WesternU c/o 2027 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Crossing fingers waitlists start to hear back on the 21st like last cycles 🤞🏼

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I accepted my seat at deadline but just declined due to getting off waitlist for my in-state, good luck everybody!

Members don't see this ad :)
I GOT ACCEPTED AS AN ALTERNATE!! 100% attending as I declined my seat at other school!

Reactions: 5 users
congrats everyone who was pulled off!!! I’m still hoping for good news about being pulled off❤️

Members don't see this ad :)
Do we know if they sent out acceptances for all the alternate spots so far?

Congrats to those of you who got pulled off the list!! I’ll be here still waiting 🥹🙏

• Care
Hi y’all quick question, did those who got accepted off the waitlist write a letter of continued interest ?

I wish the waitlist was ranked so I could know if I even stood a chance of getting pulled off the list

Reactions: 6 users
has anyone talked to admissions to find out if the class is full yet ?

has anyone talked to admissions to find out if the class is full yet ?
I tried contacting my counselor. They can’t tell us and when a seat opens it just goes to the admissions committee. They just say watch your email since we can hear all the way up to the first week of august

Reactions: 1 users
So far the email list is at 91 but again I'm not sure how accurate it is! I know waiting can be tough but hopefully this helps give you all a ballpark of an idea :)

Reactions: 7 users
Declined my seat off the waitlist. Good luck to all still waiting 💗

Does anyone know if once the class is full they’ll send out rejections to people on the waitlist?

Hey everyone, current second year at WesternU here! If anyone is interested in housing, I have a room available in a house with other vet students near the campus. Send me a message if you’re interested!

Does anyone know if once the class is full they’ll send out rejections to people on the waitlist?
I was on the waitlist before and they didn't send rejections til the end of August I believe. Even when they have a full class things can still shuffle even up until the first week of classes. I would say usually post May there's usually not too much movement so I recommend after May you should basically operate as if you won't get pulled off, but still be sure to check regularly just in case. I made the mistake of depending on the waitlist spot too much and should have used those months to be doing other things like applying to jobs or working on reapplying.

Reactions: 3 users
Just got pulled off the waitlist! Everyone check your emails!!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Does anyone know the updated class number?
Right now they are around 102 (again so not really sure how accurate but it seems to be pretty close)

Reactions: 1 users
Just got accepted!! Planning to decline though so hopefully someone else on the waitlist hears back soon!

did anyone else that is an alternate get the email about still wanting to be on the list?

Reactions: 6 users
Just finished my first year at western and was pulled off the waitlist in late June. There’s absolutely still hope. Remember, people who have already accepted a seat may be waitlisted at other schools and may give up their seat pending waitlist movement at other school. There’s a lot of dynamic factors involved but remain patient and hopeful. A few of my other class members were pulled off the waitlist the week of orientation! Good luck all 🩵

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Is anyones official transcript sumbitted and received from WesternU in their portal, but graduation/degree and some courses still have an “awaiting” status? I tried contacting WesternU about it, but no answer.