--~~::: Official: Creighton and UNMC thread for 2007 application cycle :::~~--

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They interview till the end of March, btw.

Members don't see this ad.

I finally got my acceptance to UNMC today!! I interviewed November 3 and feel like I have been waiting forever. The letter was dated 2/1 and I'm in-state. Good luck to everyone!

Well, that gives me a little hope, I was starting to think I was doomed to the waitlist. I interviewed Nov. 10th, and I am in-state as well. Congrats C-dawg!

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats!! I am still waiting for my first acceptance.

In state and still waiting too... has anyone confirmed this random review stuff?

I had talked to Jackie O'Hara and she told me that they interview at random.

Has anyone who has already been accepted recieved any other information, letters, confirmations, etc. from UNMC?

Did anyone interview at Creighton last Friday?? How did it go?

I did. I thought it went well, I was very impressed overall with Creighton's Medical School in general, but also with how nice everyone was.

Hey C-Dawg,

I was accepted in early Jan to UNMC. I have not received any communication since and I am starting to wonder if something is wrong. I have visions of my acceptance letter being misplaced or discarded and my seat was given away. I should go and check. Has anyone else received any additional info from UNMC?

MJ

Hey C-Dawg,

I was accepted in early Jan to UNMC. I have not received any communication since and I am starting to wonder if something is wrong. I have visions of my acceptance letter being misplaced or discarded and my seat was given away. I should go and check. Has anyone else received any additional info from UNMC?

MJ

You are supposed to put down the deposit and fill out the forms to accept the position (non-binding, of course) within 2 weeks. Other than that, there doesn't need to be any more communication.

I would appreciate some information on financial aid, scholarships, orientation dates, academic calender, etc... kind of disappointing...

I would appreciate some information on financial aid, scholarships, orientation dates, academic calender, etc... kind of disappointing...

They reported on USNews' survey that 100% of the class receives some sort of aid, so I'm sure your phone call/letter is on its way. It took a while for me to get mine but I'm sure you will get something.

I've actually received a some other information from them other than the financial aid stuff, health/physical requirements, and the acceptance packet. They also sent me a letter with Medical Student Research Program information as well as an application (deadline has already passed!!). You're in, hang tight, they will probably send us everything if we decide to go there. (they don't want to send out tons of info for people who aren't going to come out you know).

I got a call from UNMC today to tell me that I received an in-state tuition waiver. They said they'd be sending some of them out this week via snail mail.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just talked to UNMC. The last date for decisions is March 15th. So anytime between now and about one month from now, all of us UNMC waiters will have heard something in the mail.....theoretically.....

Oh, they are still doing the random file pulling :thumbdown:

It worked great for me as I was a late applicant... works great for procrastinators like myself :D. Best of luck to all others :thumbup:!

We're half way there
Livin' on a prayer
Take my hand and we'll make it - I swear
Livin' on a prayer
We've got to hold on ready or not
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got
We're half way there
Livin' on a prayer
Take my hand and we'll make it - I swear
Livin' on a prayer

My prayer being that I'll actually hear from them anytime soon.... :sleep:

Hey there,

I interviewed last Friday, on Feb 9th at Creighton. I really liked it! The people and professors are so nice

I just talked to UNMC. The last date for decisions is March 15th. So anytime between now and about one month from now, all of us UNMC waiters will have heard something in the mail.....theoretically.....

Yeah. My file was reviewed once but no decision was made so I'll probably get rejected...thank god I just got an acceptance elsewhere! Only sad part is I guess I wont be seeing more of my parents anytime soon...:scared: :mad: :(

hey guys

i have some questions. i found out today that i was waitlisted at creighton. i really want to go :oops:) i was wondering, how many people usually get off the waitlist every year at creighton? i'm not sure if its only a few people or quite a bit. does anyone know approximately how many people they expect to take off the waitlist this year?

also, does everyone interviewed at creighton either get waitlisted or accepted, or do they actually reject people post-interview? from what i've heard, most people get an acceptance or waitlist leter.

thanks so much for your help!

Ok if I remember right it was mentioned at the interview that very few people are rejected post interview. Also they said to send any new information because they will reevaluate your file from scratch when the waitlist moves.

hey guys

i have some questions. i found out today that i was waitlisted at creighton. i really want to go :oops:) i was wondering, how many people usually get off the waitlist every year at creighton? i'm not sure if its only a few people or quite a bit. does anyone know approximately how many people they expect to take off the waitlist this year?

also, does everyone interviewed at creighton either get waitlisted or accepted, or do they actually reject people post-interview? from what i've heard, most people get an acceptance or waitlist leter.

How did you hear about the waitlist?? Did you get a letter or did you call. I thought the Committee was meeting tomorrow. When did you interview? I wonder if I should call the admissions office today. When I interviewed they said that they are interviewing about 610 applicants and gave out about 300 acceptances last year to fill their 126 spots. About 50% chance that you'll get an acceptance if you get an interview. I also remember them saying that they'll re-evaluate your file from scratch when they pull people off the wait list. Like Xotica said. Hope this helps.

Hey DrMontana,

I got a letter in the mail this week. I would call the office if you havent heard already from them. Good luck :oops:)

hey guys

Hi, I'm a 4th year and I was initially waitlisted. If you truly want to go to Creighton, calling Dr. Nipper or sending letters expressing your interest in Creighton always helps. It did for me!

Hi Jet915,

Thank you so much for your advice. I really do want to go to Creighton. The atmosphere was GREAT. People are so nice and helpful. I think it's a really great school. And I actually would like to live in Omaha, after living on the crazy east coast for 25 years of my life!

Thanks again! will keep you posted :oops:)

Just found out I'm waitlisted at UNMC - anybody here have any info on their waitlist? Length and/or how much they pull from the waitlist? TIA for any help.........

Did they tell you what quartile you were in? When I was at my interview one of the faculty told us that for as long as she has been there the first quartile has been accepted, and that the second usually gets in as well...I was also waitlisted, but in the first quartile, so I'm pretty happy.:)

Hey this is my first post ever, figured I'd finally join the SDN club! I, also, am wondering if anyone had any thoughts about UNMC's waitlist, or more specifically what month they typically begin accepting the alternates?

Here's my deal...being a 2007 applicant I applied to lots of medical schools and got a healthy mix of acceptances, rejections, and waitlists. I've been placed on the first quartile alternate list at UNMC, and I'm quite happy! UNMC is my absolute number one choice for a variety of reasons, and even in the event that the first quartile alternates are not accepted this year, I'd still be happy with that automatic deferment until '08.

Do you guys care about the US News rankings?... cuz if you do you'd be happy to hear that UNMC moved up one this year (10th for Primary Care) :thumbup:.

Does anyone know if Creighton has started to move people off the waitlist??

Does anyone know if Creighton has started to move people off the waitlist??

I just got an email from the ADCOM (a reply to one I sent to them) and they said that they'll start re-reviewing our files in May and will start pulling people of the waitlist at the beginning of June. At least now I know that I won't be hearing anything for a while. Makes the wait a little more bearable. Hope that helps.

hey dr. montana,

i am in your same boat. i hope that we get in off the wait list!

i think you interviewed at creighton the same date as i did. you interviewed on feb 9th, right?

I heard that we will be reviewing waitist spots after the 20th of May. If anyone hears back, let all of us know.

hey guys, i got this mysterious e-mail from some military recruiter. This e-mail was sent to like 218 e-mails which are shown. Last year they accepted 305 people, 126 of which ended up at Creighton. Did anyone else got this e-mail?

-------------------------------------
Medical Professionals:

The Health Professions Scholarship Program (HPSP) is a full medical
scholarship that the Army has to offer. Here are the basics of the
scholarship:

100% FULL TUITION
PAID SCHOOL REQUIRED FEES (EXCEPT HOUSING AND MEALS) REIMBURSEMENT FOR
THE COST OF REQUIRED BOOKS AND EQUIPMENT MONTHLY STIPEND OF OVER $1,300
(MAY GO UP TO $1,800) NO DEPLOYMENT DURING SCHOOL, RESIDENCY, OR
FELLOWSHIP NO BASIC TRAINING

TO QUALIFY:
Be accepted or enrolled in an AMA or AOA school of medicine
Be a U.S. citizen
Qualify to be a Commissioned Officer

If you are interested and care to learn more about the scholarship,
please feel free to contact me.

v/r,

CPT FRANCISCO GUMATAOTAO
DES MOINES MEDICAL RCTG STN

nope, haven't gotten that one

if that e-mail was sent out to all WL'ers it would make more sense. In the list of e-mail, I saw there a friend's email who was waitlisted as well. Maybe this it is for all WL people... but then they would be mocking us as "medical professionals" if we did not get in.

hey,

i am wait listed at creighton but didnt get that email. weird!

nope, haven't gotten that one

you were accepted, right. Probably there will be another set of e-mails coming out that cover all 600 interviewees.

you were accepted, right. Probably there will be another set of e-mails coming out that cover all 600 interviewees.

yep. probably will be, i never get any good email gosh darn it.

got a reply today from the army person that this was sent to everyone who took MCAT. Seems kind of weird because there are only 218 e-mails included and two of those e-mail belong to Creighton WL'ers that I know of... I counted like 30 something Creighton students in there.

got a reply today from the army person that this was sent to everyone who took MCAT. Seems kind of weird because there are only 218 e-mails included and two of those e-mail belong to Creighton WL'ers that I know of... I counted like 30 something Creighton students in there.

recruiters are regional aren't they? because even though i am going to school there, i don't 'reside' in that region yet. i've deleted all of those i have received, but i am pretty sure my recruiter was either from CO or WA.

bringing this thread back to life... 6/1 is nearing. At Creighton, some decisions will be made sometime this week.

Lots of talk about Creighton here... what about UNMC? I have been placed in the first quartile on UNMC's alternate list, but no response yet.

I e-mailed Gigi last week; she told me that the waitlist is moving, but didn't tell me where. Does anyone have any further insight as to how deep UNMC is, or when those in the first and second tiers can expect a letter?

Congrats to all of you accepted to Creighton. I'm not from Omaha, and I didn't realize the two campuses are so close together (like 15 blocks)! Maybe I'll see ya'll this fall.

...in the meantime, I'm out to soak up as much of this beautiful Colorado weather as I still can!

Hello, hello? Anyone still on UNMC's alternate list or just receive an acceptance?

2q waitlister here. Still no word. Seems to be moving slower this year compared to last year. Hopefully it speeds up in June.

Yeah, it sure seems like it. I think UNMC was into the 2nd quartile by this time last year. I wonder what the hold up is eh?

Maybe more applicants are having a tough time deciding this year. UNMC is absolute tops for me. So....any of you accepted students who are still on the fence, hurry up with the decision making already:)

waiting sucks...it seems that's all I've done since October....eh, it'll be worth it.

Say just curious, do any of you have an idea what the applicant pool is like at UNMC, as far as undergrad background goes? I didn't attend a NE undergrad school, so I didn't participate in that whole "feeder college" pre-med culture. What percentage of a typical UNMC class is from UNL?

Creighton is supposed start notifying of acceptances starting from today. Did anyone call them or got off from their WL?

I called, no action for me. They said they just have a WL pool, so all updates help.

i talked to them today. They said "they had a little bit of WL movement"... no update for me though.

Just seeing if anyone has heard of any movement on the UNMC waitlist. Last I heard they were still offering spots from the first quartile. Moving very slow this year. Hope it picks up soon.:luck:

No news regarding my spot on UNMC's alternate list either. I called the admissions office today; they said they're still in the first quartile and acknowledged that they too are surprised by the slow movement of this year's waitlist.

I wasn't expecting to wait this long...hopefully this month we'll see more spots open up. Let's keep the dialogue open, and if anyone hears anything about waitlist movement, post it here!

How's Creighton's alternate list coming along? As slow as UNMC's?