I'd also like to emphasize that the reason the admissions office has such a flexible interview day (which I was personally grateful for, I hated financial aid meetings) is not because we all think that Columbia doesn't need to sell itself. That's not it at all, the reason is because Columbia sells itself in other ways besides having group info sessions and such. Research, academic support, early clinical experiences, diverse learning strategies, etc can all be found at most schools (probably all). That stuff is great and all, but that's not what makes her unique compared to the many other great choices that are out there. A laid back structure allows for lots of student-applicant interaction, and it also gives interviewers the chance to give one on one info sessions of a sort that are focused to the interests of each applicant. The enthusiasm of our student body and physicians here, the relaxed environment, and our diversity of interests are what defines P&S. These are things better experienced than talked about in group info session.