2025-2026 Drexel

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

While trying to pick up my Drexel account it says that my information doesn’t exist. I already got confirmation of acceptance email and campus assignment. Is anyone else seeing this issue? It is nerve wrecking at every step.
Were you able to set up the account in the end? I seem to be encountering the same issues as well lol
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys I am interviewing tomorrow and don't know where to access the interview essay? I don't see it on AMP and didn't receive an email about the essay prompt/how to submit it.
 
Hey guys I am interviewing tomorrow and don't know where to access the interview essay? I don't see it on AMP and didn't receive an email about the essay prompt/how to submit it.
Same. Couple people on admit have the same issue. I guess we will find out tomorrow as there isn’t much we can do at this point and it was the weekend
 
There is nothing you can do until April 30th. They prob wont pull from deferment, and most of us will end up on the WL
Agree with you.. I do find it crazy that they continue to send out ii til late March while there are so many ppl that are deferred though. Theres no way they remember anything about those people who interviewed in September/October, etc.

Seems like it would make more sense to just WL from the start instead of deferring ppl since there isn't gonna be movement til WL time anyways.
 
Did ya'll also get an email saying they're closing the interview essay portal? We were told they would extend the deadline to the end of the week.
 
Did the interview day essay page close for anyone?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When did you interview?
April 6th, but they did not open the interview essay two days before, so they gave us all an extension till the end of the week.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Is it better to submit a letter of intent now post-deferral or after getting WLed down the road? I was deferred last week - so now am debating on what to do, especially since there is not even a guarantee I get WLed rather than rejected in May/June.

I already submitted an update letter before getting an interview. So I am also a little confused what to do as according to the website, we only get one? three? updates.
 
Is it better to submit a letter of intent now post-deferral or after getting WLed down the road? I was deferred last week - so now am debating on what to do, especially since there is not even a guarantee I get WLed rather than rejected in May/June.

I already submitted an update letter before getting an interview. So I am also a little confused what to do as according to the website, we only get one? three? updates.
I honestly went by the portal's guidelines, of max 4 updates. when did u interview?
 
Where do y’all think Drexel is rn with decisions? Ik ppl from mid Feb interviews got their decisions back but since April 15 is tmw does that mean that past that point they’re waiting for movement and then are gonna release more decisions?
 
Any current medical students that I can talk to??? I'm deciding between DUCOM and my state school and really am confused how to go about it. The closing of Hahnemann really worries me along with other things but DUCOM is in the perfect area in Philly!! Please lmk if anyone's down to talk
 
Any current medical students that I can talk to??? I'm deciding between DUCOM and my state school and really am confused how to go about it. The closing of Hahnemann really worries me along with other things but DUCOM is in the perfect area in Philly!! Please lmk if anyone's down to talk
Feel free to PM. Hahnemann closed almost 7 years ago - Drexel is still doing fine.
 
I have removed the link to the GroupMe as we have found that having it publicly available on SDN usually leads to spammers joining. It is best to privately share it or have the school add you if they have an official one.
 
has anyone who has been deferred heard back? hoping there will be some answers soon 🙁
Bro, no one will hear back from defer until after April 30th, when they actually know the size of their class. I think there might be a chance some people will go straight to an A, but more likely would be a WL. Knowing Drexel, I think they’ll make us wait a lot longer for a decision.
 
Bro, no one will hear back from defer until after April 30th, when they actually know the size of their class. I think there might be a chance some people will go straight to an A, but more likely would be a WL. Knowing Drexel, I think they’ll make us wait a lot longer for a decision.
From being a deferred candidate. I didn’t learn about an acceptance until 24 JUN 25 for class of 2029. I had to defer enrolment for a year because I could not get everything situated before I moved
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
From being a deferred candidate. I didn’t learn about an acceptance until 24 JUN 25 for class of 2029. I had to defer enrolment for a year because I could not get everything situated before I moved
When did you interview and when were you deferred?
 
Can any current students speak to the differences between west reading and philly campuses? Is there a substantial difference in cost of living? Which campus tends to be more popular?
 
Can any current students speak to the differences between west reading and philly campuses? Is there a substantial difference in cost of living? Which campus tends to be more popular?
I am not a current student, but during a recent campus tour, I received a summary of the differences. West Reading is a four-year campus, while Philly is a two-year campus. Philly is the more popular campus, or at least the lottery places more students at Philly than at West Reading. For Philly, you can still make your way to West Reading during the clinical years (or to other parts of Pennsylvania or other states), while the West Reading students will do their clinical years in WR. I'm not too sure about the cost of living differences.
 
I am not a current student, but during a recent campus tour, I received a summary of the differences. West Reading is a four-year campus, while Philly is a two-year campus. Philly is the more popular campus, or at least the lottery places more students at Philly than at West Reading. For Philly, you can still make your way to West Reading during the clinical years (or to other parts of Pennsylvania or other states), while the West Reading students will do their clinical years in WR. I'm not too sure about the cost of living differences.
Most of the class is at Philly (260 in Philly vs 40 in Reading) so yes, the lottery will put more in Philly.

Having local access to the other medical institutions in Philly can be pretty helpful, especially for research and mentorship. There's also just more going on in Philly.
 
Have any accepted students who uploaded their onboarding documents gotten them marked completed yet? I uploaded mine back in early March and still haven't seen them checked off. Was wondering if it was just me or if others are also waiting.
 
Has anyone who interviewed in early march gotten accepted? I still haven't heard anything back yet and am worried about what this means.
 
Has anyone been accepted into the Drexel Facebook Group Link they sent? Also is there a groupme that's already been created that someone could DM me the link to? Thanks!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad