2011-2012 University of Arizona Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
did anyone get a secondary from Phoenix yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Tucson has confirmed my payment and signature so I'm all complete!

"Dear Applicant,

The University of Arizona College of Medicine Tucson Campus Admissions Office has received your secondary materials. We will be in contact with you soon regarding the next step in our process. Thank you for your continued interest.

Office of Admissions
Tucson Campus"

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know when they start offering interviews?

According to last years thread II should be coming out soooooon......

^hence the reason I have been checking my email non-stop

Looks like interviews came out on the Friday the 23rd last year -

I got an email with the subject title
AzDesertDoc, Your Invited!

Than I opened the email and it was from the bookstore for student discounts on Big Cat Fridays....AHHHHHHHHH....so close =)

For those complete, when did you mail in the signature? I mailed in the 6th and still nothing.

I mailed mine in on the 22nd ie last Friday and got an email on Monday or Tuesday sooooo you should definitely call them. My check has already been cashed. Has yours?

Members don't see this ad :)
I can't remember when I mailed my check, but it was after you did (1-2 weeks after), and I got the confirmation email on July 22nd. The check has been cashed already. I would definitely call them.

My turn around time was really quick, too. I sent my check from Southern California on the 26th and got the 'complete' email on the 28th.

They send me the secondary on Friday after I added the school in AMCAS on Thursday. But I have to wait until Monday to access the secondary??? What is this stupid rule? I wanted to print out the signature page so I could send it out ASAP and get the secondary done but I guess that ain't happening till Monday. Gotta start writing those essays beforehand though

They send me the secondary on Friday after I added the school in AMCAS on Thursday. But I have to wait until Monday to access the secondary??? What is this stupid rule? I wanted to print out the signature page so I could send it out ASAP and get the secondary done but I guess that ain't happening till Monday. Gotta start writing those essays beforehand though

You can't print out the signature page until you've saved your essays, so you haven't lost any time.

I'm kind of confused about the Domicile Affidavit for in-state applicants. Does this need to be included with the signature page and check, or do they send the affidavit to you upon acceptance?

You can't print out the signature page until you've saved your essays, so you haven't lost any time.

I'm kind of confused about the Domicile Affidavit for in-state applicants. Does this need to be included with the signature page and check, or do they send the affidavit to you upon acceptance?

I called and they said they did not want it until they've accepted you. It's probably on that page as a heads up.

I called and they said they did not want it until they've accepted you. It's probably on that page as a heads up.

Awesome, thanks. I wasn't having any luck getting through on the phone.

Submitted, sent for LORs, and mailed out fee/signature. Here we go!

Did you have to send in a picture?

Lets see some interview invites!!!!

I'm trying to check the status of my application, but the website log in doesn't seem to be working. Is it working for anyone else trying to check their application?

Last edited:
It's not working for me either...

I'm trying to check the status of my application, but the website log in doesn't seem to be working. Is it working for anyone else trying to check their application.

Eh, we're right in between the time for the last couple years. Last year, II sent out starting about 7/23, and the year before that... 8/21.

Wait, wait, wait....

Eh, we're right in between the time for the last couple years. Last year, II sent out starting about 7/23, and the year before that... 8/21.

Wait, wait, wait....

I'm guestimating some will start coming out tomorrow...They probably are waiting for Friday...but thats just my guess

I'm guestimating some will start coming out tomorrow...They probably are waiting for Friday...but thats just my guess

Well... both 7/23 and 8/21 were Fridays... so, here's hoping. Am I the only one who can't wait for the weekends to end while the waiting's going on?

I never thought I'd see that day...

[YOUTUBE]PzSl3AsU-bQ[/YOUTUBE]

That's an interesting video, I hadn't seen that (even though I'm in the class of 2014). I guess I could see how it may seem like a downer, but don't let it scare you guys too much. Med school isn't too bad if you have the right expectations going into it. Sure, it requires hard-work, sacrifice, and a some stress, but they don't let in anyone that they don't think can handle it.

I agree. I am class of 2015, knowing less than nothing at this point, but I would not let that video be a downer. The one person from that video I have met in person has given great advice and is really laid back and seemingly happy. Timing? Editing?

This is a stressful process, but keep perspective. Feel free to IM me or post if there are any questions I may be able to answer for you.

Most of all.... Good luck and Bear Down :)!

Perhaps I was wrong...It looks like we are waiting for next week

I really want some news too! It's only August and already my patience is dwindling; this is going to be a very long year haha

Perhaps I was wrong...It looks like we are waiting for next week

I really want some news too! It's only August and already my patience is dwindling; this is going to be a very long year haha

They don't even start interviewing until September. I was in the first interview group last year, and I think my date was the Sept 20th.

They don't even start interviewing until September. I was in the first interview group last year, and I think my date was the Sept 20th.

Well I think they should be coming out soon...most schools send the first wave out about a month before interviews or more so they should becoming possibly this week....But all of us in-staters should relax a little bit....they interview almost all IS and have lientient Auto invites for IS students

I've received my invite to interview in Phoenix, but nothing from Tucson. Is anyone else having a hard time getting ahold of someone in Tucson admissions?

Ironically, I completed the Tucson secondary 2 weeks before even receiving Phoenix's secondary...

I've received my invite to interview in Phoenix, but nothing from Tucson. Is anyone else having a hard time getting ahold of someone in Tucson admissions?

Ironically, I completed the Tucson secondary 2 weeks before even receiving Phoenix's secondary...

Ditto. I guess PHX is just faster.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GMv4EG****[/YOUTUBE]

Admissions video about UA COM Tucson. ~ 35 min Dr. Tischler talks about interview invite criteria.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GMv4EG****

Wow, well SDN doesn't like the end of the web address for this video. If you wanna watch it, the last 4 letters that SDN is blocking are F u k k

Here are a few stats at UA:

In-state
Auto Invite:......... MCAT > 27 + GPA > 3.0

Screened:.... 27 > MCAT > 22 or GPA < 3.0
(80% of these candidates get an interview)

No Interview:...... MCAT < 22
(no exceptions)

Out-of-State
Screened:............ MCAT > 27 + GPA > 3.25

No Interview:...... MCAT < 27 or GPA < 3.25

Ties to Arizona are also considered in the criteria for admission for OOS.

Thinking about adding Arizona to my list, but I am OOS. However, I live in New Mexico and I think I could relate some of my ECs to their prompts. Does UA screen you before you pay the secondary fee?

Oops, wrong forum. meant for phoenix.

Last edited:
Thinking about adding Arizona to my list, but I am OOS. However, I live in New Mexico and I think I could relate some of my ECs to their prompts. Does UA screen you before you pay the secondary fee?
Yes, Arizona does screen applicants before giving out secondaries, so don't worry about wasting $75. Hope you apply, though. I always encourage my fellow SDN friends to apply as broadly as possible :cool:

Just got the email that U of A has received my application. Hoping for some love from the Western US!

Just got the email that U of A has received my application. Hoping for some love from the Western US!
Best weather in all of US! No rain, not sticky, and always sunny! Wish you good luck and if you get to come to the West, I know you will love it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.