2012-2013 Drexel University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Accepted! Just got letter in mail today

Congratulations!!! 🙂 Can I ask when you interviewed and also do you know when they sent your letter out? I'm still waiting for my lettter!! 😱

This wait is so nerve wracking!!! ahhhh!
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do those of you who got letters happen to be close to the school? Or early in the alphabet? Yes, I'm freaking out.
 
Your file is currently under review by the admissions committee. No decision has yet been made regarding your admission status to Drexel of University.
Interviewed 9/28.
Just got my acceptance packet in the mail today. Most likely withdrawing my spot though.

I live in Boston btw.

Congrats. What does your status say?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
🙂🙂🙂 Accepted! :laugh::laugh::laugh: 😍😍 :luck::luck:

Complete 8/18
Interview Invite 8/21
Interview 9/21
Decision mailed 10/25
Decision letter received home (central NJ) 10/27
 
Last edited:
Did the school notify you about the cancellation or did you contact them? Im supposed to be flying there on tuesday for the wednesday interview and I have not heard anything yet...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using SDN Mobile
 
Did the school notify you about the cancellation or did you contact them? Im supposed to be flying there on tuesday for the wednesday interview and I have not heard anything yet...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using SDN Mobile

We were informed by email. It could be shaky, and I would try calling admissions if I were in your shoes.
 
Did the school notify you about the cancellation or did you contact them? Im supposed to be flying there on tuesday for the wednesday interview and I have not heard anything yet...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using SDN Mobile

Did you happen to check the status of your flight? Flights are being cancelled over here. I was supposed to fly into PHL Tuesday morning too for an interview also on Wednesday but got nervous and flew in to PHL last night. Anyway you could change your flight to today? It would probably be your best bet.

Good luck to you and be safe traveling! Hopefully our interviews are still on for Wednesday and I get to meet you.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
does anyone know if Tuesday interviews are still going on? why has the school not contacted us about this yet......
 
does anyone know if Tuesday interviews are still going on? why has the school not contacted us about this yet......

I'm thinking they aren't going on... "Weather Advisory - Classes Cancelled and University Closed for Monday and Tuesday. For more information visit drexel.edu".
 
So I guess no one will be there tomorrow morning to respond to our phone calls or emails regarding Wednesday interviews??
 
So I guess no one will be there tomorrow morning to respond to our phone calls or emails regarding Wednesday interviews??

Did you get an email saying anything about cancellations for Wednesdays interview? (If you did, what did it say?) I haven't and I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything.

I feel like we should be fine-I've seen a few places online that normal business hours resume on Wednesday.
 
Did you get an email saying anything about cancellations for Wednesdays interview? (If you did, what did it say?) I haven't and I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything.

I feel like we should be fine-I've seen a few places online that normal business hours resume on Wednesday.
I have a wednesday interview as well. For wednesday they'll probably update drexelmed.edu ahead of time if they're closed.

I think it'll be good by then, except if there's catastrophic damage to the school.
 
I have a wednesday interview as well. For wednesday they'll probably update drexelmed.edu ahead of time if they're closed.

I think it'll be good by then, except if there's catastrophic damage to the school.

Haven't received an email about Wed, just thinking power outages/damage may prevent things from going back to normal for a few days after Sandy passes. Good idea on checking the website. Will keep doing that.
 
Accepted! Received large packet in the mail on Saturday. Interviewed 9/24

Congratulations!!!
icon10.png
 
I'm a 9/19 person. I don't have a letter, but I do have a "final decision" status. I'm also in VA, and I'm concerned this storm has messed up the already way-too-slow mail. We don't even have a mail-sort facility here anymore.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a 9/19 person. I don't have a letter, but I do have a "final decision" status. I'm also in VA, and I'm concerned this storm has messed up the already way-too-slow mail. We don't even have a mail-sort facility here anymore.

So far all the "final decision" statuses have been acceptances.
 
I was supposed to fly in tomorrow afternoon for my Wednesday interview but US Airlines has grounded all of their flights to Philadelphia for today and tomorrow. The admissions office isn't open which isn't surprising, so I was wondering if anyone else is running into this problem via a different airline or if their flight is still being scheduled? It looks like I won't be able to call and reschedule until the morning of the interview either (of which will be completely last minute =/)
 
I was supposed to fly in tomorrow afternoon for my Wednesday interview but US Airlines has grounded all of their flights to Philadelphia for today and tomorrow. The admissions office isn't open which isn't surprising, so I was wondering if anyone else is running into this problem via a different airline or if their flight is still being scheduled? It looks like I won't be able to call and reschedule until the morning of the interview either (of which will be completely last minute =/)

Unfortunate, but I wouldn't worry too much. The hurricane obviously complicates things for everyone. Just stay on top of it and you'll be able to reschedule. Good luck!
 
Im supposed to interview wednesday as well but my flight for tomorrow was canceled last night (AIRTRAN). Ive emailed them and called them to let them know I need to reschedule but no one has gotten back to me. The school was shutdown so I doubt anyone was there. Im sure they will get back to us when they open up the school again. Right now there's nothing we can do but wait it out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using SDN Mobile
 
Guys, the school doesn't really have a choice other than to be understanding - just get in touch on Wednesday morning to reschedule and you'll be fine. Safe travels!
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.