This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AlphaStudent

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

My MCAT exam is January 19th and Im going to have approximately 35 days to seriously study for it once my school semester is over in December. I spent about 2.5 months doing content review/light practice with princeton review during the summer already. At the end of the summer, I scored a 499 on the Princeton review full length exam 1. Also I spent this semester (about 3 months) lightly looking over content/doing practice problems.

Any advice on how I should spend these last 35 days to study? Is it possible to get a decent score within this time constraint? Shooting for 509-510ish.

Members don't see this ad.

Practice, practice, practice. There really is no other way to get ready for a massive passage-based multiple-choice test than to do tons and tons of passage-based multiple-choice questions. Don't skimp on AAMC materials!

Reactions: 1 user
Stop doing content. Hit a variety of practice exams (NS, EK, etc) for the next month and then exclusively work on the AAMC material for the last month leading up to this exam. In this order, start with: Q Packs, Sample (Unscored), Section Banks, Official 1, 2, 3 ).

Reactions: 3 users
Stop doing content. Hit a variety of practice exams (NS, EK, etc) for the next month and then exclusively work on the AAMC material for the last month leading up to this exam. In this order, start with: Q Packs, Sample (Unscored), Section Banks, Official 1, 2, 3 ).
how long should each of these take (Qpacks, Section bank, FL, etc)? I have access to tons of princeton review practice problems rn and all the AAMC stuff, but i should probably focus exclusively on AAMC stuff last month im guessing.

how long should each of these take (Qpacks, Section bank, FL, etc)? I have access to tons of princeton review practice problems rn and all the AAMC stuff, but i should probably focus exclusively on AAMC stuff last month im guessing.

Yea focus on AAMC stuff.. you will realize pretty quickly that there questions are unique (and obv more indicative of the stuff you will see test day).

I would take an AAMC full length practice test sometime this week (I'm assuming you have some kind of fall break). If you're still in the 490s or very low 500s I would strongly consider postponing your exam and taking it when you have more dedicated study time. The only mistake you can make at this point is hamstringing yourself with a bad first score. Take an AAMC FL (more indicative of your actual score) and see how you feel about the results. Good luck.

Reactions: 1 user