2009-2010 Yale University Application Thread

Started by shemarty
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Its been 3 weeks for me, still no complete :/

I called the admissions office, and from what I understood the status page doesn't reflect that you have a complete application until it has been reviewed and gotten BACK from the admissions committee.

I did get the sense that they just wanted applicants to leave their office alone, maybe they told me that just to shut me up...
 
Interview 😍

Complete: 9/4

Not quite sure what kind of order they're reviewing applications. I was sure that Yale had skipped over me already.

Good luck to everyone else!
 
Interview 😍

Complete: 9/4

Not quite sure what kind of order they're reviewing applications. I was sure that Yale had skipped over me already.

Good luck to everyone else!

Congrats! When you say complete, do you mean the date your application should have been complete or the time everything was listed as received or the time your status page said your file was under review?
 
Congrats! When you say complete, do you mean the date your application should have been complete or the time everything was listed as received or the time your status page said your file was under review?

Complete 9/4 as marked on the Status Page. It didn't actually show up as complete until a week (or two?) after 9/4 though.
 
Interview 😍

Complete: 9/4

Not quite sure what kind of order they're reviewing applications. I was sure that Yale had skipped over me already.

Good luck to everyone else!

Looks like they just decided to send the good news to a lot of us today, since I also was able to snatch one! Complete 9/4 as well.

NotSur, did you try for Oct 26? 😉
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just submitted my secondary TODAY! Is it hopelessly, terribly and ridiculously late? It took me so long to write the why Yale essay because I wanted to write a really good and unique one........................
 
arg i want an invite 😛
i've been complete for over a month... my future looks pretty grim here 🙁
 
keep your head up guys. A few years ago when I applied I got an interview invite in January for a Feb date. I wouldn't be giving up hope for any school this early in the fall.
 
complete august 28th.... bleh

do they reject or do we keep rolling till they decide there are no more interview slots?
 
People have told me that you often times "know" which med school is right for you after interviewing

Well, I have to say, I got that feeling at Yale. Absolutely loved it, and I'm going to do my damnedest to make sure I get in here.

Mark my words!
 
People have told me that you often times "know" which med school is right for you after interviewing

Well, I have to say, I got that feeling at Yale. Absolutely loved it, and I'm going to do my damnedest to make sure I get in here.

Mark my words!

... ok.
 
People have told me that you often times "know" which med school is right for you after interviewing

Well, I have to say, I got that feeling at Yale. Absolutely loved it, and I'm going to do my damnedest to make sure I get in here.

Mark my words!
Do you guys know if anyone has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Right. But other than, "tell me about your research," what do they ask?

it all depends on who interviews you. if it interests them, they might ask a follow up. or they might ask why you did something a certain way. or why you did something. bottom line, just know your research down cold and its applications/relevance. even if their questions don't probe to deeply, prepare to the fullest extent if not for this interview, for the next.
 
yeah - both my interviewers had research background (one has his own lab, one is an md/phd student) so of course we talked about my research a bit. but it's so random - maybe you'll get a psychiatrist and your interview will be more like therapy 🙂 it's all variable
 
nooo i was complete in laet august. i guess im skipped over. how disappointing. i wonder if schoolsl ever come back
 
yeah - both my interviewers had research background (one has his own lab, one is an md/phd student) so of course we talked about my research a bit. but it's so random - maybe you'll get a psychiatrist and your interview will be more like therapy 🙂 it's all variable

you have a great mdapps. much success is coming your way!
 
Oh of course I agree. But since the poster was complete in late August, I'd say that after 2 months without an interview invite I'd let go of hope a little. Of course, anything's possible.

I think that's a little drastic. Everyone's pretty much complete by the end of October and they offer interviews until January-ish. That's quite a bit of time to go back and look over other applications.

Schools don't go through the applications only once.
 
I actually asked Mr. Silverman this and he said "absolutely." So straight from the horses' mouth.

What horse? 😕

Yale has finally marked my application as complete - over a month since everything was submitted. Better late than never I suppose.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
are there any current Yale Med students on here? kinda random, but have you found that the optional tests are detracting from your motivation to learn?
 
The tests aren't optional, you have required tests like once a semester. They are anonymous, pass fail, online.

The truth is it is an adjustment to learning how to study when the test isn't for three months. But this is the same issue that you confront as an attending. Once you are out there you have to sort out where you are weak and work on it so you don't kill patients, not because there is a test. I think the system works very well.

I would rather have a lot of flexibility and have to work on motivation a bit than being stressed out every other week with mandatory tests.
 
Woohoo, finally complete and in review according to the website. I submitted the secondary mid-August.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.