--~~::: Official: Creighton and UNMC thread for 2007 application cycle :::~~--

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Creightonite

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
It seems like they are ignoring my status check e-mail. Not sure if I should call or what not, do not want to be annoying or anything. Let me know.

Members don't see this ad.

I got an email today updating my status, before that I couldn't find out anything.

For anyone who has already interviewed at Creighton, did they provide a timeframe as to when they would get back to you on a decision? Or maybe you could share any other pertinent admissions info they went over (ie #people interviewed, accepted, etc..). Could you also share your interview experience as well? Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad :)
how long did it take to return to you? I guess Creighton holds their decisions till the 15th.

awesome other people applying in Omaha!!! I want to live in Omaha next year. I love it there. I just applied though so I am a little behind you guys I guess. The dean at Creighton said I probably wouldn't get an interview til December now. Good luck to you all!!! Hope we all make it and i see you all in Omaha next year!!!

Anyone else interviewing at Creighton this Friday?

Hey guys! I'll be at Creighton next Friday (yes, Friday the 13th). I can't wait! :D

If any of you have questions, lemme know. I'm a Creighton undergrad and I interviewed there two weeks ago.

As for VD-MD, I know you PMed me earlier. I'm certain Creighton sticks to the Oct. 15th deadline. I've also heard it can be incredibly variable in when they let you know after your interview. One current student told me she interviewed in October two years ago, and didn't hear anything until February when she was accepted. Just be patient.

Good luck at the interviews. It took Creighton like 4 days to do a status update via e-mail.

Still a couple of hours away from Omaha. I'm sitting @ Max & Ermas waiting on my food at DTW airport.

For those that interviewed this cycle - any words of advice / tips / suggestions?

Members don't see this ad :)
I talked to a few people and the interview doesnt seem all that bad. Conversation based, no real ethics questions (unless you get an interviewer who decides to), may be open or closed file, etc.

for one, It is an open file interview this year.

for one, It is an open file interview this year.

every single interview? I read on the interview feedback that a couple last year were closed even though there was an open file policy. i guess it must have changed

Most of the interviews last years were closed file. This year they switched to the open file interviews, but some are interviewed with their file closed.

Just to verify - for tomorrow we park where it shows "v" in the map right? Next to building 43 (Arts). Then we walk to building # 10 (Criss II)? That's a loooong walk.

The F parking lot (across burt street) seems closer to Criss II but is that not visitor's parking?

Also anyone need a ride from the Double Tree hotel in downtown?

the parking across Burt st is for faculty and students. Park at the visitor parking lot.

Make sure you walk to the Upstream in the Old Market downtown for a microbrew to celebrate your interview !

hey!
if you guys want to go out for drinks after interviews let me know. :)

Hey for the interview, you dont have to bring anything correct?

does anyone think of calling them and asking about an acceptance? They said they could not tell you whether you were accepted but they could wink at you or imply something. Does anyone have the courage to call?

i called them today and was told that the addmission committee meetins have been delayed so no decision have been made even about early September interviews... which means that we probably will not hear from Creighton on 15th of Oct. I think November sounds about the right time when we hear anything from Creighton.

Hey for the interview, you dont have to bring anything correct?

This is true. BTW, the building name just says Criss not II or III. Also show up early. I showed up at the dot and everyone else was seated.

i called them today and was told that the addmission committee meetins have been delayed so no decision have been made even about early September interviews... which means that we probably will not hear from Creighton on 15th of Oct. I think November sounds about the right time when we hear anything from Creighton.

Didn't Dr. Nipper say it'll probably be ~ 4 weeks. So yeah I wouldn't expect anything till a couple of weeks after Oct 15th.

is anyone sending updates? like new grade information, etc.

Good luck to Friday, the 13th interviewees :smuggrin: :scared: . It looks like they took a break in issueing interview invited since none received any invites since 9/20

jigga-whaaaat? we won't be hearing until november? this sucks.

all they said the committee has not met yet (not sure I can believe that though, maybe they just tell people so they stop calling and asking). That's why I assumed it will be probably after this Friday. I think they want to look at their first batch as a whole, not in parts.

Did any of you do the EDP for Creighton? I hear one student as been admitted to the class so far (this was last weekend).

I have not heard of anyone being accepted. EDP people must've heard back already. Looks like their first batch of interviews is over.

someone please call them and ask when the committee is meeting to make decisions about the September interviews... I am afraid they would remember my voice. Call them after 1pm CST.

here is their phone: 402-280-2799

hahahaha you crack me up creigtonite. ok i'll do it.

ok here's the deal: to her knowledge, they haven't issued any accepts yet...she looked up my file, no decision yet (and i interviewed on sept. 29!)...she thought within the next couple weeks...if we haven't heard anything within 2 weeks, give a call back and check up on the status of our files.

argh. i just want a decisionnnnnn

thanks. I will wait to call till the end of this week.

spoke to admissions people today and they said my profile will not be reviewed for another 4 weeks :(... Man, I was interviewed back in September. If anyone hears from them, please update this thread. Seems like Creighton is behind this year.

spoke to admissions people today and they said my profile will not be reviewed for another 4 weeks :(... Man, I was interviewed back in September. If anyone hears from them, please update this thread. Seems like Creighton is behind this year.

What day did you interview?

It's not a race to see who can get into med school the fastest. Anyone who hears before January should consider themselves lucky to have heard so early in the cycle. Think of those who end up on 5 waitlists and dont' hear until April or May.

I'm sure Creighton will start letting people know in the next few weeks. I'm finally starting to accept that patience is key to keeping your sanity during this application process.

no, it's not a race...however, it is frustrating when applicants are told one thing and it is not upheld. i feel that at some level, we need to be respected as far as our time, money, and yes, sanity goes as well.

Hey guys, Just found these forums as I agonize about applying this year...I'm a reapplicant this year but hopefully with a 3pt improvement in my MCAT (9, 9, 11 --> 12, 9, 11) and good grades in my Masters program I'll have a shot (had a 3.1 at Northwestern). My UNMC interview is in 2 weeks!

Last year I didnt even get an interview at Creighton, but hopefully this year they'll give me a shot.

well, for me the situation is a bit different. Grad school is quite lengthly and there is a bit of stuff I have to do before I am allowed to graduate, and it is not just taking classes I am talking about... a comp. exam and a dissertation. If I knew I were accpeted, I had more courage to speed things up in writting.

anyone have the stats for number of people who actually get accepted (OOS) compared to the number interviewed. I can only find the number of OOS that matriculated which doesnt really say much for total acceptances. thanks

I dont really have anything new or exciting to add to this conversation, I just need to vent: I too interviewed on Sep 29th. They said 3 weeks...I know, I know, they didnt guarantee 3 weeks, but come on guys! Its been 3.57 weeks now, so I have to imagine Mr. Postman is on his way with my letter any day now, right?! Please! I want to go to THIS school soooooooo bad.

And MT4...who were you? We probably met...guess that's personal, but pm me if you want. That goes for anyone else who was there on the 29th! Good luck to all, and here's hoping we hear soon....

*Practice Good Health -- Play doctor :laugh: *

I was told to wait 4 weeks last week (I was interviewed in middle of Sept.) by an adcom. I spoke to another applicant who was interviewed about the same time as I was... The adcom he spoke to told him "I think you will be waitlisted"

About how long after your application being complete did they send you interview invites?

I dont really have anything new or exciting to add to this conversation, I just need to vent: I too interviewed on Sep 29th. They said 3 weeks...I know, I know, they didnt guarantee 3 weeks, but come on guys! Its been 3.57 weeks now, so I have to imagine Mr. Postman is on his way with my letter any day now, right?! Please! I want to go to THIS school soooooooo bad.

And MT4...who were you? We probably met...guess that's personal, but pm me if you want. That goes for anyone else who was there on the 29th! Good luck to all, and here's hoping we hear soon....

*Practice Good Health -- Play doctor :laugh: *

nnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! I'm only at 2 weeks, and I was so hoping on a reply on the 3 week mark :(

You guys could talk to adcoms on Thursday during office hours (either on the phone or in person, I prefer in person). They might clear some things up for you. It kinda worked for me... got some hints (now intepretation of these hints is a different story, lol).