-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 Emory University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Dang, they are into February? That's the last month for IIs. Oh well...looks like it's not meant to be 🙁
First of all, they are barely into February. Don't give up yet. Second, is February the last month for interviews, or interview invites? I thought most schools send II's through Feb. and the corresponding interviews take place through March. Is Emory a month ahead of this schedule?
good luck.
First of all, they are barely into February. Don't give up yet. Second, is February the last month for interviews, or interview invites? I thought most schools send II's through Feb. and the corresponding interviews take place through March. Is Emory a month ahead of this schedule?
good luck.
The sheet they gave us says the class is full by March 4th(I'm quoting this date off the top of my head)....
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The sheet they gave us says the class is full by March 4th(I'm quoting this date off the top of my head)....
thanks for the info! From that I would guess that they are done interviewing by mid-February. Perhaps there are still some II's to come.
thanks for the info! From that I would guess that they are done interviewing by mid-February. Perhaps there are still some II's to come.
I hope this means I'm not just interviewing for a WL spot (feb 8th interview).
I hope this means I'm not just interviewing for a WL spot (feb 8th interview).
the committee's next few dates for acceptances are February 4th and February 18th so if you interview on the 8th you'll get reviewed by the 18th otherwise waitlisted... "no interviewed applicant is rejected" yay Emory.
and March 4th is the final round of acceptances (just read this right off the sheet they gave us)
So excited about this school!!! 😍
Anyone know if the adcom is receptive to PRE-interview letters of interest?
Anyone know if the adcom is receptive to PRE-interview letters of interest?
What if I have new information to add to my application file?
You may send all updates to the Office of Admissions at [email protected] or by USPS mail. It is also important to update your address information with AMCAS as well.
(http://med.emory.edu/main/education/admissions/md/faq.html#After_Applying_to_Emory6)
That's what I found on their website.
I personally have sent in 2 updates, though I never received any feedback from Emory regarding either of those. The page makes it seem like they're open to you sending a LOI, but don't be too surprised if they don't respond.
What if I have new information to add to my application file?
You may send all updates to the Office of Admissions at [email protected] or by USPS mail. It is also important to update your address information with AMCAS as well.
(http://med.emory.edu/main/education/admissions/md/faq.html#After_Applying_to_Emory6)
That's what I found on their website.
I personally have sent in 2 updates, though I never received any feedback from Emory regarding either of those. The page makes it seem like they're open to you sending a LOI, but don't be too surprised if they don't respond.
speaking of this.. I just received a response from Emory for an update I provided to them in SEPTEMBER. "We apologize for the delay in responding to your email. Thank you for your update. We will include this information in your file for review."
bizarre.
speaking of this.. I just received a response from Emory for an update I provided to them in SEPTEMBER. "We apologize for the delay in responding to your email. Thank you for your update. We will include this information in your file for review."
bizarre.
How strange. Yeah when I was working on my secondary I sent them an URGENT email, which they didn't respond to for over 2 weeks! On the contrary, if you did want to ask them directly heartshaped box, I've heard they are excellent over the phone. Good luck!

What if I have new information to add to my application file?
You may send all updates to the Office of Admissions at [email protected] or by USPS mail. It is also important to update your address information with AMCAS as well.
(http://med.emory.edu/main/education/admissions/md/faq.html#After_Applying_to_Emory6)
That's what I found on their website.
I personally have sent in 2 updates, though I never received any feedback from Emory regarding either of those. The page makes it seem like they're open to you sending a LOI, but don't be too surprised if they don't respond.
Huh..I've sent in 3 updates via emaili, and they've confirmed the receipt of each of them.
the committee's next few dates for acceptances are February 4th and February 18th so if you interview on the 8th you'll get reviewed by the 18th otherwise waitlisted... "no interviewed applicant is rejected" yay Emory.
How true is this? o_o
How true is this? o_o
Very true....
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If it's helpful to anyone, I was complete mid-September, and received an interview invite last week, scheduled for early February.
If it's helpful to anyone, I was complete mid-September, and received an interview invite last week, scheduled for early February.
If you don't mind sharing, what are you're stats? Thanks!
Just got an e-mail telling me to send in the FAFSA/CSS applications. Interviewed 12/17 and haven't heard back on a decision yet. Anyone else get this as well (and if so have you been accepted)?
Yeah I did. And I was accepted in Nov. I wouldn't look into it too much though. Most schools will encourage you to submit fAFSA and other financial aid forms regardless if your accepted or not since the deadlines are usually set before the school finishes giving out acceptances. UNC and a few other schools sent me an email along those same lines.
Just got an e-mail telling me to send in the FAFSA/CSS applications. Interviewed 12/17 and haven't heard back on a decision yet. Anyone else get this as well (and if so have you been accepted)?
Got the same email. Interviewed before you and haven't been received a decision yet.
Just got an e-mail telling me to send in the FAFSA/CSS applications. Interviewed 12/17 and haven't heard back on a decision yet. Anyone else get this as well (and if so have you been accepted)?
I got the email too, and I interviewed way back in October (no decision yet). So I think anyone who has interviewed, regardless of whether they have been accepted or not, received the email.
is emory receptive to update letters/loi?
is emory receptive to update letters/loi?
Yes, but good luck with them actually doing it. I received an email acknowledging an update from September a week or so ago and they have not yet acknowledged an update from November. Others have had better luck, so who knows
Any iis recently for those complete in late October?
+1
Really hoping to hear something..
complete late oct, II a couple weeks ago for 1st week of feb.+1
Really hoping to hear something..
Just a heads up to those who were accepted: I was accepted on October 22nd, and sent my reservation letter back right away. However, I never received a receipt, so I called today and they said it never made it there, and allowed me to email in a copy of my letter of intent. I then received an official receipt. So, make sure you got that receipt, I'd hate for anyone to unknowingly lose their seat because their letter of intent got lost in the mail.
Just a heads up to those who were accepted: I was accepted on October 22nd, and sent my reservation letter back right away. However, I never received a receipt, so I called today and they said it never made it there, and allowed me to email in a copy of my letter of intent. I then received an official receipt. So, make sure you got that receipt, I'd hate for anyone to unknowingly lose their seat because their letter of intent got lost in the mail.
Was your receipt just in a form of an email from emory saying they'd follow up with more info and your place is reserved?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes
I completed my secondary early October and just received an II yesterday! I am scheduled for Feb 15. Don't give up hope if you have not heard back yet!
did you send updates or LOI?
congrats!
Can someone please repost the dates they send out letters? 🙂 thanks
if you know they were posted before, couldn't you just go back and look?
anyways,
"10/22, 11/19, 12/21, 2/4, 2/18"
So it sounds like they're giving out IIs now for mainly those who we completed later 🙁. On their website they say interview season is October-February. Does that mean they don't interview in March? If that's the case they're probably just about out of interview spots...
So it sounds like they're giving out IIs now for mainly those who we completed later 🙁. On their website they say interview season is October-February. Does that mean they don't interview in March? If that's the case they're probably just about out of interview spots...
March 4th the class is filled.... So I'm guessing no interviews in March. Also, they said, "no interviewed applicant is rejected."
A week from Monday, acceptances will be mailed!!!!! I'm soo nervous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Worth it to send a LOInterest at this point? (for interview) I was complete mid october.
Worth it to send a LOInterest at this point? (for interview) I was complete mid october.
couldn't hurt.
A week from Monday, acceptances will be mailed!!!!! I'm soo nervous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tell me about it....I have a gut feeling that says
I'll be waitlisted...
Did anyone else who has interviewed but wasn't accepted on the first acceptance letter date receive the "Fill out the financial aid information" email from Emory? I'm trying not to get my hopes up but it was exciting to hear something from them.
Hey, I received it as well and I just interviewed this month... I don't think it has anything to do with acceptance or not. They told us to fill it out regardless, just in case if you get accepted at a later date. Hope that helps!
Hey, I received it as well and I just interviewed this month... I don't think it has anything to do with acceptance or not. They told us to fill it out regardless, just in case if you get accepted at a later date. Hope that helps!
Hmm interesting. I have a friend who also has interviewed and has not been accepted yet but he didn't get the email. Ugghh Emory let me in please!
there's no way that the FAFSA email means anything. its not like they made a pile of their favorite applicants and then only sent the email to those people. that would be ridiculous for a lot of reasons. don't look too far into things and just try to be patient! I know it is very difficult!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
there's no way that the FAFSA email means anything. its not like they made a pile of their favorite applicants and then only sent the email to those people. that would be ridiculous for a lot of reasons. don't look too far into things and just try to be patient! I know it is very difficult!
Dude... preaching calm and patience?? What site do you think you're on??? 😀 Haha but no I interviewed like three days before I got the email so I don't think there is anyway they sent this out to their "favorite applicants". Just gotta cross our fingers and wait for Monday!
Good luck to us all. I'd love to go to Emory!
Dude... preaching calm and patience?? What site do you think you're on??? 😀 Haha but no I interviewed like three days before I got the email so I don't think there is anyway they sent this out to their "favorite applicants". Just gotta cross our fingers and wait for Monday!
haha yup, you're probably right. It's funny, but Emory wasn't even my top choice before they DIDN'T accept me in the December round. But it's like now I want it because I might not get it. Med school admissions, why are you messing with my head?
haha yup, you're probably right. It's funny, but Emory wasn't even my top choice before they DIDN'T accept me in the December round. But it's like now I want it because I might not get it. Med school admissions, why are you messing with my head?
That doesn't seem like a great reason to want to go to Emory? 😕
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K