-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2009-2010 Oregon Health & Sciences University (OHSU) Application Thread
Started by shemarty
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
anyone know where they are with interview scheduling?
I scheduled last week and they were scheduling from early to late January
I scheduled last week and they were scheduling from early to late January
Good luck on ur interview elijah and put in a good word for me there 😉

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know what interview date they are at for giving out acceptances/post-interview holds?
I am wondering about this too...I interviewed 4 weeks ago and am hoping I wont have to wait until after the holidays for an update
anyone know if the committee will be active for at least the first half of next week?
Has anybody been waiting till close to 12 weeks after being complete on the review process?
Has anybody been waiting till close to 12 weeks after being complete on the review process?
Last year I waited 16 weeks before an interview invite
Last year I waited 16 weeks before an interview invite
Thanks, did you try to contact them after 12 weeks?
im getting thereHas anybody been waiting till close to 12 weeks after being complete on the review process?
I had to wait exactly 12 weeks before I was invited for an interview.Has anybody been waiting till close to 12 weeks after being complete on the review process?
Thanks. I wonder if it may take longer than the usual 12 weeks b/c of the all of the holidays. 9.5 weeks and still waiting.
Has anybody been flat out rejected after 12 weeks? I was assuming that those that get interviewed get the invite way before the 12 week mark.
Has anybody been flat out rejected after 12 weeks? I was assuming that those that get interviewed get the invite way before the 12 week mark.
It is exactly 3 months since I was marked complete & under review, and I have not heard a peep
Today I got an invite!!
6.5 weeks since I was marked as complete. IS.
6.5 weeks since I was marked as complete. IS.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got a hold post interview🙁 Anyone receive any decisions post interview recently? Do they reject any applicants at this stage or do post-interviewees just get a hold if they are not accepted outright?
From what they told us, the vast majority get placed on hold. Then, as the season goes on, they lower the point requirements for acceptance and people come off the list.
By the way, when did you interview?
Yeah. It always sucks to be placed on hold. It sounds like OHSU takes a good amount off the wait list, but it's not like I haven't heard that before.
SN2ed, how is your luck coming along? Any acceptances?
Not yet, but I'm waiting on two schools which should respond in Jan. Plus, I have another interview in a few weeks. On top of that, I could hear from a previous school in Jan. Hopefully it all pans out

Do they reject any applicants at this stage or do post-interviewees just get a hold if they are not accepted outright?
Yes, some applicants are rejected post-interview. Most, however, are placed on the hold list.
It sounds like OHSU takes a good amount off the wait list, but it's not like I haven't heard that before.
The vast majority of OHSU's accepted students come from the hold list. Don't let the holds get you down. It is definitely not an endgame with OHSU.
For the record, the hold list is not the same as a waitlist. It just means that you haven't been placed in a strict category yet. Some applicants on the hold list will be accepted before the waitlist is created, others will be flat out rejected in a few months, and the rest will be given a waitlist number.
Anyone who interviewed Dec 1st or later heard anything?
I'm guessing that Dec 1st people will hear in about two weeks since Schwann was Nov 19th and just heard back.
where do you guys check your application status? I sent everything in about a month ago, but I haven't gotten an e-mail or anything saying I am complete!!
This is not good....
Status page at:
https://www.ohsu.edu/som/md/admissions/index.cfm
It's so hard to keep waiting!
I check my status page almost every day... madness. I suspect I'll be done with all my other interviews before I even have an interview invitation here - if I get one at all.
That said, be sure to keep checking your status page. I never got an email when my file was complete - they just updated the online site and switched the message from "processing" to "screening for an interview."
I check my status page almost every day... madness. I suspect I'll be done with all my other interviews before I even have an interview invitation here - if I get one at all.
That said, be sure to keep checking your status page. I never got an email when my file was complete - they just updated the online site and switched the message from "processing" to "screening for an interview."
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's so hard to keep waiting!
I check my status page almost every day... madness. I suspect I'll be done with all my other interviews before I even have an interview invitation here - if I get one at all.
That said, be sure to keep checking your status page. I never got an email when my file was complete - they just updated the online site and switched the message from "processing" to "screening for an interview."
They send you an email when you get an interview invite. It's the only time they sent me an email.
Oh, that's good to know. Maybe I'll stop logging onto that page every day... maybe twice a day... 🙂
Do they accept pre-interview update emails? I'm on hold right now.
I believe they do as I just sent them one. You have to snail mail it though; the e-mail address they have does not receive e-mails. If you look on the status page there is a note about this I think.
Got my snail mail rejection yesterday. Too bad, I worked really hard on those essays. Was kind of expecting it since they don't like Cali people. Honestly I was glad they at least rejected me THIS year. My sister got her rejection from the dental program after she was through her first year at Harvard Dental. haha
hey medgirl was there a change in your online status?Got my snail mail rejection yesterday. Too bad, I worked really hard on those essays. Was kind of expecting it since they don't like Cali people. Honestly I was glad they at least rejected me THIS year. My sister got her rejection from the dental program after she was through her first year at Harvard Dental. haha
Got my snail mail rejection yesterday. Too bad, I worked really hard on those essays. Was kind of expecting it since they don't like Cali people. Honestly I was glad they at least rejected me THIS year. My sister got her rejection from the dental program after she was through her first year at Harvard Dental. haha
When were u complete? and IF you don't mind me asking, what were ur stats?
So, tomorrow is four weeks for the Dec 2. interviewees. Any indications as to when we might hear back? I was thinking probably more toward the 5-6 week range because of the holiday, but that's just a guess...
It's been 5 not 4 weeks.
It's been 5 not 4 weeks.
True. I interviewed Dec. 1st... Lets hope something comes our way this week!
When were u complete? and IF you don't mind me asking, what were ur stats?
Don't remember when I was complete. But I sent in my secondary pretty soon after I got it. The deadline for me was October 25th I think.
33S MCAT, 3.9 BCPM 3.9 AO
Undergrad: University of California
hey medgirl was there a change in your online status?
Haven't checked my status yet...But I guess it's updated? I'm too lazy to look right now lol. Got schoolwork to do for tomorrow. 😀
Just got an interview here, pretty excited. Can anyone tell me what time the interview day starts and ends? Would it be feasible to drive from Seattle down?
Just got an interview here, pretty excited. Can anyone tell me what time the interview day starts and ends? Would it be feasible to drive from Seattle down?
Come ooonnn... you know the drill... when were you complete? You got to remember to feed us other neurotic SDNers info so we can obsess about it 😱😱😱😱
Come ooonnn... you know the drill... when were you complete? You got to remember to feed us other neurotic SDNers info so we can obsess about it 😱😱😱😱
Sorry, can't find the completion e-mail (if I ever got one), paid app fee on 10/11 though. OOS (Washington)
EDIT: status page says complete 10/20.
Also,
"You have until February 25, 2010 to come in for your interviews. The following interview dates are available to choose from:
Monday, February 8
Tuesday, February 9
Wednesday, February 10
Thursday, February 11
Monday, February 22
Tuesday, February 23
Wednesday, February 24
Thursday, February 25"
just to let you know where they're at
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got an interview here, pretty excited. Can anyone tell me what time the interview day starts and ends? Would it be feasible to drive from Seattle down?
The day starts at 7:45 AM. It can end any time. It depends on when your interviews are. I was done at 3:00, but others weren't done until 5:00. There's a lot of down time, but you can sit in on lectures and explore on your own. Once you pick a date, there'll be a link on the status page to a pdf describing the day. Also, they'll tell you some info on the phone when you call to schedule the appointment.
I flew into Seattle to visit a friend and drove down the night before. I got a really nice hotel in downtown for only 55 dollars (+ tax) a night via priceline (bidding). Unless you do not mind getting up before 5:00AM, I wouldn't drive in that day from Seattle.
The day starts at 7:45 AM. It can end any time. It depends on when your interviews are. I was done at 3:00, but others weren't done until 5:00. There's a lot of down time, but you can sit in on lectures and explore on your own. Once you pick a date, there'll be a link on the status page to a pdf describing the day. Also, they'll tell you some info on the phone when you call to schedule the appointment.
I flew into Seattle to visit a friend and drove down the night before. I got a really nice hotel in downtown for only 55 dollars (+ tax) a night via priceline (bidding). Unless you do not mind getting up before 5:00AM, I wouldn't drive in that day from Seattle.
Thanks. That kind of sucks, but at least its not 7:45 AM EASTERN TIME like other interviews...
has anyone else been complete since September and still waiting to be done screening!? I was complete 9/22 and that is closer to 16 weeks than 12 weeks....
yeah im close i guess. i was complete at the very beginning of octoberhas anyone else been complete since September and still waiting to be done screening!? I was complete 9/22 and that is closer to 16 weeks than 12 weeks....
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 543
- Views
- 156K
- Replies
- 730
- Views
- 223K
- Replies
- 444
- Views
- 108K
- Replies
- 664
- Views
- 172K