2009-2010 Oregon Health & Sciences University (OHSU) Application Thread

Started by shemarty
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those of you who haven't received an email yet, check your status too. Last year when people were rejected at this point they just got a status change saying that a final decision has been reached and that they would be getting correspondence in the mail. You may also find your alternate spot before you get an email, as my number is now listed on my status page.
 
I feel your pain tpham1030. I was on hold since November...

long, is the candy inside your van...
 
lol I wonder what order they're sending out the emails in...last name? interview date? throwing darts at random names? knowing this whole application process its probably the last one 😳
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those of you who haven't received an email yet, check your status too. Last year when people were rejected at this point they just got a status change saying that a final decision has been reached and that they would be getting correspondence in the mail. You may also find your alternate spot before you get an email, as my number is now listed on my status page.

Oh no! So if you don't have any status change since your interview, and no waitlist number, then does that mean you're rejected? I'm so sad! 🙁
 
Goodfruit,
I would not assume you are rejected until the tell you or say that their decision is coming in the mail. There is still hope!! :luck: It will probably take throughout they day and maybe next to send out all of the emails and update everyone's status...I am not envious of that job.
 
Oh man where's my email =( hahaha now i'll be checking my email every 2 minutes for the rest of the day

hahaha same here.. i was mentally prepared to wait until Friday, but now that emails are going out i won't be able to sit still!

jdwmont: i don't wanna jump the gun, but i think it's safe to offer my congratulations 😉
 
lol I wonder what order they're sending out the emails in...last name? interview date? throwing darts at random names? knowing this whole application process its probably the last one 😳


I'm guessing it's by interview date. Those two that posted their waitlist numbers already interviewed pretty early.
 
Oh no! So if you don't have any status change since your interview, and no waitlist number, then does that mean you're rejected? I'm so sad! 🙁

I'm in the same position as you, not even one update yet, much less a ranking haha.

I'm being optimistic, but I would venture a guess that all decisions were made last Thursday and they are just sending them out as fast as they can. Since everything is predetermined, some people will know their rankings before others know their status. I hope it just means you and I haven't been picked up from the pile of files to update our statuses.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I also interviewed the first week of december and haven't heard anything. I like tpham1030's guess of darts going at random names.
 
I just don't get why in the age of technology, it takes so long to do anything. If the decisions are in the computer already (which I assume they are since our files are electronic) then shouldn't they just be able to click an "update everyone" button?

Anyway, I foresee loosing much sleep tonight if I don't hear by the end of the day... 🙂
 
I just don't get why in the age of technology, it takes so long to do anything. If the decisions are in the computer already (which I assume they are since our files are electronic) then shouldn't they just be able to click an "update everyone" button?

Anyway, I foresee loosing much sleep tonight if I don't hear by the end of the day... 🙂

I think our files are electronic, but the decisions aren't. They are probably notes taken and forms filled out by the committee. The delay is probably transferring those notes into meaningful status updates. But yes, I won't have any sleep either. I think most of the updates for the day might be over...
 
So I am an alternate for the MD/MPH program, but it was not ranked 👎. Anyone else having this issue? Either way I am withdrawing. Good luck to everyone and I hope the waitlist moves far this year!
 
So I am an alternate for the MD/MPH program, but it was not ranked 👎. Anyone else having this issue? Either way I am withdrawing. Good luck to everyone and I hope the waitlist moves far this year!

I remember them saying the MD/MPH & PhD alternate lists weren't ranked because it was more dynamic than simple numbers could explain.
 
Interviewed mid November. Alternate rank #47. I should have smiled a little harder in my interview.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interviewed early December. got the email at 1 PM. I feel decent about that number, but does anybody have any real idea? Right now I'm deciding if I can even afford to go there. My other option is half the cost of tuition that OHSU is, but I loved the school and Portland!
 
I found this on last year's thread:

2003: #90's
2004: #64
2005: not sure
2006: #98
2007: #77
2008: #57
2009: #37

Interviewed early December. got the email at 1 PM. I feel decent about that number, but does anybody have any real idea? Right now I'm deciding if I can even afford to go there. My other option is half the cost of tuition that OHSU is, but I loved the school and Portland!

Based on those numbers you should probably start looking for housing. Sooo lucky haha.
 
I'm wondering, has anyone who interviewed late March early April still not received any status change? If so, what kinda boat do you think we're in?? BTW I'm a reapplicant. Interviewed March 30.
 
I interviewed in November... but I've been on hold for a long time. Haha. I don't know if there is really any logic as to who has gotten a rank email and who hasn't? Who knows. I wasn't expecting anything so soon, but then people started posting on here. Now I'm super curious.

Good luck everyone!
 
I interviewed in November... but I've been on hold for a long time. Haha. I don't know if there is really any logic as to who has gotten a rank email and who hasn't? Who knows. I wasn't expecting anything so soon, but then people started posting on here. Now I'm super curious.

Good luck everyone!

I know! I was all geared to wait until Friday, then someone says they get a number and my whole day is spent checking my stupid status.
 
I know! I was all geared to wait until Friday, then someone says they get a number and my whole day is spent checking my stupid status.

Haha, in the same boat as you. I think it might be a little late for more updates though. They usually seem to be done changing them by noon, and it's getting really close to quitting time haha. Way too much excitement today to just be left without a decision for us March and April-ers.
 
I interviewed 12/1 and still no news. Didn't someone say in last years thread that it was an alphabetical thing? If it is, I'm towards the end.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Haha, in the same boat as you. I think it might be a little late for more updates though. They usually seem to be done changing them by noon, and it's getting really close to quitting time haha. Way too much excitement today to just be left without a decision for us March and April-ers.

I haven't heard anything after my late March interview either. I guess we'll all find out tomorrow. I hope everyone can sleep okay!
 
Has anybody been accepted today? Btw, I interviewed 3/30, and got held about 2 weeks ago, if that helps anyone's curiosity or confidence or lack thereof!
 
Interviewed early December. got the email at 1 PM. I feel decent about that number, but does anybody have any real idea? Right now I'm deciding if I can even afford to go there. My other option is half the cost of tuition that OHSU is, but I loved the school and Portland!


Half the cost? What school? Is it an in-state tuition for that one vs out-of-state for Oregon?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.