WWater Water Everywhere/Under The Sea Game Thread (+ Signups)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Take it from a veteran wolf. I would never have tried so blatantly to save another wolf so early in the game. I've been doing this for years, son.
yeah. this

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Take it from a veteran wolf. I would never have tried so blatantly to save another wolf so early in the game. I've been doing this for years, son.

Really trying to get that bandwagon started, aren't you? I almost admire your ultimately misguided tenacity.

That's girlie to you, not son ;)

And bandwagon? No. If you looked at my lynch/unlynch votes yesterday you would see I tried to get as much info from people as possible as to why they were voting a certain way, as well as giving people I was looking at lynching a chance to defend/explain before I made my final decision. If someone else who suspected you the other day comes on and says 'actually I've changed my mind, I don't have wolf feels for WTF anymore, and here's why' then that will be taken into account and may lead me to change my lynch vote and unlynch you.

Or is it less noob to just go ahead and lynch someone and then proceed to ignore any possible reasons to unlynch them?

@PrincessButterCup @Rogert @Frozenshades @heyimhayley

I'd like to hear from you guys on your choice of LoTF for Lynch, please.

Actually...your calling out of everyone who voted for loft like this, combined with your jumping on after me, doesn't totally absolve you either, despite my earlier statement. You call out my behavior when yours is just as suspect. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

I still think your fellow wolves would have shut you down, though, unless you just aren't listening to them.

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah. this

Okay, so you're feeling is that this was too obvious a wolf save for WTF to have pulled something like that? It doesn't fit in with WTFs usual game style?

@Animal Midwife

What was your reason for lynching BBC as opposed to LoTF at the last minute yesterday as well? I'm just wondering if your vote was swayed by WTFs last minute lynch of BBC to try and give LoTF a chance to defend as well, or if you had another reason? BBC was second in running after LoTF, trying to get an idea what people's reasons for the BBC vote were. I've already stated mine was entirely due to WTFs post about wanting to give LoTF a chance to defend.

Mine was due to giving her a chance to defend also. I skimmed yesterday due to being busy and saw LotF hadn't been online all day. (I've been in that situation before and got bandwagoned by wolves convincing everyone I'm a quiet convert wolf.)

Unlynch WTF since deadline isn't until tomorrow. I need time to think.

Reactions: 1 user
That's girlie to you, not son ;)
cb924-clownfishsexchangecyclenemo.jpg

Reactions: 9 users
Actually...your calling out of everyone who voted for loft like this, combined with your jumping on after me, doesn't totally absolve you either, despite my earlier statement. You call out my behavior when yours is just as suspect. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

I still think your fellow wolves would have shut you down, though, unless you just aren't listening to them.

So asking for reasons on a lynch, to get more information before proceeding to lynch someone who might very well be a villager, isn't good strategy for a WW game? I should just jump on a bandwagon and lynch whoever's in the lead because 'reasons'? So that means I shouldn't be looking into other people's suspicions of you, I shouldn't be listening to what other more experienced players have to say, I should just go ahead and lynch you regardless of the fact that asking questions, etc, may very well lead me to unlynch you?

Mine was due to giving her a chance to defend also. I skimmed yesterday due to being busy and saw LotF hadn't been online all day. (I've been in that situation before and got bandwagoned by wolves convincing everyone I'm a quiet convert wolf.)

Unlynch WTF since deadline isn't until tomorrow. I need time to think.

Thanks, and yes seeing as deadline isn't until tomorrow, and I too would like to hear from more people/consider my vote a bit more carefully...

Unlynch WTF

@dyachei @Jilary

I know Hmoo has given a defence that sounds reasonable, but what are your reasons for lynching Hmoo?

@PrincessButterCup @heyimhayley Reasons for lynching LoTF?

What specifically has made you unconvinced about Hmoo?

And your reason for lynching her yesterday? Can I just have the cliff notes, please? (it's late here, I'm not still not feeling the greatest, it would just make it easier on me if I didn't have to go back through previous posts :shy:)

So wolfy vibes then. Okay, reluctant to jump on the bandwagon of people who have the most lynch votes so far, but I'm listening. :thinking:

That sounds fair and reasonable. If you have information that would lead you to at least wait and see before lynching, then that narrows the choices for me as well.

@WhtsThFrequency And look, here are some posts from me yesterday questioning people's reasons for a lynch vote on Hmoo, which lead me to removing Hmoo off my suspicion/potential lynch vote list.

But with Hmoo in the lead at this time, by your reasoning I shouldn't have asked any questions, I shouldn't have tried to get an idea of how other people were thinking/feeling, I should have just hopped on the Hmoo lynch wagon and stayed there - and end up lynching the Village Seer before she had a chance to at least give us DVMD.

Okey dokey then, that sounds like a pretty good way to just end up killing off fellow villagers for no reason.

@WhtsThFrequency And look, here are some posts from me yesterday questioning people's reasons for a lynch vote on Hmoo, which lead me to removing Hmoo off my suspicion/potential lynch vote list.

But with Hmoo in the lead at this time, by your reasoning I shouldn't have asked any questions, I shouldn't have tried to get an idea of how other people were thinking/feeling, I should have just hopped on the Hmoo lynch wagon and stayed there - and end up lynching the Village Seer before she had a chance to at least give us DVMD.

Okey dokey then, that sounds like a pretty good way to just end up killing off fellow villagers for no reason.

That's not what I was referring to in the least and you know it.

Okay, so you're feeling is that this was too obvious a wolf save for WTF to have pulled something like that? It doesn't fit in with WTFs usual game style?
wtf is a much craftier wolf than that. she probably would have joined the wagon to look good later

Members don't see this ad :)

Actually no, I don't know that. It's how it's reading to me, that you're coming across as saying asking questions and wanting to know others reasons for lynching isn't the right way to go about things with this game. :shrug:

Actually no, I don't know that. It's how it's reading to me, that you're coming across as saying asking questions and wanting to know others reasons for lynching isn't the right way to go about things with this game. :shrug:

And I was pointing out the fact that you were casting suspicion on me by pointing out that I had called people out/questioned people's reasons for voting for LoTF, when I'd done the exact same thing with people who were voting for Hmoo as well.

(edited for spelling correction)

Last edited:
I think you're reading into it way too hard.

I'm trying to play a more lighthearted game.

I'm still sorry about the other game.

Fair 'nuff. I think I'm just finding oddities and pursuing it, but I can also see that I might be reading it too hard. I would think you'd at least be able to see WHY the comment caught my attention, though.

Lol about the other game. That was last game. Don't care. You gotta kill who you gotta kill. :)

I will ### lynch SOV ### for $200 Alex.

Fine, I won't bother actually trying to play the game with any sort of thought given to anything. I take it sov is in the lead so far, based on recent lynch votes?

Lynch sov

How are you guys feeling about WTFs vote yesterday now, it's pinging suspicions for me just wondering if anyone else still felt the same way?

Well. I think the vote was mildly sketchy, and I also don't like the "If I were a wolf I wouldn't have done that" defense she made, but at the same time, she has made some other posts that ring strong townie to me. I'm not going to vote for her.

Last edited:
wtf is a much craftier wolf than that. she probably would have joined the wagon to look good later

Agreed. Or she would have just voted for someone else under a "I'm suspicious of ....." guise. But no way would she have tried to save a wolf in that style at that point in the game, unless she inhaled something weird on the necropsy floor today.

Fine, I won't bother actually trying to play the game with any sort of thought given to anything. I take it sov is in the lead so far, based on recent lynch votes?

Lynch sov

Nobody said you shouldn't give it any thought. I think it's great that you are looking for real REASONS to vote for someone. People are just giving you reasons they don't agree with you. No need to take that and get defensive.....

Nobody said you shouldn't give it any thought. I think it's great that you are looking for real REASONS to vote for someone. People are just giving you reasons they don't agree with you. No need to take that and get defensive.....

Good point, just most of the the recent reasons have amounted to 'LOL stupid noob'. So, okay then, maybe I need to just go with whatever everyone else is doing and see what happens. If trying to learn how to play the game by questioning and asking reasons for votes and looking at/challenging the way people respond equates to 'noob who doesn't know what they're doing', then perhaps trying some other way is better. :shrug:

So another vote for AM, more feels on AM then I guess (unless I'm miscounting lynches after the most recent lynch tally).

Anyway...

Unlynch sov

Lynch AM

Good point, just most of the the recent reasons have amounted to 'LOL stupid noob'. So, okay then, maybe I need to just go with whatever everyone else is doing and see what happens. If trying to learn how to play the game by questioning and asking reasons for votes and looking at/challenging the way people respond equates to 'noob who doesn't know what they're doing', then perhaps trying some other way is better. :shrug:

Well. At the risk of sounding cold-hearted..... take yer lumps, smile, move on. I think everyone appreciates a new player who puts thought into the game. I know I do. Getting some "stupid n00b" comments is something we all pretty much went through. :)

Reactions: 2 users
Well. At the risk of sounding cold-hearted..... take yer lumps, smile, move on. I think everyone appreciates a new player who puts thought into the game. I know I do. Getting some "stupid n00b" comments is something we all pretty much went through. :)

Lumps taken, smiling happening. :thumbup: I might have sounded a bit grumpy guts before, posting when sick I sometimes come across a bit short/mopey. I like this game, I'd like to learn how to play this game well, so if that means asking lots of questions etc then that's good, if it means sitting back and going along with the rest of the group for a while until I work out when to ask stuff and when to observe more, then that's good too. :)

I have a habit of learning new games by throwing myself into them with gusto, it's not always the best approach. :laugh:

Well. I think the vote was mildly sketchy, and I also don't like the "If I were a wolf I wouldn't have done that" defense she made, but at the same time, she has made some other posts that ring strong townie to me. I'm not going to vote for her.

So what sorts of things ring 'strong townie'? Is that just a feel you get for the way different people play the game with experience, or are there specific 'tells' to look for?

Think about mindset, ceke. The major difference between villager and wolf.

Wolves tend to have more info and work from knowing (for the most part) everyone else's alignment. There are certain ways of speaking and interacting that occur from that mindset. Wolves are focused on pushing lynches but usually not too hard. Because too hard and they look suspicious

Think about mindset, ceke. The major difference between villager and wolf.

Wolves tend to have more info and work from knowing (for the most part) everyone else's alignment. There are certain ways of speaking and interacting that occur from that mindset. Wolves are focused on pushing lynches but usually not too hard. Because too hard and they look suspicious

Thanks, this helps a lot. And in that case, until I've had a chance to observe a bit more...

Unlynch AM

Hmm, and I like both LIS's and Dyachei's game advice, and they both seem to be looking at two people in particular...so, AM or sov? Obvious feels from other more experienced players on both of those possibilities...:thinking:

I'll sit on a decision for now and do a contingency lynch if I have to before I crash out for the night (or whenever I actually get to bed/sleep).

I know @WhtsThFrequency was asking about items. If it helps, my item was a tin can. I got first item because mayor perks. I would think the tin can would continue cycling (my write-up didn't indicate it was destroyed), but maybe it broke after a successful protection?

Sprayed with "something" is almost definitely a block, as the write-up includes that it prevented me from carrying out any actions. Wrapped in tentacles only says wrapped in tentacles. FWIW, I didn't have an action either night. Given that "wrapped" didn't say anything about my action, I'm now guessing that wrapped was not a block. Maybe it was PBC's protection?

On another note, can anyone PM with MJ and ask why he hasn't been talking?

***MOD ANNOUNCEMENT***
Predators are circling. Players acting dead may get mod-killed.
school-of-sharks-shark-gifs.gif

Luckily this seal was active and therefore survived. Consider this your warning!

(The following video has some swear words).

6/20 Voting
@Animal Midwife @allyphoe @BeautifulBritishColumbia @Jilary @Rogert @finnickthedog @heyyimhayley @nyanko @Saki Nishibi @Filly Bay @Mad Jack @WildZoo @Zensing

(We get that you are busy: many started school recently, or are starting, clinics, work, etc. Please cast a lynch vote at least. We accept contingencies! This is an extra long day cycle for you. If there isn't more participation/discussion, we may start mod killing. Yes, we know yesterday was a short cycle. Also this list is based on votes, we know some of you have been more chatty than others.)

Last edited:
Someone want to fight with me so I can post pad and get off the naughty list?

***MOD ANNOUNCEMENT***
Predators are circling. Players acting dead may get mod-killed.
school-of-sharks-shark-gifs.gif

Luckily this seal was active and therefore survived. Consider this your warning!

(The following video has some swear words).

6/20 Voting
@Animal Midwife @allyphoe @BeautifulBritishColumbia @Jilary @Rogert @finnickthedog @heyyimhayley @nyanko @Saki Nishibi @Filly Bay @Mad Jack @WildZoo @Zensing

(We get that you are busy: many started school recently, or are starting, clinics, work, etc. Please cast a lynch vote at least. We accept contingencies! This is an extra long day cycle for you. If there isn't more participation/discussion, we may start mod killing. Yes, we know yesterday was a short cycle. Also this list is based on votes, we know some of you have been more chatty than others.)

You're threarening to mod kill us 10.5 hours before deadline, harsh :p

Is there a specific reason we're voting for SOV? I remember yesterday or so when he posted being like wait I didn't even realize he was playing, which I feel like is very not typical for him. I don't think it's necessarily wolfy, but it did catch my eye.