2011-2012 University of South Carolina Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone that interviewed Feb 15th heard anything yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Again, that link did not work. It says it is either unavailable or I don't have permission to access the page.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone who interviewed in Feb. heard anything yet??? It's been almost a month since I interviewed and I'm getting very anxious :scared:

I interviewed 2/29. They told us that our group was at the end of their 4 week cycle, so letters would be going out the following week (this week). I guess we'll be hearing something soon. Good Luck!

I interviewed 2/29. They told us that our group was at the end of their 4 week cycle, so letters would be going out the following week (this week). I guess we'll be hearing something soon. Good Luck!
Thank you so much for the update! I hope we hear some good news. Best of luck!

I hope no news is still good news! I haven't heard anything yet.

Hey, so has anyone starting looking for apartments? And does anyone know the areas where most of the medical students live?

Shandon is nice if you like older homes and a nice neighborhood to take walks in. It is also pretty close to school. Many of my classmates live in Hampton Green... There is also Hampton Courts which is right next to Hampton Green. There are also some people who live in Hampton Forest (which is on the other side of 77 from the other Hampton appts but still close).

Congrats to all of you who are accepted. It feels so good knowing that you will not have to reapply.

I am currently an M1 this year and if any of you have any questions about the school or just being an M1, I will be happy to answer them.

Also, last year I interview at the beginning of Feb and didn't hear anything until the end of March. I was wait-listed and got accepted the first working day after May 15th. If you get wait-listed, call Shelly and she will tell you where on the wait list you are by thirds and might also tell you your likely hood of getting accepted. When I called she pretty much told me that if I didn't hear from her around May 15th then I should give her a call so she could look into it. Might as well have told me that I was going to get in. I think there is quite a bit of movement of the wait list when people finally have to choose one school.

For anyone else waiting to hear back, I emailed Ms. Streeter today and this was her response..

"We were hoping to have decisions back last week for applicants that interviewed in February, but the Dean has been away. As soon as Dr. Thornhill gets an opportunity to meet with the Dean we will be mailing out letters. It may be later this week or even next week."

Members don't see this ad :)
For anyone else waiting to hear back, I emailed Ms. Streeter today and this was her response..

"We were hoping to have decisions back last week for applicants that interviewed in February, but the Dean has been away. As soon as Dr. Thornhill gets an opportunity to meet with the Dean we will be mailing out letters. It may be later this week or even next week."

Awwww... I was truly looking forward to the super quick turn around for once! Oh well, at least they gave you a decent update! Thanks for the info!

Thank you so much for the update!! That sucks that we have to wait longer. I interviewed on Feb. 8th and it already feels like I've been waiting forever!! LOL

I also got a call from Dr. Ford yesterday, accepted finally! Woo hooo, thought it would never happen! I interviewed Feb 15th

I also received a phone call from Dr. Ford yesterday and then got the email this morning. I'm so excited!!!! Congrats to all that were accepted!!!!

Gotta love great news! Congrats you all! #StillImpatientlyWaiting

Congrats to you all!! Does anyone know if they send the letter letting you know you've been put on hold via email or regular mail?

Received waitlist letter today. We'll see if anything else comes of it. :)

has anyone heard when financial aid packages will start coming out? I haven't heard much from the committee at all really

has anyone heard when financial aid packages will start coming out? I haven't heard much from the committee at all really

I haven't heard anything yet. I think we should hear back after April 1st.

I got a letter in the mail... just some stuff to sign and send back. I have no idea when these are supposed to come out. Where did you hear the 4/1 thing, bozmajeh?

I got a letter in the mail... just some stuff to sign and send back. I have no idea when these are supposed to come out. Where did you hear the 4/1 thing, bozmajeh?

I think I read that somewhere in the USC's Website. However, I haven't received or heard anything back from the school.

Any word on when they send out the wait/alternate list?

Monday, I was told they hadn't written anything in stone yet, but should have it ready the first week of April. I will be checking in then!

Any word on when they send out the wait/alternate list?

"I am out of the office March 30th - April 3rd and will respond to your email when I return on April 4th."
-from the desk of Shelley Streeter

I guess we wait some more.

Hope its out soon for you guys.

Anyone know about financial aid and if we're supposed to be doing anything?

Just got a call from Dr. Ford earlier around 3:30! ACCEPTED!!!!

It's going to be the greatest weekend!

Me 2!! What did she say about the email? It was so loud outside I couldn't hear. Congrats btw!!
The only thing I really remember her saying was that next week they are going to snail mail a packet with all of the information we need....I haven't received an email yet either, so maybe next week for that too. Congrats as well!

The only thing I really remember her saying was that next week they are going to snail mail a packet with all of the information we need....I haven't received an email yet either, so maybe next week for that too. Congrats as well!

Ok thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.