2012-2013 Emory University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got an email at around 7:00 pm. complete on 8/6 GPA - 3.90, MCAT 40Q

Interview invitation last night! For those who are curious, I was complete on 8/1, 3.9, 34. I'm pumped to check out Atlanta. Definitely one of my top choices

Members don't see this ad :)
invite by email a little while ago!! YAYYY :D my top choice!:love:

submitted 7/26, was complete august 1. speed racer!

Anyone else complete the beginning of August and not heard back yet? I'm starting to feel like I've been put on hold... :confused:

Anyone else complete the beginning of August and not heard back yet? I'm starting to feel like I've been put on hold... :confused:
Complete 7/31. Haven't heard anything yet.

Complete 8/3, nothing for me.

If SDN is any accurate indication, it doesn't sound like many have gotten interviews.

i got an II on 8/30. scheduled for 10/5. pumped to visit the ATL!

Members don't see this ad :)
It's been over a month and still no secondary has been emailed to me... really frustrating. Should I contact the school?

II earlier today, complete 8/1! For all of you guys complete late July/early Aug (and everyone else!), I hope good news comes your way soon :)

Anyone mind posting the US News Interview/Accepted #s please?

Thanks a lot!

Anyone mind posting the US News Interview/Accepted #s please?

Thanks a lot!

Total
Applied: 4926
II: 662
Accepted: 325

IS
Applied: 430
II: 111
Accepted: 55

OOS
Applied: 4496
II: 551
Accepted: 270

Good luck :)

Total
Applied: 4926
II: 662
Accepted: 325

IS
Applied: 430
II: 111
Accepted: 55

OOS
Applied: 4496
II: 551
Accepted: 270

Good luck :)

Do the accepted numbers include those outright accepted or those who were waitlisted and then later accepted? Thanks

Do the accepted numbers include those outright accepted or those who were waitlisted and then later accepted? Thanks

The acceptance rates usually include those accepted from the waitlist. Also, the number applied only includes those who completed the secondary, and not those who only sent in their primary but withdrew or failed to complete the secondary.

II just now for 10/8! 3.73/35 OOS complete 7/31

dream school :) :)

First interview day is tomorrow! The M1's are very excited to hang out with the interviewees during our breaks.

On your interview day, I'll likely be around, but you won't know it's me. :smuggrin:

For everyone waiting for an interview, please try to have patience. As I said before, I was complete last year in July and received an invite at the very end of December, and I obviously managed to get in. Who can figure the system?

Good luck, everyone. Please post if you have any questions about Emory, Atlanta, the curriculum, or anything.

Anyone know if they accept community college credit? I only have one semester of English taken at a community college.

Is it just me or has Emory been very slow with applicant questions? I submitted 2 questions by email a couple months ago and it took >2 weeks to hear a response. It makes me hesitant to send them an update email

hey do you guys know what Emory's policy on what happens if prospective students get rejected from the md/mph program? I know that for most schools, a student will still be considered for the MD even if rejected from the combined program. But Emory seems a little more ambiguous. As per their site:
"Applicants will be notified of acceptance into the dual degree program after they are accepted by the School of Medicine. Those who are not accepted into the dual degree program may complete a separate application for the MPH program. Extensive financial assistance opportunities for the MPH year are available to MD/MPH students through both schools (Medicine and Public Health)."

II. OOS.

Complete ~end of July.

+1, complete mid-August.

So, I have an interview the day before this one at Johns Hopkins. Does anyone think it would be an awful idea to have an interview in Baltimore on Thursday and one in Atlanta on Friday? I need to be back in New England on Monday.

Not at all! Go for it! I think back-to-back is the way best way to minimize time wasted traveling.

Yeah, I dun goofed. My hopkins interview is actually October 19th, the same day. So I'm going to ask for the following week. Good thing I didn't confirm yet.

Interview Invite today! OOS 3.5 GPA 31Q MCAT; complete 09/05

Interview Invite today! OOS 3.5 GPA 31Q MCAT; complete 09/05

Congrats! But I have to say Emory has the most absurd way in the order they give out IIs. Most schools will either either do it by completion date or interview high stats people first but looks like Emory doesn't follow either. I have a 3.91, 34S, am IS, am an Emory undergrad, have a parent that works for Emory's med school, and completed 8/1 but haven't received an II yet.

Congrats! But I have to say Emory has the most absurd way in the order they give out IIs. Most schools will either either do it by completion date or interview high stats people first but looks like Emory doesn't follow either. I have a 3.91, 34S, am IS, am an Emory undergrad, have a parent that works for Emory's med school, and completed 8/1 but haven't received an II yet.

Maybe they don't like your SDN username :p.

For all we know @Ryan1514 has 6,000+ hospital hours working as a RN, has 6 first author publications for the NIH, has an MPH and PhD, saved a puppy from a fire, and has flown to the moon. No need to try to compare yourself to him (or her) based on limited information.

Maybe they don't like your SDN username :p.

For all we know @Ryan1514 has 6,000+ hospital hours working as a RN, has 6 first author publications for the NIH, has an MPH and PhD, saved a puppy from a fire, and has flown to the moon. No need to try to compare yourself to him (or her) based on limited information.

Everything except for saving the puppy, it was only a cat... Although I have a below average GPA, i nearly aced all of my upper division science courses in neurobiology, endocrinology etc. My clinical experiences came from a really unique program and I have strong letters of rec, so I think that helped..Also I'm half African-American (even though I look incredibly white in my secondary photo) which definitely couldn't hurt lol. I'm just lucky that adcoms look at the whole applicant ha

u sound like u're entitled to a II. trust me, based on ur stats, u're nothing amazing.

u sound like u're entitled to a II. trust me, based on ur stats, u're nothing amazing.

To be fair, from friends and faculty here in Atlanta, I've been told that Emory is quite nepotistic, especially for faculty kids and those who have a faculty or current students recommend them to the admin committee. So, I would be surprised if "collegestud" didn't get an interview.

To be fair, from friends and faculty here in Atlanta, I've been told that Emory is quite nepotistic, especially for faculty kids and those who have a faculty or current students recommend them to the admin committee. So, I would be surprised if "collegestud" didn't get an interview.

that goes for all schools though...they take preference in their undergrads..
anyhow, don't wanna get in an argument, but im tired of seeing posts from people who think they're just entitled to a II...

if he's entitled to a II, then I'm entitled to an acceptance. lulz :laugh:

anyhow, don't wanna get in an argument, but im tired of seeing posts from people who think they're just entitled to a II...

if he's entitled to a II, then I'm entitled to an acceptance. lulz

I have a 36 mcat and URM and there is no way I'm at the bottom of the stack (not arrogant, but srsly...

nah, i don't think so, I definitely feel a II coming (I got solid stats for a URM: 3.75/36S coming from an ivy) and I haven't heard anything

Hmmm... are you really in a position to be complaining about others coming off as "entitled"?

MedAuthor you are KILLING it with interviews so far this season. Congrats!

With all the super stat kids preoccupied fighting maybe I can sneak in for an interview LOL :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.