--~~::: Official: Creighton and UNMC thread for 2007 application cycle :::~~--

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
seems very slow at Creighton. I am aware of one person who got accepted from WL on the 1st of June.

Members don't see this ad.

hmmm, I wonder what's in the Omaha water that's making people stick around!

Well, keep updating and if anyone has news let the rest of us know eh?

Seeing how slow and painful this UNMC list is moving, I'm glad that I got accepted elsewhere.

Members don't see this ad :)
^Congratsss!

BTW- bit of info about Creighton, I called last week and they have given out 11 acceptances as of yet. I don't know much about alternate lists, but is that fast? slow? or extremely slow?

and I'm still hoping for a positive outcome.. :luck:

It seems like the Creighton waitlist is moving slowly :( All I can do is pray that either Creighton or my other waitlist works out. Hopefully things will pick up.

I withdrew from the Creighton list, so hopefully that moves people up a little bit. :s

^Congratsss!

BTW- bit of info about Creighton, I called last week and they have given out 11 acceptances as of yet. I don't know much about alternate lists, but is that fast? slow? or extremely slow?

and I'm still hoping for a positive outcome.. :luck:

I suppose it depends on the school, but that seems slow to me. I'm surprised they gave you that information. UNMC and my other waitlists are pretty hush hush about how many people are on their alternate list and how far along they are. All I know is that they're still in the first quartile. By snooping around last year's forums I found that UNMC was well into the second quartile by mid-May.

It seems all schools treat alternates in different ways. UNMC's alternate list is fixed as of the last meeting by the admissions committee (March 15th probably). No shuffling occurs among alternates once the list is set. I know this because I sent a few letters of intent to the school, and the admissions office said thanks, but there is nothing I can do to up my spot on the list.

Here's a question...does anybody know, after being accepted from the alternate list, how long one has to respond before they move on down the list?

I believe that you have 2 weeks to make a decision after you are accepted off of the waitlist at UNMC. Also, students may be holding a waitlist acceptance and outright acceptance waiting for financial aid info. I am getting nervous about this list not moving this year but I am not going to give up hope until about mid to late July. I have been told that some decent movement usually occurs in July and know of numerous people that were accepted last year the week before school started. Hard to keep up hope with such a slow moving list but that is all I have right now. Hang in there everyone.

Not a word for me either. I've been keeping tabs with the admissions staff, and they seem just as surprised as I am with the very slow movement of this year's alternate list. I believe it has come to an outright standstill these past three weeks. Seems everyone wants to keep their spot at UNMC. Hmmm, I guess there's not much to do except keep waiting...

This stinks. Sounds like they will be luck to even make it through the first quartile which is unheard of. Hopefully being in the second quartile this year will help me out for next year. Best of luck to all of you.

A really cool guy who interviewed with me at Creighton got off the Creighton waitlist a week before the end of June. Even though he had another acceptance, he chose Creighton.

I am still on the Creighton waitlist but haven't heard anything. I have another acceptance though, so I am just preparing to attend that school.

Yup, we're through here, bummer. It's UNMC entering class of '08 for me (it'll be worth the wait). Is anyone else taking up an auto-deferment offer?

Good luck to all of those reapplying, perhaps I'll see you next year!