WWonderful WWorld of MMeat Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I don't think vmh actually said (I was scrolling quickly on my phone to get to the results before my battery died), but my role was Lady Gaga in her meat dress, which amused me greatly. :D My night results were phrased as "YAAASSSSS, Gaga!" or "no, Gaga."
dance-lady-gaga-born-this-way-fGofNpCscxSow
:lol:

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think vmh actually said (I was scrolling quickly on my phone to get to the results before my battery died), but my role was Lady Gaga in her meat dress, which amused me greatly. :D My night results were phrased as "YAAASSSSS, Gaga!" or "no, Gaga."
dance-lady-gaga-born-this-way-fGofNpCscxSow
Ugh, I'll fix the broken Gaga gif when I'm back to my computer.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
@Crayola227 I pushed you for more info about the trash can in pm because I wanted to know what I was up against as I had lynch avoidance but was a villager. Didn't want the wolves using it against me. Was glad I somehow ended up with it at one point and could give it to someone I trusted for safe keeping

Welp, I almost didn't play this game but it was fun. Time to go back on the shelf now.
Same. I'm about to go so high up on the shelf that nobody can reach me. If I don't have an ulcer from this ish its a miracle :laugh:

Also apparently lawper took my sass to you the last two nights as me actually being mean and I didn't mean it that way at all, so if you took it that way I apologize. Most of my b*tchiness is sarcastic in my head and I forget that that doesn't translate.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Good job, though. You had me fooled.

NOT!
ahahahaha... In a way we did though because you were on our asses waaaaaay before we were wolves. So really we fooled you into think we were wolves before we were :p

For those wondering about the remaining roles,

MJ/Lawper - Meat Loaf (the Singer), whose song in the writeup would have been

Lyra - Lady Gaga, who could ask the mods one YAAAASSS or no question a night, and whose song would have been

AM - Steak, the rezzer, whose song would have been

Reactions: 3 users
Also, MixyMama's original song was supposed to be this

But I was very inspired by the play today and switched the song at the last minute

As for the ground beef players, I had been playing with the idea of having a group of players who sort of acted like "eevees" from Pokemon, if you will. They each started as vanillas and had to submit to me the name of one player (who wasn't them) the first day of the game. What roles they became depended on what happened to them during the game.

The ground beef role was essentially a modified Wild Child role.

If a ground beef player's mentor died, that player would autoconvert to being a vanilla wolf the same night. The remaining mentors for the other two ground beef players would receive special items that were 1 use only, along with a message congratulating them for being a good influence on an unnamed player.

If a ground beef player was vouched for on thread (this criteria includes hard vouching but also included being placed on a village lean or stronger on a reads list), they would upgrade to being Hamburger, a Day PMer.

The remaining ground beef player after the other two changed would become Leftovers, an item maker. They could also upgrade to Leftovers if they had a standing vote in the final lynch tally, but were not the player actually lynched that night.

If not all of the ground beef players had differentiated by D5, the remaining roles would have been RNG'd.

Our ground beef players this game were Sporty, PotE, & MixyMama. By sheer coincidence, Sporty & PotE selected each other as their mentor, which is why they both got items the day that MixyMama converted. By sheer coincidence all three GBs upgraded/converted the same night.

Sporty was vouched for by Cray in a reads list (as village lean), WZ died and caused MM to convert, and PotE was left of the three and so became Leftovers.

Reactions: 7 users
Also, just for the record, I seriously don't understand my own meta. It's why I'm slightly off every game.

Reactions: 7 users
She was the tie maker. Since snowy was already dead, this was the second method of breaking a tie in this specific game.
This is correct, I had decided before the game that in any ties after Snowy died the tie maker would die instead of the two tied people. MM happened to be the tie maker for today's lynch.

Reactions: 2 users
@Lawper when did you think we were wolf? Especially since we weren't original again.

Around D8 actually. I admit I didn't read the entire game thread and only relied on stuff from D7 onwards. In the spectator chat, I was pretty frustrated with DDS getting lynched since I thought his play was village and he was getting set up by wolves who swung into him. When I saw the counterwagon was you/Weim, I looked into the voting record and thought that was bad. When DDS flipped villager, I realized that he was being set up and the Mixy/Weim was likely a culprit.

It didn't help that the interactions with Pippy were pretty strange. It looks like you were trying to pocket Pippy and get a village read. So I stuck with my guts and went with your lynch three days in a row and thankfully turned out to be right.

On to a few superlatives (will continue adding more on thread as I remember them):

• As always, thanks for my delightful co-mods @PrincessButterCup , @TheGirlWithTheFernTattoo , and @kaydubs , who helped me tremendously with the planning, balancing, and running of this game
  • Huge shoutout to the wolf team: @Melchizedek , @genny , @Trilt, @bryndiana.jones , @WeimMama ,and @MixedAnimals77. Though they didn't win, they played a mean game and managed to go from losing half of their wolf team in the first four days of the game all the way down to LyLo. This doesn't even include the fact that they did this after starting with a seriously sketchy wolf team. This game was intentionally designed to be a challenging wolf game and they basically said "Oh yeah? Watch this." and ran with it in ways that really surprised and impressed me. I also want to apologize to genny, who really wanted to sub and didn't know I was subbing her in for a wolf role until I had done it, lol.
  • My infinite thanks to @Melchizedek & @Crayola227 , who both took it in stride when I seriously ****ed up their night results. :oops:
  • My awe and slight horror to @capri1722 , who is a horrifying gif ninja the likes of which the world has never seen
  • My apologies to @ddstothecor , who never had anyone interact with him when he was ready to kill everyone else :rage:. I am very sad the pork chops did not karate chop anyone else in half, as it would have entertained the both of us greatly.
  • lol to @kcoughli , who has a very impressive record of seering wolves N1 when she's seer
  • And another lol to RNG, which gave Trilt the only item in the game that would have interfered with kcough's seering on N1
  • Incredibly impressed with the reasoning and strategic thinking displayed by everyone overall in this game - you all did wonderfully, especially @Lawper (who basically pulled out the receipts on Mixymama today)

Reactions: 10 users
Anyway, thanks again to everyone who played in this game, and for going along with some of the weirder WW experiments I tried out in this game. I'm hoping it was fun for everyone involved and am always interested to hear thoughts and suggestions about things to do differently (or repeat!) in other games.

Reactions: 8 users
So while I definitely enjoyed this game and learned a lot, I would like some help/feedback on the following question. @SkiOtter raises a good question in last day when she asked "why i shouldn't lynch you?" which is similar to "why should i believe you're village?". I realize i didn't answer well since i was focused on rejecting the arguments that i'm wolf and using them to show i'm village. That wasn't a good approach.

So how do I answer this? Or at least what are some good tips to address this? I'd like to avoid making the same mistake in future games so just using this to jot down my lessons learned.

I don't understand why a tie killed WM. :shrug:

I've learned it's different mechanics here vs the Lounge. Anything can happen at ties, the mods know but frequently we don't. Sometimes all die in a tie, sometimes no one, sometimes it's the person who voted and created this tie (like in this game), sometimes it's in someone's role that if a tie is created they die (this game), one game they rolled a 4 or 5 sided die and a combo of things could happen.

As for the ground beef players, I had been playing with the idea of having a group of players who sort of acted like "eevees" from Pokemon, if you will. They each started as vanillas and had to submit to me the name of one player (who wasn't them) the first day of the game. What roles they became depended on what happened to them during the game.

The ground beef role was essentially a modified Wild Child role.

If a ground beef player's mentor died, that player would autoconvert to being a vanilla wolf the same night. The remaining mentors for the other two ground beef players would receive special items that were 1 use only, along with a message congratulating them for being a good influence on an unnamed player.

If a ground beef player was vouched for on thread (this criteria includes hard vouching but also included being placed on a village lean or stronger on a reads list), they would upgrade to being Hamburger, a Day PMer.

The remaining ground beef player after the other two changed would become Leftovers, an item maker. They could also upgrade to Leftovers if they had a standing vote in the final lynch tally, but were not the player actually lynched that night.

If not all of the ground beef players had differentiated by D5, the remaining roles would have been RNG'd.

Our ground beef players this game were Sporty, PotE, & MixyMama. By sheer coincidence, Sporty & PotE selected each other as their mentor, which is why they both got items the day that MixyMama converted. By sheer coincidence all three GBs upgraded/converted the same night.

Sporty was vouched for by Cray in a reads list (as village lean), WZ died and caused MM to convert, and PotE was left of the three and so became Leftovers.

hah! sometimes those read lists matter!!

So while I definitely enjoyed this game and learned a lot, I would like some help/feedback on the following question. @SkiOtter raises a good question in last day when she asked "why i shouldn't lynch you?" which is similar to "why should i believe you're village?". I realize i didn't answer well since i was focused on rejecting the arguments that i'm wolf and using them to show i'm village. That wasn't a good approach.

So how do I answer this? Or at least what are some good tips to address this? I'd like to avoid making the same mistake in future games so just using this to jot down my lessons learned.
There is no universal answer for this question. It depends entirely on the situation and who is lynching you. For example, if it’s AM, apparently you just propose a tie. ;)

Some players want an explanation of why you did what you did, some want you to point the finger at a sketchier player, and some really aren’t going to change their vote no matter what.

Reactions: 3 users
I loved tenderizing! Pretty genius.

It was sort of a trade off though, because to allow the shyte posting, village strat couldn't be posted during that time. That can make it a touch hard for the night owls like me. Minor bitch but made up for by the time to post whatever.

There is no universal answer for this question. It depends entirely on the situation and who is lynching you. For example, if it’s AM, apparently you just propose a tie. ;)

Some players want an explanation of why you did what you did, some want you to point the finger at a sketchier player, and some really aren’t going to change their vote no matter what.
AM apparently responds well to an appeal to chaos

Reactions: 5 users
For those wondering about the remaining roles,
MJ/Lawper - Meat Loaf (the Singer), whose song in the writeup would have been

Lyra - Lady Gaga, who could ask the mods one YAAAASSS or no question a night, and whose song would have been

AM - Steak, the rezzer, whose song would have been

I wasn't going to post this one since it's not the best, the concept is great and it is great at the end with the Jesus metaphor.

People actually wrote in to the BBC pretty upset about that, actually.

I loved tenderizing! Pretty genius.

It was sort of a trade off though, because to allow the shyte posting, village strat couldn't be posted during that time. That can make it a touch hard for the night owls like me. Minor bitch but made up for by the time to post whatever.
The bolded is something I definitely hadn't considered when I came up with the tenderizing mechanic. A few players mentioned to me that it was challenging for them to post any strategy on thread if they couldn't post strategy between lynch close and night close, which is why I usually closed nights fairly early (most of the players who said they would have a hard time tended to post early in the AM rather than late in the PM).

I think it also made this thread kind of unimaginably long (lol). If I ever try anything like this in the future I may go whole hog and make a totally separate thread for it, but that approach obviously has its own issues as well and would probably cause more problems than it would resolve. :thinking:

I wasn't going to post this one since it's not the best, the concept is great and it is great at the end with the Jesus metaphor.

People actually wrote in to the BBC pretty upset about that, actually.

Why do you have such intimate knowledge of so many Doctor Who slash vids? It's kind of hilarious lol

Why do you have such intimate knowledge of so many Doctor Who slash vids? It's kind of hilarious lol

When I went down to LA to visit fam for the holidays, when I needed my Who fix, I checked out YouTube in the eve.

My channel has lists for all sorts of fandoms, Who is just what I'm into now.

There's like 180 vids on Who in my playlist (most Master/10, some Missy/12, some gen)

Most are serious, since you said you like the crack vids, I've just been posting those.

Thanks Mods for the game!! It goes in one of my top favourite WW games! Shout out to Kara and Pippy for being a fun village pm team. And to Lawper for the strong defense and analysis today - without it I don't think village could have won. Also congrats to Mixymama for playing a good wolf game and making me go from trying to lynch them for days to thinking they were probably village (isn't it good there was a tie yesterday when I was away so I wasn't part of lylo haha).

Reactions: 4 users
I had to laugh when I figured out that ski and finn were probably masons.. Of course the michigan mod team had to stick together :laugh:

And genny you liar! Totally was right you were the blocker.. Isn't that a pretty usual wolf role for you? :p

Thanks Mods for the game!! It goes in one of my top favourite WW games! Shout out to Kara and Pippy for being a fun village pm team. And to Lawper for the strong defense and analysis today - without it I don't think village could have won. Also congrats to Mixymama for playing a good wolf game and making me go from trying to lynch them for days to thinking they were probably village (isn't it good there was a tie yesterday when I was away so I wasn't part of lylo haha).
I was counting on having you on my side today but I was like... I’m glad you weren’t around because you would have never trusted me again. But go figure you finally have faith in me and I’m a dang wolf haha