2011-2012 University of South Carolina Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr. Warren Derrick and Christopher Gaines, an M4. I'm sure I met you, I was the tall guy, i.e., the tallest one there haha.

Ah! I remember you. You had an internship under the guy that interviewed me. (what was his name again?)

Members don't see this ad.

Ah! I remember you. You had an internship under the guy that interviewed me. (what was his name again?)

Yep, that's me. Dr. Stallworth. He can be pretty intimidating :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Yep, that's me. Dr. Stallworth. He can be pretty intimidating :laugh:

The more I think about it, the more I believe he was trying to push my buttons. He just wouldn't cut me a break for anything I said :laugh:. I think I handled it well, though.

The more I think about it, the more I believe he was trying to push my buttons. He just wouldn't cut me a break for anything I said :laugh:. I think I handled it well, though.

That's how he always is. During my time spent with him this summer he always challenged everything that we all said. We had mock interviews and he ALWAYS played the devil's advocate. Very, very smart man, though. I would love to be one of his students, which is one of the main reasons I like USC so much.

Does anyone know what day next week admissions will be notifying people about offers?

Anybody else interview this past Wednesday and have some comments on how they thought the day was? I'm interested to hear what others thought.

Rise and shine, USC applicants. We should be hearing back tomorrow or Friday! Best of luck to you all! :luck: :xf:

Rise and shine, USC applicants. We should be hearing back tomorrow or Friday! Best of luck to you all! :luck: :xf:

Thank goodness I've had finals to worry about instead of stressing over this! Hopefully we all get good news tomorrow!:xf:

Thank goodness I've had finals to worry about instead of stressing over this! Hopefully we all get good news tomorrow!:xf:

Good luck friends. I received my grades today. One more semester till Cola. :oops:

Members don't see this ad :)
thats exactly what i was thinking.... i can't wait any longer!!:scared:

I asked and they said they hadn't sent out anything for this month yet. Dean of Admissions still has to meet with Dean of the school...hopefully that will be before they go on Christmas break!

Just got the email from Ms. Streeter, I'm in!! Best Christmas present I have EVER gotten. Good luck to everyone else!

Just got the email from Ms. Streeter, I'm in!! Best Christmas present I have EVER gotten. Good luck to everyone else!

CONGRATS! See you in August!

And Merry Christmas!

Any news? Also the link for the fb group didnt work for me?

Official acceptances should come in via snail-mail soon, other than that no news. As far as the fbook link, it's not working for me either.

Yeah, that link is broken or no longer active. A new one needs to be made, I guess.

Just wondering what we should be doing if accepted? FAFSA and I guess the scholarship application on the website, anything else??

hello. I'm back.

I haven't done anything yet. Just couple of days ago, I receive an email for background check up though I am not sure if it was for USC or other universities. It didn't mention.

I haven't filled my FAFSA yet. I heard that we have to fill FAFSA before applying for scholarships. Is that right?

I haven't filled my FAFSA yet. I heard that we have to fill FAFSA before applying for scholarships. Is that right?

Could you repost the correct FB link?

This is right. FAFSA is most important right now.

Yep got the background check too - they are pretty quick. They finish up in like 3 days.

Does anyone know if any OOS students have heard anything yet?

Is there a Facebook group for the accepted class yet? I'd like to start to get to know some of my classmates :)

Facebook is a bit glitchy when it comes to new Groups being made. I made the group for MUSC COM 2016 and had to contact Facebook about the problem. After a few weeks it was visible to others when searched.

Bozmajeh
the other option is for people to PM you their names. Then if you add them as a friend you can add them to your group. I will PM you the link to the troubleshooting page on FB too.:thumbup:

has anyone who interviewed in Jan heard a decision. i interviewed jan 18 and expected to hear something by early feb. maybe i misunderstood the timeline.

has anyone who interviewed in Jan heard a decision. i interviewed jan 18 and expected to hear something by early feb. maybe i misunderstood the timeline.
I just interviewed this past Wednesday and they told us that it was going to take 4 weeks to hear back. And I think they told us that they were finishing up sending the Jan. interview acceptances this week. I'm not sure though but I would def. email/call them to check on your status. I hope you hear good news!

I interviewed in October but it is my understanding that they meet on the 15th of the month to discuss that cycle of applicants (Ex-Jan. 15-Feb. 15 interviewee applications)

So you should hear something around the middle of the month, good luck!

I interviewed January 25th and just heard back this Tuesday (February 7th) so you should be getting an email with their decision soon.

Got an acceptance from the school today. I'm going to MUSC though so I'm deferring it. Hopefully one of you gets my seat. Good luck to all of you!

Hey, so has anyone starting looking for apartments? And does anyone know the areas where most of the medical students live?

Hey, so has anyone starting looking for apartments? And does anyone know the areas where most of the medical students live?

I was wondering about this too. Facebook page should come up soon (by Monday:cool:).

You looking for house or apartment to rent?

Homes in shandon/rosewood would be very convenient to the school. As for apartments, I am not so sure. I knew a few medical students who lived in the 42 Magnolia apartment complex. It is nice and not too expensive. There are some newer town home type places right off of Garner's Ferry (main road in front of campus), that might be worth looking into.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.