the world for 35 years they've avoided getting caught.

Unfortunately for you, this is a country where the law requires evidence and facts to charge and convict, and the people have seen lives ruined by untrue accusations throughout history.

Back to Trump though. Remember when he said we should kill innocent people? Carpet bomb? Spread nukes a little more liberally?

No wonder the 50 top national security advisors have agreed to his unfitness. We don't need that kind of stupidity and instability getting us killed.

Evidence of lies and corruption? Hey brother, little secret, his tax return is on the IRS's table right now. The same IRS that is in cahoots with the White House. It's being given it's due process. What- the electorate going to sort through it and nail him?

Geez man, you're going the way of deep state. Not even making sense in your logic now.

By the way, any interpretation you offer of his comments are just that- your interpretation. You can say that he didn't say it carefully enough or whatever, but to keep implying it is the correct one is absurd and many people disagree.
Yes. I think you know the electorate would nail him on it. We all know that. Clearly, so does he.

Fair enough on the interpretation part. Although, once again, I think we all know what he meant.

Dog you've gotta look on the bright side. You're going to have 4 years, at least, to blame every hurricane, DOW swing, murder rampage in Europe, asteroid, etc... Literally EVERYTHING on Clinton corruption. That has to be some kind of consolation.

Tens of millions spent on republican led investigations and hearings, most recently multiple republican led hearings on Benghazi.
Independent DOJ investigation into the Clinton foundation. FBI email investigation.
No charges. Zero.

But sure, maybe they're the most corrupt politicians since Tammany Hall, but despite millions of dollars and thousands of pairs of eyes on them in the most powerful government in the world for 35 years they've avoided getting caught.

Unfortunately for you, this is a country where the law requires evidence and facts to charge and convict, and the people have seen lives ruined by untrue accusations throughout history.

Back to Trump though. Remember when he said we should kill innocent people? Carpet bomb? Spread nukes a little more liberally?

No wonder the 50 top national security advisors have agreed to his unfitness. We don't need that kind of stupidity and instability getting us killed.

Yes, and unfortunately we live in a country where someone blatantly obstructs justice by illegally deleting emails on their already illegal server and nothing happens. The fact is there are enough facts and evidence to nail Hillary but you have an attorney general who meets secretly on jet runways with the people she is investigating. Yeah bud, it's kind of hard when your Justice Department is in bed with who you are trying to nail. And again, it is comical and points to willful ignorance that you pull the "innocent until proven guilty" card on perhaps the biggest scam artists in American political history who have just about the whole executive branch and Justice Department going to bat for them.

Yeah, I can ascertain enough to know that I don't have to see that the sky is blue to believe it.

Dog you've gotta look on the bright side. You're going to have 4 years, at least, to blame every hurricane, DOW swing, murder rampage in Europe, asteroid, etc... Literally EVERYTHING on Clinton corruption. That has to be some kind of consolation.

Willful ignorance is a pathetic look. It's a shame your scale of incompetence ends at edited and cherry-picked sound bytes that "could have been worded better". Nevermind skimming off the top of Haiti relief, taking Russian bribes in exchange for uranium, an international sludge fund for political favors, compromising national security on an illegal server, lies on top of lies on top of lies in every facet of their political career, and multiple rape allegations with charges of intimidation, because by God, Trump asked a baby to leave his rally! Did you hear?

Status
Not open for further replies.