You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2009-2010 Yale University Application Thread
Started by shemarty
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
got an invite this evening around 8pm. complete 7/16. i'm happy!
congrats! got great stats?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interview Invite this evening too! First invite ever! Complete 7/21.
Interview Invite this evening too! First invite ever! Complete 7/21.
nice work man, nice work
So I am kind of angry right now. I submitted June 13 and my app still says that it is not complete. I called the admissions people and they said to consider myself complete since everything has been received, but I fear that because my online status says that I am incomplete that they have yet to look at my file.😡
Congrats to those who got interviewed and best of luck to those in waiting. Got a quick question, what interview dates where you guys given in the email? I assumed they were starting the interview process early but not that early... I mean the latest date I had was the first week of september.
I was hoping they had dates sometime in october to allow me get some practice from safety schools. As it stands, Yale is my first interview and first choice, I just hope I don't screw up.
I was hoping they had dates sometime in october to allow me get some practice from safety schools. As it stands, Yale is my first interview and first choice, I just hope I don't screw up.
my interview dates were aug 26 31 and sept 2 and 4. wayyy too soon and i didnt want yale to be my first interview. reschedule?
my interview dates were aug 26 31 and sept 2 and 4. wayyy too soon and i didnt want yale to be my first interview. reschedule?
Same worries. Considering that decisions will not be made till next year, I don't know how I feel having to interview this early..😕
Congrats on the interview invites! Yale's much earlier this year than last, if I remember correctly...
Add yourselves to the interview invite thread!
Add yourselves to the interview invite thread!
my interview dates were aug 26 31 and sept 2 and 4. wayyy too soon and i didnt want yale to be my first interview. reschedule?
oh just kidding, the interview dates go all the way to october 16th. u just gotta click on the month on the calendar.
oh just kidding, the interview dates go all the way to october 16th. u just gotta click on the month on the calendar.
Yes I was extremely nervous about the dates but then I just clicked on Sept and Oct and a whole bunch of dates appeared. I feel much better now.
Since this school is rolling a later interview date won't hurt us, right?
Congrats to all who got interviews and best of luck to us all! I scheduled mine late September in a way that didn't conflict with any of my other interview dates. I didn't see any october dates available : ( (got invite last Thursday)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So what is Yale system?
So what is Yale system?
Please spend at least ten minutes on the Yale School of medicine website, the answers are all there. There is a whole viewbook and everything.
Last edited:
You should spend at least ten minutes on the Yale School of medicine website before you ask this. There is a whole viewbook and everything.
and its amazing! Made me fall in love with the school.
This may sound like a stupid question, but does Yale recieve mcat scores from AMCAS or do i have to send my scores through the mcat service?
Thanks in advance.
Thanks in advance.
this may sound like a stupid question, but does yale recieve mcat scores from amcas or do i have to send my scores through the mcat service?
Thanks in advance.
amcas.
nice. i was complete on the 13th...hopefully will hear something soon.Just got an interview! Complete on 8/10.
but congrats!
Trying to do my best on this one. Is it okay how long it takes, as long as I get it in well before the deadline?
I would try to turn around any secondary in 2 weeks. Most secondaries should not take more than a couple days anyway.
actually I don't really understand how people are getting interviews. On the Yale status page it says that interview invites go out from SEPT thru March... last time I checked, it was still August.
are these current invites going out to applicants with "special circumstances" or something?
Note: sorry if someone asked about this already.... I don't have the patience to read through the thread haha
are these current invites going out to applicants with "special circumstances" or something?
Note: sorry if someone asked about this already.... I don't have the patience to read through the thread haha
actually I don't really understand how people are getting interviews. On the Yale status page it says that interview invites go out from SEPT thru March... last time I checked, it was still August.
are these current invites going out to applicants with "special circumstances" or something?
Note: sorry if someone asked about this already.... I don't have the patience to read through the thread haha
Perhaps the status page (like so many others I've encountered) reflects policies of past admissions cycles and has not been updated for this year? It looks like in the past yale sent out invites starting in September, but i can assure you they are really handing them out already despite it being only August. Shemarty remarked somewhere in this thread that yale was getting a much earlier start this year than they had in previous years...as to why, only yale knows 🙂
actually I don't really understand how people are getting interviews. On the Yale status page it says that interview invites go out from SEPT thru March... last time I checked, it was still August.
are these current invites going out to applicants with "special circumstances" or something?
Note: sorry if someone asked about this already.... I don't have the patience to read through the thread haha
Part of the reason (good news for all of you) is that Yale is considering interviewing a few extra candidates this year. I think this is contributing, at least in part, to their earlier start to the interview season.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
nice. i was complete on the 13th...hopefully will hear something soon.
but congrats!
I love having ESP...
Complete: 8/13
Invite: 8/21
sweet.
Part of the reason (good news for all of you) is that Yale is considering interviewing a few extra candidates this year. I think this is contributing, at least in part, to their earlier start to the interview season.
how do you know this?
I love having ESP...
Complete: 8/13
Invite: 8/21
sweet.
Ok ESP man, when will I hear something? 😛
Ok ESP man, when will I hear something? 😛
Monday. A true test would be to tell when/if I will hear from Yale next year.
Monday. A true test would be to tell when/if I will hear from Yale next year.

for the list of activities, how many do we put in? cuz it says most important..can we just put ALL of them in..? 😕😕
for the list of activities, how many do we put in? cuz it says most important..can we just put ALL of them in..? 😕😕
i think i just picked 6 or 7... don't sweat this kind of stuff.
for the list of activities, how many do we put in? cuz it says most important..can we just put ALL of them in..? 😕😕
How many do you have? And were they all significant? I would put down anything with prolonged time comittment and/or related to medicine. I don't think people want to read about 40 activities if a bunch of them are things that you did for an hour a week for three months freshman year.
for the list of activities, how many do we put in? cuz it says most important..can we just put ALL of them in..? 😕😕
I picked 3. I tried to have one "representative" activity for research, teaching and volunteering. It did not come up in my interviews though. In fact, both of my interviewers went through every detail of my file. Interviews at Yale are long. They scheduled 1hr for each, but mine took even longer than that.
Congratulations to all invitees! I am sure you will have a terrific time interviewing there. I really enjoyed visiting Yale!
So quick question. I submitted my AMCAS back in the beginning of July I think. I just completed this secondary last week. On the status page it says they haven't recevied my MCAT or my LORs from AMCAS. Shouldn't they have received them from AMCAS in July when I originally submitteed? It said the status page isn't updated in real time, but really a month of electronically delivered stuff seems like a long time.
Edit: I mean I was verified and AMCAS was sent to schools in early July, not that I submitted it for verification.
Edit: I mean I was verified and AMCAS was sent to schools in early July, not that I submitted it for verification.
Interview coming up next week! Probably was not the best idea to schedule for early september, but hey at least it will be over with right? 🙂
Good luck at the interview! Your application looks very strong, and I'm sure you'll do very well this cycle 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interview Invite today... complete 8/15
How many days in advance should I arrive for an interview? I was thinking at least the day before so I can explore the campus. What's the usual? Do people usually stay the with students the night of their interview or night before? I bet this site has a interview FAQ which im probably missing ..lol thanks guys!
How many days in advance should I arrive for an interview? I was thinking at least the day before so I can explore the campus. What's the usual? Do people usually stay the with students the night of their interview or night before? I bet this site has a interview FAQ which im probably missing ..lol thanks guys!
Usually, students arrive the night before the interview, stay with the host overnight, interview the following morning, and leave that night.
It's hard not to stay overnight the night before the interview unless you're from the east coast or take a redeye.
When I interviewed last year, I sometimes stayed an extra night just to explore the area, etc. My job was very flexible 🙂 But you'd have to ask the student host well in advance whether this is okay, because most of them have signed up to host under the assumption that it's for 1 night.
No complete email since I submitted in Aug 11 but everything was just now complete Aug 26th (status listed as incomplete 26th at 11pm but complete 27th at 10pm) and an interview invite today. That was fast. Either they're interviewing not just a few more but almost everyone who submitted a secondary or that's the fastest turnaround I've ever seen! 

Last edited:
On the status page, are all of your letters of recommendation marked "received" on the same day? All but one of my letters were received on Aug 25, and I'm not sure why that might be the case since I was under the impression that letters are uploaded electronically from AMCAS? Thanks for your help.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K