2011-2012 University of Arizona Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally complete here! Goodluck everyone:luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
UA doesn't send out invites until mid-September-ish. Don't sweat it, it'll probably be another few days to a week before anyone (including ISers) hear anything.

UA doesn't send out invites until mid-September-ish. Don't sweat it, it'll probably be another few days to a week before anyone (including ISers) hear anything.

Where did you hear this? The last few years have been late July and mid-August. I know they're re-vamping their interview method as they are going MMI's... but compared to prior years, this is late for them!

Got my secondary app invite for Tucson 1 hour after my primary was marked processed. I just tried to login, but it told me to wait 24 hours. Zzzz... I suspect there is some kind of auto-validation at work, rather than a person reviewing my application.

Just how do you see what AMCAS calculated your GPA to be?

Last edited:
just go to the print application section on amcas, it will show you the calculated gpa on either html or pdf

Where did you hear this? The last few years have been late July and mid-August. I know they're re-vamping their interview method as they are going MMI's... but compared to prior years, this is late for them!

I had to miss Georgia's game two weeks ago. Did they pull of the victory??

I had to miss Georgia's game two weeks ago. Did they pull of the victory??

Haha...they... well, they felt bad for BYU? You know, so many years of being harassed by other, larger "bully schools." We at Georgia are a benevolent people...

Haha...they... well, they felt bad for BYU? You know, so many years of being harassed by other, larger "bully schools." We at Georgia are a benevolent people...

felt bad for BSU? either way, tough season start, but hey if you can’t beat South Carolina, ... or Boise, there’s always a shot at beating Coastal Carolina this weekend, right? But, I don’t want to get ahead of myself. This is a team with 4 big south conference titles and that 20-3 slaughter of catawba last week (Unfortunately, I only caught the highlights). 2-0 vs. 0-2? This may be a reason to dig deep in the closet and sport the Chanticleers jersey Saturday.

felt bad for BSU? either way, tough season start, but hey if you can’t beat South Carolina, ... or Boise, there’s always a shot at beating Coastal Carolina this weekend, right? But, I don’t want to get ahead of myself. This is a team with 4 big south conference titles and that 20-3 slaughter of catawba last week (Unfortunately, I only caught the highlights). 2-0 vs. 0-2? This may be a reason to dig deep in the closet and sport the Chanticleers jersey Saturday.

You have a Chanticleers jersey in your closet? You're a true fan of the game :bow:

Members don't see this ad :)
Man... not getting any love here, eh? But, you're right-- while I'd love to disregard CC this weekend and count it as a win... my confidence (not my love) for my alma mater this year is waning.

Awesome! Congrats on the invite. Looks like UA-Tucson finally got things started :cool:

Interview! Sept 30!

I only looked briefly before scheduling, but seems there are 8 interview slots per day starting on the 30th.

Finally, my first interview invite!! And for my first choice!

Last edited:
How many times can I hit the refresh button! Haha

So do we choose if we go for the AM or PM interview? It the confirmation email it is not very clear.

How many slots are there for each interview? Are they all the same? Is there an advantage for going to an earlier interview? :confused:

No invite for me. Does it mean anything? Above interview requirements and complete 7/17.

How many slots are there for each interview? Are they all the same? Is there an advantage for going to an earlier interview? :confused:

It's always a better idea to interview as early in the day as possible.

Interview! Wonderful way to end the week.

Is 9/30 the first day offered? I kinda wanted to be an MMI guinea pig.

Did anybody mail a "domicile affidavit" form with their secondary application signature page & check? Where do I get this form?

Phoenix Invite! :soexcited:

SS: 9/13
SC: 9/16
II: 9/19, scheduled for Oct 24

It looks like the earliest date still available for Phoenix is Oct 24 (tho I took one of the last 2 spots for that date). Every Monday thereafter is open (including Halloween!), with about 24-ish spots on each date.

Good luck everybody!!

Nothing here as well... but the II's went out late last Friday, so we'll how how the batches work out. Nevertheless, I keep thinking of the 2nd year I met at the Phx interview who got into Phoenix (obviously) and never got an invite to Tucson!

That said... it's crazy early, so all is well! Good luck to all those with II's--

So do we choose if we go for the AM or PM interview? It the confirmation email it is not very clear.

I wasn't sure about this either so I shot them an email. They got back to me the same day and told me I was an AM interview without asking a preference. If I recall (since I am a re-applicant), we could choose AM or PM when scheduling the interview a few years ago - there didn't seem to be any way to choose this time around.

Correct me if I am wrong.

I just received an OOS interview invite! Soooo happy!

+1

After two and a half months of waiting for med schools, I feel alive again.
hahaha while I might be a guy and never feel the pain of giving birth....waiting for a MD interview invitation is probably as close as itll come! :D

If anyone from the Los Angeles area is scheduled for a 10/14 morning interview and wants to carpool to Tucson, PM me.

I know somebody asked this but I'm still unclear:

Am I correct in interpreting that PM interviews fill up first? So, if there were 5 slots available when I signed up for my interview date, that means I have an AM interview?

Am I correct in interpreting that PM interviews fill up first? So, if there were 5 slots available when I signed up for my interview date, that means I have an AM interview?
yea that sign up sheet was kind of weird but I think thats what it was saying

Invite!!! Totally stoked about this school! OOS, 3.65ish/34 complete 8/15.

Yeah, their site is a little confusing. According to the email:

IMPORTANT: Be aware of the number of slots available as this will designate if you are signing up for an AM or PM interview. If a day has 20 slots available, then that indicates there is an AM/PM session and interview slots 1-10 will be an AM session interview and slots 11-20 are for the PM session. If a day has only 10 slots available, then AM is the only interview option. The slots are filled on a first come first serve basis. Use the same username and password from the Secondary Application Login.

So, I assume, if you saw that there were 11-20 slots available for the date you chose at the time that you scheduled it, then you would have been in the first group and therefore interviewing in the AM. The problem I had (like you) was there were less than 10 spots remaining for my date so I don't know if that was a "ten slot" day and therefore only AM interviews or a "twenty slot" day, and therefore having 5 remaining means a PM interview. Hope this helps, though I kind of doubt it will. :)

Invite!!! Totally stoked about this school! OOS, 3.65ish/34 complete 8/15.

Yeah, their site is a little confusing. According to the email:

IMPORTANT: Be aware of the number of slots available as this will designate if you are signing up for an AM or PM interview. If a day has 20 slots available, then that indicates there is an AM/PM session and interview slots 1-10 will be an AM session interview and slots 11-20 are for the PM session. If a day has only 10 slots available, then AM is the only interview option. The slots are filled on a first come first serve basis. Use the same username and password from the Secondary Application Login.

So, I assume, if you saw that there were 11-20 slots available for the date you chose at the time that you scheduled it, then you would have been in the first group and therefore interviewing in the AM. The problem I had (like you) was there were less than 10 spots remaining for my date so I don't know if that was a "ten slot" day and therefore only AM interviews or a "twenty slot" day, and therefore having 5 remaining means a PM interview. Hope this helps, though I kind of doubt it will. :)
no I think it means if you see 11-20 left then its for a PM date...and anything 1-10 is AM date that way either way if it was a 10 or 20 available slots 1-10=AM (I think that makes sense....im a bit euphoric at the moment lol)
which date did u pick...i picked 10/21 and there were less than 10 I assume its an AM and ill show up for an AM and if im told otherwise ill just sit there politely and play on my phone :p

Last edited:
I read it as meaning that slots 11-20 (those that fill up first of an initial 20 listed) will be PM slots -- slots 1-10 will be the LAST ten filled. So:

11-20 slots remaining when you sign up = you have a PM date
1-10 slots remaining when you sign up = you have an AM date.

no I think it means if you see 11-20 left then its for a PM date...and anything 1-10 is AM date that way either way if it was a 10 or 20 available slots 1-10=AM (I think that makes sense....im a bit euphoric at the moment lol)
which date did u pick...i picked 10/21 and there were less than 10 I assume its an AM and ill show up for an AM and if im told otherwise ill just sit there politely and play on my phone :p

I read it as meaning that slots 11-20 (those that fill up first of an initial 20 listed) will be PM slots -- slots 1-10 will be the LAST ten filled. So:

11-20 slots remaining when you sign up = you have a PM date
1-10 slots remaining when you sign up = you have an AM date.

You're both so totally and obviously wrong! It's clearly the other way around, because if it weren't, I'd be wrong, and that CANNOT happen! Trust me, it's a scientific fact. :laugh:

The way I figure it, if there were 20 slots available, and you picked one, you'd be the first and thus in the AM. I picked 10/21 as well. There was one slot left when I registered, so I'm guessing PM, but I wrote the school about it for clarification. I know that appeal to authority is going to totally screw up our debate here, but whatcha gonna do?

Good luck!:luck:

Interview Invite! OOS, October 21.

Nice photo. I'll have to take a stab in the dark and guess Bluegrass Festival? I'm bummed to have just missed Willy there for Blues and Brews. I went to that show a few years ago and it was AWESOME!

The way I figure it, if there were 20 slots available, and you picked one, you'd be the first and thus in the AM. I picked 10/21 as well. There was one slot left when I registered, so I'm guessing PM, but I wrote the school about it for clarification. I know that appeal to authority is going to totally screw up our debate here, but whatcha gonna do?

Haha, I wrote them for clarification as well. I'm totally willing to be wrong here, I just don't want to show up at the wrong time looking like an idiot! The main reason I interpreted it the way I did is that it allows <10 slots remaining to be AM slots in every case. ANYWAY, let us know what they write you back!

Looks like I was wrong. I signed up with 5 slots remaining, and I am in the PM session. I am not sure how we would know whether our day started out with 10 or 20 if there were <10 when we signed up, but either way I won't complain. In any case, good to know!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.